main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Breaking dawn, a title, a Beatles and Qui-Tahl challenge vignette authors responses and thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Breaking dawn, a title, a Beatles and Qui-Tahl challenge vignette
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: before JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Tahl, my OC Kaagi Adin
    Genre: vignette HC mush
    Keywords:
    Summary: Kaagi Adin muses about Qui-Gon Jinn and Tahl after Qui-Gon has been injured. Tahl visits him every day (and nights)
    Disclaimer: G.L. is Star Wars.

Notes: for the Beatles challenge I got 7 "Eight Days a Week"
    And seeing the title ?Breaking dawn and challenge 1 on the Qui-Gon/Tahl Discussion Thread I could write this vignette.

Breaking dawn

Yes, there she is, the little girl with her gold and green striped eyes. Ductcrawling again just like her friend. She must have learned that from him and his friends Mace Windu, Benno Perion and Magin Bhik.
    The morning rays of the rising sun shine on her dark hair when she opens the grate.

Uh I am Kaagi Adin reporting from the healers? ward in the Jeditemple. I am one of the healers, usually a therapist for sprains and the like but also a surgeon when needed.
    And this is my early morning shift caring for the patients in the surgery wing of the healers? ward.

Him is Qui-Gon Jinn, 9 years old and one of the initiates of the clan Master Yoda and Crèche master Rian Solma supervises. And he is hands full with all those pranks he is planning with Benno, Magin and Mace.
    Qui-Gon had broken his leg four weeks ago after one of those adventures and now it is almost healed. Tomorrow I will remove the splint and he will get therapy.

Ductcrawling, all initiates ? and some masters ? do it. Only this time one of the grates broke from its hinges and Jinn being the first fell down and tried to save his fellow crawlers.
    Tahl, she is the little girl, fell down on top of him and that resulted in a break of the left tibia for Qui-Gon. I splinted the leg and now Qui-Gon is staying in room number 9, his favorite after some earlier mishap with Mace and Benno.

The healers? ward has ducts too and that?s the way Tahl enters room number 9, unseen and unheard by her crèche master Majana Walin. And do I report her? No, and I don?t bring her back to the crèche either.
    For over a year now she has been the great friend of Qui-Gon.

Oooh, I need your love, babe
    Guess you know it's true
    Hope you need my love, babe
    Just like I need you

Hold me, love me
    Hold me, love me
    I ain't got nothing but love, babe
    Eight days a week

Yes, there she is, hopping down. She doesn?t know that I am watching her just outside room number 9.
    Each day since Qui-Gon has been admitted here she has been visiting him and that?s five days a week.
    Yeah Coruscant has only 5 days a week. Had there been more she would have visited him eight days a week.

And she helps him heal that much faster by keeping him in his bed just talking and helping him with his homework.

How different from Benno, Mace and Magin.
    They were here a week ago, also using the duct, and had somehow sneaked in my office too because they began peppering Qui-Gon with squeeze-balls, my squeeze-balls I use for therapy.
    The four were making a lot of noise and that got me running towards room 9 when one of the old masters was complaining about that.

I entered the room and after hearing some ?healer is coming, get moving, yup, ouch that?s my head? I saw Mace as the last one disappear in the duct.
    Qui-Gon was a funny sight to behold his bed without covers and some squeeze-balls and the floor covered with covers and the rest of the balls.

I reprimanded him because the sling for his leg had become detached and Qui-Gon asked with a tiny voice if some damage was done but that it had been fun.
    I told him not to worry, that the bone was knitting together already and that he would get swimming therapy in a week.

And now he is telling that to Tahl silently inviting her to come too.

Will he pay attention to my therapy or have just all eyes on Tahl?

Love you everyday, girl
    Always on my mind
    One thing I can say, girl
    Love you all the time

Hold me, love me
    Hold me, love me
    I ain't got nothin

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    aw, that was sweet. :)

3. qui-gon_and_tahl

qui-gon_and_tahl Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2007
    Beautfiul response to the challenge! =D=

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Excellent response and vignette earlybird-obi-wan. =D=

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for another sweet story from the jedi temple and I hope for Qui Gon that he wil be less in the healer's ward than Obi Wan!

@};-

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Very nice.:cool:
    I love that song too. I think a nine year
    old Qui-Gon is a mischief maker.:p

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was so adroably sweet!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I love Tahl's devotion to an injured Qui-Gon and I'm sure he loved her visits.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. AllYouNeedIsLove

AllYouNeedIsLove Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2008
    [Myriad here]

Great challenge response, this song is perfect for the two of them! [face_love]

Nice job ;) =D=

9. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    good one! i liked it...
    i think they're such a sweet couple, also as friends.
    sweeeet story!=D=

TJ

10. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    A sweet story of childhood friends. An amazing blending of three challenges. =D=

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Wow! Great response to the challenge!

Well done! =D=

12. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    [face_love] That was so sweet! Aww.. Lil Qui/Tahl. Nice, it was written from another?s view instead of the pairing in the spotlight. Great job!

-Miks :)

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, that was cute, even if I think the Jedi would forbid bikinis. :) I like the intruder in Room 9.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Alexis_Wingstar aw, that was sweet.

qui-gon_and_tahl Beautfiul response to the challenge!

RX_Sith Excellent response and vignette earlybird-obi-wan.

AzureAngel2 Thanks for another sweet story from the jedi temple and I hope for Qui Gon that he wil be less in the healer's ward than Obi Wan!

Gkilkenny Very nice.
    I love that song too. I think a nine year
    old Qui-Gon is a mischief maker.

KELIA Awww...that was so adroably sweet!
    I love Tahl's devotion to an injured Qui-Gon and I'm sure he loved her visits.
    Great response to the challenge

AllYouNeedIsLove [Myriad here]
    Great challenge response, this song is perfect for the two of them!
    Nice job

Tahl_Jinn good one! i liked it...
    i think they're such a sweet couple, also as friends.
    sweeeet story!

Lilith Demodae A sweet story of childhood friends. An amazing blending of three challenges.

Jade_Pilot Wow! Great response to the challenge!
    Well done!

JediLuminaraUnduli That was so sweet! Aww.. Lil Qui/Tahl. Nice, it was written from another?s view instead of the pairing in the spotlight. Great job!

-Miks

DarthIshtar LOL, that was cute, even if I think the Jedi would forbid bikinis. I like the intruder in Room 9.

All thanks for reading and replies to it. It was fun to write.[:D][:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.