main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Drabble Babble The Fourth: Concluded! Obi-Wan babysits! Updated 4/6/11!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Drabble Babble The Fourth!

A/N: Thematically, I?m calling this challenge: Destroying the comfort zone. I?ll be all over the place and, hopefully in all Sagas. I'm wanting to visit characters and pairings that I do not normally right. Thus, stepping out of my comfort zone. And, for those who have read my previous challenges, you can be assured that some of my favorites will definitely be back! Enjoy!

Week 1 - 4/6/09 - provided by brodiew

Flash in the pan

Boots smacked on wet, muddy ground as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker raced into the swarm of attacking droids. Metal parts flew and splashed heavily into the sodden ground. Obi-Wan wondered how the Confederacy justified their droid expenses.

He felt the danger almost too late. Obi-Wan saw the mortar round screaming right toward them.

?Anakin jump! NOW!? Obi-Wan screamed as he Force leaped into the air.

The two men landed half in half out of a water filled crater. ?Thanks for the warning, Master.?

?We can?t have the ?Hero With No Fear? being a ?Flash in the Pan?. Can we??

Out on a limb

It wasn?t that Ahsoka was incompetent, but Anakin tired of having to rescue her. She was brash, reckless, and, unlike him, couldn?t back up her desire to be a hero.

How many times would he have to put himself and his troops out on a limb to get her to safety?

Both Yoda and Obi-Wan say she is like him. She is not. They just want show him how his action affect others. They wanted him to look in the mirror and see his own faults in her. But all he could see how superior he was?to all of them.

Out of the blue

Padme Amidala didn?t know how to relax without him. With her husband, Anakin, at war and in constant danger, she tried to busy herself with work. Almost every night she fell asleep exhausted from the days work.

Tonight was no different. She flopped on the couch and began to drift?

?Padme??

She heard voice, but it couldn?t be real. It was a dream.

?Are you real, Anakin?? she whispered dreamily.

?Very real,? he said, tracing his fingers down her thighs.

She shot into a sitting position so fast they knocked heads. ?You?re home!?

?Yes, My Love,? he chuckled. ?I?m home.?

Wet behind the ears

?You will learn, quickly, Padawan, that I am a stickler for punctuality,? intoned Qui-Gon Jinn. ?Tardiness will get you extra duties. Understand??

The rusty haired initiate stood straight and listened to his new Master?s litany of does and don?ts even as they left the council chambers.

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan Kenobi managed after catching an admonishing look from the long haired Jedi.

Once they had cleared the doors, a smile lit Qui-Gon?s face.

Obi-Wan regarded him carefully.

?I wouldn?t worry too much about that little display, Obi-Wan. It was for them. Now, how about you and I get to know each other??

Heat of the moment

For the man who used to be named Revan, the allure of bloodshed and destruction had lost its flavor. Blood was no longer his drink of choice and conquered worlds no longer filled his stomach.

Bastilla was the one who provided his sustenance. She filled his waking thoughts and danced across his dreams. There was no real dancing; more blaster fire and flashes of her lightsaber. Those were good things to dream about.

But his dreams shifted and an ocean of fire filled the sky. Red eyes and an iron jaw emerged, laughing maniacally.

?Malak!? he screamed as he awoke.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Very nice. Pretty arrogant of Anakin towards Ahsoka, though.

Loved Qui with Obi.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved your Obi Qui drabble and that one with Revan.

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    These are great, brodiew. I especially like the Qui-Gon and The Revan ones.

Blood was no longer his drink of choice and conquered worlds no longer filled his stomach.
    That was an awesome line. :) I like the focus on his appetite and how it has changed. =D= Very poetic.

5. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Good writing!
    Typical Qui-Gon there:p

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved those!

Especially the revolving time frames - very nice!

They wanted him to look in the mirror and see his own faults in her. But all he could see how superior he was?to all of them.

That is so typical of Anakin. [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

Great job on these. I look forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: Thanks for reading, Valairy. I agree that Anakin is harsh, here. But I prefer to think of this as near the end of the war. That puts Anakin?s thought process in a little better focus. Not yet Vader, but still highly self involved. I?m glad you liked Qui-Obi! I?ll be working more with them in this thread.

earlybird-obi-wan: Good to see you here, earlybird. I?m glad you enjoyed the Revan one. I?m actually pretty proud of that one. My knowledge of the era is limited, but I have the general idea.

