main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lost In Darkness (ROTS AU, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Asajj Ventress, others)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lincoln_6_Echo, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    Hi there! Time to get back to posting here after a period of hiatus, during which I've writing stuff not suitable for this board. I finally found my OTP for Obi-Wan and this is the first story that features it. When I wrote this story, in early 2007, I was still learning about this character, but other, more complex works will follow.

TITLE: Lost In Darkness
    GENRE: general, angst, a bit of romance
    CHARACTERS: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin, others
    RATING: PG
    TIMEFRAME: ROTS AU. Short story (4 parts).
    SUMMARY: Three men (a Jedi Master, a Jedi Knight and a healer) have visions of Padme Amidala?s death. How will this change the fate of the galaxy?

PART1

?Anakin, help me! Help, Anakin! Anakin, I love you. I love you.?

Padme is lying on an operating table. She is screaming, her face contorted in pain. Medical droids surround her while two human doctors speak urgently to each other, their grim faces showing their desperation.

?We are losing her,? one says, shaking his head. ?The haemorrhage is too extensive.?

The monitor connected to Padme starts beeping frantically as one of the doctors shouts a series of orders. ?Her heart is failing! She is dying!??

Anakin Skywalker woke with a start, his bare chest covered by a cold sweat. Taking deep breaths, he looked at his side, where Padme was sleeping peacefully.

He slipped out from beneath the sheets and sat on the side of the bed, holding his head in his hands, trying to calm his hurried breath.

The dream had shaken him to his core. It was too detailed, too vivid to be just a nightmare. He raised his eyes to briefly look at the ceiling.

Please no, not another time, he pleaded, his eyes filling with tears as his memory returned to another dream like this?a dream he would never forget because in it, he had seen his Mother?s death.

Anakin stood upon shaking legs and after donning his sleep top, he left the bedroom and went to the open veranda, wishing to breathe some fresh air to clear his mind.

Coruscant stretched all around him, still smouldering from the recent Separatist attack. Anakin closed his eyes, but his meditation attempt was cut short when he heard steps coming closer.

Turning around he saw his wife descend the stairs and join him on the veranda. Padmé stopped by his side, and took his hand in her smaller one.

?What's bothering you?? she asked softly.

?Nothing . . .? Anakin answered, not wishing to upset her in her delicate condition. He forced a smile as he touched the japor snippet hanging from his wife?s neck. ?I remember when I gave this to you.?

Padme pursed her lips and murmured, ?Anakin, how long is it going to take for us to be honest with each other??

Anakin felt like cursing. Sometimes his Angel was too perceptive. Unwilling to upset her, he decided to tell her the truth, ?It was a dream.?

?Bad??

?Like the ones I used to have about my mother just before she died.?

?And?? Padme pressed him, her brown, determinate eyes never leaving his own.

?It was about you.? Anakin finally said, hoping she would not press for more details.

No such luck.

?Tell me,? Padme urged him, coming even closer.

?It was only a dream,? he insisted, but his wife?s eyes compelled him to tell her everything. ?You die in childbirth . . .?

?And the baby??

He shook his head. ?I don't know.?

?It was only a dream,? Padme forced a smile as Anakin took her in his arm, holding her as tightly as he could.

?I won't let this one become real, Padme,? he murmured fiercely in her hair. ?Nothing will happen to you or the child.? I promise.

Padme nodded, her chin rubbing against his chest as they both basked in the warmth and safety of their embrace.

§§§§§

?Anakin, help me! Help, Anakin!?

Senator Amidala is lying on an operating table. She is screaming, her face contorted in pain. Medical droids surround her while two human doctors speak urgently to themselves, their grim faces showing their desperation.

?We are losing her,? one says, shaking his head. ?The

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, this looks like it's going to get really interesting. I love where this could go. If you decide to keep a PM list, I'd like to be added to it please. =D= :)

3. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Fantastic start!!

Please please PM me when you update.

EG

4. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Thank you! I'll certainly PM you when I update!

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I really enjoyed this, Lincoln. I like the twist of Obi-Wan leaving the Order early and, wow, being blind! What an original concept.

I also enjoyed how you have introduced a reformed Ventress as Obi-Wan's love. However, her anger seems to be simmering just below the surface.

