main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Attachments, vignette with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon winner PT challenge and with fanart

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Attachments
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
    Genre: mush, comfort, challenge
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have a R and R trip and a meeting with a spider.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.

Serene, tranquil and soothing to the senses was the scene.
    A waterfall was cascading down the rocks into a pool vibrant with colour from the surrounding trees, rocks and flowers. Birds were singing and small insects were scurrying or flying their patterns.

A little spider was weaving its web between some brown folds.

Dark brown folds and when you observed those dark brown folds for a time you could see them moving in a gentle rhythm.

The rhythm of breathing and the rhythm of snoring.
    Snoring.

The snoring was having an echo and that echo came from another brown shape, a lighter brown shape. Ginger spiked hair, a Nerftail and a long braid with many coloured beads was moving with the rhythm. It was a young man and he was dreaming and seeing a man holding a baby.

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/kaagi8.jpg]

The snoring changed and two cerulean blue eyes opened, confusion showing in them. ?Master!?

The master stirred awake and sensing the confusion he righted himself and crawled over to the place where the Padawan was in the soft grass and helped him to sit on a rock.

The spider resumed its weaving.

Qui-Gon held Obi-Wan protectively in his arms wrapping the folds of his brown cloak around him and encouraging him to speak. ?Obi-Wan??

?I had a dream and there was a young man in it holding a baby and I knew that man. Healer Adin was it and he was here in this place. This same place with the waterfall and he was sitting there.? He pointed at the grass where the contours of two human forms could still be seen. ?Master the Jedicode forbids attachment.?

?Master Adin is from this planet and maybe you were having a vision. We have discussed your visions many times and you know.?

?Yes what Master Yoda teaches every initiate. Dreams pass in time. And the Force flows in mysterious ways. I know and I really appreciate having these discussions with you.?

?It?s a pleasure for me too and we both learn from it. And there are Jedi who formed bonds in the past and on Corellia the Jedi don?t adhere so strictly to the code. And the Code encourages love.?

?Yes love? and Obi-Wan thought about his friendship with Siri and Qui-Gon?s with Tahl. ?I love Siri and it is love without attachment and Qui-Gon loved Tahl and for him it was the same.?
    He saw a pure white flower catching the rays of a setting sun and mused ?love, love for all things like that Nenya flower and that...? A soft chuckle escaped his lips.

?Obi-Wan??

?Master you seem to have formed an attachment.?

?What??

?You have picked up another pathetic life form?

Qui-Gon followed Obi-Wan?s downward gaze and a big grin appeared on his face ?indeed Padawan mine, I have. Shall we take it with us back home??

?Nah, there is no Jedi anymore who is afraid of spiders or it must be one of the youngest initiates.?

?You were afraid of spiders.?

?And you cured me of that after I demolished the walls of the fresher with my lightsaber when a spider weaved its web inside it.?

Qui-Gon was doubled over with laughter when he remembered that episode. ?I heard that lightsaber and that war cry and coming to the fresher and seeing that sheepish look on Obi-Wan?s face I gave him orders to meditate on the killing of a pathetic lifeform.?

Obi-Wan stood up and using the Force he disentangled the web from the folds and carefully put the spider on a bush. ?We have to return to our transport.?

?Back to the Jeditemple and our next mission.?

And the spider resumed its weaving and completed its web after the two Jedi were gone leaving the place serene, tranquil and soothing to the senses.

FIN

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    =D=

You deserve your colours, beste bird! Heel mooi! Uitstekend!

[:D]

3. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    That picture is just beautiful! And a very sweet story to go with it.@};-

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for reading and here is the finished picture.

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/kaagi10b.jpg]

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan??

?Master you seem to have formed an attachment.?

?What??

?You have picked up another pathetic life form?

Qui-Gon followed Obi-Wan?s downward gaze and a big grin appeared on his face ?indeed Padawan mine, I have. Shall we take it with us back home??

?Nah, there is no Jedi anymore who is afraid of spiders or it must be one of the youngest initiates.?

?You were afraid of spiders.?

?And you cured me of that after I demolished the walls of the fresher with my lightsaber when a spider weaved its web inside it.?

Qui-Gon was doubled over with laughter when he remembered that episode. ?I heard that lightsaber and that war cry and coming to the fresher and seeing that sheepish look on Obi-Wan?s face I gave him orders to meditate on the killing of a pathetic lifeform.?

So cute.

Listen, if I had a lightsaber when young, I don't think the HOUSE would have been standing. One spider in my room, and it was, "DAD!!!!!"

He'd say, "What will you do when you grow up and have no one to call?"

I said, "Who knows, but for now - DAD!!!!!!"

[face_laugh]

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I love the quiet time together for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
    The picture is beautiful.=D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    :DI have colleagues who are running if they spot a spider in the fresher and who has to come to get the creature away? I. Thank you again.

Thank you for your kind words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.