main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Wayward Son -Humour, Q/O, post ROTS- Title and Disney Quote Challenge response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheMacUnleashed, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Title: Wayward Son
    Author:TheMacUnleashed
    Genre: Humour
    Rating: G
    Notes: Written for the Title Challenge and the Disney Quote Roulette.

?You should never stop persevering, Obi-Wan. The moment you stop is the moment the Jedi Order dies!?

Obi-Wan, having been startled from a rather pleasant sleep, turned over to check the time on his chrono before remembering he didn?t have any sort of electricity in the Force-cursed hut he was living in. ?Master, I?m glad to hear from you and all, but isn?t it sort of early??

?Time is irrelevant in the Netherworlds. I would have thought you?d learned that by now.? Qui-Gon shrugged, the normal gesture somehow made eerie by his glowing blue form.

?Really, I should have.? He sighed; once Qui-Gon came, he could more or less give up all hope of getting any sleep for several days. ?How would the Jedi Order die if I gave up hope? Master Yoda is still alive, last I heard, and there?s probably a few more Jedi wandering out there.?

?Well! Now that?s an interesting story. See?? he continued with his lecture in a tone much too enthusiastic for the time.

?Okay, okay, I get it. My giving up would somehow encourage young Luke to give up which starts a domino effect. Forget I asked.?

?Actually, I?m no longer able to forget anything. I can go back to any point in time, if I were to want to.? Qui-Gon smiled. ?Useful little ability. Lets me know what you did last summer.?

?My privacy feels violated.?

?Tough luck.?

Obi-Wan glanced out the door of his hut, where the two suns were coming over the horizon. ?Don?t you have to dematerialize when the sun rises, or something??

?No. However, I think that I need to be haunting somewhere right now.? Qui-Gon looked thoughtful. ?I?ve been hanging around Vader for awhile. He?s an entertaining guy to be around, when nobody?s looking.?

?Well, have fun with that.?

?Oh, I will. See you tomorrow night, my son!? Qui-Gon vanished just as the first ray of sunlight stretched its way into Obi-Wan?s small homestead.

?Did you just say ?son?? You said ?son,? didn?t you. You waited until after death to call me ?son?? Thanks, Master.?

He could?ve sworn he heard laughter drifting down from some ethereal plane.

----Sometime later?----

?You know, Master, I?m pretty sure that the odds of getting caught in a rainstorm in the middle of the desert are quite low.?

?Odds? Odds are a Sith won?t murder you in the middle of a perfectly average mission. Look what happened to me.? Qui-Gon smiled from outside the tiny nook, dug by some predator that Obi-Wan hoped desperately would wait until after the deluge to come back. ?Do you really think that odds provide a solid look at the probability of certain events happening??

?Of course not.? A lie, but he really didn?t want to get into another argument which would inevitably end with Qui-Gon dragging him to a bunch of nearly-unknown places to show him how useless odds were.

?Good.? The deceased man offered a sage nod. ?You?re becoming wiser by the day.?

Obi-Wan sighed. ?If I were wise enough, I would have given up long ago.?

Qui-Gon?s normally serene expression turned murderous in a second. ?If I ever hear you say that again, I?m going to hit you so hard, it?ll make your ancestors dizzy.?

?It seems un-Jedi-like to take out your anger at me on my poor, hapless ancestors.?

?I?m not a Jedi. I?m a Force Ghost. There?s a difference.? Silence flowed through the tiny enclosure on boats of raindrops while Qui-Gon brooded and Obi-Wan wondered where his faithless Dewback, the one carrying all of his food for the next two months on his back, had gone.

It was Qui-Gon who spoke first. ?Don?t you want to know why I?ll harm your ancestors??

?Yes. Of course I do.? Whatever response he gave, Qui-Gon?s answer would undoubtedly be the same.

?Good. It?s because I refuse to let you give up, and if you do, I will announce that fact with enough force for your ancestors to know how much you have shamed them.?

?That?s nice to know.?

?And it will do you well to remember it.? He smiled. ?Bec

2. nada_smith

nada_smith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2006
    Oh, so that's what happened in the ANH duel. ;)

[face_laugh] Good job!

3. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan! Seems Qui-Gon can make quite a nuisance of himself:p
    Great work!=D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Loved the banter between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

And I can't blame Qui for doing what he had to in order to keep Obi from giving up.

Great response to the challenges

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    nada_smith: Thank you! Things are never as they first seem... :p
    GeneralKenobi7: Thanks! Yes, Qui-Gon does get into trouble rather a lot, even with his good intentions. :D
    KELIA: Thank you! He always has Obi-Wan's best intentions at heart, even if it doesn't look like it. :)

6. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. And very funny.

7. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    MiralukaJedi: Thanks!! Glad you thought so. :D

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

?If you lose this duel, I will never be able to forgive you.?

Obi-Wan glanced up, startled, and accidentally thumbed the on/off switch on his lightsaber. ?Mas---!?

It was the last thing he said before he was standing before Qui-Gon. ?---ter!?

?Smooth. I swear, you want me to hate you. Wayward thing.? He shook his head fondly.

?I was about to win that!?

?And clearly, you didn?t want to. Why else would you have lost? I swear, you were about to, then I added some encouragement and? wayward thing. You?d better just hope that the galaxy isn?t completely messed up, now that you lost the duel.?

Obi-Wan gritted his teeth and wondered if his screams could be heard outside of the Netherworld.

Not the best timing, Qui, to pop in with some "encouragement"! You just wanted Obi at your side, didn't you?

Very nicely done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.