main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Gate Crashin' (Stargate SG-1/SW Crossover, AU, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, OC's) ~~Final replies 10/28!~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinngerbread, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Title: Gate Crashin'
    Author(s) Jinngerbread and Lithiniel
    Characters Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Dooku, OC's, Stargate SG-1 Team
    Summary: The Stargate SG-1 team finds themselves in a world that they believe is fiction. Even though they know how the universe works in fiction, do they really understand the gravity of the situation and can they survive in a galaxy unlike their own?
    Authors' Notes This is our first foray into a collaboration of the Stargate world. We hope that it is as realistic as the television show and that you all have as much fun with it as we are.
    Note Two: Special thanks to stormqueen874 for the wonderful cover art!

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/Layren/Layren2.jpg]

Prologue

Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter watched a monitor in front of her intently. A bluish glow reflected off the walls; the Gate was open, and the Mobile Analytic Laboratory Probe was dutifully exploring the immediate environment on the other side. All she could see was --

"Carter?"

"Sand, Sir. Lots of sand," Carter replied, glancing at her superior.

O'Neill's brow furrowed. "That's it?"

Carter used the joystick control to adjust the MALP's camera angle. "Well that's not the only thing," she said after a minute, before she pointed on the screen. "This planet has binary suns."

Colonel Jack O'Neill leaned in to look at the pair of shining orbs in the sky. Their brilliance would have been nearly blinding in person. "So we've got breathable atmosphere, lots of sand, and two suns," he said. Then he glanced around at the rest of the team. "Everybody make sure to bring extra sun block."

Carter couldn't help but snicker slightly. "Sir, if I may, I'd suggest going to Exchange for more supplies," she replied, pulling out an empty bottle of sun block.

O'Neill shot her an inscrutable look, and then turned from the monitor. "All right, shut down the gate," he called to Harriman. "We leave at 13:00 hours. That enough time to go to the Exchange, Carter?" he added, so that only she heard.

She chuckled in a low tone. "Absolutely, Colonel." She glanced back at the screen one more time. It was sure to be an interesting trip.

They always were.

~*~

Sergeant. Harriman's voice echoed through the Gate room. "Chevron Seven locked!" The address normally would have been completed by then, but this...this one was odd. "Chevron eight...encoded..." He had his gaze fixed on the computer. The eighth point locked into place. "Chevron Eight, locked!"

Luminescence, like water, filled the Stargate and a wave punched a hole in the air before retracting. The team stood before the gate, apprehensive. This was a new experience. The gate address was unfamiliar, and Carter had theorized that it was likely in another galaxy altogether. If that were the case, would there be enough power on the other side for a return trip? O'Neill stepped up to the gate, musing. If not, the Daedalus was fueled and ready, waiting to pick them up. They would simply be stranded for the couple of weeks it would take for the ship to arrive, wherever they were going. Taking a deep breath, he plunged ahead.

A sharp chill and a mild disorientation sent a shock through his system. He was in the wormhole longer than usual, but even so, when he stepped through to the other side, only seconds had passed. He held up a hand against the glaring twin suns and looked around. Sand stretched as far as the eye could see, piled up in windswept dunes. It was hot. Sweat trickled from every pore in a matter of moments. He glanced back at the rest of the team. "Jackson, this couldn't be Abydos, could it?"

Jackson glanced back at him. "We actually know the coordinates to Abydos," he couldn't help but point out. This other was completely unfamiliar, and it had an eighth Chevron "The address coordinates were entirely different from what we're used to dealing with, with the eighth Chevron."

"We are not on any world I have ever seen, O'Neill," Teal'c comm

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I haven't seen a stargate x-over for awhile, and it sounds like Vader
    is in for a surprise. Or are they joking about vader because they watched the movie.
    So the time frame is when?o_O Hopefully with cute
    young Obi-Wan;)
    I like O'neills sarcasm, and I think Daniel Jackson is spot on as the scientist.

