main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Episode I Reimagined : The Beginning (Reimagined AU TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Duragizer, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    Title : The Beginning

Author : DuracellEnergizer

Characters : Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé

Genre : Action, Adventure

Era : TPM (AU)

Summary : The year is 47 BBY. The Neimoidian Federation has invaded the peaceful world of Naboo under the orders of the sinister Sith Lord Maul. Fighting against time, the Galactic Republic sends a fleet to repel the invasion force. Assigned to the mission : Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan Qui-Gon Jinn ...

Notes : The Beginning is a reimagining of A Phantom Menace, so don't expect any of the characters or events to exist as you've come to know them. This also is in the form of a screenplay rather than in the form of a short story or novel; I hope that doesn't deter you from reading it.

2. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    TITLE CARD : A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ...

A vast sea of stars serves as the main backdrop for the main title, followed by a roll up, which crawls up into infinity.

EPISODE I - THE BEGINNING

It is a time of uncertainty, a time of war. The Galactic Republic is at war with an incomprehensible enemy. Law and order stand at a breaking point. Chaos reigns.

Taking advantage of the universal strife, the nefarious Federation Neimoidia, a confederacy of mercenaries, has invaded the peaceful world of Naboo. Their army of battle droids, more than the humble military of Naboo can repel, seek to depose the Royal Family of Naboo and usurp their rule.

In a race against time the King and Queen of Naboo hope to send their children to a place of safety among their allies the Gungans, to secure the continued existence of their government and their loyal bloodline.

Pan down from a star-lit sky to the Palace of Theed, which is surrounded by well-cared for trees and trimmed green grass. Fifteen Naboo soldiers are at the palace's front steps, firing their blasters at something before them. The soldiers are quickly cut down by return blaster fire.

A company of Neimodian battle droids move forward, trampling the dead soldiers underfoot, battering at the heavy front doors.

INT. NABOO - PALACE - THRONE ROOM - EVENING

The palace King and Queen tearfully bid farewell to their three children.

King Ruwee is in his mid fifties, with grey hair and blue eyes. Queen Jobal, slightly younger, has black hair with intense green eyes. The children share all the same features - dark hair with brown eyes. Sola is twenty-five, Padmé is fourteen, and Amber is five. With them are sixteen loyal bodyguards, lead by Captain Panaka.

SOLA : Mother, father - you have to come with us. You don't have to stay here!

QUEEN JOBAL : We can't go with you.

KING RUWEE : It has to be this way. We saw how this was going to turn out. We have no choice in the matter.

PADMÉ : We've all had flashes that never came true! Why is it any different this time?

KING RUWEE : Because this time is different.

SOLA : How can you know?

KING RUWEE : Because I know! ... I don't know how, but me and your mother know.

AMBER : Why ... ?

QUEEN JOBAL : You will be safe with Boss Nass in Otoh Gunga. A courier has been dispatched to Coruscant with news of the invasion. You will be safe with the Gungans until the Senate sends a fleet to rescue you.

SOLA : I don't think it should be this way.

INT. NABOO - PALACE - ENTRANCE HALL - EVENING

The great front doors to the palace are smashed in. A single armed guard is swiftly cut down as the battle droids surge into the great cooridor.

QUEEN JOBAL : Remember that we love you. All of you. (to Panaka) Captain Panaka?

CAPT. PANAKA : Yes, Your Highness!

QUEEN JOBAL : Take them out back, quickly. Time is definately not on our side.

CAPT. PANAKA : Yes, m'lady. (to the children) Come children - Princess Sola.

The bodyguards firmly grab hold of the children, dragging them away from their parents.

AMBER : I love you Mom!

The bodyguards take the children to a door at the back of the throne room, and disappear through it.

KING RUWEE : (taking Jobal's hand in his) So this is it.

QUEEN RUWEE : I do love you.

The droids break into the throne room. The Royal Couple turn to face the machines as they approach them, weapons levelled at them.

BATTLE DROID : Your children - we want them.

QUEEN JOBAL : They're gone.

KING RUWEE : You'll never hurt them.

Before they can say another word the droids open fire, quickly cutting them down.

3. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. NABOO - PALACE - COURTYARD - EVENING

The children flee the palace through a back door with their bodyguards into a courtyard. On the grass sit two vehicles: a sleek, silver starcruiser - blackened by weapons' fire and inoperable - and a land speeder.

The children and their bodyguards run toward the protection of the speeder, and begin to climb aboard in a hurry. Bodyguard Ric Olié settles in behind the controls.

A lone battle droid comes from the around the side of the palace, entering the courtyard. The droid spots the Naboo, and opens fire. Sola is hit in the back and goes down.

PADMÉ : Sola! No! Sola!

As Padmé struggles to lift her elder sister into the cockpit Panaka roughly pulls her in, and a pendant with a small aquamarine crystal snaps off Sola's neck, coming away in the Princess's hand.

CAPT. PANAKA : (to Ric Olié) Go. Let's go!

Several droids arrive to assist their comrades, opening fire as the speeder zooms off past the blasted ruin of the royal starcruiser into the safety of the swamp beyond the courtyard.

INT. NABOO - PALACE - PALPATINE'S OFFICE - EVENING

Vizier Dantius Palpatine sits at his desk, asleep in his chair. Palpatine is a rather inconspicuous looking man, with bland features and dark hair, in his early sixties.

The office door is forced open, waking Palpatine as battle droids swarm into the room.

PALPATINE : What? What is - ?

The lead droid seizes Palpatine's hair in its metal fist, toppling the chair over and dragging the Vizier onto the floor. Palpatine begins to curse the robot.

DROID COMMANDER : (turning its blaster on him) If you resist you will be processed.

Palpatine backs down, and the droid commander drags him from the room.

Two columns of battle droids occupy the throne room, standing on either side of the central cerulean carpet facing each other. Between the two columns crouch twelve of the palace servants, hands behind their heads, with eight armed droids keeping their weapons trained on them.

Surveying the captives is the menacing Kaleesh Qymaen jai Sheelal, Supreme Commander of the droid army.

He looks up away from the captives as the droid leader dragging Dantius Palpatine enters the chamber from a side door.

COMMANDER SHEELAL : Ah. We shall soon be settling down to business.

The droid leader with its contingent of battle droids passes through one of the droid columns, pulling Palpatine down the central carpet to Sheelal. The droid pushes the Vizier to his knees before the Supreme Commander.

COMMANDER SHEELAL : You are Dantius Palpatine - vizier to the Royal Couple and their children. If anyone knows where the brats were sent, it would be you.

PALPATINE : Their Highnesses didn't put me in their confidence. I don't know where they went and couldn't begin to imagine where they could go. Regardless, I wouldn't tell you a thing, you scum.

COMMANDER SHEELAL : So it is ...

Sheelal smacks the Vizier across the face, knocking him back and over.

COMMANDER SHEELAL : (to the droid commander) Send scouts out into the swamps. The children will not have gone far, so you can catch them if you move fast enough.

The commanding droid bows its head in acknowledgement, silently broadcasting Sheelal's orders to its fellow droids waiting outside the palace.

Sheelal turns to face the throne room entrance as a battle droid enters the chamber, a mobile holographic projector following along behind it.

BATTLE DROID : Incoming message, my lord. His Honour Viceroy Nute Gunray wishes to hear a progress report.

COMMANDER SHEELAL : Patch it through.

A beam of light is projected from the small tripod, forming a blue 3D image of Neimoidian Viceroy Nute Gunray and his aide Rune Haako.

NUTE GUNRAY : How goes it, Supreme Commander? Have you processed the Naboo Royal Family?

COMMANDER SHEELAL : My droids have finished the King and Queen as well as Princess Sola. The other two brats escaped.

NUTE GUNRAY : You are to find

4. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. NABOO - SWAMP - DAY

The Royal Children and their bodyguards move through the swamp. They wind their way through the tall trees and the thick foliage, following a narrow path, taking as much care as possible to be silent and keep themselves from being seen.

AMBER : Stupid speeder ... Couldn't get past the trees, could it. Had to get stuck, didn't it. (to Panaka) I'm tired of this. My legs are cramping up.

PADMÉ: Shhh, Amber. This is hard on all of us. This'll be over soon. I promise.

CAPT. PANAKA : Don't worry, little prince. We're heading toward a lake that has underwater tunnels that'll take us to the Gungan city. The lake is close. We're almost there.

PADMÉ : A group of Gungans will be waiting to take us to Otoh Gunga. We won't have to go there on our own.

CAPT. PANAKA : (hearing a sound) Quiet! What's that? Listen.

Standing completely still, they notice the low, distant whine of approaching droid aerial platforms (STAPs). Moving fast Panaka searches the area around, and finds a small shallow bog half-hidden beneath the deep flora of the swamp.

CAPT. PANAKA : (to his men) Take the children and get into the bog. Cover yourself!

The bodyguards hurry over to the bog, dragging the Royal Children with them to the bog, and roughly push them into the stagnant water. Panaka and his men slowly lower themselves in after the children, keeping their heads and shoulders above the mire and hidden behind the foliage, moving their blasters into firing position.

A convoy of droids slowly cruise by, moving along the path they were following. The droids survey the area, looking out for their quarry, but fail to spot them.

The droids soon move out of view, disappearing into the thick trees.

PADMÉ : Is it safe to come out now?

CAPT. PANAKA : I think so. We should be careful though. They could come back.

The Royal Children and their bodyguards draw themselves out of the murky water, stepping onto dry ground and wring the moisture from their clothes.

Panaka tentatively peers down the direction the droids took. He signals the others to come to him. They join the captian.

CAPT. PANAKA : We'll have to take an alternate route to the lake. We don't want to come up behind those battle droids.

A line of blaster fire suddenly flashes past, missing their heads by centimeters, and shatters the branch of a nearby tree - sending its leaves ablaze.

A sole battle droid - a straggler - zooms down the path firing its guns.

CAPT. PANAKA : Kids, duck! (To his men) Open fire on that thing!

Ric Olié tackles Padmé and Amber to the ground as the aerial droid speeds by them, and the bodyguards aim and fire at the machine. Their blaster fire strikes the droid before it can reorient itself and evade, demolishing both the machine and its floating platform.

CAPT. PANAKA : We gotta get moving. Let's go!

Ric Olié takes Amber into his arms. They take a detour off to the left of the path and run through the thick trees as the convoy of battle droids backtrack to their position, opening fire.

A few droids try to follow them on their STAPs, but are unable to maneuver past the thick trees and end up blowing themselves up against the massive trunks.

The Naboo try to stay together, trying to huddle close to one another and run through the ingrown trunks at the same time. Padmé looks behind her to see the droids now following them on foot.

PADMÉ : Captain Panaka, they're following us!

