main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Unhappy New Year - January Obi-Wan/Siri Challenge (Humor, and lots of it!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaidyn_Knightfall, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Title: Unhappy New Year
    Author: Jaidyn_Knightfall
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, some Qui-Gon, Tahl and Yoda
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Notes: This was written for the January Obi-Wan and Siri Challenge. I know I don't have the characterizations right, but I've never written Obi-Wan or Siri before, so this was kind of a shot in the dark. I also didn't proofread this very well, so if I've made a mistake I apologize in advance.
    And yes, I give you permission to laugh. This is supposed to be funny, after all.
    Disclaimer: I own neither Star Wars nor the song Used To. Those belong to George Lucas and Daughtry, respectively.

--

Obi-Wan stood against a wall next to the buffet table, holding a plate of food and wondering what exactly he was doing here in the first place.

?Here? was a large room in the basement of the Jedi Temple, decorated with paper streamers, bright-colored balloons and confetti. It was, he supposed, decorated very well, in one of the latest Coruscanti fashions.

To Obi-Wan, it just looked hideous.

All around him, members of the Jedi Order, from mere younglings all the way up to Jedi Masters, were dressed in their finest Jedi robes, eating and drinking, and even dancing with each other. He even caught sight of his own Master, Qui-Gon, whirling by on the dance floor with Tahl on his arm.

Obi-Wan shifted uncomfortably in place. For some reason, all this didn't seem very Jedi-like.

?Obi-Wan!? a voice snapped in his ear.

Obi-Wan jumped straight up in the air before he could stop himself. The plate of food he was holding scattered everywhere within a five-meter radius, landing on everything in it's path, including a stunned Master Yoda. To make matters worse, Obi-Wan came down hard on one of the balloons as he landed, popping it and startling him even more. ?What?!? he said, still stunned and a little angry.

?What are you doing?!? If nothing else, the voice had increased both in pitch and in volume.

Obi-Wan wiped the remnants of a Goru-fruit pie from his eyes and frowned in the direction of the voice. ?Siri?? he said.

?What are you doing?!? Siri did not reply to his query, but he still knew it was her. A quick flicker of the Force confirmed it for him.

?I-? he paused. ?Actually, I don't think I was doing anything.?

?Exactly!? Siri looked as if she couldn't decide whether to be happy that Obi-Wan had figured it out himself, or to be frustrated that it had taken him so long.

Confused, Obi-Wan said, ?Um, I'm not sure I understand. How can I be doing something wrong if I'm not doing anything??

?No!? Apparently Siri had decided to go for being frustrated. ?The reason you're doing something wrong is that you're not doing anything.?

It was at this moment that Obi-Wan knew he'd never understand women. ?But if I'm not doing anything, how can what I'm doing be wrong??

?Noooo!? Siri was nearly stomping her feet in frustration. ?You really don't get it, do you?? She gestured to the scene in front of them. ?Last I checked, Obi-Wan, this was a party. Do you know what you're supposed to do at parties??

?Um,? Obi-Wan said. He seemed to be saying that a lot lately. ?Party??

Siri rolled her eyes at him. ?Well yes, but how do you party, Obi-Wan?? She smiled sweetly at him. ?Or maybe Mr. Perfect Always-Right Padawan doesn't know how??

It was said in the Temple that Obi-Wan's temper was nonexistent. In that instant, everyone was proved wrong. ?Of course I know how!? he snapped. ?I just don't want to!?

?Really,? Siri crossed her arms. ?I don't believe that for a second. A nice party like this, and you don't want anything to do with it? The only reason why that could be is that you don't know how to have a good time.?

?I do too!? Obi-Wan felt like a little kid after saying that, but what else was there to say?

?I still don't believe you,? Siri's face was unreadable. ?If you want me to believe you, you'll have to prove it.?

?Okay, I w

2. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    You should be proud of yourself! This is good!

I loved that Siri, tricked Obi-Wan into doing that, and completely set him up. Poor Obi! Well done!

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well done, well done! Lovely job with the challenge and well written. Very in character as well.

4. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    Hahahahaha! [face_laugh]
    I loved this! Great job! =D= =D= =D=

5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Freakin' awesome. I always loved Obi & Siri's little relationship. This was just perfect.

6. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Wow. I'm surprised anyone read this. I really didn't think anyone would, given how silly it is, but I'm very glad you did!

Lolly_Tolly: Thank you! I'm so glad you thought this was good. I really enjoyed writing it, probably more than I should have.:p Thanks for reading!

Valairy_Scot: Thanks! I'm still not quite sure I have the characterization down because I haven't read very much Obi-Wan/Siri, but I'm working on it. Thank you for the encouragement!

CrystalSaber_1: I'm so glad you enjoyed this! Thanks for reading!

Jarren_Lee-Saber: Thank you! I like Siri and Obi-Wan together too, which is one of the reasons I wrote this. Thank you for reading!

--

Side note: I let my younger brother and sister read this story, and their reactions were hilarious. My little sister didn't laugh at all except for the part about Master Yoda not getting any younger (she adores Yoda), and I had to explain to her what a karaoke machine was, which was especially funny because she just got one for her birthday. My brother, on the other hand, laughed hysterically the whole time he read it, even though he didn't know who half the characters were. When he read the ending, he almost felt personally wronged, even though Obi-Wan had been tricked and not him. He also said I ruined the song for him.:p I thought their reactions were great - partly because they were so different - and I thought I'd share them. Again, thanks for reading!

7. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh my gosh, that was wonderful, Jaidyn! :) I really, really enjoyed that story - it was so funny and adorable!! I think you got their characters down great. Awesome job!

- Serena

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Obi - can't even catch a break at a party! :p

Considering what a great voice he has, I'm glad Siri did what she had to do to get him up there singing!

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Oops. I forgot to check for new replies.[face_blush]

JediXManSerenaKenobi: Thank you, Serena! I'm so glad you enjoyed this!

KELIA: Nope, not going to happen! Where would be the fun in that?:p I'm glad you liked how Siri got him to sing. Thank you for reading!

10. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Good Job with the challenge and yes, Siri is that wicked!
    What was the title of the song I dont recognize it?

11. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    obsessedwithSW: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! The song is Used To, by Daughtry. I thought it fit well with the situation, but now I can't listen to it without imagining that it's Obi-Wan who's singing it.:p8-} Thank you for reading!

12. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Ha-Ha-HA That is amazing![face_laugh] I absolutely love what Siri did to Obi-wan!
    Great Job.

13. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    That was great! I was laughing so much. =D= [face_laugh] =D=

I really enjoyed that, keep up the great work! =D=

14. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Raphire: I'm glad you enjoyed this. I had so much fun writing it! Thank you for reading!

GuNgAnFaN3090: Yes! I made someone laugh!:D Reading that made my day. Thanks for reading!

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    That was so... just like Siri[face_mischief]
    She just loves embarrassing Obi-Wan.

Well Done=D=

16. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Gkilkenny: She does, doesn't she? Thank you for your encouragement!

17. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OMG i loved this!! =D= specially because i can relate to Obi-Wan's fear of karaoke machines quite well [face_worried] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.