main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Déjà Vu [OWTF challenge;Qui-gon, Anakin;AU]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Déjà Vu
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Beta: The Musical Jedi
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, OC?s
    Era: Saga
    Summary/Notes: This is an AU in which Qui-Gon survives the events in TPM, and trains Anakin. This takes place approximately two years after those events, and was originally written for The Writer With the Force challenge:

For this challenge you are to pick your favorite book of any genre, open it to page 80 and use the first full sentence on that page as your first sentence for your entry. If there are names in the sentence feel free to change names or possibly something that is very Earthy to a more SW term, but try not to change anything if you can help it.

Please include the name of the book and who wrote it with your story.

The title/Author of the book I took the first sentence from is, "The Seeress of Kell" (book 5 of the Mallorean), by David Eddings.

This story links to my other Qui-gon/Anakin AU, ?Happy Lifeday?.

It was nearly sunset when they reached the gleaming city in the valley. The majestic beauty of the sky reflected off the transparisteel windows was lost on Qui-Gon Jinn as he held Anakin?s hand. When the ambulance came to a stop outside the hospital, he quickly got out of the paramedics? way as they moved swiftly to take the padawan inside. The large Jedi Master seemed to be the lone center of calm in a chaotic storm as he entered the emergency room that was crowded with other casualties from the starliner crash. He watched as a medical team took the lad?s vitals even as they rolled his gurney into an operating room.

?Sir, are you injured??

Qui-Gon looked at the door, behind which Anakin fought for his life, for a few moments more before turning his attention to the medical droid. ?No, but my padawan is being treated as we speak.?

?I must ask you to wait out in the lobby then, please.?

?Very well.? The Jedi moved towards the door the droid indicated. Once in the waiting room, he sat down in an out of the way chair where he could still keep an eye on the entrance to and from the emergency room. He rested his elbows against his thighs as he leaned forward, looked at his huge hands, and contemplated how small Anakin?s looked within them. [i]You can?t die now, padawan. You are the ?Chosen One?.[/i] He wearily rubbed his cheeks as he sat back and closed his eyes, only to open them once more when someone cleared his throat.

?Excuse me, do you mind?? The young man indicated the seat next to the Jedi Master.

Qui-Gon blinked in surprise at the dark-clad man standing before him. It was rare for a Jedi to be surprised, and he was sure the man had not been in the lobby moments before. He shrugged and replied, ?No, go ahead.? The Jedi regarded the man curiously as he sat down, and thought how strange it was that this person seemed very familiar.

The young man brushed back a lock of light brown hair from his eyes as he asked, ?You were on that starliner too, weren?t you??

?Yes,? Qui-Gon replied as he looked back towards the emergency room.

?Someone you cared for was injured??

?Yes.? This time, there was a hint of irritation in the Jedi?s voice. He really didn?t feel like talking.

?He wouldn?t want to trade places with you, you know.?

Qui-Gon looked sharply over at the stranger, who regarded him with clear blue eyes that seemed vaguely familiar.

?That [i]is[/i] what you were thinking, wasn?t it? That you would gladly trade places with him right now??

?No.? The older man replied grumpily as he peeled his eyes away to look once more at the doors.

?Yeah, right.?

Qui-Gon ignored him, and was relieved when the man remained silent for awhile.

?Is he your son??

The Jedi sighed. ?No, he?s my padawan.? [i]But I love him as my son.[/i]

The young man continued to question him, and soon Qui-Gon was telling him about Anakin: How the precocious lad had rigged a remote to Master Yoda?s hov

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Very nice, mystical story, Alexis.

?Is he your son??

The Jedi sighed. ?No, he?s my padawan.? But I love him as my son.

I loved Qui-Gon's concern over Anakin as well as "ghostly-time traveling" Anakin's perfect conversational diversion.

The ring was a good device. As was the open marriage with apparent approval by the Jedi.

Good job.

3. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Whoaaaaa, I really liked that! I did not expect that to be Anakin at all, I thought it was Obi-Wan, and I love love love the twist.

And that everything turned out happy- those are so good.

Great work!

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, this has a much happier ending than the usual way the Saga goes. :) And Anakin found a way to go back in time to avoid the embarrassment of forgetting the ring. ;)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Twelve years later, Qui-Gon stands beside Knight Skywalker as his padawan renews his marriage vows to Senator Padme Amidala? this time in public. The Jedi Master cannot help but feel a sense of déjà vu during this ceremony ever since he had almost forgotten the ring in his quarters.

"...do me a favor. When your padawan chooses to get married, don?t let him forget the ring.? The echo of the voice of the mysterious young man he had seen only once many years ago had reminded him to bring it. So much had happened since that day in the hospital waiting room: They had attended Shmi?s wedding, which had been postponed when he had informed the Lars? of their unfortunate delay in getting to Tatooine; Years later they went back to the desert planet and helped Cliegg rescue Shmi from the Tusken Raiders, and shortly after that had gone to Geonosis to rescue Qui-Gon?s former Padawan; The Clone Wars broke out; Anakin secretly married Senator Amidala; The Jedi Master was finally able to prove his suspicions about Chancellor Palpatine being the Sith Lord whom Count Dooku had mentioned on Geonosis. Through it all, Anakin and Qui-Gon?s bond grew ever stronger, and the Jedi Master could not imagine loving the boy any more if he had been his biological son.

Now as Anakin smiles at him as he takes the ring, the gleeful flicker in the young man?s eyes sparks recognition within the Jedi Master. How did you go back in time, my padawan? he wonders as he watches the groom place the ring upon Padme?s slender finger. Qui-gon finds himself laughing as Anakin kisses his bride.

Absolutely loved it! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.