main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Pleasant Surprise- Qui/Shmi/Anakin- For Alexis_Wingstar- Holiday Fic Exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: A Pleasant Surprise
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: AU, about 3 years after TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Shmi, Anakin
    Genre: Humor/ Romance
    Summary: Qui-Gon surprises Anakin by giving him a long sought reunion with his mother.
    AN: This story was written for the Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange for Alexis_Wingstar. She requested?
    1. Snow
    2. Surprise
    3. An intimate moment between Qui-gon Jinn and Shmii Skywalker

Merry Christmas, I hope you like this since I?ve never written a Qui/Shmi story in my life.:D

A Pleasant Surprise

Qui-Gon Jinn glanced at his young padawan, Anakin Skywalker, amused. The twelve year old boy?s face was concentrated and to the outsider the boy looked as if he exhumed calm. But Qui-Gon knew better, he could sense how tense Anakin was and how the boy longed to please him. The master was also fully aware of just how much his Padawan still suffered daily because he longed to see his mother again.

Being the thoughtful Master that he was, Qui-Gon was planning a surprise for the young boy. They were on their way to a mission in the Outer Rim but they weren?t required to be there for over a week. Anakin was unaware of this, and so Qui-Gon decided that they would make a stop on the way. Roon was a small planet with a temperate climate, and made the perfect setting for a long sought reunion.

?Master,? Anakin said suddenly. ?We?re going to Roon??

Qui-Gon smiled gently to his Padawan. ?Yes,? he said. ?I have an errand here first before we head to Ryloth.?

Anakin nodded and expertly navigated the craft down towards the planet and carefully avoided the asteroids in the way. Only a few minutes later they pulled in at the landing dock and they exited the craft in only a few minutes. A few minutes later they were easily moving through the crowd in the planet?s major settlement.

?This way,? Qui-Gon said leading Anakin towards a park set in the middle of the city. Anakin gave him a quizzical look, but followed without a word. Qui-Gon wrapped his robe closer around his shoulders because a chill wind was just starting to pick up.

When they arrived at the park, Qui-Gon stretched out with the Force trying to sense the life forms in the close vicinity. She was here. He led the way and then he saw her.

?Anakin,? she called when she could see the boy.

Qui-Gon watched as he took in Anakin?s reaction. First confusion swept him, then surprise and finally a joy so great a grin stretched from ear to ear.

?Mom!? he exclaimed running to her and embracing her as soon as he got close. ?Mom, I?ve missed you so much!?

?I missed you too Ani,? Shmi Skywalker said looking fondly down at her son. ?You?ve grown so much.?

?But how did you get away from Watto?? Anakin asked with confusion.

?I have been freed,? Shmi said. ?And when Qui-Gon called me I managed to catch a ride to Roon so I could see you.?

For the next several hours Qui-Gon watched from a distance as mother and son caught up. Anakin was so overjoyed, his eyes held a new brightness, and the boy that Qui-Gon met threes before on Tatooine returned. No longer did Anakin wear the mask he always wore to hide the fact that he was always pining for his mother. Finally when the sky started to turn to a vibrant pink did Qui-Gon and Anakin go to a local inn and book a room. Anakin crashed right away, the excitement of the day draining his energy.

~~~~~

Shmi stood by the door of the inn waiting and thinking. She was still so overcome with emotions, and she was so grateful at the opportunity to see Anakin. If her son had to be apart from her she was at least happy that Qui-Gon was looking after him. She really didn?t want to imagine what dangers Anakin faced as a Jedi, but the Jedi Master would take care of him.

And then she looked up to see Qui-Gon striding toward her with a serene look on his face.

?Thank you,? Shmi said. ?Though I could never really thank you enough for all that you?ve done for my son and I.?

Qui-Gon smiled gently. ?Really it

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww, this is so sweet!! I love that Anakin got to see his mom again [face_love]

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That was very sweet.:*

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_love] Awwww, that was beautiful! =D=

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Awe, now that was a very sweet present. I think you wrote those two very well. Thank you. :)

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was very sweet! Well done! =D=

7. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Lovely story, really sweet. I loved how you wrote their relationships, Qui-Gon and Anakin, and Anakin with his mother, and then, in the end Qui-Gon and Shmi :)

And that was a very nice thing for Qui-Gon to do, making sure Anakin could see his mother.

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Shmi and Qui-Gon, together... so, so precious, the two of them.

?Anakin,? Qui-Gon started. ?Loves snow. Prepare yourself for a snowball fight of epic proportions when he wakes.?

Shmi then laughed now, before grinning at Qui-Gon excitedly. ?I can?t wait.?

Cute. So, so cute.

Well done, Lily. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.