CAPT. PANAKA : Just hold on, girl. We're almost there.

EXT. NABOO - SHORELINE - DAY

The heirs and their protectors finally break through the final line of trees, setting foot on the vast shoreline of a gigantic lake.

Far to the distance at their right stand a contingent of Gungan warriors beside a partially submerged bongo submarine. The Gungan warriors are tall, lean frog-like creatures, armed with unusually shaped blasters.

The Naboo begin to run toward the Gungans. As they cross the shore the battle droids emerge from the trees. The machines gain chase, firing

5. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. CORUSCANT - SPACE

A small bright streak of light flashes into existence, transforming into a Naboo courier ship. The craft flies on an unsteady course into Coruscant's orbit.

INT. SPACE - COURIER SHIP - COCKPIT

The courier, a short man in his mid twenties, struggles to stablize his turbulent trajectory, fighting with the ship's controls. His pulls the goggles over his eyes up and off, wiping the sweat from his brow as he does so.

COURIER : No good ... No good ... This is not good.

EXT. CORUSCANT - SPACE

One of the courier ship's engines suddenly flashes bright, throwing the whole craft into a spin. The craft tumbles toward a giant orbiting mirror.

It strikes the reflective surface of the mirror, damaging the fragile material, and careens off, falling into Coruscant's atmosphere in an uncontrolled re-entry.

INT. SPACE - COURIER SHIP - COCKPIT

Klaxons begin to blare and warning lights begin to flash. The courier flips a number of switches and presses a couple buttons.

COURIER : Lateral controls are gone now?! Dammit it all to hell! Why is this happening to - !

EXT. CORUSCANT - LATE DAY

Several Coruscanti civilians notice the courier ship as it descends from the sky trailing smoke, pointing with looks of heavy concern on their faces.

INT. CORUSCANT - COURIER SHIP - COCKPIT - LATE DAY

COURIER : Please hold together, baby, please? You hear me you piece of junk? Hold together. Hold together long enough for me to land you and safely get the hell out.

EXT. CORUSCANT - PLAZA - LATE DAY

The courier manages to stabilize the craft just enough to make a safe, but rough, landing on a plaza. A crowd gathers as fire & medical units arrive on the scene.

The ship's outer hatch opens, and the pilot staggers out. Medics rush to aid him. The courier collapses to the ground. The medics get to him and start to lift him into a stretcher.

MEDIC : Are you hurt? Did you sustain injuries on the way in? Sir, can you hear me?

PILOT : I - I have to speak to the Senate - the Chancellor! The Federation - the Neimoidians have taken over Naboo. I have to get help - !

MEDIC : It will all be taken care. For now let us help you. Let's get you looked at.

PILOT : You don't understand! The Royal Family sent me. We have to get back to them in time!

MEDIC: (to his colleagues) Let's get him out of here.

INT. CORUSCANT - CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE - SUNSET

Members of the Jedi Council - Yoda, Mace Windu, Even Piell and Eeth Koth - discuss the crisis on Naboo with Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum.

The Jedi wear close-fitting black uniforms, complete with dark cloaks customary of Jedi Masters. Valorum is an elderly man - in his late seventies or early eighties - with pale white hair.

He puts his hand on top of his deck, trailing his fingers across its surface, before taking a seat behind it.

VALORUM : You now see why I need your help in this mission, Masters. I'm sure our men are capable of doing the job, but you have a way of getting things done. In your capable hands we can succeed.

MACE WINDU: We're touched by your flattery, Chancellor, but you give us too much credit. Even with the Force with us this will be a difficult undertaking.

VALORUM : No doubt it will be so, Master Windu. Which is why I'm asking for you to put your best Jedi on this assignment.

EVEN PIELL : Our best?

VALORUM : Indeed. If it is not too much to ask ...

YODA : The fleet ... Around Alderaan it amasses, yes?

VALORUM : It does, Master.

YODA : Stationed there is Obi-Wan my old Padawan. Assisting the rebuilding effort. With him is his apprentice Qui-Gon Jinn.

MACE WINDU : Yes. He wouldn't have far to travel.

YODA : To this mission we will assign Obi-Wan and his apprentice. A good choice is he for the rescue mission - a perfect choice.

VALORUM : Your assistance is appreciated, Master Yoda. I am sure the heirs to Naboo's throne will thank you.

6. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    INT. SPACE - NUTE GUNRAY?S PERSONAL FLAGSHIP - CORRIDOR

Viceroy Nute Gunray slinks down the empty corridor, coming to a door. Looking down both ends of the hallway to make certain that no one is around the Neimoidian opens the door.

He quickly enters the dim chamber beyond, and the door closes behind him.

INT. SPACE - NUTE GUNRAY?S PERSONAL FLAGSHIP - NUTE GUNRAY'S PERSONAL CHAMBERS

Gunray steps into a darkened room. In the centre sits a large holographic display.

At his approach the display surges into life, displaying the image of a horned shadowy figure clad in red-and black robes - the Zabrak Sith Lord Maul.

MAUL : Speak.

NUTE GUNRAY : We have secured hold of Naboo, my liege. We had the city of Theed bombarded, just as you requested, and stormed the palace. The battle droids disposed of King and Queen Amidala and the Princess Sola.

MAUL : And what of Amber and Padmé Amidala?

NUTE GUNRAY : Ah, yes - yes! As you see, my lord ...

MAUL : Out with it, you blithering worm.

NUTE GUNRAY : Yes, lord. See, I - I mean we. We ... The droids -

MAUL : (angry) Now!

NUTE GUNRAY : They escaped us - twice.

MAUL : Twice ...

NUTE GUNRAY : At the palace, and in the swamps. The Gungans - this world's aboriginals - are helping them. We know that they live in underwater cities. We're attempting to find the one nearest the area they escaped from.

MAUL : You stupid fool - the Naboo are allied with them! You didn't stop to think that they would assist the Royal Family beforehand?!

NUTE GUNRAY : My lord, we didn't think -

MAUL : Precisely! You don't think. You are as stupid as you are incompetent.

NUTE GUNRAY : Liege -

MAUL : Shut up. I will hear no more of your pitiful excuses.

NUTE GUNRAY : As you wish, my lord. I serve only to please you.

MAUL : (cont?d) Once you have found the Gungan city have it destroyed. We will not be taking any chances with these children. I want them dead.

NUTE GUNRAY : Yes, liege. As you command. (cont'd) I ...

MAUL : I sense you have something more to say?

NUTE GUNRAY : My lord, the Republic will not stand for this. I fear we will be facing a retaliation from them sooner rather than later.

MAUL : You must tighten your hold on the planet. Have a solid blockade established in orbit above Naboo. Have a second fleet brought to the system to reinforce the one already in place. Have a surprise waiting for any armada sent against you.

NUTE GUNRAY : My lord ... the majority of the Federation fleet is preoccupied at the moment. There are other battles being fought. Also, this campaign is unsanctioned. The Cloners have given us leave to pursue our own endeavours, but not at the cost of their own victory. It would be a risky move to siphon off ships for this battle.

MAUL : Viceroy, if you fail me there will be more to worry about than persecution from either the Republic or the Cloners. I promise you this.

NUTE GUNRAY : A second armada will be brought to the system.

MAUL : Serve me well, Viceroy. You will be soon rewarded.

The Viceroy bows before the Dark Lord's image, and the hologram passes it's hand over the Neimoidian's form. The hologram dissolves, and the display grows dark.

7. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. ALDERAAN - SPACE

Several Republic Dreadnaughts and destroyers leave the surface of the blue world of Alderaan, flowing together into a massive armada.

A small shuttle moves with the larger cruisers off the planet on a course toward the titanic Dreadnaught flagship Sunsabre.

INT. SPACE - SHUTTLE - PASSENGERS DECK

Two Jedi, a master and an apprentice, sit together in uncomfortable seats.

The older Jedi is Obi-Wan Kenobi. He is thirty years old, his brown hair cropped short except for the two braids that hang down from his temples. Qui-Gon is sixteen years old, with his long thick hair tied up in a loose bun atop his head.

Qui-Gon stares out the window to his side, an expression of uncertainty on his face.

QUI-GON : I have a bad feeling about this.

OBI-WAN : I don't sense anything.

QUI-GON : It's not about the mission, master. It's something ... elsewhere ... elusive.

OBI-WAN : Don't center on your anxiety, Qui-Gon. Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs.

QUI-GON : Master Dooku said I should be mindful of the future ...

OBI-WAN : But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living Force, my young Padawan.

EXT. SPACE - SUNSABRE - DOCKING BAY

The shuttle cruises slowly through the opening of the Sunsabre's dock.

INT. SPACE - SUNSABRE - DOCKING BAY

The shuttle touches down on the scuffed surface of the docking bay's floor, and the hatch pops open and lowers. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon exit the shuttle.

Two soldiers, Colonel Bail Organa and his lieutenant Raia Vaness, approach the Jedi, greeting them. Colonel Organa is a broad shouldered man in his mid thirties, with a thick head of solid black hair. Lieutenant Vaness is a young olive skinned woman in her late twenties.

OBI-WAN : (embracing Organa) Bail Organa. It has been too long.

COL. ORGANA : You're on the team, you old trickster? Good! Glad to have you aboard. (nodding to Vaness) this is Raia Vaness, my trusted lieutenant and future wife - if she agrees to it, that is.

LT. VANESS : (saluting Obi-Wan) It is a pleasure to meet you, Master Kenobi.

OBI-WAN : (placing a hand on Qui-Gon's shoulder) Bail, this is my apprentice Qui-Gon Jinn.

COL. ORGANA : (shaking Qui-Gon's hand) Pleased to meet you kid. (to Obi-Wan) He wasn't with you three years ago, and he looks a little too old to be a more recent initiate. What?s his story?

OBI-WAN : Master Jard Dooku was his instructor until he was badly injured fourteen months ago while on a mission on Orbos IX. It was his wish that I take up Qui-Gon's training until the time came for him to resume active duty.

COL. ORGANA : He's in good hands. (cont'd) Come, let us show you the scrap pile we'll be riding down to Naboo on.

The two soldiers escourt the Jedi to the shuttle Swift Strike. They pass through the open hatch, entering the craft.

INT. SWIFT STRIKE - COCKPIT

Organa and Vaness bring Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon into the shuttle's cockpit. Several officers take up the small space, checking & calibrating the onboard instruments.

COL. ORGANA : (to a young technician) How goes it, Andross? The engine tape holding?

ANDROSS : Just fine-tuning the flux capacitor, Colonel.

COL. ORGANA : Good job. Wouldn't want to make .85 with that thing hanging loose.

ANDROSS : No sir!

COL. ORGANA : Keep it up. (to Obi-Wan) Sure is something, isn't she? The ship, I mean.

