main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Time and Space Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon Completed 21/4/2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: Time and space-A new hope.

A/U Star Wars Saga
    Author: Gkilkenny
    The characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Anakin- ANH: Luke, Leia, Han Solo
    Timeframe: Just before TPM, and then on to AotC - RotS - ANH
    Rating: PG

Summary: Han Solo was not the first person to be frozen in carbonite. A Jedi Padawan had that dubious honour. The Phantom Menace is only the beginning. I hope my version keeps you interested.
    Note: I don?t own any of the star wars characters; I just like playing with them. Thanks to GL for inventing them.

// Bond speaking\\

~Prologue.~

?Senator Palpatine, what an unexpected pleasure, when my advisers told me that a high ranking official was coming to Bespin to inspect our newly finished Carbonite freezing facility. I had no idea that it would be someone of your standing.?

?My dear Baron Xavier, I am a man who looks to the future and when I heard that you had perfected the art of freezing items for export I had to see it for myself.?

?Thank you Senator, we?ve designed the carbon-freeze chambers to suspend Tibanna gas for safe transportation.? Xavier explained to his seemingly enthralled visitor. ?As you know gas is used around the galaxy for heating and various other uses. Nevertheless, it?s volatile in its gaseous state and we?ve had many accidents exporting it. However, after much experimentation we are pleased to say that we can suspend the gas indefinitely, in these blocks of carbonite.?

?Doesn?t the gas lose some of its strength being kept frozen for so long, Baron??

?No, we?ve designed the frame in such a way that the tiny repulser-lift projectors, as well as a power-generation system, a refrigeration system, and chemical monitoring devices control the suspended state. We have tested it and it remains a viable fuel even after several months in carbonite. We could probably freeze a variety of items and they?d still be as fresh and useful as the day they were frozen.?

?I see, so do the systems that control the devices remain active for several months??

?Yes Senator, actually, they have a lifetime battery installed in them, of course the battery would never have to work that long as we don?t freeze anything for a lifetime.?

?No I suppose not - tell me Baron - could you freeze ? oh lets say a live animal and then bring it back to life??

?I suppose there?s always that possibility in the future Senator, but it?s probably not something we?d endorse.?

?Yes, yes, of course not Baron. It isn?t something that ? I- as a Senator would even consider doing. Nevertheless, before I return to Coruscant I would like to look around your gas-mining facility and perhaps you can show me the drawings and how you designed it??

?It would be my honour to show you Senator. Come this way and I?ll arrange a demonstration and show you the plans.?

Palpatine smiled to himself as Baron Xavier led the way down the hall. He intended to acquire a set of the plans to build this device for his own use and if the fool Xavier objected to his taking a copy, it would be his last objection. He listened to the babbling idiot rave on about his product and the plans he had for improving his facility, however, Palpatine had little interest in doing anything for Bespin. This planet wasn?t a threat to him or his plans for the future.

He blocked the sound of Xavier?s voice and thought to his own plans. For years, he?d bowed and scraped to the citizens of Naboo to earn their trust and finally after many arduous meetings and functions he?d succeeded in becoming their elected representative to serve as a Senator in the Galactic Senate on Coruscant.

His ultimate goal was to become Chancellor. Nevertheless, upon his ascension to the senatorial position, he?d already began to chip away at the basic honesty of the other representatives. Covertly, with his own associates doing his bidding, he introduced corruption and complacency. He smiled at his own cleverly thought out plans and he glanced at his reflection as they passed a full-length mirror in one of the halls. He smirked

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh very intriguing beginning.

I liked how cautiously Palpatine questioned Baron Xavier - and the poor guy never suspected a thing. :( :(

Loved the action with Qui and Obi

And I can't help but wonder who Palpy is planning to freeze.....

Please add me to the PM list

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wonderful! Am I right to have a bad feeling as to the frozen padawan to be? Knowing our author, it may well be.

4. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Great start!=D=
    I loved the Qui/Obi duel, it was described very well.

//Ah then, I was right! You have been trained by a sith.\\
    [face_laugh] Poor Yoda, to be labeled a Sith at his age...

