main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Disturbia (JA: Obi, Qui, Xan, Zan Arbor)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by felixfelicius, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felixfelicius

felixfelicius Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2008
    Title: Disturbia
    Author: FelixFelicius
    Timeframe: (JA, AU, pre-TPM) Takes place sortly after "JA: The dangerous recsue." From then on, its AU.
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Tahl, Bant, Siri, Xanatos, Granta Omega, Jenna Zan Arbor.
    Genre: Angst/Drama/H/C + Major Obi/Qui AngstO:)
    Summary: Watching yourself commit crimes to terrible to think about sounds like a torture to horrible to inflict...but nothing is above Xanatos and his desire to get even with Qui-Gon and the rest of the Jedi, even if it means involving the innocent...and Jenna Zan Arbor.

You can find the "movie" trailer for this story here: [ http:// www . youtube . com/watch?v=QERLXCpYXX0 ]
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER ONE

Goodbye

He walked briskly, his steps echoing in the silence of the early morning. Though stoically calm on the outside, his inner thoughts were anything but. As he turned a corner, a bright ray of sunlight hit him full in the face. Immediately a frown appeared on his face. What right did the sun have to be shining on such a day as this?

As he walked on, the halls slowly began to fill as Master?s and Padawan?s alike rushed about eagerly starting their day. However, Qui-Gon Jinn wanted nothing more than ignore the happy excitement that buzzed through the air as they moved about, for today was?

He stopped.

The healer?s ward.

Though he had arrived at his destination, he couldn?t bring himself to move. Obi-Wan was mere feet away from him, but the thought of what the healers had told him kept him still.

?Qui-Gon, you better come here quick. It doesn?t look like he?ll hold on much longer??
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yoda always knew when death was visiting the temple. He hadn?t slept the previous night at all because of its presence. As a result, just like the many times before, he had spent the night thinking about deaths host. This time, it was only a padawan, just 15 years old.

Truth be told, this padawan had a special place in his heart. From the time this boy had entered the Temple, Yoda knew he had quite the future ahead of him. As such, he had kept a close watch on the boy?s progress throughout the years and in the process had become quite fond of him.

It was not only was his love for the boy that had kept him up for the past night though, but also a confusion he held. He had been so sure that the boy had a long future ahead of him; that he was going to be a central figure in the events of the future, not dead at 15. This more than anything else unsettled him, for in the past his feelings had never lead him astray.

The only answer he was able to get in his meditations was to trust in the force as he had always done.

Sighing at the thought Yoda picked himself up from off the floor and grabbed his cane. Death was knocking and soon, though he hated to admit it, Obi-Wan might just answer?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the minutes that had passed since his arrival in the healer?s ward, Qui-Gon had finally managed to make it to Obi-Wan?s door, but no further. Upon reaching his current position, he had barely raised his hand to open the door, before hearing someone on the other side let out a huge sob. He had then promptly dropped his hand and froze.

?Obi-Wan, Why?? a small salmon colored girl whispered, tears running down her face. While there was a sadness to her plea, there also was hurt and anger.

?How could you do this to me?!? she burst out. "I want answers!"

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Intriguing I don?t know what to think.[face_thinking] I?ll have to read more.
    First I hate it when Obi-Wan dies.[face_shame_on_you]

But in your summary you say Obi-Wan goes from an insecure approval seeking teenager to a hardened determined man.o_O

So I guess he?s not really dead:D

I sincerely hope not.:_|

Welcome to the boards.[:D]

3. sigrida

sigrida Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2008
    I love that`s so intriguing, hopefully Obi-wan will be alive in the end :) but even if he will stay dead, the Qui-gon`s journey to find out what happened to Obi-wan is bound to be very interesting. Thank`s for writing : )

4. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :eek: ARGH, what happened???? Obi-Wan dead? While Qui-Gon was on a mission?

Very intriguing - and hopefully things are not what they seem. I'm hooked.

5. padawan_learner86

padawan_learner86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    Nice style! It keeps us hooked, wanting to find the answers as much as Qui-Gon does. ;)

6. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ack! [face_hypnotized] I'm hooked already! Because now I need answers!!!

First and most important question: Is poor, dear Obi-Wan really dead? [face_worried] :_|

And why does everyone think he's a criminal? And what killed him? And what did those dreams mean? And the list goes on...

I'm looking forward to more of this! :D I like your writing style, easy to read and not too wordy. And welcome to the boards! :D

7. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Excellent fic,

Please PM me when you update.

EG

8. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    Thanks for all the comments! I really appreciate them :) Here's the next chapter...Enjoy!!![face_dancing]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 2 An honest mistake

1 WEEK LATER (6 MONTHS BEFORE)

His master was leaving today. And he couldn?t do anything to stop it.

You could always tell him why you feel this way

Obi-Wan ignored the annoying thought and went on with his preparations. If his master was leaving and something was going to happen then he was going to make their last time together a pleasant memory.

Your being over dramatic Kenobi

Rolling his eyes, he silently agreed with the thought. Chances were, that nothing would happen And his master would be back fairly quickly. He was imagining things.

Yup, that was all it was.

But somehow he still couldn?t manage to make himself completely believe that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Qui-Gon stepped out the bathroom after a refreshing shower, a tantalizing smell caught his attention. Walking out into the kitchen area, he was surprised to see his stubborn padawan putting the final touches on what looked like a delicious meal.