Sounds interesting may I have a PM if you would please. [:D]

3. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Well, you know how much of Stargate I've seen (ie none), but I did find this amusing. After all, a group from earth with knowledge of a fictional galaxy in the SW universe is going to be amusing. Meeting up with Anakin would be amusing- or Qui, knowing you. *grins*

4. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    ooh, this looks like it'll be interesting. As a SG1 fan, I love this idea. PM list please?

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I love Stargate/SW crossovers! I especially love it when the Earth beings think SW is fictional. Yay! Can't wait for more. Oh, and love the title.

6. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    :D :D :D *flails gleefully* You guys, this is 42 flavors of awesome! I've been waiting for a Stargate crossover for ages on the Boards -- there's just so much potential there. And what a fantastic start!

Heh. Teal'c is such a fanboy. :p

If you've got a PM list, would you add me? Great job so far, and I look forward to more!

=D=

7. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Oh, I know I'm going to love this. Star Gate and Star Wars, it's just a win win situation [face_dancing]

The fact that Teal'c was a Darth Vader fan really made me smile and I can't wait to find out how they react when they meet our SW boys :D

Please please update this soon [face_praying]

8. Chloris

Chloris Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    This is looking good so far. I love both SG1 and Star Wars so I can't wait to see where you go with this. Update soon [face_dancing]

9. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Oooh! This is definitely interesting. :D

I wonder what will happen when they finally realize that the SW universe wasn't so fiction afterall. XD

If you have a pm list, please add me to it!

10. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Gkilkenny We can't reveal everything to you right off, now can we? ;) Glad you like the characterizations, the Stargate team, is mostly Lithiniel's doing, she knows them much better than I do. I'm only just now getting started into Stargate, but am enjoying it very much :D We'll be happy to PM you. Thanks for reading!

Alethia What do you mean, knowing me? :p Even if you haven't watched much of the series, you can still understand the story, if you know the basics and the characters will explain everything as it goes on ;) Thanks for reading!

wolf_keonbi We'll be happy to! Thanks for reading!

p_stotts Then you'll love the next update ;) :D Glad you like the title, I was afraid at first that it'd be too corny :p but I rather liked it ;) Thanks for reading!

Star-Foozle We can has flavr! Er, yes, I did just go into lolcat speakmode didn't I? :p Been looking at that website too long. Teal'c is definitely a fanboy ;) Thanks for reading, of course we'll PM you ;)

Glenstorm Well Teal'c being a fanboy is canon in Stargate, so seems appropriate to mention it here ;) Thanks for reading!

Chloris Thanks! We're enjoying working on it :D

Sabriel_Orion Guess you'll just have to wait and see :D You're added and thanks for reading!

Chapter One

Jedi Knight Kyran Josel had spotted the power anomaly on his sensors long before he exited out of hyperspace. He had felt it in the Force, even before that. The disturbance had surprised him enough to make a detour on his way home and stop at the planet in question, heading to where he had felt the coordinates. He thought with some relief that at least it was in the middle of the desert where he wouldn't draw attention to himself as he investigated this.

He had done two preliminary scans flying overhead to try and figure out what it was, but he was no closer to finding out than he had been. He had seen something quite tall, that looked circular, along with several beings scattered around it. Humans, maybe. Though he sensed a non-human presence there also. What would they be doing here in the middle of the desert and the disturbance he had felt?

He'd have to land to investigate further. He put the ship down with enough distance away that he would not be seen as a threat. He powered down the small fighter and his droid "Ar One" whistled. "No, you stay put, Ar One, I'll be fine, I'm sure."

The droid warbled some more. Kyran would get into trouble without him, he just knew it. The Jedi laughed a little. "Absolutely, you know I plan on it."