Qui-Gon alive is cool, too. I was wondering why Qui-Gon wouldn't recognize Obi-Wan, but I guess 20 years can change a man's appearace.

Good start. Would you PM me with up dates?

6. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    thank you! I will PM you when next part is up!

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Great start=D= and I can't believe Asajj Ventress is his bond mate. Makes for an interesting story. I don't think I've ever read a story with Obi and Asajj as lovers.

You're setting the scene for a lot of strife for Obi-Wan and
    I'm going to love it.[face_love]

8. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006

Hi! I'm happy you like the little twist about Obi-Wan's life, Asajj included. I believe she is a very fascinating character, especially basing on what was written about her in the comics. They gave her an interesting past and her final scene with obi-Wan, just before her "death" is sooooo full of potential. And you are right, her anger is there. You will see more of it later.

As for Qui-Gon not recognizing Obi-Wan, this story, as you probably guesses from Asajj's comments about Obi-Wan havein been cast away from the Jedi, starts from the premise Qui-Gon did not take Obi-Wan as padawan. Hence Qui-Gon saw Obi-Wan only once or twice, from afar, and as a boy of 13. Now Obi-Wan is a man of 38...it is natural Qui-Gon cannot recognize him.

I will PM you when part 2 is up!

9. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Hi! Happy you like the twist of having Asajj as Obi-Wan's bondmate. I believe there is a lot of potential for this pairing, especially basing on how Asajj is potrayed in the comics. True, Asajj tortured Obi-Wan, but he is the kind of man that could overcome and forgive what was done to him. His desire to redeem her is always there, as is his convinction she is not really evil, just misguided. So, well, I've taken a liking for her and this is not the only story I wrote in which she will be paired with Obi-Wan. Two more complex, longer works will follow...in due time. :)

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - what a beginning

I'm glad to see Qui-Gon is still alive and well. I hope he's able to figure out Obi-Wan is the man in his vision. I think their reunion will be very interesting.

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around Asajj Ventress being...nice let alone happily in love with Obi-Wan.

Very interesting twist.

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

=D==D==D==D=

11. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Happy you like this! Yes, Qui-Gon's reunion with Obi-Wan will be interesting...;P

As for Asajj, as I said in other comments, I think there is a lot of potential in her once the cause of her rage and hate is eliminated/resolved. In the comics, there are moments when she looks very vulnerable and deeply feeling. She is not really evil...and Obi-Wan knows it. I like her very much, so much she is now my third favourite SW character, after Obi-Wan (OF COURSE!) and Anakin.

12. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Very interesting story with lots of new ideas. Please add me to any PM list that you create.

13. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006

Thank you! Happy you liked part 1. I will certainly add you to the PM list!

14. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    PART 2

Anakin landed his speeder near the main entrance of the Galaxy Opera House and jumped out of it. Then he ran up the red-carpet covered stairs, using his sharp reflexes to avoid the numerous people crowding the place.

The Chancellor?s invitation for that evening?s spectacle had been delivered during the morning, but worried as he had been for the new images he was seeing in his vision, Anakin had almost forgotten it.

Finally he reached the Chancellor?s private box, where Palpatine was sitting along Mas Amedda and Sly-Moore.

?Sorry for the delay, Chancellor,? Anakin said as a form of greeting.

Palpatine smiled at him. ?Don?t worry, Anakin. Come closer. I have good news. Our Clone Intelligence Units have discovered the location of General Grievous. He is hiding in the
    Utapau system.?

Anakin brightened a bit. Finally some good news. ?At last, we'll be able to capture that monster and end this war.?

Palpatine nodded. ?I would worry about the collective wisdom of the Council if they
    didn't select you for this assignment. You are the best choice by far-- but, they can't always be trusted to do the right thing.?

?They try.?

The Chancellor turned to face his aides then gestured toward the exit. ?Leave us,? he ordered, before indicating Anakin should sit at his side. Once they were alone, the older man leant over the Jedi and continued, ?Anakin, you know I'm not able to rely on the Jedi Council. If they haven't included you in their plot, they soon will.?

Anakin frowned. ?I'm not sure I understand.?

?You must sense what I have come to suspect-- the Jedi Council wants the control of the Republic. They're planning to betray me.?

?I don't think-?

Palpatine looked sorrowfully at Anakin. ?Search your feelings, son. You know, don't you??