OBI-WAN : I wouldn't know, Colonel. I'm not much for flying, much less taking the time to understand the quirks of typical starship capabilities.

COL. ORGANA : Well, the Strike's nothing special, to tell you the truth. Standard armour, shields. Limited offensive and defensive capabilities. Hyperdrive rates at the low end of the average spectrum. She was meant more for shipping spice between systems rather than serving in war.

OBI-WAN : Pity.

COL. ORGANA : I tell you what, though. What it all comes down to are the sublight engines. In that regard the Strike puts all other standard light freighters to shame. She'll get us down to Naboo faster

8. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    INT. NABOO - DUKE JUSTIN'S MANSION - VAULT - SUNSET

Justin Amidala, Duke of Hales, sits at a small table playing dejarik with the small droid ICU-132, a single lamp illuminating the small rough-hewn stone walls of the vault.

DUKE JUSTIN : I'm winning Eye-Seeyou.

ICU-132 : That is because you programmed me to lose, my lord.

DUKE JUSTIN : Don't be absurd. This time it's all fair.

ICU-132 : You are a bad loser, my lord. Though it pains you to hear that, nothing in my protocols prevent me from making that clear.

DUKE JUSTIN : It's your move ... you bucket of bolts.

Before the droid can make it's move, sparks begin to fly from the thick durasteel door of the vault. Justin freezes with dread as an orange circle is slowly cut into the metal door.

Once the circuit is completed the cut metal is pushed out, allowing Supreme Commander Sheelal to enter the vault with a pair of battle droids.

DUKE JUSTIN : What are you waiting for Eye-Seeyou?! Defend me!

A pair of vibroblades extend from ICU-132's wrists, and the little droid pounces upon the intruders. A battle droid aims its blaster at the droid and fires, blasting ICU-132 apart. Justin stands up and backs away into a corner as Sheelal approaches him, drawing a vibrosword.

DUKE JUSTIN : Please, don't kill me! Whatever the Neimoidians are offering you, I'll pay triple! I'm very rich!

COMMANDER SHEELAL : (activating the vibrosword) I've killed your brothers, I've killed your sisters, and I've killed your cousins ...

DUKE JUSTIN : Ancestors preserve me!

Sheelal slashes upward, cutting the Duke's head from his shoulders, throwing blood back on the stone walls.

COMMANDER SHEELAL : (cont'd) In time I'll have killed you all. The House of Amidala will be no more. I'll make certain of it.

Sheelal turns away from the decapitated corpse, and leaves the cold vault. The two battle droids follow after him.

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

The Republic armada drops out of hyperspace at the edge of the Naboo system. The fleet ships cruise toward Naboo, where countless Neimoidian Lucrehulk-class battleships form impenetrable rings around the planet.

INT. SPACE - SUNSABRE - BRIDGE

HELMSMAN : They were ready for us.

ADM. ANTILLES : Still, their fleet is smaller than ours. They'll make us sweat, I'm sure of that, but in the end we'll be the ones who win. (cont'd) Tell all ships to move into attack formation.

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

The Dreadnaughts and destroyers move into formation, charging up their weapons.

ADM. ANTILLES : Open fire at will!

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

The Republic Dreadnaughts open fire upon the Lucrehulks. In moments droid starfighters deploy from the battleships, swarming the massive Republic Dreadnaughts.

SENSOR OFFICER : Enemy fighters deployed, Admiral.

ADM. ANTILLES : Meet like with like, I always say.

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

Republic starfighters leave the bellies of the Dreadnaughts, meeting the droid starfighters, unleashing salvos of deadly weapons' fire.

ADM. ANTILLES : Good. With the droid fighters preoccupied we can turn our attention back to the big fish. Target the battleship?s main engines.

Weapons' fire is unleashed from the ship, striking the shields of the nearest battleship.

INT. SPACE - NUTE GUNRAY?S PERSONAL FLAGSHIP - BRIDGE

The control ship rocks with bombardment. Several Neimoidian officers panic, fleeing the bridge for escape pods.

Rune Haako holds onto Gunray's sleeve, shaking him.

RUNE HAAKO : Please, Your Lordship! We are being pulverized! We must counterstrike! We must move into the second phase!

NUTE GUNRAY : It's not the time, Rune. Not yet.

INT. SPACE - SUNSABRE - CORRIDOR

Officers run to and fro up and down the corridor past Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, who stand off to the side observing them move by.

Organa and his twelve men appear, moving past the Jedi toward the docking bay.

COL. ORGANA : You coming?

OBI

9. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. NABOO - SPACE

The Republic fleet begins to overwhelm the Neimoidian ships. Two Lucrehulks go down, one as it destroys a Republic destroyer.

A droid fighter smashes into the Sunsabre, which is protected behind it's shields.

ADM. ANTILLES : Ha! I knew the Neimoidians couldn't pull through - not in a fair fight. (to the communications officer) Establish communication with the Federation fleet. I want them all to hear me.

INT. SPACE - NUTE GUNRAY?S PERSONAL FLAGSHIP - BRIDGE

The image of Admiral Antilles appears on the viewscreen.

ADM. ANTILLES : This is Admiral Malthus Antilles of the Navy of the Galactic Republic. You have lost! Lay down arms and surrender immediately.

NUTE GUNRAY : (to the communications officer, Tey How) Open communication to the Republican flagship.

TEY HOW : As you wish, my lord!

Communication is established between the two ships.

ADM. ANTILLES : Who are you?

NUTE GUNRAY : I am Nute Gunray - Viceroy to the Federation Neimoidia and absolute ruler of this fleet.

ADM. ANTILLES : Have you come to issue your surrender in person, Viceroy?

NUTE GUNRAY : I have one thing to say.

ADM. ANTILLES : Yes? What is it?

NUTE GUNRAY : The battle has not been won yet. (to Tey How) End communication!

Gunray's visage fades from the viewscreen.

COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER : Sir?

ADM. ANTILLES : Neimoidian doesn't want to face the facts! Pity for him, he's just revealed his position to our guns ...

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

Countless Neimoidian battleships, previously hidden, materialize as from out of nowhere, tripling the size of the waning Federation fleet.

The Lucrehulks open fire on the now-outnumbered Dreadnaughts and destroyers.

SENSOR OFFICER : They have Kaminoan cloaks!

HELMSMAN : Can't be!

ADM. ANTILLES : Apparently so. (cont?d) It seems they've begun to share their toys.

A battleship begins to concentrate its firepower on the Sunsabre, rattling the flagship violently. A control panel explodes in a shower of sparks.

ADM. ANTILLES : Take evasive actions!

INT. SWIFT STRIKE - COCKPIT

Bail Organa and Lieutenant Vaness sit at the controls, readying the craft for departure. Admiral Antilles' voice pipes in over the P.A. system.

ADM. ANTILLES : (O.S.) Colonel Organa? You there, Bail?

COL. ORGANA : I'm here, Admiral.

ADM. ANTILLES : (O.S.) Now is the time to warm up that tin crate's engines and get ready to depart. I'm afraid we're under heavy fire, and we probably don't have much time.

COL. ORGANA : Affirmative, Admiral.

ADM. ANTILLES : (O.S.) Organa ...

COL. ORGANA : Yes?

ADM. ANTILLES : (O.S.) You are a fine officer. It was a pleasure to have you serve under me.

COL. ORGANA : And it was a pleasure to serve you, sir.

ADM. ANTILLES : (O.S.) Good luck Colonel, and may the Force be with you.

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

The Republic armada is losing. All the destroyers have been obliterated, and the Lucrehulks are beginning to pick off the Dreadnaughts.

Power on the ship is beginning to fail, causing the lights to dim and wink off. Another panel explodes.

HELMSMAN : We can't shake the battleship off, sir! We've had it!

ADM. ANTILLES : Turn around.

HELMSMAN : Sir?

ADM. ANTILLES : Turn around, dammit, before the power is gone!

The Sunsabre begins to turn in a circle, moving to point directly at the pursuing battleship.

ADM. ANTILLES : Ram it!

INT. SPACE - LUCREHULK - BRIDGE

The Neimoidians watch the Dreadnaught turning to face them.

NEIMOIDIAN CAPTAIN : What ... are they doing?

The Sunsabre speeds toward the battleship. The lights aboard finally fail, casting the bridge into darkness.

INT. SPACE - LUCREHULK - BRIDGE

The Neimoidians begin to panic and scream as the Sunsabre charges them.

NEIMOIDIAN CAPTAIN : Evasive maneuvers! Now!

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

The two sh

10. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    INT. SPACE - SWIFT STRIKE - COCKPIT

Obi-Wan opens the cockpit door and silently enters, peering over the heads of Bail and Vaness at the approaching blue ball of Naboo.

OBI-WAN : I assume you know where to land?

COL. ORGANA : We have the coordinates for the lake which Otoh Gunga lies beneath. Once we're down we'll have to swim down to the city.

OBI-WAN : That's what the diving gear's for, I suppose.

LT. VANESS : Right.

COL. ORGANA : This mission better go off without any further bumps. We can't afford to lose anymore.

OBI-WAN : Not to worry. The Force is on our side.

COL. ORGANA : You always did know what to say to make me feel better.

OBI-WAN : (smiling) The Force told me that you would say that.

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

Noticing the Swift Strike, a pair of droid starfighters attack, opening fire.

INT. SPACE - SWIFT STRIKE - COCKPIT

LT. VANESS : What in - ?

COL. ORGANA : We're being attacked!

OBI-WAN : Can you evade them?

LT. VANESS : Too late! They've blasted our rear stabilizers!

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

Having destroyed the Strike's engines the two droid fighters veer off, leaving the shuttle to fall toward Naboo's surface.

EXT. NABOO - LATE DAY

The Swift Strike drops into Naboo's atmosphere. With Organa and Vaness struggling to keep the ship stable, the craft cruises over treetops, grazing the top branches. They come to a wide open area on a lakeshore, and bring the shuttle down.

The craft hits the ground with a rough jolt, and cuts into sand. The ship skids over several meters before hitting the trunk of a tree, which brings it to a stop.

EXT. NABOO - SHORELINE - LATE DAY

The Colonel and the Lieutentant stand outside the Swift Strike, inspecting the shuttle's damage.

COL. ORGANA : What do you think?

LT. VANESS : No good, Colonel. She'll never fly in this condition.

COL. ORGANA : And we can't repair it.

LT. VANESS : Not at all. The least we could do is patch the hull. But that wouldn't get us to Coruscant now would it?

COL. ORGANA : Didn't think so ... (cont'd) Well, I'll go tell the others. We'll see if the Gungans'll loan us another one.

EXT. NABOO - SHORELINE - LATE DAY

The rescue team exits the shuttle, clad in tight-fitting blue wetsuits with oxygen tanks and breathing masks strapped to them.