?Obi-Wan??

?Good Evening Master? he replied casually, talking a seat.

?Why?? Qui-Gon said taking the opposite seat.

?Well you?re leaving tonight and I thought it would be nice to have dinner together? Obi-Wan shrugged.

?I?ll admit this is nice, but-?

?I know what you?re going to say? Obi-Wan said. ?But can?t we just enjoy this??

At Obi-Wan?s hesitant smile, Qui-Gon nodded and dug into his meal.

As the minutes passed, Qui-Gon watched his apprentice as he ate. Ever since he had been chosen for this mission, he hadn?t had much time for Obi-Wan, and now he saw that was a mistake. Something was obviously bothering his padawan, but surly it couldn?t be that he wasn?t chosen to accompany him?

?Obi-Wan-?

?Master? Obi-Wan said shaking his head.

?I know, but just let me say this? he continued on. ?Just because you aren?t going with me doesn?t mean you?re not a good enough Jedi?

Qui-Gon was expecting many reactions from his young padawan, but not confusion.

?Master, that?s what you think is bothering me??

?Is it?? Qui-Gon Probed.

Obi-Wan shook his head, refusing to say anything.

?Please Obi-Wan? Qui-Gon urged, ?Tell me what?s wrong. I can help you?

?You want to help me?? Obi-Wan said looking directly at Qui-Gon, ?Then don?t go on that mission?

? Obi-Wan-?

?Don?t you trust me??

Caught off guard, Qui-Gon took a moment to reply, but it wasn?t soon enough for Obi-Wan.

?I thought that with all we?ve been through, you would at least say it even if you didn?t really mean it? Obi-Wan stood up and took his plate to the sink.

?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said standing up and following him ?Of course I trust you, but?

?There?s always a but? Obi-Wan said rolling his eyes.

?Is there more to his than what you telling me?? Qui-Gon asked.

Obi-Wan turned from the sink, ?I guess you only see what you want yourself to see?

He then swept from the kitchen and went to his room, closing the door, softly.

Qui-Gon could only stare at the space where Obi-Wan had been and wonder what had just happened.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

An Hour had passed. Now he was standing on a platform waiting for an air taxi to come and take him to the other side of Coruscant. He was being sent off by a lone council member; Master Yoda.

Absent from the scene was his Padawan. Obi-Wan had stubbornly refused to open his door and shouted at Qui-Gon to leave already, and so leave he did. But it broke his heart to leave with such words having been said between them.

?Troubled you are? Yoda stated simply.

Qui-Gon nodded.

?Me and Obi-Wan said some things and?? He left the sentence unfinished as he looked down at his feet.

?Well then, complete this mission quickly, you must, so come back and resolve this you can? Yoda Replied.

At

9. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    This part confused me at first, so I went back to the first one and saw I had overlooked something there, or more to the point had dismissed it as something not yet relevant - namely that Obi-Wan had been missing. And Qui-Gon searched for him (with Tahl it seems), but found a different Obi-Wan.

An Obi-Wan so different that it makes him think of Xanatos and turning..... [face_worried]

Now this part shows us something/someone is trying to take over Obi-Wan!:eek: And it seems to have been going on for some time now, at least that's what Obi-Wan's thoughts after Qui-Gon leaves for his mission, plus what he's thinking after he nearly kills Bant, tell me. I wish he *had* told Qui-Gon! Things might have gone better then :(

But it's really bad that he was taken just when he decided to finally go and tell someone :_|

That last part is one evil cliffhanger! Obi-Wan not dead when even the healers and Qui-Gon were sure he was. And then that force speed running which, judging by Tahl's reaction, was unbelievably fast even for a Jedi... Where, oh where is he going? Will he dissapear again?

You spin a great tale of mysteries here!

10. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    Let the mysteries continue!!! :cool:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 To where you are

PRESENT

What was he doing here?

Qui-Gon was listlessly walking the streets of Harnaidan, the biggest city on Muunilinst. As he walked, countless Muuns passed him by, Gaunt faces and all. Walking in a crowd of them, made him look short, even when he was considered to be quite tall for a human.

Up above, the clouds continued to gather, blocking out the sun with the threat of rain as they had been doing since his arrival.

Walking on, he let his feet carry him to where ever they would go as he let his thoughts wander over the events of the past few months.

He had so many unanswered questions; Questions that would remain that way now that Obi-Wan was gone. Why had the force let his happen? Why had it taken Obi-Wan from him? And in such a manner? Why?

The only thought that consoled him was that Obi-Wan was in a better place now.

Before he knew it, he had reached the end of the city. Ahead of him, was a path that lead into a surrounding forest. Muunilinst was well known for its natural beauties.

Leaving the city behind, Qui-Gon continued on and followed the path. Minutes became hours as Qui-Gon followed the path which apparently traced the path of the wandering creek right next to it. Qui-Gon had to admit that this was the calmest he had felt in a long time. Nature seemed to have that effect on him.

Up ahead, Qui-Gon could hear the tell tale sounds of a water fall. And sure enough, as he wandered off the path and ducked through the trees, he found that the ground gave way to a substantial drop, where the creek he had been following emptied into the pool of water far below. Though quite beautiful in and of itself, the creek wasn?t the only contributor of water. Directly across from him several hundred feet away and continuing in a circle, several streams came together to form one shear flowing drape of water (i.e. Think Niagara Falls).

