main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Just a Phase, Qui-Gon/Dooku, Rated G One-Shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alethia, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Title: Just a Phase
    Author: Alethia
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Dooku
    Fandom: Star Wars, pre Saga
    Rating: G
    Disclaimer: Not mine.
    Prompt: LJ community:31_days Oct. 26 Phases
    AN: Written for Layren, who asked nicely.

The rice isn't fully cooked. The grains are either too soggy or too crunchy. The sauce is slightly burned at the bottom, stuck in clumps. There's a level of oil on top that should have been stirred in. The meat is burnt on the outside and raw on the inside.

Dooku cannot wait until the day Qui-Gon decides to stop cooking.

It's not that the boy doesn't have skill- he does. He cooks much better at thirteen than most Knights do (it's horrible what Knights will eat in the field). But Dooku is a man who cares for the nicer things in life and the privileges that come with being a Jedi. Like a fully functioning Dining Hall with renowned cooks from various star systems.

And compared to Master Chef Onri's Alderaanian Quack and Dumplings, Qui-Gon's unidentifiable rice and sauce with improperly cooked meat doesn't exactly cut it.

It's just a phase, he tells himself, before taking a bite of the food. He'll grow out of it soon. And, he's fully aware, that he lucked out in the cooking department: while Qui-Gon might under or over cook his food, at least it is edible. Master Rixar and his Padawan are unfit even to boil water on occasion.

"How does it taste, Master?" Qui-Jon sets down a loaf of what Dooku hopes is bread.

"It tastes delectable, my young Padawan. But may I suggest dining in the Dining Hall tomorrow? I hear Onri is preparing a Nubian delicacy." Dooku wipes his mouth daintily- and then frowns, as Qui-Gon begins to slice the bread.

"I put in oatmeal," his Padawan answers, before the question can even leave his lips. "We're out of flour, so I used it instead. I'm sure it will taste wonderful."

"Yes...wonderful." He forces his mouth into a slight smile and chews some rice.

It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it soon.

2. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Awww poor Dooku, I felt bad for him, LOL! And no, Master Rixar is not allowed to be near the stove, except to boil water for tea, and even then only in the automatically timed kettle. ;)

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    The rice isn't fully cooked. The grains are either too soggy or too crunchy.

Yep, that sounds like me when I cook rice. Not fun. [face_plain]

Poor Dooku. The horrors of such fine dining... ;)

Qui-Gon sounds like my sister at age two. She went downstairs, got out a bowl, cracked open two eggs and then woke up my mom at 6:30am to ask her, "Mommy, I want to make oatmeal. I cracked two eggs, what's next?"

I suppose Qui-Gon wasn't meant to be a chef. :p

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Poor Dooku :p

This is really cute!!

5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    The Padawans have to learn somehow. :) And he's a good master for faking that he likes it. My dad did that for my mom when they were first married.

6. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    hehe that was good

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "I put in oatmeal," his Padawan answers, before the question can even leave his lips. "We're out of flour, so I used it instead. I'm sure it will taste wonderful."

"Yes...wonderful." He forces his mouth into a slight smile and chews some rice.

It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it soon.

Loved it! [face_laugh] =D=

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was hilarious!!

And I actually feel bad for poor Dooku having to eat Qui-Gon's...creative recipies.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    But Dooku is a man who cares for the nicer things in life and the privileges that come with being a Jedi. Like a fully functioning Dining Hall with renowned cooks from various star systems.

I loved Dooku's voice in this. He is so much the patrician.

Qui-Gon's earnestness is hard to resist.

And, he's fully aware, that he lucked out in the cooking department: while Qui-Gon might under or over cook his food, at least it is edible. Master Rixar and his Padawan are unfit even to boil water on occasion.

And dooku find a silver lining.

Great job. It brought a smile to my face.

10. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh, poor, poor Dooku!!!

I have to say, it's awful nice how he tries to spare Qui-Gon's feelings and let him ... eh ... experiment [face_laugh] I mean, he *does* eat it.

Loved this.

11. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Ha, very good. I enjoyed reading that. Poor Dooku.

12. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    That was so cute.

Really liked it.

Splendid job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.