QUI-GON : The city lies deep, doesn't it? Do we have enough air?

COL. ORGANA : We have enough air for the journey to the bottom. We'll need to refill the tanks for a return trip though.

QUI-GON : What about the currents? Will they be strong?

COL. ORGANA : Well, that's what we're about to find out.

The rescue team enters the water, and wades through until the lake becomes deep enough to dive.

EXT. NABOO - LAKE - UNDERWATER - LATE DAY

They move through the water, struggling to see through the murky liquid, pushing on deeper and deeper toward the lake's bottom. In the distance the glow of the underwater city Otoh Gunga grows more distinct.

They approach one of the bubble-shaped enclosures of the city, and tentatively pass through the permeable membrane, which seals behind them.

INT. NABOO - OTOH GUNGA - CITY SQUARE - LATE DAY

Gungan citizens flee as the rescue team enters the city. Twenty guards armed with electro-poles run into the square led by Captain Tarpals. The Gungans surround the offworlders, bringing their weapons to bear.

COL. ORGANA : (approaching Tarpals) I am Bail Organa, son of the Prince Consort -

Tarpals jabs the tip of his electro-pole into Organa's shoulder, causing him to jerk backward with a shout of pain.

CAPT. TARPALS : (subtitled) El'anka'sh u'sa a'pons'ai! (Relinquish your weapons!)

Qui-Gon unclips his lightsaber, and the azure blade blazes to life. The Gungan warriors jump back, turning their weapons to focus directly on him.

QUI-GON : Should we resist, master?

OBI-WAN : No. The Gungans are allies. This is a misunderstanding that we will work out once we meet with the rulers.

With some hesitation Qui-Gon deactivates his lightsaber

11. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. NABOO - OTOH GUNGA - UNDERWATER - LATE DAY

The bongo leaves Otoh Gunga, moving away from the city's glow into the darkness of the lake.

INT. NABOO - BONGO - COCKPIT

Tarpals sits at the bongo's controls, with the two Jedi, Republic soldiers, Royal Children and their bodyguards seated behind him. Prince Amber is having a conversation with the Jedi.

AMBER : You?re Jedi, right?

QUI-GON : We are, yes.

AMBER : We are we going? Are you taking us away from the droids?

PADMÉ : Don`t talk to them Amber.

AMBER : Oh, that`s right ... I`m sorry. I forgot.

PADMÉ : (to Qui-Gon) We`re not to talk to you.

QUI-GON : Why is that, young Princess?

PADMÉ : Because you can't be trusted. The Jedi can't be trusted.

OBI-WAN : The people of Naboo, the Royal Family in particular, distrust the Jedi Order. It's a superstition that goes back centuries.

PADMÉ : It's not a superstition!

A moment of silence passes between them.

QUI-GON : (to Amber) As to your question, Prince Amber ... we're going to Coruscant. You will both be safe there once we arrive.

EXT. NABOO - LAKE - UNDERWATER - LATE DAY

The bongo heads toward the opening of a subterranean cave. The craft passes into the cave, moving into pitch black darkness. The lights of the bongo blaze to life, exposing a massive underwater cavern.

COL. ORGANA : So far so good.

CAPT. TARPALS : Sho'da spake so soon.

COL. ORGANA : Huh?

CAPT. PANAKA : There are a number of dangerous predators in these caverns. Thanks to defensive systems they don't attack the cities anymore. But down in here, it's a whole different story.

EXT. NABOO - LAKE - SUBTERRANEAN TUNNEL - LATE DAY

The bongo passes over a large round shape in the tunnel. Once they are past the shape comes to life, and moves after the sub.

COL. ORGANA : We?re prey, aren?t we?

PADMÉ : Of course not ... (to Panaka) Are we?

The craft rocks suddenly, lurching to one side. Peering out a viewport, Obi-Wan sights a massive luminous opee sea killer - it's long tongue affixed to the bongo.

OBI-WAN : Full speed ahead.

Tarpals guns the engines, but the bongo fails to make much progress. Suddenly, the monster releases the craft, and the sub rockets free. As they speed away they see that a larger creature, a sando aqua monster, has caught the sea killer in it's jaws. The lights on the bongo begin to flicker as they progress through the tunnel.

OBI-WAN : There's always a bigger fish.

EXT. NABOO - GORDON LAKE - UNDERWATER - LATE DAY

The bongo exits the tunnel, coming out into another lake. The sub moves toward the surface.

Sparks are flying within the bongo, and the hull is leaking.

QUI-GON : We're losing power.

OBI-WAN : We shall be on the surface in moments.

EXT. NABOO - GORDON LAKE - LATE DAY

The submarine rises to the surface, breaking through the water. On the shore sits a large harbour. The bongo moves toward a dock.

Once the craft has stopped the hatch opens, and the passengers climb out onto the dock.

COL. ORGANA : Where's this spaceport located?

CAPT. TARPALS : (consulting a datapad) According toe teh map ... South two kilometres, then another toe teh southwest.

AMBER : Will there be more droids?

CAPT. PANAKA : This isn't Theed, so they won't be in as great a number. But yes, son, there will be more.

EXT. NABOO - PALACE - BALCONY - SUNSET

Supreme Commander Sheelal stands over the palace balcony, overlooking the city of Theed below.

Three battle droids come out of the palace onto the balcony, two of which carry the struggling Governor of Theed Sio Bibble. Bibble is in his late sixties, with long gray hair and a beard.

DROID COMMANDER : Supreme Commander, we have apprehended the Governor as you ordered.

COMMANDER SHEELAL : Good ...

SIO BIBBLE : You scum! I demand that you bring me to your commanding officer!

COMMANDER SHEELAL : You are Sio Bibble, governor of this fair city.

SIO BIBBLE : Yes. What of it?!

12. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. NABOO - GORDON SPACEPORT - TWILIGHT

The travellers and their Gungan guide crouch down behind the cover of a thick stone duracrete wall, with Obi-Wan surveying the spaceport beyond with his electrobinoculars. Each of the derelict ships are guarded by a pair of armed battle droids.

The Jedi lowers his binoculars and drops down with the others.

OBI-WAN : The shipyard is heavily guarded. The closest ship will be the Akkadian, so it would be the easiest one to capture. Still, it will be a risky move to take it.

CAPT. PANAKA : These children are under my protection, Jedi. I failed to protect Princess Sola. I can't fail these ones.

OBI-WAN : I cannot guarantee their safety, Captain. But we must do all we can.

RIC OLIÉ : So we're grabbing an Akkadian.

OBI-WAN : Exactly.

COL. ORGANA : Then let's move out.

They stand, quickly turning and leaping over the low wall onto the tarmac. They run toward the guarded Akkadian, the Jedi activating their lightsabers as they approach the two droid guards.

The droids bring their blasters up into firing position as the Jedi swing their blue blades, cutting the machines down. The droids guarding the other cruisers quickly notice the commotion and being to attack them, blasters firing.

The Republic soldiers and Naboo bodyguards return fire, with the Jedi using their lightsabers to richochet the droids` fire back and the Force to push the robots away.

Two bodyguards, one of Organa's men, and Prince Amber himself are hit and go down. Padmé freezes in horror as her brother hits the ground dead.

QUI-GON : (using the Force to open the ship's hatch) Quickly! Get aboard!

They hurry onto the craft once the hatch is down, Obi-Wan guarding their flanks. Panaka grabs the shocked Padmé and pulls her into the cruiser. Obi-Wan deactivates his lightsaber and jumps aboard as the engines roar to life, closing the hatch behind him.

The battle droids swarm the ship as it rises, opening fire with their weapons as it soars up into the violet sky.

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

The ship escapes Naboo's atmosphere, entering a field of debris from destroyed star cruisers. The Federation blockade is still in place, and there are no intact Republic ships in sight.

INT. SPACE - AKKADIAN - COCKPIT

QUI-GON : There's no sign of the Republic fleet, master. It appears it was destroyed.

OBI-WAN : Damn! (to Qui-Gon) Power up the guns, Qui-Gon.

QUI-GON : Uh ... this ship has no weapons. We're defenseless.

OBI-WAN : Then you'd better put the shields up to full power and get ready for some fancy manoeuvring.

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

Qui-Gon pilots the small ship forward toward a space between two massive Lucrehulks. As they pass through the battleships open fire. The Padawan manages to dodge four salvos of heavy turbolaser fire, but a fifth strikes the engines, blasting one to shards, and the ship goes dead.

COL. ORGANA : Oh, stang!

QUI-GON : Diverting power to auxiliary engines!

The lights inside the ship go dark, and the craft rockets forward, engines at full power.

EXT. NABOO - SPACE

Hangar bay doors on the Lucrehulks open, unleashing squadrons of droid starfighters on the fleeing cruiser.

QUI-GON : There's not enough power to take us to Coruscant ... the hyperdrive has been damaged.

OBI-WAN : We'll have to land somewhere to repair the ship.

CAPT. PANAKA : Which is nowhere near here. We have droid fighters after us right now!

QUI-GON : (studing a star chart on a monitor) Here, master. Tatooine ... It's small, out of the way, poor ... The Neimoidian Federation has no presence there.

CAPT. PANAKA : How can you be sure?

OBI-WAN : It's controlled by the Hutts ...

CAPT. PANAKA : The Hutts?!

QUI-GON : It's risky ... but there's no alternative.

CAPT. PANAKA : You can't take Her Royal Highness there! The Hutts are gangsters. If they discovered her ...

OBI-WAN : ... It would be no different than if we landed on a system controlled

13. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. TATOOINE - SPACE

The cruiser drops out of hyperspace. Before the small ship lays the large brown orb of Tatooine.

Ric Olié, in the pilot`s seat, studies several readouts. Obi-Wan stands at his side, hands on his belt.

RIC OLIÉ : That's it. Tatooine ... There's a settlement - a spaceport, looks like.

OBI-WAN : Land near the outskirts. We don't want to attract any attention.

EXT. TATOOINE - DESERT - DAY

The Akkadian descends from the sky, slowing touching down on barren desert sand. Far in the distance lies the Mos Eisley spaceport - a bright spot on the horizon.

INT. TATOOINE - AKKADIAN - ENGINE ROOM - DAY

Qui-Gon and Lieutenant Vaness stand in the guts of the ship, inspecting the damaged hyperdrive. Obi-Wan enters the room, wearing the garb of a Naboo citizen.

QUI-GON : The hyperdrive generator is gone. We will need a new one.

Obi-Wan gestures for Qui-Gon to come to him. The Padawan goes to his master, who begins to speak to him quietly.

OBI-WAN : Don't let them send any transmissions. Be wary ... I sense a disturbance in the Force.