He felt the living force so strong here. Sitting down where he was, Qui-Gon drank in the sight and let it drown him in its splendor.

It was then that he felt a pang in his heart.

Oh how he wished Obi-Wan was right beside him, smiling in that impish way, enjoying the sight too.

If only...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hours of time in hyperspace, Tahl was glad to finally be able to set foot on ground. Though she didn?t mind space travel and had withstood much more than this relatively short ride, she wanted to find Qui-Gon as soon as possible.

It was raining now, though that didn?t stop the inhabitants of the city from continuing there business outside. As Muunilinst was a center for financial wealth, nothing got in the way of making money. It was how they had amassed their wealth in the first place.

As Tahl and Bant made their way out of the spaceport and into the city, they raised their hoods in a futile effort to stave off the pouring rain.

Immediately she expanded her senses and, using the force, began to search for Qui-Gon?s presence. This was an easy solution that is, as long as Qui-Gon wasn?t shielding his presence. As Muuns weren?t known for their force ability and as such weren?t very force sensitive, this made Tahl?s search much easier.

After an hour of useless walking, Tahl was soaked and Qui-Gon was no where in sight. Beside her, Bant was soaking in the water, enjoying the luxury of water. Glad that her padawan was finding something to like about the situation, but frustrated over Qui-Gon?s missing presence, Tahl walked on. The city was a big place.

Racking her brain, Tahl searched her memory for anyplace on this planet that Qui-Gon might go. However, all the place?s she could think of, weren?t exactly places someone in Qui-Gon?s mental states would go to, at least she hoped so.

Of course, Qui-Gon might not even be here. The space port, in which they had searched earlier upon their arrival, didn?t hold the ship Qui-Gon had taken.

11. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    That's a very telling conversation between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon :eek:

I'm very glad that he's able to contact Qui-Gon, but he sure gives Qui-Gon a very hard choice to make [face_worried]

I love how you reveal things only a little at a time!!!!

12. sigrida

sigrida Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2008
    This story is getting better and better :) - although maybe you should let us (and Qui-gon) wonder, if Obi-wan turned or not little longer.
    Good luck in writing (and everything other, of course :)

13. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    Seremela: Got to keep up interest somehow ;)

Sigrida : Thanks! [:D] Now the big mystery is what happened to make Qui-Gon believe that Obi-Wan would capable of turning in the first place? Hmmmmmm...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4 Into the ocean

5 ½ MONTHS before

When Obi-Wan woke up, he was surprised to find himself in a very well furnished room. Beneath him was the most comfortable bed he had ever been in. Covering him were some of the softest blankets he had ever had the pleasure of touching and on the ornate night stand beside him, laid a tray filled with a large variety of breakfast foods.

One look out the window, told Obi-Wan that he was in space; hyperspace to be precise. Pulling off the covers and sitting on the edge of the bed, soft slippers met his feet. He stood up and walked over to the window.

This was definitely confusing. Who had taken him? And why?

They couldn?t be friendly, could they? They had after all chased him down, sent a dart into his neck, and taken him from the Temple. What then? Who had taken him?

?I hope you like the accommodations? Came a voice behind him.

Turning around, Obi-Wan?s eyes narrowed.

?Xanatos?

?You remember?! Great! That makes it so much easier? Xanatos said, with fake enthusiasm. ?I thought I was going to have to remind you of the terrible things your Master has done, and all that horrible business? He walked over to the tray of food and picked up a piece of fruit. ?I?ve always had a thing for muja fruit? He then ate the fruit.

Obi-Wan remained silent.

?What, no words of defiance? No threats of your dear master coming to save you?? Xanatos pulled out a lightsaber from his belt. It was Obi-Wan?s. Then using the lightsaber to emphasize his words he continued. ?Cause I doubt that will be the case?

Inside Obi-Wan was cringing. How could he have forgotten to check himself for his lightsaber when he woke?

?The silent type? He smiled. ?They?re always the dangerous ones. I should know being one?

He took another fruit. ?You really should eat this. Its quite good? Obi-Wan looked mistrustfully at the food. ?I haven?t poisoned it, I?m eating it for force sakes!? he sighed dramatically.

?As fun as this has been, I really have other things to do, so if you don?t mind?? he paused looking at Obi-Wan for an answer. ?Wonderful, I?ll check on you later? He made to leave the room but turned around one last time. ?I expect that tray to be empty when I come back. I don?t want my investment decreasing his value on me? and then with a cocky smile, he was gone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

PRESENT

?Took you long enough? Tahl remarked, when Qui-Gon finally showed up.

Shock took over Qui-Gon?s face only to be replaced with anger seconds later.

?What are you doing here?? He said annoyed. ?I told you I was leaving, you can?t change my mind? He made to pass her by on his way to the ship, but, reaching out, she grabbed his arm and stopped him.

?I?m not here about that? Tahl said somberly. ?It?s about Obi-Wan. You have to come back?

Qui-Gon ignored her and began to prepare his ship for take off.

Pushing on, Tahl continued, ?He?s gone? She stated simply.

