main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends All That Slithers Is Goa'uld (Gate Crashin' Sequel) ~~ New Post! 6/9! More snakehead action!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinngerbread, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Title: All That Slithers Is Goa'uld
    Author(s) Jinngerbread and Lithiniel
    Characters Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, OC's, Stargate SG-1 Team
    Summary: Six months after the events in Gate Crashin' Namtar has solidified his control of the System Lords. Determined to crush all in his way, the now self-proclaimed Goa'uld leader has sinister plans for the Jedi and the entire galaxy.
    Authors Notes: Hey gang, we're back! Took us long enough, we know, but rest assured we are going to have one exciting adventure! :D The prologue is a bit of a shorty but rather than keeping you guys waiting longer, we decided to go ahead and post. As always we welcome your feedback and comments! :D Enjoy!

Prologue

Namtar had long since moved into the quarters Ba'al had been using; they were far superior even to his own, affording him a brilliant view of the stars and a complete tactical command center. He never needed to be on the Pel'tak, but that was where he spent most of his time. It kept morale up.

Today he sat in an ornate throne, his eyes closed in deep concentration. He'd meant to meditate, but thoughts kept interrupting him. Namtar was pleased -- very pleased -- that the System Lords had been wise enough to accept his offer. Not that he'd left them much choice: Yu and Bastet had served as prime examples of why his will should not be thwarted. When they had disappeared, the others fell into line quickly.

But there was something else weighing on him. Namtar had been able, through a network of spies, to keep tabs on his host's master, Qui-Gon Jinn. At least until recently. Suddenly, the Jedi Master had dropped altogether from sight, not even using his comm. Qui-Gon had gone dark, and that didn't bode well.

If Qui-Gon was involved, one could always bet that would mean trouble. His host's maverick teacher was a sore spot he wasn't sure what to do about, exactly. He needed to bring the Master to him, but thus far, he was not able to locate him, even through the abilities of his host, much to the host's delight and his own annoyance.

Still, that did not mean there weren't ways that he could do so. He had his own methods of persuasion just as well as anyone.

He smiled.

He had all of the hosts memories at his command. He knew Qui-Gon's weaknesses as well as his strengths.

He would find the Master.

Find him, and take him for his own.

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Yay, you're back!

Boo! Hiss! Evil bad guy!

But 6 months? They left poor Obi-Wan there for half a year?!

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Man, your quick!

May the Goa'uld die painful deaths!

Yes I know that such feelings are of the Darkside.

4. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :eek: Oh no! This is SO not good! (:D should I say that I love that, or keep it a secret?)

It looks like Namtar has been making evil use of Obi-Wan's force powers to become very mighty. And he's after Qui-Gon.... [face_worried]

But it's great that Obi-Wan can still make himself known, yeah for Obi-Wan!

More soon??? Please????[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Excellent.=D=
    Now I can get my fix of Obi-Wan and stargate.:D

Poor Obi-Wan being smothered by Namtar for six months.
    Qui-Gon must be frantic.

Thanks for the PM. Keep me on it please.[:D]

Great title for the sequel by the way.:cool:

6. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Good start! Add me to your PM list, if you will.

7. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Yes! Thanks for the PM on the sequel. I think Obi's host is overlooking one huge factor. Obi-Wan is not familiar with all Qui-Gon's tricks. After all, a master has to have a few secrets from his padawan. My big question is, how does the host (can't remember his name off hand) mean to have Qui-Gon for his own. Will he leave Obi-Wan and implant himself in Qui-Gon? If so, he may have an even greater battle on his hands. Qui-Gon's will and his connection to the living Force are much stronger than Obi-Wan's. Maybe this host's arrogance will be his downfall. Now... where is SG1? Have they traveled to Coruscant yet? Can't wait for more. Please PM me with updates. Right now my email isn't receiving any notifications for some unknown reason.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Hmph, Namtar had so much trouble dealing with a lowly padawan, and he thinks he can take on a master? Huh, he's gotten a bit too cocky.

[face_worried]

I hope.

9. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    yay sequel!!!!

Obi better be saved in this one. :p

anyway interesting start. keep me posted on updates please?

10. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    oK, I thought Ba'al was arrogant and narcissitic. Namtar takes the cake. At least Ba'al had a certain devious coolness. Namtar is just a mean SOB. Like all Goa'uld, Namtar talks too much and overestimates his abilities.

Qui-Gon has a plan!

11. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Six months?! :_| Poor Obi-Wan. :(

Where is Qui-Gon and SG1? [face_thinking] [face_worried]

Yu and Bastet had served as prime examples of why his will should not be thwarted. When they had disappeared, the others fell into line quickly. o_O Should I be worried? :p

Can't wait for more!

And Happy Halloween! [face_pumpkin] [face_skull] [face_clown] [face_alien_1] [face_devil] ]-}

12. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    YAY! You continued it. :D I'm looking forward to reading it. :D

13. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Ack! Sorry about the late reply- DRL has been keeping me busy.:(

Yay! The sequel is up! And it looks like Namtar is up to typical Goa'uld nastiness... poor Obi. I hope SG1 and Qui-Gon are on their way to rescue him.

Looking forward to more!!=D=

14. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    Poor Obi-Wan. This has to be so horrible for him, trapped and being aware of all he is being used to do.

15. verd_beskar_prudii

verd_beskar_prudii Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2008
    MORE! MORE! MORE!!![face_hypnotized]

16. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Lilith Demodae: We have returned, indeed! Hopefully this next update will reveal enough as to why it's been so very long....

Lady_Misty: It's probably ok to unleash your inner Dark Side, at least a little bit. The Goa'uld are rather nasty indeed. Don't worry, they'll all get what they deserve. Eventually.

Seremela: We're glad you love the not-good, 'cause I'm sure there's more of it to come. ;) Yes, Namtar is a little overly ambitious, but what Goa'uld isn't? Fret not, there's more....

Gkilkenny: Another fix for you, but no Obi-Wan this time. Another favorite makes a brief appearance, though, if that's any consolation.

JediMaster_Horn: Glad you like it so far! If The Lady of the PM has not already added you, I will remind her posthaste... ;)

p_stotts: Ah, loyal and faithful reader.... You are quite correct. While Qui has taught Obi everything Obi knows, he has not necessarily taught Obi everything he himself knows. As to Namtar, well... He probably hasn't thought his plan for taking Qui-Gon all the way through just yet.

Alexis_Wingstar: Very cocky indeed! Unless he's formulating a plan as we speak.... Which he probably is. Still, ambition must be equal to skill if one is to achieve it. We'll have to see just how skilled ol' Namtar is.

JediMasterAmanda: Glad you're excited to see the sequel. We will do our very best to keep up with PM's.

brodiew: Yeah, we wanted someone who made Ba'al look like a kitten, and we got him! ;) And yes, Qui-Gon does indeed have a plan. As to how well-advised that plan is, well, we'll see...

Bastet: The cavalry is coming... as soon as they can unravel Namtar's deviousness. As to being worried, well.... Let's just say that a few of the System Lords put up quite a lot of opposition to Namtar's assumption of control, and something had to be done with them.... Man, I can't believe we haven't updated this since before Halloween....

Sabriel_Orion: We're glad you're looking forward to it! Sorry to have kept you waiting so long!

wolf_kenobi: Never fear! SG-1 and Qui-Gon will make their appearances in due time. And more is coming, I promise!

Magier: Ah, a new reader! Yes, Obi-Wan isn't very happy with this situation. Alas, once a Goa'uld has hold of you, there's not really a way to get rid of it without a lot of help.

verd_beskar_prudii: Your wish is my command.

Dear Faithful Readers: We do apologize for the very long delay. Between Darth Real Life, Darth Writer's Block, and now the Holiday season being in full swing, it has been difficult to update. Large amounts of the previous fic were written before we even started posting, but when we did some revising, and realized we needed to take the story in a slightly different direction, we were forced to scrap a lot of things and start over.

That being said, I have a massive update for your viewing pleasure. This has not been approved yet by Jinngerbread in any way but concept, so it may be edited at some point in the future. However, I think the delay has been so long that y'all deserve something for your patience.

Unfortunately, I do not have the PM list myself, and therefore, will not be sending PMs this round, except for those of you who specifically requested in your most recent replies to do so. Perhaps Jinngerbread will be kind enough upon her return to do so.

And now, without further ado, I will submit the update in the very next post.

17. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Chapter One

General Hammond stood at parade rest, hands clasped behind his back, as he gazed thoughtfully through the window overlooking the gateroom. SG-1 was already assembled in the conference room, but he wasn?t quite ready to face that yet. A day hadn?t yet gone by, since the incident with the Goa?uld Atum, that Hammond didn?t nearly suffer a nervous breakdown. Well, alright, perhaps that was an exaggeration. But the discovery of this new galaxy, just six months ago, had led to more headaches ? both literal and figurative ? than anything else since he took command of the Stargate project.