Can you please add me to your PM list?[face_praying]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great start with the Palpatine and his devious plans.

And a great chapter beginning with Obi and Qui sparring.

You can put me on the PM list again:)

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, fantastic begining. =D= If you're keeping a PM list please add me to it.

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I'm no longer sad that your other story ended, since you've already started a new one! [face_dancing]

And your new story is off to a very great start, of course! :D

I wonder if Palps already has in mind who he's going to freeze. [face_thinking]

Loved the sparring session with Qui and Obi, and of course all the banter between them was great. [face_love]

Please add me to your PM list, of course! I can't wait for more! :D

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear Gkilkenny, if my migraine would not split my head into two halves at present, I would try to write a clever comment about your fanfic, because it really deserves praise.

Please add me to your PM list. I can´t wait for more of this sithly plans from Palps and the way how Obi gets on.

9. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    //Ah then, I was right! You have been trained by a sith.\\

//Master!- Master Yoda isn?t a sith, he?s a great Jedi.\\

Yes he is! Lol. He's a nasty tricky senile old creture with a bad temper and he loves dashing apprentices hopes and dreams.
    Was that an acurate discription?[face_laugh]

I loved the Master/Apprentice banter! I was half expecting one of them to break out a your mom joke.

Can't wait to see who Palpy decides to freeze.

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    KELIA
    This is something new to me, writing Palpatine.[face_devil] I want to look into his mind and see what he may have been thinking while he was building his empire.:oops:

I will PM you thanks for reading.

Valairy_Scot

Now I don?t want to tell you, but with your ESP I?m sure you know.[face_not_talking]

GeneralKenobi7
    Thank you.[face_dancing] I always thought they would banter a bit while they trained, I?m happy you enjoyed their duel.:D

I will PM you.

earlybird-obi-wan

Thanks [:D] I wanted to show Palpatines version of events . Plus the closeness of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.[face_love] I will PM you.

Sara_Kenobi
    I hope I keep your interest.:D Your added to the PM list.

Bastet
    Thank you [:D]
    I couldn?t stop writing.:D Palpy doesn?t know who he?s going to freeze at this stage.

I will PM you

AzureAngel2
    I?m sorry to hear about your migraine, try a cold pack. It works for me sometimes. I have added you my friend.[:D]
    Palpy is up to no good as you will see. Adding to PM list.

Raphire

There are a few Padawans that I can think of.[face_thinking] But we?ll have to wait
    and see.[face_whistling]

PM List
    KELIA
    GeneralKenobi7
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Sara_Kenobi
    Bastet
    AzureAngel2
    Icepaw_Kenobi
    Raphire
    littleobiwankenobi
    ice-phoenix_94
    Ocelotl_Nesto
    EGKenobi
    Darthvaderette
    Alclyone
    Thanks all for your interest.[:D]

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

ooo

The fading rays of coruscant's sun caused murky shadows to engulf the entire central business district, and the seemingly shadowy fingers of night crept out further to consume even the decomposing and deserted outer city limits. As dusk heralded the coming of darkness, artificial lighting blinked into existence in the corridors of the Galactic Senate rotunda as an official hurried to Chancellor Valorum?s office.

?Chancellor Valorum, Vice chair, Amedda; please forgive my intrusion. I?ve just received this communiqué from the outer rim. The trade federation have objected strongly to the senates mandate to institute a tax on the free trade zones. They say that they don?t take kindly to the republic interfering with their business.?

?I?m not sure that we should have taken Senator Palpatine?s advice when he suggested that we should control them. I think we?ve severely underestimated the trade federation?s reaction to the levy we?ve imposed.? Valorum said glancing to his Vice Chairman, Mas Amedda.

Mas Amedda, a Chargrain being with well-developed lethorns draped from his shoulders calmly nodded. He knew this was going to happen, because he'd helped Palpatine instigate the proposal to the other senators.
    Unfortunately, for Valorum, Amedda was a being who loved the high life and recently, Valorum had accused him of misusing his parliamentary powers to obtain fine arts and antiques to add to his vast collection. Amedda was certain if Valorum stayed in office, he would be out of a job. However, Palpatine had convinced him that if they worked together both would achieve their goals in life. So now, the axe was beginning to fall on Valorum and Amedda was feeling smug about it.