Qui-gon turned his back on her.

At this Tahl crossed her arms angrily. ?Don?t you care?!?

Qui-Gon turned around glared at her.

?You didn?t have to come here? He said.

?Qui-gon, Obi-Wans alive! Don?t you want to find him?

?I already know where he is? Qui-Gon said quietly.

Tahl was speechless, ?How??

Qui-Gon?s anger faded away at the concerned look on his friends face. ?He came to me?

?Sure looks like it? Tahl said. Suddenly a low pinging noise could be heard. Reaching down to her belt, Tahl pulled off her comlink.

Turning away, she answered it.

?Master Yoda??

?Look to the Holonet you must.? He said getting right to business. ?Grave news it is?

?Of course?

?Found Qui-Gon have you??

?Yes Master I have?

?Then return quickly you must?

?Yes Ma

14. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    CHAPTER 5 No cars go

5 ½ MONTHS BEFORE

She was lifelessly unmoving as she stared at the sky above, while at the bottom of one of the larger fountains in the room of a thousand fountains. The view from underwater was one of her favorites and at times like this was especially calming.

The way Obi-Wan had attacked her, to the point of almost killing her?to know he had such power?it scared her. After the fight she had gone straight to her master, tears and all, and had a conversation she would never forget.

?Bant?!? Tahl had said when she had first caught sight of her, a sobbing mess. ?What happened?!?

Immediately, she collapsed into Tahl?s arms and together the two sank to the floor. Bant was clinging to her master like there was no tomorrow. For minutes she just sobbed into Tahls arms. Then...

?It was Obi-Wan Master? She paused, not wanting to admit it. ?He almost killed me with his lightsaber? A shocked silence met her confession.

?He what?? Tahl held her at arms length staring her directly in the eyes.

?I was practicing with my lightsaber in the training rooms, when Obi-Wan came and went all freaky and before I knew it, his lightsaber was at my neck and-? Tahl silenced her.

?Where is he now, Bant?? She has a sense of ergentcy in her voice.

?I left him there-?

?Was there anyone else in the training rooms?? Tahl asked

?No?

?Are you sure he really meant to kill you??Tahl asked seriously, ?Are you sure this wasn?t just the two of you getting caught up in the heat of a sparing match between two friends??

Bant spoke solemly

?I am sure of it master? Bant blinked away new tears as they began to fall again, ?There was a darkness in that room that wasn?t there before he came in?

Tahl nodded and hugged Bant close to her. Then she stood up, talking Bants hand in her own, as she lead her out of their Quarters.

Together they had gone to Yoda and recounted Bant's harrowing tale. Yoda then had roused the rest of the council members from their slumber and began the search and apprehension of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

That had been last night. It was now morning. The council members still had yet to find any trace of Obi-Wan.

The anxiety over her perpetrator still being loose had been clear on Bant's face as the hours passed. So clear, that her master had ordered her to go swimming. Though she had faught hard against the suggestion, citing the ever present danger of Obi-Wan, her master had countered her arguments by sending a council member to watch over her. She couldn?t say anything more after that.

So now here she was, drifting in the water, letting it take her where ever it would in this limited space. Water was like a drug to her, and as such she was at her happiest when surrounded by it. After the fight with Obi-Wan, this what she needed the most.

That experience has been?well, terrifying. She had always known Obi-Wan was a fighter, but to actually see him use his abilities against her? It made her see him in a new light: as someone not to be messed with.

Looking ahead at the watery sky, Bant cleared these worrisome thoughts from her head and simply drifted. It was then that a shadowy figure appeared at the edge of fountain and waved at her.

Obi-Wan.

Now what? She knew she wanted to talk to him to find out what had happened, but this?this was too soon. Swimming up to the opposite side of the fountain from the shadow, Bant quietly poked her head above the water, treading water.

She was surprised though to find that it wasn?t Obi-Wan, but instead his Master.

?Ma-Master Jinn? She weakly stuttered, glad to be in the masters presence rather than his padawans.

?Bant? He noded respectfully.

?They council called you back?? She asked.

Qui-Gon nodded.

?I?m sorry? she quietly said.

?Its not your fault? He replyed kindly.

Bant sighed and looked down.

?Have they found him yet?? She quietly asked.

Qui-Gon shook his head and looked down. Then he walked around the waters edge to where Bant was treading water and took a seat on the ledge.

?Is it tr

15. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    CHAPTER 6 Fragile

PRESENT

?I knew this was all too easy? Qui-Gon said.

?Right in one, Master Jinn, right in one? Xanatos said, walking over to the blaster burns in the wall. ?He?s very efficient you know? Xanatos remarked. ?You should be proud?.

?Proud of what you?ve done?!? Qui-Gon said angrily.

?Do you think so low of him that he couldn?t be capable of doing this?? Xanatos said gesturing to the blaster riddled walls. ?He always been this talented, I just had to free him from his bindings and set him lose? Xanatos smiled ?Not only that but this time he came to me?.

?Your wrong!? Bant said stepping forward. ?He would never join you!?

Xanatos smirked.

?Hey,? he said, raising his hands ?your words not mine?.

?What?s that supposed to mean?? Tahl asked.

?What does it matter?? He smiled, ?Soon you?ll be dead anyway.?

Suddenly he shouted. ?Padawan!?

