main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Fishy Tale (Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon. humor, viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Qui-Gina-Jinn, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Title: A Fishy Tale
    Authors: Qui-Gina Jinn and Lora Skywalker.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
    Summary: It's lunch-time....
    Disclaimer: As we all know, SW belongs to GL - we're just playing in the sandbox.

Authors' note: This was written late one night via skype and messenger. Lora was blank for ideas and asked Gina to help. The following is the result.

~~~~

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were walking down a skywalk on Coruscant, when Obi-Wan suddenly realized that Qui-Gon had stopped.
    ?Master??
    Qui-Gon turned to Obi-Wan with a small smile playing on his lips. ?I know just the place to have lunch, Padawan,? he said as he started for a small cantina. He knew that his padawan was always hungry, and he was curious to see how see how his apprentice would react to this.
    They entered a crowded, dimly lit room, and Qui-Gon spotted a table in the far corner with a good view of the rest of the occupants.

Once they were seated they picked up the menu. As Obi-Wan perused it he discovered that all the dishes included fish. He slowly looked up and took in the decoration. All of it was fishy.
    ?I didn't know we were at Mon Cal, Master,? he commented dryly.
    Qui-Gon just smiled his little smile and went back to perusing the menu.
    ?Raw fish, boiled fish, fried fish ? is there anything NOT containing fish?? Obi-Wan asked.
    Qui-Gon chuckled. ?No, this is, quite obviously, a fish restaurant.?
    Obi-Wan shot him a sharp glance. ?I figured as much.?
    Qui-Gon looked carefully through the menu and after a while he chose a dish. Obi-Wan on the other hand, ended up closing eyes and drawing his finger up and down randomly, finally settling on something. They waited for their lunch in comfortable silence, just enjoying each others company.

Qui-Gon's dish came first, consisting of several delicious pieces of well-prepared fish. A moment later Obi-Wan's dish arrived. He eyed it suspiciously.
    It was a huge fish, still whole, including what must a have been the tail and something resembling a head. At least it had two very ugly eyes. Worst of all, it was still...
    ?Master, is it supposed to be wriggling??
    Qui-Gon looked up from his plate. ?That must be your imagination, Padawan.?
    Obi-Wan stared intensely at the creature he was supposed to eat.
    ?Hey-loie dere, eater!?
    Obi-Wan pushed himself backwards staring at the plate in shock. ?It spoke!!!?
    ?Aff-cause mesa speekin ? wadda yousa tink, dat mesa dead??
    The padawan's jaw dropped.
    ?Obi-Wan close your month; it's not good manners to drool over your food like that.? Qui-Gon hit his grin by taking a huge bite of his own food.
    ?Master, it spoke! The ? thing ? spoke to me! The thing spoke!!?
    ?Mesa noo beein a tiing! Mesa tinken yousa beein wery wude! Yousa spake 'tiing' of mesa!?
    ?Erm... Sorry.? Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon. ?Master, now I'm speaking WITH it...!?
    Qui-Gon didn't reply, he seemed to be totally absorbed in consuming his lunch.
    ?Master, did you hear what I said? It's talking to me!?
    ?Then you shouldn't be rude, Padawan. Reply to it.?
    Obi-Wan stared at his master in disbelief.
    ?Are yousa dere?? The fish flapped it's tail and blinked.
    Obi-Wan blinked. He just couldn't believe a fish was talking to him!
    A fish that was supposed to be dead.
    Wasn't it?

?Erm, yeah... I'm here...? He looked around quickly making sure no one was looking. ?So... You have name or something??
    ?Mesa called Fisk. Mesa called Flad Fisk.?
    ?Flad Fisk.? Obi-Wan tried to pronounce the strange word; Flad. It felt funny.
    ?And whosa are yousa??
    ?Er, Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Obi-Wan felt really strange talking to a fish. He looked back up at Qui-Gon, who seemed to have eaten most of his dish by now.
    ?Master??
    ?Yes, Obi-Wan??
    ?I wondered if we could leave??
    ?Why, is that, Padawan??
    ?The fi... Flad Fisk, is talking to me and I'm NOT going to eat a fish I know the name of,? Obi-Wan said as calmly as possible.
    ?I've never heard you decline food before, Padawan.? Qui-Gon studied the boy.
    ?I haven't declined food, but this has nothing to do with food! Master, the 'fish

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Dies laughing...what a test! Great job.

3. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    [face_laugh]

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard my face is hurting! I don't think that was very nice of Qui-Gon to do that to Obi-Wan, but I'm glad Obi-Wan saved Flad. For some reason, I was almost getting attached to him.:p

Great job!

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh Qui-Gon! How could you do that to your poor starving padawan.
    Very funny.[face_laugh]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great writing[face_laugh][face_laugh] Been to that fish market?

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    What a funny entertaining story. You have the characters pegged. I enjoyed Qui-Gon's deviousness in the test as well as Obi-Wan's perplexed, frustrated resolve. Good job. Thanks for making me smile.

7. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] This was great!!!

Og dejligt at se at et stykke Danmark kan fungere in GFFA - det smager da lidt af fisk! ;) Altså - I to! ;)

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A fish who speaks Gungan? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Next time, Obi-Wan should and probably willl be more careful. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    [face_blush]
    Just realized that we never thanked people for relying to us!

THANK YOU for all those really nice comments - we greatly appreciate it! :D

kataja, et stykke Danmark? Bare fordi vi bruger et dansk ord som navn :p O:)
    Men takker for kommentaren :D

10. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
  11. Ben_Stormrider

Ben_Stormrider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2006
    Thank you for showing me this humorous story, Qui-Gina-Jinn!
    The Gungan-speaking fish is one of the funniest things I read on the whole board! Very amusing. [face_laugh]

12. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    hahaha that was really cute! I can just see the confused/horrified expression on Obi's face as he's talking to the fish [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.