?The decision was made by the full senate body Chancellor. The trade federation must abide by that decision. You cannot back down now; they will take that as a sign of weakness. I'll call for a meeting between the senate and their senior officials and if they want to debate it, we shall put their case on the agenda.?

"There are too many agenda?s and debates, Amedda. We are bogged down with them and it seems that the senate body is incapable of making a quick decision anymore.?

?That may be Chancellor, but that?s how the senate works.? Amedda said leaving the Chancellor and the official alone.

?Chancellor, what do you think will happen? What if the trade federation come through with their threat and begin to blockade trade routes?? The official asked.

?If it comes to that I?ll send my own negotiators to settle their dispute, but nevertheless, we?ll have to wait and see what happens when they?re put on the agenda.?

ooo

In the outer city limits of Coruscant?s deserted manufacturing area, another meeting was in process. ?Rise Darth Maul, did you do as I ordered, have you taken care of the opposition??

?Yes my Master, as you wished I made sure that the Neimoidian Nute Gunray has been elected Viceroy. His enemies are at the bottom of the lava pits on Mustafar.?

?Are you certain no one saw you or recognised you??

?I am certain my Master, it was done under the cover of darkness and I disposed of them discreetly.?

?Good, with Gunray under my rule we can initiate a blockade of Naboo. As senator of such a peaceful planet, I'll gain the sympathy vote once Valorum?s inability to make a decision is seen on the podium. The Trade Federation will demand a commission to investigate the accusations and I will suggest to someone that a vote of no confidence be made against Valorum?s rule and then I shall become Chancellor!?

?It is your destiny my Master.? Maul said eagerly.

?Yes, we?ve been patient, but we must continue to be so. I will contact the new Viceroy with my congratulations and then tell him what I want him to do. He is such a coward that he will obey my every command and then when his usefulness is at an end, you my dear apprentice may take him to join his opponent?s in Mustafar?s lava.

?It will be my pleasure my Master.?

?Queen Amidala is too young and naïve to defend Naboo

12. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Uhh oh, dark scheming...[face_worried] :mad:
    Update soon!

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Them no-goods are up to no good!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Palps and scheming. He is a master at it:mad: Great to see this now worded in an exiting update=D==D=

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    The good guys are going to have a lot to deal with. Great update!=D=

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Can´t wait to have master Sifo-Dyas in a fanfic in person.

:D

Thanks for that brilliant up-date.

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh that was chilling!

But a great look at the political nonsense that goes on.

I loved how well you showed Palpatine's manipulating skills.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Eek! Scary Palpy! <runs and hides>

Why do I think I have a feeling I know who the frozen padawan will be?

Great job!!! =D=

Please add me to the PM list, if you are doing one.

Update soon please!!! [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    GeneralKenobi7

Yes lots of dark scheming coming.[face_mischief]

Valairy_Scot

Palpy is quite fun to write.:D

earlybird-obi-wan
    He is devious and he won?t stop until he?s killed all the Jedi
    He is a master of evil.[face_devil]

Sara_Kenobi

They don?t see the evil coming and it will catch them soon.:eek:

AzureAngel2
    There isn?t much info about Sifo-Dyas and he doesn?t last long. Sorry.:_|
    Thanks for your support.[:D]

KELIA
    Thanks There was a lot unsaid in the movies and I thought I?d try and show a bit more.[face_thinking]

Icepaw_Kenobi
    Frozen padawan indeed,[face_mischief] It wouldn?t do to have some unknown Jedi being frozen would it.:D
    It would be my pleasure to PM you.[face_dancing]

20. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Great update! :D

I loved all the evil scheming and plotting by a certain oily senator.

Once Palpatine was alone, he picked up his communicator. ?Well done, my apprentice. The fool Jedi believed you were Valorum. I want you to follow Sifo-Dyas to Kamino and when I receive word from him that the order has been placed, you may relieve the Jedi of his worries.?