Anakin pursed his lips, remembering the discussion he and Qui-Gon had had a few days before. ?I know they don't trust you,? he finally admitted.

?Or the Senate . . . or the Republic . . . or democracy for that matter.?

?I have to admit my trust in them has been shaken,? Anakin added, almost unwillingly.

?Why? They asked you to do something that made you feel dishonest, didn't they?? Palpatine asked gently.

The young Jedi did not say anything, and looked down at his hands.

?They asked you to spy on me, didn't they??

?I don't know ... I don't know what to say.? It was true. Anakin was confused as never before in his life. He trusted the Chancellor; he had been a friend and a mentor for most of his life. But he also trusted Qui-Gon, who had been like a father to him since he was a boy. His former teacher had never been in the Council?s graces, and yet he agreed with them about Palpatine. They all thought the Chancellor might be dangerous. Anakin did not know who he should believe or side with.

?Remember back to your early teachings, Anakin. ?All those who gain power are afraid to lose it.? Even the Jedi,? Palpatine said, interrupting his musings.

?The Jedi use their power for good.?

?Good is a point of view, Anakin. And the Jedi point of view is not the only valid one. The Dark Lords of the Sith believe in security and justice also, yet they are considered by the Jedi to be-?

?- evil.?

?-from a Jedi's point of view. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power. The difference between the two is the Sith are not afraid of the dark side of the Force.?

?The Sith rely on their passion for their strength. They think inward, only about themselves,? Anakin said, feeling compelled to defend the Jedi.

?And the Jedi don't??

?The Jedi are selfless, they only care about others,? Anakin almost growled, staring at the Chancellor with narrowed eyes.

Palpatine smiled. ?All right, all right, my boy. I didn?t mean to irritate you. So, let?s change topic. How is Senator Amidala doing??

Anakin?s face brightened a bit. ?She is doing well.?

?I see you are a bit more relaxed about this. Are you no longer plagued by that vision you told me about?? Palpatine asked, so

15. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    This is really interesting. It hadn't occurred to me that Obiwan could be in danger with old Palpy if he knew his identity. I just hope that Qui Gon doesn't share his information with Anakin and manages to get to Obiwan before he leaves for Coruscant. Looking forward to the next update.

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Their journey will sure be interesting. Great update! :)

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I love that Obi-Wan has found a way to use his talents. Healer is a perfect job for him.

Hmmm...so he is dreaming of a brown haired woman as well...very interesting.

I'm glad Qui is now searching for him.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Thank you for the comment! Happy you enjoyed this post. You will see soon what happens when Qui-Gon arrives on Langara..

19. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    You can bet it will be interesting! *wink* Thank you for R&R!

20. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Thank you! Happy you enjoyed this.

Yes, Obi-Wan would make a great healer!

21. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Another excellent chapter, Lincoln! I like how you touch on all the important parts of the story. Palpatine's restructuring of arguments due to Anakins defense of the Jedi was fun. Qui-Gon's vague memory of Obi-Wan as a apprentice he intentionally rejected, if only by defying the Force and the council, was interesting. And Obi-Wan's tireless pursuit of healing and making sure his vision comes true was good.

What will happen when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan meet again?

Will Ventress' dislike of the order cause more trouble than her love for Obi-Wan?

Can Anakin resist the very persuasive macihnations of a Sith Lord?

Oh, I'll be back!

22. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    I am happy you liked part too and that all characters looked good in what they were doing! As for your questions, you can only wait and see! I will post more soon!

23. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    It's taking me a little to see Obi-Wan and Asajj together, but it is quite an interesting idea! I like the way this is going so far, and I'm quite interested in seeing where this goes. So many possibilities! Could you add me to your list?

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

24. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Very interesting. Obi-Wan is still in Qui-Gon's thoughts.
    I wonder if he'll tell Qui-Gon that Anakin is married.[face_thinking]

Not looking good for Qui-Gon's choice of apprentices.[face_shame_on_you]

[face_dancing] =D=

25. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    HI! Thanks for commenting! Well, I suppose it can be difficult to picture Obi-Wan and Asajj together...It was the same for me too, in the beginning. But once I took a liking for the pairing, I began to envision more plots to put them togeter...

I hope you will like the rest of the story too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.