With a sigh, he turned reluctantly from the window and proceeded up the small spiral staircase to the conference room. Everyone came to attention as he entered, and he motioned them to sit just as quickly as they rose. There was no time for formalities.

Along with O?Neill, Carter, Teal?c, and Jackson, the assembled crew also included a Jedi representative ? Kyran Josel; the Tok?ra Selmak and his host, Jacob Carter; and even Supreme Commander Thor of the Asgard ? albeit via hologram. Hammond looked each over in turn before taking his seat at the head of the table.

?You all know why we?re here,? he said in the measured cadence of a man born and raised in Texas. ?The situation is getting out of hand. We need to locate the Goa?uld threat ? and eliminate it. Kinsey?s been breathin? down my neck on this one, threatening to shut us down again if we don?t fix this. So.?

He paused and looked to Jack.

?What?ve you got??

O?Neill glanced at Sam, who handed him a file in a blue report cover. He didn?t need to look at it; he already knew what it contained. But it gave him something concrete to hang onto. Colonel Jack O?Neill hated any failure ? real or perceived ? in himself and his team, and this was the worst situation they?d been in so far.

?Not a lot,? he admitted hesitantly. ?We have a few leads on Namtar?s plans, but since he took control of the System Lords, our sources of information have been drying up. He?s still sending his Jaffa to attack ships at random intervals, we assume for slaves. Problem is, no one?s been able to find any sources of naquadah in their galaxy.?

Jack nodded toward Kyran.

?It is possible,? Teal?c interjected softly, ?that Namtar is passing the slaves off to the other System Lords to mine naquadah in this galaxy.?

?Which makes sense,? Sam added. ?Nobody goes missing from here, we don?t suspect anything. And the Jedi investigators can?t find where the captives have been taken once they cross into our galaxy.?

?Are they still using the Gate system?? Hammond asked.

?Undoubtedly.?

This from Dr. Jackson, who was twirling a pen between his fingers absently.

?But there?s no reliable way to trace Gate activity without having the actual Gate being used,? he concluded.

The General nodded slowly. He?d expected as much. Namtar had been leading his teams on a wild goose chase since this whole thing had begun. It wasn?t only SG-1 anymore, although they were the primary team. SG-12, designated search and rescue, also spent more than their share of time trying to locate the missing Goa?uld. The problem was, Namtar was too smart. His attacks were unpredictable ? he chose different targets every time ? and the hit-and-fade nature of them left little to go on. There would be weeks of inactivity in between, and by the time either of the teams caught up, the trail was cold. He turned to Selmak/Jacob.

?Any news on your end??

Selmak didn?t miss the note of hope in Hammond?s query. He shook his head.

?Reports from our spy have been sporadic, at best. We have reason to believe that Namtar suspects an infiltration, requiring extreme caution. The last we heard was about a week ago, but the message was incomplete.?

Hammond?s eyebrows shot up.

?You don?t suppose?.??

?No, nothing like that,? Selmak/Jacob assured him. ?If our spy had been found out, a body would have been returned to us by now. The distance between galaxies makes communi

18. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    [face_dancing] Yes! I get first post!

19. verd_beskar_prudii

verd_beskar_prudii Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2008
    ooohhh.....trap....[face_mischief]

once again, characters are right on point. i guess i should expect that by now though! great job!=D= cant wait for more!

20. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Good stuff. And I agree with the above...perfect characterization of everyone. It's all developing very well.

21. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I must say I like Ba'al in season nine or maybe ten
    in SG1. He had accquired a sense of humour and actually helped them.
    He might be someone to watch out for.[face_thinking]

excellent post thanks for the pm.=D=

22. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    ?Which means he?s gone rogue,? O?Neill said, half-admiringly.

Yes, Jack would admire that [face_laugh]

Thanks for this part, Lithiniel, because it explains a lot of the happenings. Although it also manages to leave us with new questions!!! Now they're contemplating a trap that I think might bite them back... :eek:

And Qui-Gon has gone on his own to try and safe Obi-Wan. He would [face_love]

I hope DRL will treat you two better from now on!

23. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Excellent post! =D=

It's good to see SG1 again. Jack's admiration of Qui-Gon breaking the rules to rescue his padawan is very fitting. :)

And Ba'al is back... how did he survive?? [face_thinking]

Looking forward to more!

24. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A trap???

Don't traps usauly back fire?

Ba'al is alive??

25. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Ohh wow. I read the first story with the SG/SW cross-over. I like it. You've captured the SG charactors, and Star Wars prefectly. :) I look forward to more. :bows:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.