QUI-GON: I feel it too, master.

Obi-Wan departs the engine room, leaving Qui-Gon to return to the hyperdrive with Vaness.

EXT. TATOOINE - DESERT - AKKADIAN - DAY

Obi-Wan and Captain Tarpals leave the ship, beginning their trek toward Mos Eisley.

CAPT. TARPALS : This sun does murder toe teh skin.

OBI-WAN : The desert climate is harsh to aquatic species, my friend. You will have to bear with it, I`m sorry to say.

Captain Panaka and Padmé step out of the ship, and begin to run after the duo.

CAPT. PANAKA : Wait!

The Gungan and the Jedi stop, allowing the Naboo to catch up to them. Padmé has abandoned her royal robes for simple peasant's garb.

CAPT. PANAKA : (cont'd) Her Highness commands you to take her with you. She wishes to observe the local -

OBI-WAN : No more commands from Her Highness today, Captain. This spaceport is not going to be pleasant ...

CAPT. PANAKA : The Princess wishes it. She is curious about this planet.

PADMÉ : I've been trained in defense. I can take care of myself.

OBI-WAN : I don't have the time to argue, but this is not a good idea. Stay close to me.

The Jedi gives Padmé a stern look. The three of them continue toward Mos Eisley, leaving Panaka behind.

EXT. TATOOINE - MOS EISLEY - STREET - DAY

The trio walks down the town's main street, several exotic creatures passing them by. Padmé examines the sights around her with her eyes, fascinated.

OBI-WAN : ... moisture farms for the most part, but also a few indigenous tribes and scavengers. The few spaceports like this one are havens for those who do not wish to be found ...

CAPT. TARPALS : Like us.

EXT. TATOOINE - MOS EISLEY - JUNK DEALER PLAZA - DAY

They come to a plaza strewn with several junk shops, many of which having dilapidated starships in their back lots.

OBI-WAN : We'll try one of the smaller dealers.

They walk over to one of the shops, entering through the main doorway.

INT. TATOOINE - WATTO'S JUNK SHOP - DAY

Obi-Wan, Padmé, and Tarpals enter the dingy shop, examining the many items of machinery lain in piles on the floor and hung upon the walls.

Moving deeper into the shop they find three individuals at a large desk engaged in a heated argument - brothers Anakin Skywalker and Owen Lars, and the flying blue Toydarian Watto. Owen is seventeen years old, slightly chubby with close-cropped brown hair. Anakin is nineteen, leaner and more handsome than Owen.

WATTO : Whatta's this? This is money, you say? Money?! Bah! I couldn't pay for my mother's funeral with this! This isn't enough. But then, thee never have enough.

OWEN : We're giving you all we can, Watto. You know moisture farming isn't a hot business, and we can only make so much dealing spice -

WATTO : Shaddap! Thee want-a have somebody hear you?!

OWEN : (cont'd) We're barely getting by on our own.

WATTO : Thee think I give a Ranat's rear if thee ge

14. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. TATOOINE - MOS EISLEY - STREET - MARKET - DAY

The Jedi, the Gungan, and the Princess pass by several outdoor cafes and stalls. Padmés stomach growls as she takes in the scent of roasting meat and vegetables.

PADMÉ : I'm hungry, Master Jedi. I'd like something to eat.

OBI-WAN : Buy us each a little something, Captain.

Tarpals leaves them, going to a stall where a vendor sells several dead frog-like creatures hanging from wires.

VENDOR : Whatcha want?

CAPT. TARPALS : Three of those - three of those f'ogg things.

VENDOR : Fog? What?

CAPT. TARPALS : (pronouncing the word with difficulty) F'ogg, ferg ... Fer-og. Three fer-ogs.

VENDOR : That'll be seven truguts.

As the vendor takes down three of the frogs and stuffs them into a bag an ugly Dug - Sebulba - strides up to Tarpals.

SEBULBA : Chuba! You!

TARPALS : Me?

SEBULBA : Yes, you!

CAPT. TARPALS : What is it u'sa want?

SEBULBA : (pushing his face up to Tarpals's) I don't like you ...

CAPT. TARPALS : That isn't my problem. Be going.

SEBULBA : (poking Tarpals in the chest) I don't like you, you toad-faced worrt! You smell like something's wet underfoot!

CAPT. TARPALS : (pushing away Sebulba's wrist) Leave, barbarian. Your insults will put you down.

SEBULBA : Try me, maggot!

The Dug violently pushes Tarpals, causing the Gungan to fall back and crash into another stall, tipping several trays of fried roach candies over. Tarpals unsheathes a knife, and Sebulba pulls out a blaster.

As Obi-Wan reaches for his lightsaber a blaster bolt lances out, hitting the Dug in the hand, knocking the weapon from his grip and burning away several fingers.

Everyone looks over to the direction the blast came from - a café, where Owen and the armed Anakin stand. Anakin leaves Owen at the cafe, walking up to the Dug.

ANAKIN : Better be careful, Dug. This one's connected.

SEBULBA : (nursing his injured hand) Connected? Whadda you mean, Skywalker?

ANAKIN : As in to the Hutts, Sebulba. He's a big time outlander.

SEBULBA : Stupid lies, dirt farmer. I'll teach you to meddle with me ...

Sebulba begins to walk towards Anakin. Anakin bring's his blaster up, aiming it at the Dug's face. Sebulba freezes.

ANAKIN : You'll be leaving, Sebulba. You've got better things to do than mess with me.

SEBULBA : I'll be leaving, twerp. I've got better things to do than mess with you. (cont`d) You know, if you weren't in debt to Watto I'd squash you right now.

ANAKIN : Glad to hear it, Dug. Glad to hear it.

SEBULBA : Glad to hear it, dirt farmer. Glad to hear it.

Sebulba steps away from Anakin, return to the stall with the frogs. The Dug swipes the three frogs meant for the trio from the vendor, and leaves, fuming. Anakin holsters the blaster as Owen goes to him, scolding him.

OWEN : Anakin. You've gotta stop getting into fights with him. You know Sebulba ...

Obi-Wan and the others approach the two brothers.

OBI-WAN : Tarpals here could have met an unfortunate end if you hadn't gotten involved and helped. Thank you, my young friend.

ANAKIN : No problem ... (cont?d) Hey, I haven't see you guys in town before. You're not from around here are you?

OBI-WAN : No, we're not. We were on our way to the Ophuchi system when our ship sustained damage while travelling through hyperspace. We'll be on our way once the replacement parts we purchased have been delivered and installed.

ANAKIN : Do you have shelter?

OBI-WAN : We'll head back to our ship.

ANAKIN : You're welcome to stay the night. We have an extra room or two for you at the farm.

OBI-WAN : Hmm ...

ANAKIN : You won't be a burden on us or anything. I'm sure it'll be okay.

OBI-WAN : Very well ... We'll gladly accept your invitation. Lead the way.

ANAKIN : Great!

As the brothers lead the trio to their landspeeder Owen leans close to Anakin, whispering in his ear.

OWEN : I don't know if we should let them in our home, Ani. We don't know them from Adam.

ANAKIN : Don't be such a worry-worrt. It's not lik

15. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    INT. TATOOINE - LARS HOMESTEAD - ANAKIN'S ROOM - EVENING

Anakin finishes making his bed. He climbs up on the mattress, placing his hands behind his head. Within moments he is asleep, and begins to snore lightly.

He suddenly springs up, awakened by a noise. He looks around the room and spots Padmé, who is standing in the open doorframe.

PADMÉ : Hi.

ANAKIN : Hi. What's up?

PADMÉ : I was just ... (pointing toward the wall opposite to her) what's with the droid?

Anakin looks over to where she`s pointing. In the far corner of his room stands an inactive protocol droid. The droid is incomplete, missing plating.

ANAKIN : You mean Scrappy? He's a protocol droid I'm putting together from some scrap I stole from behind Watto's shop. He was meant to help Mom with chores around the house, but I haven't found the right parts yet to get him working good.

PADMÉ : Scrappy?

ANAKIN : That's his nickname, since he can't tell me his real one.

PADMÉ : Why's that?

ANAKIN : He's missing a vocoder, and as with everything else I haven't been able to find a new one. His brain probably works good, but I wouldn't know. He hands are corroded pieces of junk, so we can't communicate through writing either.

PADMÉ : He works?

ANAKIN : Sure. Moves and everything. But like I said we can't communicate. Here, let me show you.

Anakin gets out of bed, and Padmé follows him across the room to the motionless droid. Anakin reaches behind the droid, pressing a button set into it`s body.

Suddenly the droids photoreceptors light up, and the machine explodes to life, spasming violently. Anakin moves to restrain the agitated robot. Before the droid can damage itself Anakin deactivates it, making it motionless once again.

PADMÉ : He's a gittery thing, isn't he.

ANAKIN : He's afraid of us. I've tried calming him down, but he never responds. I think he might be deaf. I'm afraid though that if I try to find out I might accidentally cross a wire and fry his brain or something.

PADMÉ : He's wonderful.

ANAKIN : Really? Thanks ... it's Padmé, right?

PADMÉ : That's right. Padmé Amidala.

Anakin leaves Padmé and the droid, jumping back onto his bed, putting an arm behind his head.

ANAKIN : Nice name - cute. Makes me think of the name of some queen or princess in a story book or something. Queen Padmé Amidala - Empress of the Moons of Iego!

PADMÉ : I am - a princess, that is.

ANAKIN : You're joking.

PADMÉ : No, really. I'm the Princess of Naboo.

ANAKIN : Yeah, right! (sarcastic) And I'm the Son of the Suns.

PADMÉ : (annoyed) I am telling the truth!

ANAKIN : Okay! Don't get your shirt in a knot ... (cont?d) You're really the Princess of Naboo? You're not pulling my chain?

PADMÉ : No, I'm not pulling your chain.

ANAKIN : Well, you can't be that important.

PADMÉ : What?!

ANAKIN : I've never heard of Naboo, so it must not be that important a world.

PADMÉ : (angry) Why you - you scruffy looking nerf herder!

ANAKIN : Nerf herder? Scruffy looking? That's the best insult you can give? Man, I'd fire your speech writer if I were you.

PADMÉ : I don't have a speech writer!

ANAKIN : Really? Well, that explains a lot.

PADMÉ : I - ! (calming down) I ... remember something.

ANAKIN : What? What is it?

PADMÉ : I - I have something for you.

Padme unclasps the aquamarine pendant around her neck, removing it and placing it in Anakin's hands.

ANAKIN : (examining the jewel) Its - its ... its beautiful, and must be worth a fortune. (looking up at her) Why are you giving this to me?

PADMÉ : I had a premonition that I was going to - just like you said you had a dream about us. I had a vision that I gave you the crystal, like this, in this room. (cont'd) I know I sound crazy.

