main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Close Shave - Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, one-post, There's more than one way to shave a Jedi.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Close Shave
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: drama, romance
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, OCs
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi, shave, insti-plas
    Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan perform a valuable service for a planet in need.
    Notes: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers do not catch being my speciality - if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters and the Star Wars universe belong to George and Lucasfilm; I am just playing in their sandbox.

Lights flashed in the darkness. Barely visible through his closed eyelids, under the close-fitting eye coverings.

A loud repetitive warning blared, thundering through the swirling, vibrating air. Muffled by the hastily applied protection partially stuffed into his ear canals. Infinitesimally small, but still perceptible, tiny flakes, specks and particles in the air impacted the insti-plas skin covering his nearly naked body.

The patterned floor under his sheathed feet trembled. A wide door opened before him, adding a faint yellow hue to the repeating orange interrupting the dark behind his eyelids. The deadly threat of weapons powering up, clicking into place, prepared for destruction, the sound echoing distantly in the mini-maelstrom in the dark cavernous vault.

Obi-Wan Kenobi felt it all inside him. Saw it, heard it, tasted the energies of life and power through the Force. He seemed to float on it with each forward step, connecting him to the cavernous vault around him, the weapons on all sides, the metaloid floor, the angry air and his Master on the opposite side of the massive security box that glided ahead of them.

Arms raised, he guided the hardened metalloid cube in unison with Qui-Gon Jinn, a trivial for either of them. With the Force.

The box approached the opening, hovering closer and closer to the energy shield.

The lead edge of it impacted and passed through the energy barrier, but Obi-Wan felt only insignificant resistance. The box passed though, the energy a thick line belting it, sliding down its length before passed through the barrier like a ship docking. The yellow glow of the room beyond the shield barrier now dominated the darkness behind his eyelids.

Qui-Gon's hand touched the shield barrier first. Then his arm.

Then Obi-Wan's hand touched the energy wall, and with a little push it went in.

The force field prickled him mercilessly through the insti-plas sheathing his skin, but Obi-Wan's attention remained on the secure box, still floating ahead of them.

Both arms were inside the shield barrier, his left hand already past it. The rest of him went in as he continued steadily forward. Energy jabbed his body everywhere as he passed through, looking for vulnerable flesh to incinerate, snapping against the temporary sheathing that protected him.

He left the shield wall behind, his heel the last bit of him to feel its sting. Qui-Gon had passed through as well. Their only remaining task, the secure box, floated peacefully over a reinforced plastoid pallet and descended, it's weight, more than twenty times the two adult Jedi combined, settled into place. The Force swelled around it, filling the room.

Through his feet, he felt the rumble of the anteroom's massive door closing behind them, ponderously coming down over the opening.

Obi-Wan lowered his arms.

And was still.

Completely, utterly, still.

A quick, de-contaminating flash made even the insides of Obi-Wan's eyelids bright. Then it quickly faded away.

He pushed outward with a breath of only the Force. It ripped out the waxy plug filling his mouth and he took in air.

The life-giving oxygen filled his lungs as he let go of the Force that had sustained his strength for the retrieval of the secure box from the hostile vault now behind and sealed off. He felt how badly this primal need had been held off. He gasped in air, letting his

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    You did it[face_laugh] both naked and shaved in an exiting story and loved the interaction between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon

3. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    That was cool. Very clever.=D=

4. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    your imagination is just awe-inspiring!

5. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I grovel at your feet. This was amazing---up until those robes showed up, of course. :rolleyes:

6. Xaja_Silversheen

Xaja_Silversheen Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2009
    *giggle* That was awesome! Loved it!! :)

Kudos!

7. nada_smith

nada_smith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2006
    How I missed this, I'll never know. The poor Jedi get into the most uncomfortable situations. I could just imagine those chunks of whatever hanging on a hair. Ouch!

Great job! I think you've definitely earned your third black belt in imaginative torture! :p

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I read this earlier and didn't get to leave a reply (an uncooperative parrot in my lap). But I did want to say =D= =D= =D=

9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan, charie, ratna, LuvEwan, Xaja_Silversheen, nada_smith, VaderLVR64

Thanks all! Yes, I admit that the inspiration was to get them naked, and shaved, and shaving each other. And keep it within TOS. A tough mission, but no for Jedi. :D But Jedi do love their robes; no way to deny them that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.