?Yes my Master it will be done.?
    [face_skull] Ooh, so evil, I love it! [face_devil]

Can't wait for more! :D

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I tried to make him sound sinister and Maul is his perfect little murderer.[face_skull]

I should be posting the next update tomorrow.:D

22. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Ahhh! I missed it! I guess I'd better remady that. Can I be on the PM list?

Great job! Can't wait for the next bit!

23. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    just found this story, wonderful plot. can´t wait for the next chapter, please put me on you PM-List.

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Raphire
    Thank you I'll add you. This next chapter doesn't have palpy but he's coming up.

littleobiwankenobi
    There are a few twists and soon Palpy will get his wish. I will add you to the list thanks.

No Palpy this time, but coming soon. Now on with the story...

o

Obi-Wan felt a certain sense of accomplishment fill him as he headed for the showers. His master sent him approval along their bond of his performance in the arena and it filled him with contentment.
    He was grateful that his master had excused him for the evening, because he was looking forward to spending some time with his friends Garen and Bant. They?d been friends ever since their crèche days and he told them that he?d meet them in the room of a thousands fountains.

He made his way through the crowd of Jedi who?d been watching their demonstration and for a split second, he wished he could call on the Force to clear a pathway to the showers. His arms and legs were aching and sweat stung his eyes. He was so looking forward to a shower.

Nevertheless, before he reached the door to the fresher two young padawan?s stepped in front of him. He felt an internal groan rising in his throat because he recognised both of them. They were first year padawan?s and because he was an advanced senior apprentice, one of his assignments had been teaching basic velocities to a group of them. Obi-Wan?s assignment was a test of his own abilities to train a padawan, but these two had tried his patience on several occasions, it seemed that no matter how many times he went through the steps with them they took delight in causing him to feel inadequate as a teacher. It wasn?t until he found out that they had a crush on him that he understood their antics.

?Hi Obi-Wan, Natasha and I watched your demonstration, you were amazing and your footwork up there on the balance beams was fantastic. We were wondering if you were going to resume teaching us, we?re up to advanced kata?s now and we really learned a lot from you.?

?Hello Padawan Leeann, Natasha, I?m happy that you enjoyed the display. You two younglings have just begun your training and one day when you?re as old as I am, you?ll have gained the skills necessary to move around the balance beams with confidence too. Nevertheless, my teaching assignment is completed with the first year students and I?ve moved onto my next assignment. We must all move forward if we are to become Knights. Now if you?ll excuse me I have made plans for this evening.?

?Oh, we thought you might like to join us? We?re going to the ponds for an evening swim; you look like you could use a dip.? Natasha grinned.

?No thank you younglings, I have some people to see, goodbye.? he nodded hoping that by calling them younglings they would take the hint. It embarrassed him to think these girls had a crush on him. He?d never enticed them or given them any reason to think he was interested. He?d only found out because his friend Garen had caught them trying to sneak into the showers while he was in there once before. He sincerely hoped they weren?t planning to do that now. He didn?t want to be spied on by two thirteen-year-old Padawan?s. He hurried away and moved quickly down the hall to the showers.

ooo

?Hey it?s about time Obi-Wan! Bant and I thought you must?ve washed yourself down the drain. Another few minutes and I was going to send Bant in there to look for you.?

?Very funny Garen, nevertheless, I suppose if Bant had come in there they could?ve changed the name plate to read female showers.?

?Why would they do that Obi?? Bant asked.

?Well I was the only male in there, so if you?d come in that would?ve made three females.?

?Oh no, Obi-Wan! Don?t tell me that Natasha and Leeann snuck in there again to watch you take a shower??

?Ok, Garen, I won?t tell you! However, I don?t think they?ll do it again after what I did to them.?

?Obi-Wan! ? what did you do to those young girls?? Bant said shaking her finger at him.

?I used the Force to dump some water on them,

25. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Poor Qui! Those vicious shrubs! :D

Oh no, what happened to Obi? :eek:

More please!!! [face_praying]

Thanks for the PM, and great job again! =D=