Tahi: Thanks for reading, Tahi. I?m glad you stopped in. Yeah, that Revan one is my favorite of the group. It definitely felt more literary than the rest. I?ll be visiting Revan more as well. But I need to research the era.

I had fun with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. More to come.

GeneralKenobi7: I appreciate you reading, General. I hope to see more of you.

KELIA: Kelia. Thanks for coming in. I also enjoyed writing ?out on a limb?. For some reason I must have been channeling Vader because the voice here as absolutely his.

8. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Week 2 - 4/13/09 - provided by path-seeker

Impossible

Meditation did not come easy for Darth Vader as he settled into his isolation chamber. Palpatine had just chastised him on his lagging mission to destroy all vestiges of the Jedi. The two most important names on that list had just been thrown in his face: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda. He could handle; would handle Kenobi when the time came, but the troll had been a thorn in his side from the beginning. He was proving impossible to find. Perhaps it was time to turn over the galaxy?s least likely rocks. He was out there. Hide forever, he could not.

Unlikely

?I told you Mistress Padme,? C-3PO whined. ?I said it was unlikely that he would wear it.?

?Unlikely?? Anakin said, incredulously. ?Definitely not is more like it.?

?This is a special occasion on Naboo, Ani,? Padme pleaded. ?All men will be wearing them. It commemorates the end of the last Great War.?

?They do know that we?re in the middle of a war right now, don?t they?? Anakin replied.

?Don?t change the subject. They don?t have to know you?re my husband, but they?ll notice if you?re not wearing the arm band.?

?But, Padme, it?s yellow.?

?You could use some color.?

Reasonable

?Be reasonable, Master!? Obi-Wan exclaimed. ?Cleaning up the messes you leave behind is not dignified.?

?I never mentioned the word, Padawan,? Qui-Gon replied lazily. ?I said discipline.?

Obi-Wan sighed. ?I was done with this kind of discipline as an initiate, Master. Can we try some thing a little more advanced??

?Excellent idea, Obi-Wan. What would you suggest??

The young boy threw up his hands in exasperation. ?A mission, maybe? Perhaps some exercises in the knowing the will of the Force? Lightsaber practice??

?Wonderful ideas all, Padawan, but something is definitely missing??

Obi-Wan eyed his Master wearily. ?What is that??

?Fun.?

Probable

?Fun?? Obi-Wan said, perplexed. ?What has that got to do with Jedi training??

?Come now, Young One,? Qui-Gon said, handing his padawan his outer robe. ?You can?t be this serious minded.?

Obi-Wan grinned. ?Not that serious, Master. Just bored.?

?Such impertinence,? Qui-Gon said in a faux stern voice. ?There is plenty of time for the formality of being a Jedi, Obi-Wan. You have already learned the basics. Other Masters may want to jump right into the deep end. I prefer to ease into things. Let?s take a drive. I think it would be fun for you to see the city.?

Definite

Ahsoka Tano desperately wished that she could be teamed with the Jedi hero from her own world, Shaak-Ti. She had admired the older Jedi for years as she graduated from the Creche into initiate status. When word came down that she was to be placed with Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, the disappointment was minor. He, too, was a hero and a dashingly handsome one at that. Shaak-Ti would understand. Besides, Skywalker was always on the front lines and she definitely couldn?t wait to see some action. Her lightsaber was ready. But what type of Master would a fearless hero be?

9. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Good job! The last one was my favorite; it really revealed a lot for only a hundred words.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the little story and banter between Obi and Qui.
    And Darth Vader speaking the Yoda way; Hide forever, he could not. [face_laugh]

The last one with Ahsoka was nice

11. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    And again four good drabbles!
    [face_laugh] The second one was really good - Anakin can be quite finicky, can't he?
    I think you captured Ashoka's thoughts quite well=D=

12. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    TheMacUnleashed: Thanks for reading, Mac. I?m trying to include Ahsoka, even though she?s not a favorite character. I do enjoy ?clone wars?. I?m glad you enjoyed it. She?s not so bad really.

earlybird-obi-wan: I appreciate your continued support, earlybird. I?ll be doing a lot more Qui-Obi in coming weeks. Look for some Siriwan was well!