ANAKIN : No ... no, you don't. Believe me, you don't sound crazy at all.

PADMÉ : You`re not pulling my chain, now, are you?

ANAKIN : I'm not ... (cont'd) Tell me ... tell me where it came from.

PADMÉ : I don't know where it came from originally, but it's been in the fam

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You make me currious here. Please put me on a PM list. I like people who reimagine the TPM.

:D

17. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    Thanks for the comment. It's appreciated. :)

18. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    INT. TATOOINE - WATTO'S SHOP - DAY

Watto is taking inventory of the parts in his shop as Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Owen enter the shop.

WATTO : So, you finally come for your - (seeing Anakin and Owen) You! You killed Sebulba and Craetorius! (to Obi-Wan) It was you who helped them!

OBI-WAN : I protected them, yes.

WATTO : (angry) Yeah? Thee wanna get on my bad side too?!

OBI-WAN : It has come to my attention that these two young men owe you a large sum of money. I am willing to settle their debt for them.

WATTO: Ha! Why thee getting yourself involved with them? They're strangers to you.

OBI-WAN : Anakin will be leaving with me once my ship is fixed. I'd prefer his family be secure once he's gone.

Anakin is elated by the news.

OWEN : (to Anakin) What's he talking about?

OBI-WAN : (cont'd) Well, Watto? Is it a deal?

WATTO : I'll take your credits outlander. (cont'd) Can't see why thee'd want a low-rate farmer tagging along at your heels, though.

EXT. TATOOINE - MOS EISLEY - JUNK DEALER PLAZA - DAY

The three men leave Watto's shop. Behind them follow four droids carrying the heavy hyperdrive.

OWEN : I want to know what he was talking about in there, Anakin! What's he mean you're going with him?

ANAKIN : We were talking last night ... talking about me joining the Jedi.

OWEN : What?! We're not kids anymore, Anakin! We've got a farm to run! (cont'd) It was a kriffing mistake to get involved with this guy!

OBI-WAN : Anakin has great potential, Owen. I will do what I can to get Anakin accepted for training.

Enraged Owen attacks Obi-Wan, grabbing him and pushing him up against the speeder. The four droids carry the hyperdrive to the backside of the vehicle, where a flatbed is attached to the rear. The droids load the hyperdrive onto the flatbed and begin to secure it down.

OWEN : Kriffing wizard! You did this! You put these damn fool ideas in his head!

ANAKIN : Owen, stop it!

OWEN : You're not leaving with him, dammit! You're not!

ANAKIN : That's not your choice to make! Owen, let him go!

OWEN : (exasperated) Fine!

Owen releases Obi-Wan. Muttering to himself he jumps into the speeder's cockpit, bringing the engines to life. Obi-Wan and Anakin exchange glances, then enter the vehicle themselves. Owen pulls back the throttle, and the speeder zooms off down the street.

EXT. TATOOINE - LARS HOMESTEAD - COURTYARD - MORNING

The speeder pulls up to the house's entrance. There, in the door, stand Shmi and Beru. They climb out of the vehicle.

Beru goes to greet Owen, but he brushes past her, entering the house without acknowledging her.

OWEN : (incredulous) Anakin's going to be a Jedi!

INT. TATOOINE - LARS HOMESTEAD - LIVING AREA - MORNING

Owen, Shmi, and Beru enter the room, where Tarpals and Padmé sit at a table playing a game. They both look up as Owen begins to rant.

OWEN : I can`t believe this. I can`t kriffing believe this! Dammit!

BERU : What do you mean Ani`s becoming a Jedi?

OWEN : Exactly that, babe! The chobbie-eating worrt has been putting ideas in his head. Anakin wants to leave now. Leave so he can go on a crusade and swing a lightsaber around and get himself killed!

Anakin and Obi-Wan enter the room. Shmi turns to her other son.

SHMI : Is this true?

OBI-WAN : Anakin has something, Mrs. Lars ... something that makes me believe he should be trained. I promise you I will do everything in my power to convince the Jedi Council to have him inducted him into the Order.

OWEN : There's a war going on out there, Anakin ... don't get yourself caught up in it. It has nothing to do with us ... (shaking his head) I can't believe you're doing this.

ANAKIN : I'm no farmer, Owen ... I have to move on.

OWEN : The farm won't work itself.

ANAKIN : Our debt to Watto is over. You can earn enough money to get back on top again. With me gone there'll be one less mouth to feed anyway.

BERU : Wait - You paid Watto off?

OWEN : The one good thing the Jedi's done for us.

Shmi puts her hand gently on

19. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. TATOOINE - LARS HOMESTEAD - COURTYARD - AFTERNOON

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Shmi and Beru stand together outside the dwelling giving their farewells. Owen sits with Padmé and Tarpals in the land speeder before them, a dour expression on his face.

BERU : The life of a moisture farmer isn?t much, but we wish you could stay, Ani. (cont?d) It?s your decision, however, and I want you to know I?ll support you all the way.

ANAKIN : I ... (looking at Shmi) I have to go.

BERU : It?ll be hard getting used to you not being around. You?ve become like a brother to me Anakin.

Anakin and Beru embrace, drawing together in a tight hug.

ANAKIN : Thank?s for every moment you?ve been here. You?ve made Owen the happiest he?s ever been. I know you?re right together.

They separate. Anakin turns to face Shmi.

ANAKIN : Well ...

SHMI : Well ...

ANAKIN : Mom, will I ever see you again?

SHMI : What does your heart tell you?

ANAKIN : I hope so ... yes ... I guess.

SHMI : Then we will see each other again.

ANAKIN : I ... will become a Jedi and will come back and show you everything. I?ll make you proud of me.

SHMI : Anakin, I?m already proud of you. You?re my son.

Shmi puts her hand on Anakin?s shoulder and plants a kiss on his cheek. Tears begin to run down his face.

SHMI : No matter where you are, my love will be with you. Now be brave, and don?t look back.

ANAKIN : I love you so much.

Anakin turns and walks off, leaving for the parked landspeeder. Shmi and Obi-Wan exchange glances as he follows after him. They climb in the speeder as it roars to life.

The vehicle races off, leaving Beru and Shmi to watch as it disappears into the horizon.

EXT. TATOOINE - DESERT MESA - AFTERNOON

A probe droid races out of the desert sands up to the Dark Lord Maul, who stands beside a hovering speeder bike under the hot sun. The machine makes a series of beeps and whistles before departing, taking off in a new direction.

Maul climbs atop his speeder bike, revving the engine as he follows after the droid.

EXT. TATOOINE - DESERT - AFTERNOON

Panaka?s men unload the hyperdrive from the landspeeder?s flatbed and carry it along toward the open hatch of the Akkadian, Qui-Gon using the Force to take some of the weight off the device.

Anakin and Obi-Wan climb out of the vehicle. Owen looks up at both of them, his face expressionless.

OWEN : (to Anakin) He?ll lead you to ruin.

ANAKIN : You know me, Owen. If you can?t trust Obi-Wan then you can at least trust me.

OWEN : I know you all too well, Anakin. That?s how I know you?re making a mistake.

ANAKIN : (angry) What?s that supposed to mean?

OWEN : There?s a trillion Wattoes and Sebulbas out there, and each one of them are worse than the genuine articles. You?ve always been impatient and you always will be, and your damned impatience is going to get you in a fix you won?t be able to get out of. You?re reckless.

ANAKIN : You?re wrong Owen, and I?ll prove it to you. I?ll show you how wrong you are.

Anakin turns away from the Jedi and his brother, following Qui-Gon and the bodyguards to the ship. Owen turns his sights on Obi-Wan, his eyes burning with cold fire.

OWEN : Jedi ...

OBI-WAN : Yes?

OWEN : If my brother dies because of you ... I swear I?ll kill you.

Without further words Owen starts the speeder back up and makes a U-turn around the Jedi, heading through the sand back toward the moisture farm. Obi-Wan watches the speeder go, then turns and begins walking toward the ship after Anakin.

The Jedi then notices a movement out of the corner of his eye, and out of instinct draws his lightsaber and, activating the weapon, slashes downward. A probe droid flashes with an explosion of sparks, and its severed halves fall to the ground.

Anakin notices the disturbance and stops as he steps into the ship, turning to the Jedi.

ANAKIN : What is it?

OBI-WAN : Probe droid. Very unusual. Not like anything I?ve seen before.

A dark figure on a speeder bike suddenly appears from out of

20. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    INT. SPACE - NUTE GUNRAY?S PERSONAL FLAGSHIP - CORRIDOR

Gunray runs down the passage, panicked with sweat running down his forehead. He stumbles as he reaches the door to his chambers, falling to his knees. He scrambles back up to his feet, opening the door with a low cry before slipping inside.

INT. SPACE - NUTE GUNRAY?S PERSONAL FLAGSHIP - NUTE GUNRAY?S PERSONAL CHAMBERS

Gunray runs into the room, collapsing against the holographic projector. Maul?s image is already being projected, his larger-than-life eyes burning down on the Neimoidian.

MAUL : You?re late!

NUTE GUNRAY : I ... came as fast as I could ... my lord. I ... am no athlete.

MAUL : (enraged) Do not speak up to me! Never speak up to me!

NUTE GUNRAY : My - my lord ...! Forgive me!

MAUL : (cont?d) Send a message to the Senate on Coruscant. Do it right away!

NUTE GUNRAY : Message? What message?

MAUL : Until Amidala returns to Naboo and surrenders to our custody, her people will suffer and die. Tell them!

NUTE GUNRAY : Suffer ...?

MAUL : As of now the Naboo populace is forbidden food. You will have their homes and marketplaces raided, leaving them nothing.

NUTE GUNRAY : Raid ...?

MAUL : And have Theed destroyed.

NUTE GUNRAY : Destroyed?!

MAUL : A warning of what will come to the rest of her people on every day she is away from home.

NUTE GUNRAY : It is such a drastic move ...

MAUL : You will obey me! You will obey, or I will kill you where you stand!

NUTE GUNRAY : I will obey! I never said I wouldn?t! Please, pity me!

MAUL : (disgusted) You are beneath pity. Now stand up and do your duty.

The hologram fades away, and the Neimoidian collapses completely, fainted.

INT. NABOO - THEED PRISON - PALPATINE?S CELL - DAWN

Dantius Palpatine lies sleeping upon his bunk when a contingent of battle droids lead by an orange EV supervisor droid deactivate the destructive holding beams of his cell and storm in, pulling him down and forcing him awake.

PALPATINE : What - what?s going on?

ORANGE DROID : Political prisoners are to be transferred. You will be coming with us.

