main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Zeercon's Curse --- Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon --- one-post -- no dialogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Zeercon's Curse
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: drama
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, OCs
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi, control, Force
    Summary: Obi-Wan learns of the deeper mysteries of the Force.
    Notes: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers do not catch being my speciality - if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters and the Star Wars universe belong to George and Lucasfilm; I am just playing in their sandbox.

All hope was not lost.

Obi-Wan Kenobi slid onto the padded bench.

He felt hyper-aware of everything. The sound of his clothes rubbing across the synth-finish. The weight of his lightsaber on his belt when it bumped on the edge of the bench. The sound of the Zeerci wailing. Qui-Gon taking off his robe. The feel and smell of his own robe, rolled up under his head.

He folded his hands over his lower abdomen. The ends of his boots went up to the edge of the padding; just long enough for his twenty year-old body. He could feel the subtle rumble of the transport's engines through the length of his whole body through the bench, bolted to the deck. They had just gone into hyperspace.

Qui-Gon Jinn knelt beside him. And laid one large hand over Obi-Wan's stomach, under his rib cage, the other in the air above that. The shadow of the Zeerci leaders fell on them. Qui-Gon did not need bright light for this. Obi-Wan breathed deeply and closed his eyes.

Flowing through his body, the Force connected to everything around him, the ship, the bench, the Zeerci nearby. And his Master.

Obi-Wan narrowed his focus, his thoughts, inward, to just himself and Qui-Gon. And inside him. Under his Master's hands, the Force strengthened, like heat, penetrating through his clothing, his skin, down to the hard mass in his stomach. Qui-Gon's raised hand tilted, fingers curling, palm turned toward Obi-Wan's head.

The mass moved.

Obi-Wan's abdomen tightened. Qui-Gon's hand froze. Then the Force smoothed over the spasm, from Qui-Gon above, from Obi-Wan below, the mass suspended between them.

In his mind, Obi-Wan saw it, an ovoid of crystaline carbon, its surface so finely faceted, it sparkled with shards of light specked with the tiny stars that were the microscopic etchings of the history of the Zeerci rulers.

The large jewel pushed up into the lower sphincter that led into his stomach and seemed to struggle to get through until the ring of muscle relaxed. Obi-Wan could not discern between his own control and Qui-Gon's.

The choking lump moved up his esophagus. Obi-Wan felt the Force push on it, through Qui-Gon with the subtle, slow control that he strove for. And now he joined in. The hard bulge left a tickling, burning residue behind, but Obi-Wan relaxed all the muscles in his throat, his slow breaths easing it's path.

Its unyielding rounded edges bumped into his upper sphincter, before a quick, strong push with the Force shot it through, past his airway.

Obi-Wan's eyes opened wide.

Lights and a gray metaloid ceiling shocked his sight. A hazardous distraction. His throat trembled with the stifled impulse to choke and vomit.

Qui-Gon's hand blocked out the light from a above.

Mouth opened wide, Obi-Wan exhaled. Long and slow.

The Force spouted the jewel straight upward to hover in the air above him.

Someone cried out, a sound of shock. A white cloth snatched the jewel away.

Obi-Wan's relaxation suddenly transformed into tension, his body gone rigid, reflex returning. He inhaled again, a sudden gasp.

And gagged, coughing.

Qui-Gon's arm grasped his shoulders and lifted him up. His Master supporting him, Obi-Wan felt cool water touch his lips. The water dribbled down his face and chin, but some of it got into his mouth. He sloshed it back and forth, once, then leaned over and spit it out to splat on the deck. The sounds of exaltation from the Z

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely to see Obi-Wan being helped by Qui-Gon and yes another one of your lovely stories.

Great characters as always

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan - what discomfort to have to go through.

Leaning on Qui-Gon's shoulder, Obi-Wan saw the elderly Zeerci excitedly whispering to each other. In open areas of the ship, the exiles would be celebrating the recovery of the symbol of Zeercon's legacy. They would continue to follow their long dead ancestor's teachings, to train themselves to be rulers over others. Train their younglings to be the same. Ignore any reasons why they were overthrown and cast out, exiled to another part of the galaxy.
    Ignorance is bliss - sadly. Perhaps there would have been something more symblic about Obi passing the jewel out the other end. LOL

Qui-Gon had said that it was not their place to judge the Zeerci's situation. They were refugees who needed protection, not criticism or pity. But. . . .
    Oh dear - sometimes that Qui-Gon can be too much of a goody two shoes. ;)

. . . . Obi-Wan thought that the Zeerci would be so much better off if they could see Zeercon's jewel as he did. As a hard, unyielding lump. That needed to be expelled.
    I'm with Obi on that.

Great story, with a thoughtful message. :)

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Another lovely story, Anne. Where do you come up with all these jewels? [face_whistling] Yes, pun intended. :p

5. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Beautiful! =D= =D=

The description of how Obi-Wan brought up this hard lump of... (I just can't call it a jewel knowing what it represents :() and the way Qui-Gon helps was great, showing the use of the force as it did.

But I'm with Obi-Wan on this one:

. . . . Obi-Wan thought that the Zeerci would be so much better off if they could see Zeercon's jewel as he did. As a hard, unyielding lump. That needed to be expelled.

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    The message in this story is clear and unique. The premise is strange, but weird things do happen. Once I was playing a card game with my siblings and one of them threw a card at me and it landed between my teeth. I could totally see Obi-Wan instinctively swallowing the jewel. Loved the lack of dialogue and Qui-Gon's attentiveness. This is one of my absolute favorites of yours. [face_love]

7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan: Oh, Obi-Wan always needs help sometimes. [face_love] Thanks for the reply!

Tahi: Yeah, I guess it might have been symbolic for Obi-Wan to pass it out the other end at that. [face_mischief] But, ooooooh, that would have been painful. Thanks for reading!

p_stotts: Thank-you! Pun well taken. face_raised_brow] I don't know where the stories come from, but I'll keep writing as long as they want to come out.

Seremela: Thanks! :) And Obi-Wan definitely had a lot more wisdom than the Zeercon's

LuvEwan: You caught a card between your teeth? Hmmmmmm, maybe that's a Jedi trait. [face_thinking] ;) Glad you enjoyed the story. Thanks always for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.