GeneralKenobi7: Thanks for coming back, General. I?m glad you enjoyed the Anakin one. Yeah, I had fun with Ahsoka in this one.

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Perks up - Siriwan?

Loved the Qui-Obi ones again. "Fun"!

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Fun?? Obi-Wan said, perplexed. ?What has that got to do with Jedi training??

Obi, Obi, Obi *sigh*

Everybody needs a little fun in their lives. Glad Qui-Gon was there to insist on it :p

I really enjoyed Definite. It's nice to see Ahsoka's pov.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: thanks for coming back Valairy. I appreciate you reading. More Siriwan to come. I'm glad you liked the Qui-Obi. Much more of that to come.

Kelia: HI Kelia. I'm so thankful for your regular support. "Yeah, Obi needs to know that there is more life than Philosophy. :p

A/N: No Qui-Obi this week. But there is Obi-Aniish, Han and Lando, Siriwan, and dash of the Rogues!

Week 3 - 4/20/09 - provided by DaenaBenjen42

Truth

?Why do you continue to entertain such thoughts, Siri?? Obi-Wan said, desperately trying to retain some semblance of moral high ground. ?It?s not productive.?

Siri arched an angry eyebrow. ?Productive? Really? You want to go with productive??

?What?s going on here, Siri?? Obi-Wan asked, concerned. ?I thought we agreed on how to handle our feelings.?

?Does it look like I?m handling it well??

Obi-Wan had seen her eyes ablaze before, even in relation to their feelings.

?Do you regret our decision??

?Obi, sometimes the only way to get something through your thick skull is to beat you over the head.?

Trust

Eight year old Anakin Skywalker did not fully understand the events surrounding Master Qui-Gon?s death, but he could see that his new guardian had taken the Jedi?s death to heart.

It was weird to be with Obi-Wan. He had never given Anakin much attention Qui-Gon was around. Now, he acted like caring for the boy was just another one of his chores.
    Anakin knew chores well. He didn?t like them either. He wanted to trust the young Jedi, but Obi-Wan?s sadness was making it hard.

Anakin approached the rusty haired Jedi as he meditated. ?Do you want me to leave, Master??

Honor

It was dark in the torture chamber. Vader decided to take a break. Han couldn?t hear the kriffin? creepy mechanical breathing that accompanied his captor?s ministrations.

He was in pain and he was exhausted. But Lando was who he blamed. Vader is what Vader is. Lando put him here. His mind began to wander. Were they ever friends? What had he expected from the man?

A door slid open and Han tensed, but said nothing.

?Han?? whispered the smooth, but apprehensive voice. ?You there??

?You?re dead, Lando,? Han spat.

?Fair enough. But, I?m still getting you out of here alive.?

Loyalty

?And, just how are you planning to do that?? Han asked incredulous. ?Vader?s in the next room. And, I thought you?re hands were tied.?

?I?m trying to do the right thing, Han!? Lando hissed. ?You try maneuvering when you?re boxed in all sides!?

?No excuses, Lando,? hand replied. ?If it were just me, I could deal with your knife in the back. But Chewie and Leia are deal breakers.?

?You?re a real bastard.?

?It?s gotten me this far.?

?Shut up and listen. I think I can get you out of here, but it?s going to cost me everything.?

?Tell me.?

Love

There is an unspoken bond between pilots; men of war in general. It?s ingrained in their psyche from training through full combat. It?s something few will admit aloud?unless they are too drunk to know what they?re saying. Observe the Rogue Squadron pilot:

?I love you, Man!? exclaimed Wes Janson as he mauled his commander, Wedge Antilles; sloshing ale on the man?s vest. ?You?re the bestest commander this slide of Adumire!?

?Thanks, Wes. I think.?

?They aught to give you a metal!?

?Why is that, Wes??

?Cuz of what you did Hobblie.?

?It?s my job.?

?Lotta love is all I?m sayin?.?

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Love the drabbles, man (to pull a phrase from the last drabble) :D.

Very good!

17. amphetamine47

amphetamine47 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2006
    GREAT STUFF.

Very revealing, very concise. I especially loved your Obi-Wan & Qui Gon...and the Rogues, of course. Lovely, can't wait to read more!