The door opened. ?Yes Master??

It was none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi, alive, healthy, and, judging by the lightsaber in his hands, ready to fight.

?Kill them?

?Yes Master? With a maniac gleam in his eyes, Obi-Wan turned to the three Jedi and ignited his lightsaber.

?Prepare to die?

A smirking Xanatos waved at Qui-Gon then left the room, practically skipping.

?Obi-Wan? Qui-Gon said.

Obi-Wan replied by swinging his lightsaber down directly in front of him and slicing the desk in front of the trio in half.

?I don?t think he wants to talk with us? Tahl whispered. ?You really have some explaining to do, you know?

Kicking the broken desk out of the way, not bothering to walk around it, Ob

i-Wan raised his lightsaber against Qui-Gon.

At the last possible moment, Qui-Gon lit his weapon and blocked the blow.

?Obi-Wan, you don?t have to do this? He said.

?My Master asked me to? Obi-Wan replied with a slight smile.

?Obi-Wan, I am your master? Qui-Gon said.

Bant made her presence known ?What about the senators?? Bant said. ?Did you do that because your ?master? asked you to??.

Before anyone could blink, Obi-Wan was in her face, lightsaber at her neck.

?Now you get the idea? he answered.

Gasping, Tahl raised her hands and sent a powerful force push towards Obi-Wan. However, rather than knock him clear into the wall as it was supposed to, it only made him look at Tahl in annoyance.

?You Jedi really are pathetic? Leaving Bant, Obi-Wan jumped at Tahl and of it wasn?t for Qui-Gon?s saving block, she would have found herself in two neat pieces lying on the floor.

?I don?t know what he did to you Obi-Wan but you have to resist it? Qui-Gon pleaded.

?Wouldn?t you like to know, though? Then with that he launched into a lightening quick series of thrusts and blows, with Qui-Gon only barley managing to keep up. Moving into the open area on the other side of the broken desk, the two Jedi fought, though it was obvious who had the upper hand.

Tahl watched in awe. She always knew Obi-Wan was good, but not this good.

Suddenly Qui-Gon was lying on the floor, breathing heavily, with a large wound across his left leg. Knowing that it was now or never, Tahl silently communicated with Bant. Obi-Wan was standing directly in front of the window. As she was doing this, though, Obi-Wan looked at her as if he knew what she was doing and raised his hand towards her.

?Now!? Suddenly, the window broke into pieces as Obi-Wan was pushed out of it. Running to the window, not caring about the sharp edges, Bant watched as Obi-Wan fell out of sight.

?Qui-Gon!? Tahl ran to his side and looked at the wound. It was pretty deep. ?We better get back to the temple?

Qui-Gon nodded.

?Bant, come help me? Turning away from the window, she came to Tahl?s side and helped Qui-Gon to get up.

Leaving the disaster that the office had become, the trio slowly made their way back to the Temple.

?Stopped he must be? Yoda said gravely. They were now in the healer?s ward, Qui-Gon laying in bad, his leg bandaged, with the other Jedi surrounding h

16. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    I really enjoyed writing this chapter, enjoy!

Chapter 7 Diem ex dei

5 MONTHS BEFORE

As usual the sea that was the force was a calming influence, a warm soft blanket to stave off the worries of daily life. Today however was not a day for seeking comfort, but for seeking answers.

Concentrating on Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon delved deeper into the force.

Resigned to his coming torture, Obi-Wan hung his head low and fixed his eyes on the backs of Xanatos' shoes, his ears barely registering the echoing sound they left in their wake.

As Obi-Wan briefly looked up at his surroundings, he noticed, faintly surprised, that they were not going to the usual room. Obi-Wan kept his surprise to himself, as the fear in his heart began to grow along with its racing.

The pair then turned a corner. At the end of the hall was a solitary door. It looked innocent enough, as innocent as any door could manage to look.

Soundlessly the door slid open. Though Obi-Wan?s face was devoid of emotion, his mind was conjuring up a multitude of horrendous possibilities for torture that could lay behind that innocent door.

However gruesome the image his mind had imagined, the reality was even more terrifying in its simplicity. The lone occupant of the room was a single steel chair; the room painted a sterile white.

Xanatos stepped aside and roughly grabbed Obi-Wan from behind him. Pushing him through the portal, he ordered
    him to take a seat.

Obi-Wan stumbled as walked up to the chair and quickly inspected it. For all intents and purposes it looked to be a simple steel chair, armrests and all. Hesitantly, Obi-Wan sat in it.

When he looked up, Xanatos was nowhere to be seen; the door had shut seamlessly. He was alone.

Suddenly, metal bindings sprung from the armrests and chair legs, effectively banning Obi-Wan from movement.

Then the lights went off.

And that?s when the torture began.

It hit him at every angle, intense in nature and pure in feeling.

But the emotion was one he feared.

Hate.

He never would have thought that his Obi-Wan was capable of such an emotion, so deeply felt.

There were brief flashes of images. Some Qui-Gon knew, others he did not.

But the main thought stringing all these images together was that of hate. Hate for life, hate for happiness, and hate for anything good.

There was only type of being that Qui-Gon could think of that would think that way.

A Sith.

The thought sent Qui-Gon to the very depths of misery he had barely managed to climb out of from when Xanatos had turned.