A pair of droids grab hold of the Vizier?s shoulders, hauling him to his feet. As they pull him out into the cell block, Palpatine sees other palace servants being herded out of their cells with him.

EXT. NABOO - THEED - DAWN

Contingents of battle droids march through the streets, making their way from their posts to waiting carriers and platforms. Once every droid has climbed aboard, the Neimoidian craft lift off and depart Theed, leaving for farther regions.

Soon, all the Federation machines are gone, leaving the city silent. Soon, the silence is broken by the sound of a sole bird tweeting.

The townspeople tentatively poke their heads out their doors and windows. Cautiously, they step out of their homes, and begin to explore. They find no trace of the Neimoidian battle droids.

EXT. NABOO - THEED - TOWN SQUARE - DAWN

Several citizens begin to fill the marketplace. They look around, exploring their surroundings. Slowly, smiles break out over their faces.

CITIZEN #1 : They?re gone ... the droids have gone ... the Neimoidians have left!

The people erupt with cheering. They sing and dance as the revelry grows stronger. Some begin to cry with laughter and happiness.

CITIZEN #2 : We?re free, we?re free, we?re free! Naboo is free!

The celebration is broken, however, when a low droning begins to fill the air. The laughter and singing dies down as the droning moves closer and grows loud. They freeze in terror as Neimoidian droid fighters drop from the sky in a massive swarm, then begin to scream as the fighters open fire on the crowd below.

The Naboo flee in terror as the starfighters pass over them, demolishing buildings with their lasers. Several people cry out as a building collapses over them, crushing them. A massive explosion sets several men and women ablaze.

Very soon, everyone in the town square is dead, and the starfighters move off to other areas of the city.

EXT. NA

21. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. CORUSCANT - SPACE

The Akkadian drops drop from the ink black of space into the world?s atmosphere, plowing through the clouds in a steady descent.

EXT. CORUSCANT - CITYSCAPE - DAY

The starship flies over the massive lanes, bridges, and towers of Coruscant. Countless teeming people can be seen below in the distance.

INT. CORUSCANT - AKKADIAN - COCKPIT - DAY

Anakin looks out the viewport, examining the city beyond with his eyes.

RIC OLIÉ : Coruscant ... the capital of the Republic. The entire planet is one big city.

ANAKIN : It?s huge ... wow!

EXT. CORUSCANT - SENATE LANDING PLATFORM - DAY

Supreme Chancellor Valorum, with several guards and the Jedi Master Jard Dooku, stands waiting on the platform. Dooku is a towering man in his sixties, with trim beard and black hair turning grey at the temples.

The decrepit Naboo spacecraft lands on the platform, and the hatch pops open and lowers. Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Colonel Organa and Padmé descend the ramp, followed by Organa?s men and the Princess?s bodyguards, as well as Anakin and Tarpals.

The Jedi bow before Valorum and his entourage. Obi-Wan greets Dooku, embracing him.

JARD DOOKU : It is good to see you alive and well, my friend. I feared the worst for you and Qui-Gon.

QUI-GON : It is good to see you again, Master.

JARD DOOKU : (turning to Qui-Gon) Qui-Gon ... Obi-Wan has kept you safe. I couldn?t be pleased more.

Obi-Wan turns to Padmé, and brings her forward, presenting her to the Supreme Chancellor.

OBI-WAN : Chancellor, this is Princess Padmé Naberrie Amidala of Naboo. I am sorry to say neither her parents nor her siblings made it out alive.

VALORUM : It is a great gift to see you alive, Your Majesty. Accept my condolences for you poor loved ones fate. It is a great loss indeed.

PADMÉ : Your words are appreciated, Chancellor Valorum.

VALORUM : I am sorry to say, however, that there is more bad news to bear.

OBI-WAN : More?

VALORUM : (to Obi-Wan) We received word from Federation emissaries ... Theed has been destroyed.

PADMÉ : What?!

VALORUM : They have said that unless the Princess returns to Naboo and gives herself up more of her people will die. A global famine has also been put in place. Food to the general populace has been restricted.

PADMÉ : No ... no ...

In utter horror Padmé sinks to her knees, and begins to sob silently. Tears roll down her eyes, and she begins to pound the ground below her in quiet rage. Her bodyguards hurry to help her.

VALORUM : We must get her inside - quickly.

Padmé utters a heartbreak cry as her bodyguards pull her to her feet. The group quickly leaves the area, walking briskly over toward a waiting transport.

EXT. CORUSCANT - JEDI TEMPLE - DAY

A grand, unique building towers over the surrounding buildings in the neighbourhood, its spires reaching up to touch the Coruscant sky.

A taxi cruises up to the Temple, slowing to a stop. Three Jedi - Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Dooku - climb out of the vehicle and it zooms off, leaving them standing before a series of stone steps. The Jedi begin to walk up the steps toward the main entrance.

JARD DOOKU : ... the Republic is not what it once was. The Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates who are only looking out for themselves, their own home systems, and the systems that bring them profit. There is no interest in the common good. No civility, only politics. It`s disgusting. There is little chance the Senate will allow a second armada to be organized and sent to Naboo.

OBI-WAN : Chancellor Valorum seems to think there is hope.

JARD DOOKU : The Chancellor has little real power. He is mired down by baseless accusations of corruption. A manufactured scandal surrounds him. The bureaucrats are in charge now.

OBI-WAN : What options do we have?

JARD DOOKU : Only a hand from above can help us now.

INT. CORUSCANT - JEDI TEMPLE - COUNCIL CHAMBERS - DAY

Obi-Wan stands in the centre of a stately room, Qui-Gon beside him and a semi-circle of twelve Jedi Masters sitting arou

22. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    INT. CORUSCANT - HOTEL - PADMÉS QUARTERS - AFTERNOON

Anakin walks down a long hallway in a grand, regal hotel. He stops before the door to Padmés chambers, which is flanked by two guards.

GUARD : May I help you, son?

ANAKIN : I?m Anakin Skywalker, a friend. May I speak to Padmé?

GUARD : I?m sorry, but she will see no one at this time.

ANAKIN : But you can give her a message, right?

GUARD : Of course.

ANAKIN : I?m going to the Jedi Temple to start my training, I hope ... and I might not see her again ... and ... I just wanted to say goodbye ... and that I?m sorry for her loss.

GUARD : I?ll be sure to deliver the message to her.

Anakin thanks the guard, then turns around, leaving through the way he came.

EXT. CORUSCANT - JEDI TEMPLE - ARCHIVE LIBRARY - AFTERNOON

Obi-Wan and Anakin enter the Jedi archives of the Temple. Throughout the grand room stand countless shelves and computer terminals. A number of Jedi Knights and Padawans browse through the archives, looking for information.

Obi-Wan leads Anakin through the chamber, who tries to shrink and make himself inconspicious.

ANAKIN : Is it okay for me to be here?

OBI-WAN : The archives are restricted to non-Jedi. However, I have made an exception for you this one time.

ANAKIN : Why did you bring me here?

OBI-WAN : I have something to show you.

Obi-Wan and Anakin make their way past the terminals, where they find two Jedi having a conversation. One of the Jedi is named Jocasta Nu - an old woman dressed in gold-and-grey robes, with her grey hair tied up in a tight bun. She is the Chief Librarian of the archives.

The old Jedi turns to the new arrivals.

JOCASTA NU : So, Obi-Wan Kenobi ... this is the guest I was told about.

OBI-WAN : Yes, Master.

JOCASTA NU : To see the Statue of the Chosen One?

OBI-WAN : Yes.

JOCASTA NU : Go right on ahead. I believe you know its location?

OBI-WAN : I do, Master.

JOCASTA NU : (studying Anakin) There is a resemblance, isn?t there?

Her statement perplexes Anakin, but Obi-Wan leads him away before the young man can ask her what she meant.

The Jedi Knight leads Anakin down an aisle, eventually coming to a far wall. There - standing over them - is a massive metal statue. On the base are engraved strange hieroglyphs. The figure itself is human, garbed in armour, cloak, and robes, holding above its head a lightsaber.

The features of the statue?s face match those of Anakin?s exactly.

OBI-WAN : It was shaped by a Jedi prophet in the earliest days of the Order. It is made out of Mandalorian iron, which is how it has been able to remain intact all these countless millennia.

ANAKIN : It looks - It looks like me!

OBI-WAN : Yes. Indeed it does, Anakin.

ANAKIN : Who is it?

OBI-WAN : The writings on the base speak of a time when a period of peace would give way to a period of war, when a great darkness would settle over the galaxy. It says that a man with no father would be found under the light of two stars and chosen to combat the darkness. With his brother - which could be interpreted to mean his ally - he would confront the evil and conquer it. Doing so he would become one with the Force and restore order, bringing balance. (turning to Anakin) You never met your biological father, and Tatooine is located in a binary star system.

ANAKIN : You think ... you think I?m this guy? You think I?m this Chosen One?

OBI-WAN : I do.

ANAKIN : C?mon ... that prophecy is so vague anyone could meet its criteria. I?m only a man.

OBI-WAN : A man unusually strong with the Force.

ANAKIN : So are a million other beings. How do you know one of them isn?t this Chosen One?

OBI-WAN : It?s a feeling I have. I can?t explain it to you in a way that you?ll understand.

ANAKIN : It?s not smart to always trust your feelings, you know.

OBI-WAN : In the Jedi Order it is taught that one must trust their feelings. It is the way of the Force.

ANAKIN : Well ... I?ll admit you know more about this than I do.

OBI-WAN : Already open to receiving wisdo

23. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    INT. CORUSCANT - HOTEL - PADMÉS CHAMBERS - SUNSET

Padmé is sitting in a grand chair, facing the window, watching the sunset. Her face is expressionless, her eyes sunken and dark. Silently, her door opens, and a guard steps in.

GUARD : Your Highness, you have a visitor. He wishes to speak with you.

PADMÉ : I told I don`t want to be disturbed.

GUARD : It is a Colonel Bail Organa that wishes to speak with you, m?lady. He says he has news on the Senate`s decision regarding the situation on Naboo.

Padmé stands up, turning to face the guard.

PADMÉ : Send him in.

The guard moves aside, allowing Bail to step inside. The guard leaves the room, closing the door to allow them privacy.

PADMÉ : Well, what has happened? Will the Senate send a second fleet to liberate Naboo?

COL. ORGANA : The Senate debated the issue ... and many good arguments in favour of the mission were put on the table ...

PADMÉ : And?

COL. ORGANA : They decided that the crisis on Naboo is too much a burden to deal with at this time. They voted not to send another fleet.

PADMÉ : (enraged) No! Dammit! Damn them all!

Padmé races over to her night stand, picking up a solid metal statuette. With a scream of pure rage she heaves the piece at her window, cracking it in several places. The door to the room is quickly opened and the guard pounces in, levelling his blaster at Organa.