~*~

All four members of SG-1 watched this newcomer warily as he approached. He was dressed in a long robe, caught up and billowed by a sudden breeze. Something small, shiny, and cylindrical hung from his wide leather belt. Jackson and Teal'c exchanged glances. Teal'c's expression never changed, but Jackson could almost sense a tingle of excitement..... it had been like that, ever since he'd Ascended the first time. He'd lost all his powers for interfering with Anubis, but sometimes, just sometimes, he could sense things -- what other people were feeling, for instance.

O'Neill stood up, his bullpup FN P-90 slung across his chest on the shoulder strap. His hand rested lightly on it, ready to take aim at a moment's notice. O'Neill glanced to Jackson, their linguist. "You wanna talk to him, or should I?"

"You go ahead and see if he can understand English, just don't shoot at him unless he goes for his weapon," Jackson advised. "Even then, I'd be careful," he added.

O'Neill shot Jackson a look that said... "Well, duh!" ... and took a step forward, waving at the stranger. "Hey, there!"

The Jedi looked at the stranger who was waving, evidently in greeting. He was trying to decide on the best approach but he supposed friendly was a good one for now, even if he didn't really understand what was going on yet. "Hello there." At least they spoke Basic. That would make things easier.

O'Neill was mildly surprised. They'd run into sc

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I was reading away when I came to this bit.

He turned and walked two paces back to join the team. "Either I'm losing my mind, or we've just stumbled on the most realistic Sci-Fi convention ever. You wanna talk to this guy, Jackson?"

"Well, I likely should, as it looks like you're just going to end up pissing him off," Jackson pointed out, shaking his head at his colleague.

Jack gave the archaeologist a tight smile. "Thanks, buddy."

and it made me chuckle[face_laugh] O'Neill is just like that and he can be quite unintelligent for a Colonel.
    I love it when teal'c raises his eyebrows at some of the thing Jack says.

Excellent=D=

12. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    =D= Oh, goodie, goodie! An update! *jumps up and down* Ahem... uh, I mean, I'm glad you updated. I love that you've immediately brought in the Jedi and their not-so-successful introduction to SG-1. Of course, you had to end it with a cliffhanger. :rolleyes: o_O Why should I expect any better. I know, I'm being punished for my sins. Oh well, I'll just have to be patient. [face_whistling]

Btw, great story. :)

13. Sabriel_Orion

Mar 29, 2008
    Yay! An update!

I loved it. :D Their reactions to the Jedi amuse me. XD

And a cliffhanger. Do all people who write fanfics love them? XD

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Teal'c, however, brightened -- as much as Teal'c ever did, anyway. "That would put us on the home world of Darth Vader, O'Neill," said the brooding giant.

Jackson turned to Teal'c skeptically. "I doubt it. We all known how much you love Darth Vader, Teal'c' but let's be a bit more realistic. Surely there are planets besides Tatooine with binary suns."

LOL I loved that bit.

"You go ahead and see if he can understand English, just don't shoot at him unless he goes for his weapon," Jackson advised. "Even then, I'd be careful," he added.

O'Neill shot Jackson a look that said... "Well, duh!" ... and took a step forward, waving at the stranger. "Hey, there!"

Yeah, that was a no brainer. [face_laugh]

O'Neill was oddly pleased to have one-up on someone who was so advanced technologically. He still didn't know exactly how the doohickey worked -- that was Carter's job anyway -- but that wasn't any of this stranger's business. "It's for travel. Wormholes. Sciencey stuff."

"Sciency stuff?" The Jedi had thought he was speaking to someone intelligent at first. Yet the language he was using was belaying that fact. "You couldn't be anymore vague, could you?"

I loved the Jedi's reaction to O'Neill's um... pseudo-technojargon.

So far you have all the SG-1 characters down. I can't wait for more. Could you PM me w/ updates?

15. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Hysterical post! Love O'Neil's interaction with the Jedi. [face_laugh] Great job!=D= Looking forward to more.:)

16. Chloris

Chloris Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    "Sciency stuff?" The Jedi had thought he was speaking to someone intelligent at first.
    [face_laugh] Loved that line. The whole meeting between the jedi and sg1 was done very well. Hope to see more soon [face_dancing]

17. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Loved it. I concur that you have the SG-1 characters down perfectly. Especially O'Neill. =D=

I didn't know Teal'c was offically a Star Wars fan [face_laugh] I love Star Gate but unfortunately haven't seen more than a handful of episodes from the first two series. Dang!

Any hoo, please please update soon. We need to find out what's going to happen next! I still can't wait to see how SG-1 will react when they meet Qui and Obi.

Good job! :D

18. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Hee, this continues to delight me. You've got Jack's voice down-pat, and I'm loving his interaction with Kyran. And the 'most realistic sci-fi convention' part made me crack up. [face_laugh]

But, agh, a cliffhanger! I'm eagerly looking forward to the next bit, and I hope it won't be a long time in coming!

Great job. :D

19. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Haha! Poor Jack making a bad first impression with a Jedi. It sort of looks like they have similar tendencies toward sarcasm, so they clash a bit. But in a very amusing way. [face_mischief]

It's a good thing for Jack that Teal'c has seen Star Wars 9 times. :D That could come in handy.

20. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Mixing Stargate and Star Wars is a fantastic idea. Some crossovers just don't fit but these two were made for each other. A great start!

21. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Gkilkenny: I think that's why we love O'Neill so much -- his relative Jerkitude(TM) It's always good when we can give someone a giggle!

p_stotts: Glad you like it! Think of the cliffhangers as commercial breaks.....that go on for about a week. ;)

Sabriel_Orion: It's a marketing ploy. If we left off someplace satisfactory, people might not come back to read. New one's coming soon, so enjoy!

Alexis_Wingstar: Psuedo-technojargon is O'Neill's specialty. I'm glad we're capturing the essence of the characters. It can be difficult at times..... Got you added to the PMs.....

wolf_kenobi: I'm seeing a trend, here... Everyone loves O'Neill.....hey, that'd be a good idea for a TV sitcom..... More is on its way!

Chloris: *bows* We are but your humble servants. Plus the voices in our heads told us that's how SG-1 would react to Jedi types.... ;)

Glenstorm: Yeah, I forget which episode it is, but Jack and Teal'c go to visit....Daniel, I think? It's been a while. And they bring over the entire SW collection with the intention of watching them all. That's where we find out that Teal'c totally digs SW. He's so deadpan all the time, though..... Thanks, and keep your eyes peeled. More fun to come!

Star-Foozle: Thanks for the input. Glad you're enjoying it! We has teh flavr!

ardavenport: Yep, Kyran + Jack = C4 + Detonator! The potential for exploding is there, but being responsible adults, they won't let it get to that point..... probably. :D And yes, Teal'c's extensive knowledge of SW things should come in quite handy at some point.

sidious618: Thank you! It was one of those ideas that required a little experimentation before we figured out we could justify it. Now that we have, we're running with it.... ;)

Thanks, everyone, for reading and keeping up with us! There are cookies and refreshments in your browsers. The next screening will be sometime today. :)

22. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Chapter Two

Carter watched the figure who was inching his way cautiously down the dune toward them. O'Neill, on the other hand, regarded the Jedi for a moment longer. "You know anything about him?" he asked, jerking his chin in the direction of the now-approaching man.

Kyran shook his head. "No. I've only been to Tatooine one other time before."

"Tatooine," Jack repeated sullenly. "Why'd it have to be Tatooine?" He ignored Teal'c's snort of derision. The figure was coming closer, and Carter was visibly agitated now. Jack knew what she was sensing -- this man, whoever he was, had a symbiote. Still, he wanted to be absolutely sure. "Carter, he's got a snake in his head, right?"

Sam nodded, not taking her eyes or her Zat off the man as he neared.