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely SiriWan and Han and the humor in the last one.

Great set=D==D=

19. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    I loved the first one!

?Obi, sometimes the only way to get something through your thick skull is to beat you over the head.?
    [face_laugh] Yeah, she got that right.

The others were good, too, though.

20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thank you all for the great responses. They are a great encouragemet. This week is again all over the SAGA. I hope you enjoy!

Week 4 - 4/27/09 - provided by Jade_eyes

Gaze (follow up to last week?s Trust)

Obi-Wan opened his eyes and gazed down at the eight year old boy. His mind and heart were a myriad of feelings of grief, duty, obligation, and pity. Where had the pity come from? He had not expected to feel anything for the boy. He was too busy being angry; angry at Qui-Gon for leaving, angry at Qui-Gon for making him promise, angry at the council for agreeing. But the Force had touched him during his most recent meditation. Anakin was a person, a boy, far away from home; scared. He smiled.

?No, Young One. I want you to stay.?

Wink

?I don?t appreciate that!?

?What??

?The way you winked at me. It?s too familiar.?

?Familiar.?

?And it makes me feel like you?re objectifying me.?

?Is that so bad for a princess??

??I?m not that kind of princess.?

?I?ll say.?

?What?s that supposed to mean??

?I?m just glad you?re feeling anything.?

?So, now you don?t think I have feelings??

?You aren?t the friendliest person I?ve ever met.?

?I?m a military commander, Han. Not a school teacher.?

?That wouldn?t be a good profession for you either. You lack approachability.?

?Not the point. How warm and fuzzy am I supposed to be??

?More.?

Distance

?How do you feel about our upcoming camping trip, Padawan?? asked Qui-Gon Jinn, sensing some apprehension in his charge.

?Based on what you have told me, Master, it will be quite a long hike from where the transport drops us.?

?Yes,? the Jedi Master responded thoughtfully, stroking his shaggy beard. ?That is true.?

?You also mentioned that we will not be using the Force on this journey at all.?

?That is true as well, Obi-Wan. You are no stranger to physical exertion. What troubles you??

?Bant said there are savage wildebeasts out there.?

Qui-Gon smiled. ?Not where we?re going, Obi-Wan.?

Cold as Ice

Wedge Antilles shivered as snow rained onto his helmet. This should not have been possible in the hanger, inside the blast shield, nowhere near the snow on the ground, outside. But, none the less, here is was standing in a knee high pile of the soft stuff. He had been cold the moment he stepped from his X-Wing. Now, he felt like a block of ice taken out to make this base. He looked up and saw the make shift contraption strategic placed above the crew quarters entrance. How could they know they would get him? Or did they care?

Eternal Flame

There would always be fire in Obi-Wan Kenobi?s heart; an eternal flame lit by the sight of his incinerated padawan. It is a constant reminder of his failure?as a father, a brother, a Jedi Master, and as one who was supposed to show him the difference between right and wrong.

As he watches over the boy, Luke, from a distance, he wonders if he will ever meet his padawan again. Will Luke be able to reach Anakin in a way he could not? Is a son?s love more potent than a father?s? Or is love where this ?father? went wrong?

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved your Obi drabbles. Love was what went wrong with Anakin.

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    As good as they all are, I especially like Wink and Gaze.

23. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    Wink and Eternal Flame were both really good - I [face_love] them. You manage to get quite a load of emotion (or jokes) in one drabble:D

24. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks for reading earlybird. Nice new icon. That?s your art right? Yeah, Anakin could have used a little more understanding. If Qui-Gon had trained him things might have been different.

Valairy_Scot: Good to see you, Valairy. Wink was fun. I just went with the randomness. With Gaze, I wanted Obi-Wan to step outside of his own greif and consider Anakin?s position.

GeneralKenobi7: Thank you, General. Eternal Flame was written with Obi-Wan?s guilt in mind, but I don?t like to dwell there because most of his guilt is unfounded. But I also wanted there to be a spot of hope in Luke.

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Week 3: ?Obi, sometimes the only way to get something through your thick skull is to beat you over the head.?

You've found his one flaw :p

Loved Truth

Week 4: I enjoyed the bantering in Wink.

You captured Han and Leia very well.

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.