GUARD : What is it!? What?s going on!?

PADMÉ : It?s ... there?s no problem. I just reacted to some very bad news.

GUARD : (lowering his blaster) You?re okay?

PADMÉ : I?m fine ... You can leave, now.

The guard retreats back through the door and closes it. The Colonel and Princess turn their attention back on each other.

PADMÉ : So there?s no hope for my people. There?s nothing.

COL. ORGANA : The Senate won?t sanction the formation of a second liberation mission, no.

PADMÉ : In other words, ?No, there isn?t?.

COL. ORGANA : I said the Senate wouldn?t. I can.

PADMÉ : What are you talking about?

COL. ORGANA : I?m still son of the Prince Consort of Alderaan. I have full autonomy over the forces on my world. I?m willing to arrange a fleet that can repel the Federation forces and liberate your people. It?ll take some time, but I?m sure -

Padmé embraces Organa, wrapping him in a big, tight hug.

PADMÉ : Oh, thank you! Thank you, Colonel! I`ll never forget this!

COL. ORGANA : Princess ... you?re hurting me ...

PADMÉ : Oh ...!

Padmé releases the Colonel. He rubs his shoulder.

COL. ORGANA : Has anyone ever told you you have a strong grip?

PADMÉ : Only all the time. (cont?d) Thank you again, Colonel. I can?t thank you enough.

COL. ORGANA : Think nothing of it. You just stay here on Coruscant and relax, and I?ll have everything taken care of on Naboo.

PADMÉ : No, Colonel. I?m returning to Naboo.

COL. ORGANA : What?! No! There?s no way -

PADMÉ : My place is with my people. I appreciate all you?ve done to rescue me, but the longer I?m away the more citizens will die. If it turns out that the Federation can?t be repelled - that this mission fails - at least the Naboo will be safe if I surrender to the droids. The massacres will end and the bans will be lifted. At least I can look forward to that in the end.

INT. CORUSCANT - JEDI TEMPLE - COUNCIL CHAMBERS - SUNSET

Anakin stands before the twelve Jedi. Mace Windu holds a small hand-held viewing screen. Images flash across the screen in rapid succession.

ANAKIN : A ship ... a cup ... a speeder.

Windu turns the viewing screen off, nodding to Yoda.

YODA : Good, good, young man. How do you feel?

ANAKIN : Cold, sir.

YODA : Afraid are you?

ANAKIN : No, sir.

MACE WINDU : Afraid of what life holds in store for you?

Anakin hesitates a moment.

YODA : See through you, we can.

MACE WINDU : Be mindful of your feelings ...

KI-ADI-MUNDI : Your thoughts dwell on your mother - your family.

ANAKIN : I miss them. I can?t help that.

YODA : Afraid to lose them, I think.

ANAKIN : (annoyed) What?s

24. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. CORUSCANT - SENATE LANDING PLATFORM - NIGHT

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Anakin stand on the platform. The two Jedi are close together, arguing. Anakin stands off to the side, watching them.

QUI-GON : ... It is not disrespect, master. It is the truth.

OBI-WAN : From your point of view ...

QUI-GON : Anakin is dangerous. They all sense it. Why can?t you?

OBI-WAN : His fate is uncertain, not dangerous. The Council will decide Anakin?s future. That should be enough for you.

Organa, Vaness, Tarpals, Padmé and her bodyguards arrive. Obi-Wan greets them, then walks over to Anakin.

ANAKIN : Obi-Wan, I don`t wish to be a problem.

OBI-WAN : You won`t be. Qui-Gon is just experiencing some jealousy. He will come to understand in time.

ANAKIN : Regardless, master, I`ve come to a decision.

OBI-WAN : A decision? What decision?

ANAKIN : I?ve spoken with Bail Organa ... He?s going to let me fly in the fleet against the Neimoidians. I don?t have any training, but I?ve convinced him I?ve got the skills to fly.

OBI-WAN : Can you?

ANAKIN : When I wasn?t working the farm or selling spice for Watto, I was with my buddies in Beggar?s Canyon flying my T-1. The controls of a T-1 aren?t that different from the ones used in the Headhunters the Republic own. (cont?d) If I have no future with the Jedi, then I?ll fight in the Navy for the Republic.

OBI-WAN : Then may the Force be with you ... where ever you go.

ANAKIN : Thank you, master.

A transport drops down from the sky and touches down on the platform.

OBI-WAN : This our ride to Alderaan. Let?s go.

The retinue begins to board the transport. Anakin starts forward, and bumps into something. Looking down he spots a blue R2 unit droid in his path. The droid?s dome swivels and a series of beeps and whistles are uttered.

ANAKIN : Sorry, little guy. I wasn?t watching where I was going.

The R2 unit issues a few good-natured beeps, then continues on its way. Anakin makes his way to the ship and boards it. Once all passengers are aboard, the hatch closes, and the craft lifts off and climbs into the sky.

EXT. NABOO - HALES - CITYSCAPE - MORNING

The within the heart of the city several construction droids are hard at work building a pyramidal frame that, when finished, will be capable of supporting a Lucrehulk-class battleship. A trio of Federation cruisers fly overhead.

INT. NABOO - NEIMOIDIAN CRUISER - PASSENGER DECK - MORNING

Nute Gunray looks out the side window at the construction going on down below. Beside him sits Rune Haako. A serving droid - TC-14 - approaches the two Neimoidians carrying a tray loaded with two glasses.

TC-14 : Your drinks, sirs.

Haako takes the two drinks, and the droid returns to its serving area. Haako sips on his drink, then holds Gunray?s out to him.

RUNE HAAKO : Your drink.

Gunray snaps to attention, drawn out of his deep thoughts.

NUTE GUNRAY : Ah - yes - my drink! Thank you.

Gunray takes the glass, taking a deep gulp.

RUNE HAAKO : Go easy! That?s a strong drink!

NUTE GUNRAY : I need it ... to calm my nerves.

RUNE HAAKO : You?ve been overtly agitated these past few days. Even for a Neimoidian this is too much.

NUTE GUNRAY : We shouldn?t have taken this assignment, Rune. It was a bad mistake.

RUNE HAAKO : It?s no different from any other job the Federation?s taken on. We?re mercenaries ... we take a risk every time in this business.

NUTE GUNRAY : Oh, no. This time is different - very different. We?re facing destruction from three different fronts. On one front is the Republic, on another are the Cloners, and on the last are the S -

Gunray goes silent, refusing to say anymore. He downs the last of his drink.

RUNE HAAKO : Who?s on the last front?

NUTE GUNRAY : Never mind.

Gunray then steals Haako?s drink, putting the glass to his lips.

RUNE HAAKO : Hey!

NUTE GUNRAY : There?s more. Go order another one.

EXT. ALDERAAN - ALDERA - SPACEPORT - DAY

The transport drops down from the sky, weaving in and out of i

25. Duragizer

Apr 23, 2009
    EXT. NABOO - TWILIGHT

Viceroy Nute Gunray`s personal battleship cruises slowly over the ground, casting gale-force winds over the grass below. Several animals scurry, seeking shelter from the metallic behemoth.

INT. NABOO - NUTE GUNRAY`S PERSONAL FLAGSHIP - NUTE GUNRAY`S PERSONAL CHAMBERS - TWILIGHT

Gunray stands before Maul`s projected image. His eyes are unfocused and his skin extremely pale.

NUTE GUNRAY : In a matter of days the docking frame will be complete, and we will be able to bring this ship down and secure it into place. Our hold on Naboo will be complete, and you may then do whatever it is you wish with the people of this world.

MAUL : Good ... You are finally doing your job right, Viceroy.

NUTE GUNRAY : I only ask one thing in return ...

MAUL : You needn?t worry. You will receive your full payment.

NUTE GUNRAY : That?s not what I?m talking about.

MAUL : What then?

NUTE GUNRAY : Once Naboo is yours, we are finished. The Federation Neimoidia will have nothing more to do with the Order of the Sith Lords or any other Dark Jedi ever again.

MAUL : That?s where you?re wrong, Neimoidian. You sold your soul to a Dark Lord of the Sith. You are in my pocket forever.

NUTE GUNRAY : Whatever ... Just let us rest for a time.

MAUL : When this is over, you can rest for however long you may wish.

NUTE GUNRAY : Many thanks ...

MAUL : Now, let us talk of preparations for my arrival.

NUTE GUNRAY: What?

MAUL : Once your ship is in position on the ground I will pay you a visit. I want the final stages of this conquest to go soothly, so I will be there personally to make sure it does.

NUTE GUNRAY : Of all the gods that must exist, no!

MAUL : You have a new god now. (cont?d) Farewell, Nute Gunray.

The holographic man dies away. Gunray collapses upon the derelict projector with a moan, and begins to sob.

INT. ALDERAAN - ALDERA - ROYAL PALACE - WAR ROOM - MORNING

The war room has high walls and a massive stage, a theatre converted for military purposes. Several thousand Alderaanian soldiers take their places in their seats. With them are Organa and Jedi, as well as Anakin. On the stage stands General Noums.

The lights in the room go dark, and a schematic of the Naboo system is projected on the stage screen. The image of the planet Naboo is enlarged, complete with images of orbiting Neimoidian battleships.

GEN. NOUMS : The Federation has set up a network of Lucrehulk-class battleships in orbit around the world Naboo. As you can see, they are positioned in such a way as to provide optimal coverage around the globe, making it incredibly difficult for any ships to enter or leave the planet?s atmosphere. Our best bet would be to take down the northwestern and southeastern hemispheres of this net. Do that, and we can attain suitably safe passage to the planet?s surface. (cont?d) Now, the last mission to Naboo was compromised due to the presence of ships possessing cloaks. That?s where inhibitor beacons come in.

The image of Naboo and the orbiting battleships is replaced with a detailed image of a Dreadnaught cruiser. A wave of energy is released from the starship, causing a Neimoidian Lucrehulk to phase into existence.

GEN. NOUMS : Cittati X4-9I9 Inhibitors - newly developed prototypes capable of cancelling out the cloaking fields of Cloner and Cloner-aligned ships. In sufficient numbers, when activated the beacons can take an entire armada out of cloak. The fleet loses its advantage, and becomes as vulnerable as any ordinary fleet. (cont?d) Now, on to the Federation troops ...

An image of a Federation battle droid replaces the image of the two ships.

GEN. NOUMS : Neimoidian Federation droids aren?t the average household droid you got doing your laundry for you or picking your kids toys up.

A series of laughter rings out throughout the chamber.

GEN. NOUMS : Now, now, I?m not talking about function. Unlike aforementioned droids, the droids used by the Neimoidian Federation - like the B1 series battle droid pictured here - don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.