He had failed.

He had failed as a master.

How could he be a master with two failed apprenticeships. What were the chances of this happening? It had to be that he was a bad master. A master who pushed his Padawans to the dark side. Either that or all people were inherently evil.

He?d pick the first one, though hard to admit. He had seen too much good in the galaxy for the second to be true.

What would he do now?

How could he fix this?

Should he even try?

His efforts to find Xanatos had always failed. With his luck, Obi-Wan would be even harder to find.

Loath as he was to admit it, though Xanatos had been a very talented Padawan, Obi-Wan was so much more; his skills with a lightsaber were magnificent, a sight to behold, judging by the video of his attack on Bant. In addition, Obi-Wan had brains; he would not make the same mistakes Xanatos had.

So what should he do?

The force held no answers for him, almost as if it were sneering at him for his line of thought.

How could he so easily dismiss his Padawan? His son?

He had always been the type of person to judge the heart first before actions. It was something that had annoyed Obi-Wan to no end.

Was he being fair to Obi-Wan accusing him of turning to the darkside without Obi-wan being there in person to defend or confirm it?

Shou

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Doesn't look good for Obi-Wan.
    No wonder he wants Qui-Gon to kill his body.:_|
    He wants to die to be free.[face_shame_on_you]

18. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    Get ready for obi-angst galore in this chapter :p
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 8 Going Under

PRESENT

"Nothing new?" he asked pacing back and forth.

"Nothing" She replied.

"Surely-"

"No, Qui-Gon" Tahl said looking up from her data screen, "We've got nothing, and until we do, we will still have nothing, so keep searching" she looked back to her screen. "And stop asking, like an impatient child"

Letting out a sigh, Qui-Gon stopped and returned to his seat. Ever since he had been released from the healers, he had been an anxious wreck of a man. He wanted to do something...anything, just more than simply sifting through endless data looking for something that only when found would reveal itself.

Mindlessly he selected a file and read through it, but his heart wasn?t in it. He gave up.

"Tahl, I need a break"

Tahl rolled her eyes, "Get out of here already then", then seeming to regret her words, she sighed, "Qui-Gon, we'll find something, really we will, but it will take time...where's the patience that you're so famous for? huh?" She smiled.

Qui-Gon looked at her with shame in his eyes.

"Don't come back here until you've found it again" She turned back to her screen.

Taking that as his cue to leave, Qui-Gon left the archives and wandered down the hall. As he walked, images of his lost padawan drifted across his mind. Images of what the boy had become. It bothered Qui-Gon to no end that he couldn?t salvage some explanation for how the boy had ended up the way he had. He owed it to Obi-Wan to find out.

Qui-Gon sighed. He owed Obi-Wan so much more. He had wronged the boy infinitely and it only made him feel that much guiltier to know that even after everything, Obi-Wan still loved him as a father. What had he done to deserve such a loving and forgiving soul? Apparently it was his punishment to always wonder and grieve knowing the part he had played the loss of such a pure soul.

Only at the end, did he find out the truth of where his padawan's loyalties had laid; it was always with the light, never the dark. He was so foolish to had have ever doubted. Momentarily overwhelmed with bright sunlight, Qui-Gon stopped his musings and glanced out of the large windows beside him.

In front of him laid bare a magnificent sunset. Quietly the thoughts in his mind slipped away until his mind was blissfully blank. The next few moments served as a quiet respite from the torture that his life had become.

But as with all good things, they must come to an end. Without his permission a nagging thought came to the forefront of his mind. Annoyed Qui-Gon ignored it and pushed it away. But it came back with vengeance and the force was on its side.

Qui-Gon's eyes brows furrowed in deep resentment, but he turned away from the beautiful scene and obeyed the persistent thought.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Arriving at his destination, Qui-Gon paused. Was he ready for this?

The door slid open revealing the dark interior beyond. Taking a deep breath, Qui-Gon stepped in.

The door closed soundlessly behind him.

Minutes passed as he simply stood in the dark, not moving; barely breathing. It had been days since he last been here; and months since the room had held nothing but sorrow for him. Though hard to tell in the darkness, not an object was out of place in the room. It was like a museum at midnight.

Sighing, Qui-Gon finally made his move. He took a step forward. Even in the dark, he knew this place like the back of his worn hand.

When he stopped he was in front of another door. Tenderly, he reached out and palmed it open.

Momentarily breathless, he gazed into the room. The curtains were pulled aside and the luminous city lights filled the small room with an unearthly glow.

Reverently, he walked into the room, taking every detail. Smiling to himself, he noted that Obi-Wan had managed to keep his room clean for once.

But as he thought about that touching detail a little more, his brows furrowed. Since when had his Obi-Wan

19. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    CHAPTER 9 Over my head

PRESENT

...Why did I turn? Sure things were bad, but I would like to think that I would be the type of person to whether the storm...

...Oh, who am I kidding. If Qui-Gon grew to hate me enough to want to kill me, I would be crushed, more than that, I...guess I would...turn...

It looked as if Obi-Wan had done some thinking then returned to writing. Now the writing was much calmer looking.

...It's a good thing that these dreams aren't real, cause I would rather die than turn to the dark side...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    4 1/2 MONTHS BEFORE

"Get in there!"

