main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Timi's Down the Well - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Jedi - one-post - Monday Mush

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Timi's Down the Well
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: Before the Saga
    Genre: Mush
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Jedi OCs
    Keywords Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Jedi, Jedi Temple, well, padawan
    Summary: Timi's down the well.
    And: This one doesn't quite have as much mush as I wanted, but it's Monday Mush. And typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

The Jedi Temple was ancient. Jedi had built, re-built, modified and extended it for thousands of years, long before the massive city-planet of Coruscant grew up around it. With each layer of the encroaching city, the Jedi had added a new layer to their Temple until it had finally evolved into a massive, gray dura-stone structure, five tall spires rising high over the huge blocky base.

Eyes closed, Obi-Wan Kenobi felt the weight of millennia of history around him. And especially above him, pressing down through the Force on his mere fifteen years of age, thick and dense with time.

He and his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, faced each other, sitting on cushions on a cold stone floor.

Obi-Wan had asked why the Jedi Temple, or any other place, would be stronger in the Force than any other place, a question even more ancient than the Temple itself among Jedi. His Master's answer had been demonstrative. But not very informative.

Qui-Gon had led him down into the Temple, as far as they could go, found a small unoccupied room, put their cushions down and begun the meditation.

After a long weary time meditating, Obi-Wan still did not have his answer. Had the Jedi chosen the site of the Temple because it was strong with the Force? Or was the Temple strong with the Force because so many Jedi had lived in it for so long?

He knew that meditating in the Temple felt different than in other places. The Force felt 'thicker' there, stronger, as if he were floating in it. It did not just flow through him, he flowed with it, full of his own memories and possibilities.

He now knew that mediating in the lowest part of the Jedi Temple felt different than in the upper levels. He sensed the murky and imposing Temple structures and tunnels and warrens, and the city around it. They seemed more substantial, more reliable than what was built above them, rising up in the air. He felt - - -

Distress.

Obi-Wan's eyes opened to see his Master's surprised expression, deep blue eyes nearly black in the room's half-light.

A sense of falling, a cry of pain and shock, frightened and absolutely in the present.

They both leaped to their feet. Obi-Wan looked to either side, but his Master raced out the door, already focused on a direction. Obi-Wan hurried after him. Down a long corridor, left, right, right, down a very long stairway, through a storage room and into a small, dimly lit room. They passed other Jedi in doorways, clearly alerted that something was wrong, but unsure about where to go.

Qui-Gon stood in the room, ceiling a finger-length above the top of his head. He turned around, long hair falling down over his shoulders, robe nearly black in the gloom, his bearded face rigid, his eyes focused everywhere.

Obi-Wan jumped back when his Master dove down toward a wall, hand and the Force outstretched. A panel, nearly invisible on the dingy dark gray walls, slid aside with a grinding noise of disuse. Other Jedi who had followed them filled the doorway, blocking the light. Qui-Gon dove forward, into the opening. Obi-Wan followed.

They descended more stairs, only the light from behind and a yellow glow through an opening at the bottom guiding them.

Three Jedi Padawans jumped and gasped when Qui-Gon burst into the small circular room of primitive stone walls and a vaulted ceiling.

There was a hole in the center of

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved your story=D= all your stories are good. And this was a great response to the MMM.

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Very sweet. I love the repetition of 'Timi's gone down the well!'. [face_laugh] And how the impatience of the other Jedi ties up to Obi-Wan's own impatience with his Master. You have a great way of describing Obi-Wan's flaws and how both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan handle them. Lovely mush!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was perfect! :D

=D=

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL! I love the fun title, and how beyond all of that is a real lesson that Obi-Wan learned. Great job!!

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was very sweet.

Poor little Timi! Having to learn the hard way is never fun

Glad to see Obi learned as well.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    a beautiful story! My first venture into Before...but a beautiful moment!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

8. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Poor Timi. Doesn't he know that curiosity killed the cat? [face_shame_on_you] :D Very good story, as usual. I always enjoy reading what you write.

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    A lovely lesson in patience, some Padawan's have
    it while others do not.o_O

great.=D=

10. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Ahh, lovely. Classical Ardavenport!

11. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Beautiful, as always!!! =D=

Loved how Timi's plight/the action was embedded within Obi-Wan's question and his finding the answer.

[face_laugh] And how the Jedi were curious as anyone else would have been and came 'sightseeing'

12. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    The title made me laugh, and I couldn?t imagine what we were in for, but I loved it especially the ending.

Great job.

13. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I was so happy to see another wonderful story from you, ardavenport! :D

"What were they looking for?"

Qui-Gon's smile broadened.

"They wanted to discover why the Jedi Temple is so much stronger in the Force than other places." Qui-Gon paused, obviously enjoying the look of surprise on his apprentice's face. "And they were unsatisfied with meditating with their Masters about the issue."

Obi-Wan's mouth opened, but nothing came out. Qui-Gon seemed to enjoy that, too.
    [face_laugh]

Wonderful, as always! =D= @};-

14. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Just found this, and it certainly deserves to go to the top again. I love the subtle mush and the wisdom of allowing some questions to remain unanswered, especially when there's nothing you can do about it. I'm reminded of the church that split apart over the question of whether or not Adam and Eve had navels. An interesting question, but not very important in the scheme of things.

Great job!

15. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank-you very much. I'm going to try to be more timely with replies. I let them all go a bit long this time.

LuvEwan: Obi-Wan is impatient, but not too recklessly impatient. Not so much that he'd go exploring down a deep unknown hole. Timi did that and I could contrast that brand of impatience with Obi-Wan's. Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR64: Thank-you!

ginchy: Thanks! The title says it all, that Timi, presumably someone cute and cuddly with a name like that, has to be rescued. I originally wanted Obi-Wan in the well. What could be mushier than rescuing Obi-Wan from a well? But he wouldn't go in, so it had to be Timi.

KELIA: Aaaaah, I think Obi-Wan is a faster learner than Timi, even though Timi is older. Thanks for reading!

Irish_Jedi_Jade: Thank-you! Do come back for more Before; it's a lovely time of the Saga. :)

Master_Tigris_Leigh: Thank-you! Well, I think Timi probably has nine lives. ;) And a patient master.

Gkilkenny: Yes, Timi should get advice from Obi-Wan about patience. ;) Thanks for the reply!

Ara-gon: Thank-you!

Seremela: Well, I don't know if Obi-Wan's question was really answered, other than the discovery that the question doesn't really have an answer, which was the important thing for Obi-Wan to learn. Thanks for the reply!

azizah: Thanks for reading! The title captures the essential action of the story, except that Qui-Gon rescues Timi instead of Lassie (for those who remember that old TV shwo).

Bastet: Thanks! :)

p_stotts: Thank-you! I think Jedi must have questions like this, like where the Force is and why is it stronger here or that (and like why a place on Dagobah would be strong in the dark side of the Force). And it would be a good learning experience for Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon teaching Obi-Wan can easily get mushy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.