"What does that mean ?" Kyran asked. "I take it you have run into people like this before?

Teal'c answered this time. "They are called Goa'uld, Kyran Josel. A race of parasites that take human -- and humanoid -- hosts, controlling every action they take and every word they speak. They are evil."

Kyran shivered a little at the idea. "I've never even heard of them. " These people were coming up with stranger and stranger things. "I wonder if there is information in them in the archives," he mused, almost to himself.

"They are not from your galaxy, Kyran Josel. They are from ours. Even the Goa'uld have not perfected intergalactic travel," Teal'c told him.

They all fell silent. The man stood before them, panting in the hot sun. His hair was long, matted and dirty. Sand coated his skin, and his clothes were tattered and stained. They had been fine once, long ago, made of richly colored, heavy fabrics. He eyed the five of them; the weapons trained on him, and took a deep breath. "Oh, thank goodness someone finally arrived," he gasped.

The man caught sight of Teal'c and his eyes widened. "Apophis sent you?" he demanded, swallowing hard, but holding his ground.

Teal'c frowned. How could this one not know that he was no longer a servant of the Goa'uld Apophis? Every other being in the galaxy seemed to know it; they called him shol'va -- traitor. But Teal'c knew it wasn't a crime to betray a false god. He glanced at the rest of the team, who looked as puzzled as he.

O'Neill finally decided to break the silence. "Who are you?"

The raggedy man eyed the group with a touch of his former imperiousness. "I am called Atum," he said simply.

O'Neill glanced at Jackson meaningfully. Daniel thought for a moment, searching his vast mental store of Egyptian lore for the reference. "Atum was the creator-god of the Egyptians, at least in some areas. The father of the gods, if you will."

"Oh, ok. God-Father. Great," O'Neill said. "So where are his, you know....Jaffa, slaves, anything? He should have a mothership, too, shouldn't he? Somewhere around here? Hey, buddy, did you bury your spaceship in the sand?"

Atum could tell the man was getting impatient with him. He glanced at the others, trying to figure out what would serve him best in this situation. He hadn't counted on a Jaffa being around, let alone one who was marked as Apophis' First Prime. His gaze settled on the blond woman, the only other with naquadah in her blood. She carried herself like a footsoldier, not a queen, as should have befitted her. Then he recalled the stories he'd heard, tales of renegade Goa'uld freedom fighters. They'd called themselves something.... Tok....Tok'ra. Against Ra. Quickly, a plan began to devise itself in his mind. He glanced around nervously, as if checking to see if anyone else was around, which they obviously weren't in this forsaken wasteland.

"I am," he ventured, "a Tok'ra spy. When I was discovered by the System Lords..... I was dumped here and exiled."

"He's lying," Kyran spoke up flatly. He could sense the deceit just as clearly as he could sense the other presence inside the man.

Atum shot the robed man a dark look, and then slowly returned his gaze to the other four. "I assure you, I am not being di

23. Sabriel_Orion

Mar 29, 2008
    The Jaffa paused again, and looked back. "May the Force be with you." And with that, he disappeared through the Stargate.

Kyran had bowed in return to Teal'c's respect. This one had impressed him more than all of the rest. He had opened his mouth to reply, before he disappeared through the gate.

Jackson was next, at Carter's urging. He, too, glanced back at the Jedi speculatively. "Yeah, what Teal'c said. May the Force be with you!"

Kyran smiled slightly. "And with you," these people were so odd. It was almost like they seemed to get a kick out of saying it to him.

I'd be getting a kick out of saying it too. XD

Great job. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. :D

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I can't wait to see what's next! I assume that they'll be met with skepticism if they report that they went to the GFFA and met a Jedi on Tatooine.

25. VhenRa

VhenRa Jedi Master

May 8, 2008
    Hmm, Author, Mind telling us a general idea of what point this takes place in both timelines?

As in, Season and a Time Reference for Star Wars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.