Obi-Wan was forcefully pushed into the arena, landing on his knees with a painful grunt. Cautiously he looked up, his eyes searching for the next punch, the next push, the next set of viscous stinging words. But he was alone.

But that was not for long. The whooshing sound of a door being opened heralded the arrival his opponent. It was his master.

Just over a year ago, he had been in this very arena, fighting for the chance to be Qui-Gon's padawan. Now he was here to, presumably, fight for his life against the very man he had fought so hard to be associated with.

Out side of the arena, the gathered spectators, were silent with anticipation.

A sniff of disdain was heard as Qui-Gon surveyed Obi-Wan and how the boy was taking his surroundings.

"They all want you to die, Obi-Wan", he taunted, "And I intend to grant them that wish"

He started circling Obi-Wan like a predator playing with its prey.

"You have made me the laughing stock of the Temple; I won't stand for it anymore", he smiled evilly. "As a matter of fact, I talked to the council about it, and they agreed with me"

"They told me I could deal with you as I wished" He ignited his lightsaber.

Obi-Wan recoiled at the sound, while the crowd roared in approval.

"Now how shall I do this?", Qui-Gon mused. "Shall I cut you half", he made a slicing motion with his lightsaber, "Or shall I dice you up, like so", he made choppy movement with his lightsaber, perilously close to Obi-Wan's emotionally vacant face.

"Or maybe," he paused, "I'll just draw it out, with a cut here, a burn there..."

Obi-Wan winced as the lightsaber caressed his arm.

"Can I help?"

Qui-Gon looked to the newcomer and smiled. "I suppose you can, but I want to be one to kill him"

Obi-Wan turned around and looked into the eyes of his former friend; she could no longer be counted as a current one.

Her eyes smoldered with hate and a lust for revenge.

He couldn't remember there ever being a reason for her to feel so much emotion toward him, though she did mention he had attacked her and almost killed her. But he couldn't remember such an attack. Why would he attack one of his best friends?

"Poor Obi-Wan" she tutted. Following Qui-Gon's lead, she ignited her lightsaber and lightly grazed his other other arm, reviling in the obvious pain it brought Obi-Wan.

By now the arena was filled to capacity. Not a sympathetic face was to be found as Obi-Wan looked into the faces surrounding him. What had happened to the Jedi? This was almost Sith like behavior.

He hissed in pain.

Qui-Gon smirked as he left a snaking line across the boys back. Bant giggled in pleasure at Obi-Wan's pain.

The crowd started chanting and chapping as one as slow but building anger began growing within Obi-Wan.

He hadn't done anything wrong!

If anything Qui-Gon was at fault for all of this.

"Oooooooh, he's getting angry" Bant said in a taunting voice.

"What have you got to be angry about?!" Qui-Gon shouted. "Your the one who's a failure!"

The crowed was deafening in its approval of Qui-Gon's words. Obi-Wan remained silent. It was obvious that anything he said would be turned against him, he was out numbered.

"Catch!" a voice shouted.

Obi-Wan looked towards the voice only to see an object coming his way. it was a lightsaber. catching it, Obi-Wan jumped up from his position on the floor, ignited the weapon and took a defensive stance agai

20. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008
    Sorry the last chapter was so confusing, but it will make sense eventually, I promise! (at least I hope so :~P)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CHAPTER 10 Exit

PRESENT

...I'm a killer...
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    THREE MONTHS BEFORE

He had always been told that there were only ever two Sith in exsistance at time; a master, and an apprentice. but once He and Xanatos had finally got to the gathering, he had found that that was not the case. Either the Jedi had been over confident in their knowledge of the Sith or the current situation was so dire that the Sith now had a sufficient enough cause to bring them together.

Whatever the cause, Obi-Wan was glad to be a part of this group. He had found his 'home', and though he never would have though it possible in such a place, a 'family'. Everything he had been taught in the Temple was now being turned upside down. Who knew the Sith could be caring and sensitive?

"You're thinking of them, aren't you?" Xanatos asked. The two were sitting under a blossoming tree eating lunch. The sky above them was a bright blue and the Sun ever so shining.

Obi-Wan looked down.

"Don't dwell on such thoughts" Xanatos admonished. "Soon enough you, and everyone here" Xanatos gestured around them, "will be able to go and make things right"

Obi-Wan looked up at Xanatos. "What then?" he asked. "Will we be enemies again?" In their short time together, he had grown close to Xanatos and the friendship he had offered. After all, Xanatos had saved him from death.

"It doesn't have to be that way" Xanatos replied. "Come on," he said with a smile, "It's to beautiful a day for such depressing thoughts"

"You're right" Obi-Wan said, biting into his sandwich.

Minutes passed. Only the sound of bird chirping could be hear as the two ate in companionable silence.

"Hey Obi-Wan!"

Obi-Wan sighed as he swallowed his last bite.

"You done yet?" An out of breath boy about Obi-Wan age stopped to gather his breath in front of Obi-Wan.

Smiling at the boy exuberance, Obi-Wan replied, "I am now"

Perking up, the boy reached down to Obi-Wan and pulled him up.

"Lets go then!"

Obi-Wan looked to Xanatos.

"I'll still be here when you're done" he said rolling his eyes, good naturedly.

Obi-Wan smiled and followed the energetic boy.

Minutes later, the two were entering a large bight building. Inside, other similarly aged young men and women were gathered. Obi-Wan knew them all, and greeted them as they passed through.

Suddenly a hush passed through the crowd.

Obi-Wan smiled as he saw who had just walked into the room.

A tall figure draped in black slowly walked to the front of the room. The light dimmed as the figure turned to face the group. slowly the figure removed the shroud of darkness covering their face, revealing a pale man with gleaming black eyes, chiseled cheek bones, and a strong chin. He radiated confidence and a deep breath, the man began to speak, his low voice reaching the very edges of the large room.

"You have all proven yourselves to be the most courageous, the most ambitious, and above all, the most powerful" he purred. "Its time to move on to the final stage of your training"

The room was now filled with an overwhelming sense of anticipation.

"This will the hardest task you have ever faced in your young lives" he continued, "It will take months to fully complete" he spoke slowly, letting every word sink in, "But once you are done, no Jedi shall be able to overcome you, you will be finally able to enact the change you so desire"

Obi-Wan looked to his friend and shared an excited smile.

At this moment, another person entered the room. It was a woman.

She was rather short and had short shaggy black hair. she was very fit and walked with purpose. When she faced the group, she fiercely looked into the eyes of every person with her intense golden eyes, as if testing their commitment. She wore a red strapless corset and matching red pants and combat boots. finishing off the o

21. felixfelicius

Oct 1, 2008

CHAPTER 11

Before the dawn

?Good Evening Master? he said causally, taking a seat at the table.

?Why?? Qui-Gon said taking the opposite seat, gesturing to the two plates of food sitting on the table.

?Well you?re leaving tonight and I thought it would be nice to have dinner together? Obi-Wan shrugged.

With a hesitant smile on both sides, the two dug in hungrily to the food.

The scene changed.

?I miss you so much? Qui-Gon said.

Obi-Wan sighed ?clearly?, he said pointedly looking around him.

Qui-Gon grimaced. ?I didn?t know what else to do with myself after you?? he let the sentence trail off.

?Ran off?? Obi-wan continued.

Qui-Gon raised his eye brows.

At this Obi-wan crossed his arms, ?Look Master, I?m not dead?

?But then how-? he stuttered.

?Let me just say I have a good grip on the force right now? he said not looking to happy about it,

?Why are you here then??

?Well someone had to tell you to get on with your life? Obi-Wan replied.

Qui-Gon frowned. ?But if you?re still alive??

?It?s no use Master? At this Obi-Wan looked pained. ?Though the force is strong in me, it is stronger in my body, I cannot over power it?

He watched as Qui-Gon face crumpled in grief.

?You must kill my body?

?No? Qui-Gon replied. ?There has to be a way?

Obi-Wan shook his head as he began to fade away.

?Obi-Wan!? Qui-Gon yelled reaching out at the space Obi-wan had been in.

?I will not kill you!? he yelled.

I will always love you Master

He bolted up in his bed.

He had loved Qui-Gon? The man who had hurt him so much? What was this?

Throwing his feet over the side of his bed, he let his head fall into his hands as he worked furiously to comprehend what he had just seen.

Was this a memory? Or a dream?

In the dark days when he had been at the Jedi temple his heart had always longed for what he had seen in these dreams; for lack of a better term. But he had never been granted his wish. He had been forced to eat his meager rations in the darkness of his room. He been forced to endure looks of hate rather than the looks of concern and care that he had seen in his dreams.

So were these dreams just a manifestation of what his heart of longed for? Or were they more?

Shaking his head, he stood up and moved to his small view port. He then looked to the stars to see what answers they could give.

The light was fading from the sky as Obi-Wan continued to stare out side his view port. They were now approaching the grandeur that was Coruscant. The light was barley starting to fade from the sky.

His emotions were a mixed bag of confusion right now. While he felt anger at what the Jedi had done, what Qui-Gon had done to him; at the same time, he felt doubt seeping through. The dreams had moved him to reconsider everything he had been through. If there was a chance that Qui-Gon was not the hard cruel man he thought he was, then there was a chance that the torture he had faced at the mans hand, wasn?t real.

"You ready?" a voice spoke from behind.

Turning around, Obi-Wan saw it was Xanatos.

He didn?t answer.

A calculating look came across Xanatos' face, "What's going on?"

He sat down on the bed.

"I have a bad feeling about this" Obi-Wan said, "Something is wrong here"

Obi-Wan couldn't help but notice the way Xanatos clenched his fists together at his words.

"Don't be going Jedi on me Obi-Wan," Xanatos said with a weak smile, his attempt at humor failing miserably at his suddenly uneasy appearance.

Obi-Wan cocked his head, "Who said anything about the Jedi?"

"No one" he said regaining his characteristic non-chalant attitude, "You just seem to be going soft at a critical time" there was an edge to his voice that Obi-Wan had only heard when Xanatos talked about their old master Qui-Gon.

"Remember what Qui-Gon has done to you" Xanatos said standing up, "Think of tha

22. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    So once again Xanatos is out to get his Master and he's using Obi-Wan to do it.[face_shame_on_you]
    I wonder who the other man is.[face_thinking]
    I hope Obi-Wan survives all of this[face_praying]

Waiting for the next part.=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.