main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Promise of Heaven -humour, Sue-Parody fic; Obi-Wan -Final Chapter posted on June 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheMacUnleashed, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Title: A Promise of Heaven
    Genres: Humour, parody
    Characters: Rhiannon Moonfire (OC), Obi-Wan, Yoda, Ahsoka, Anakin.
    Era: Clone Wars
    Notes: A short story -in-progress; three chapters long, currently, written in October and published during November, as I work on my NaNo. Comments make the world go 'round! :D

PM list:
    Valairy_Scot
    GeneralKenobi7
    EGKenobi
    Valiowk

?You know, Master Yoda, in all technicalities I have no obligation to take on another Padawan.? Obi-Wan frowned as he gazed out into the sea of Padawans, all hoping to be noticed by a Master as they fake-dueled and fake-tried-to-kill each other. ?In fact, it might be better if I didn?t get another. After all, I frequently go into high-risk situations that would be extremely dangerous for a youngling.?

?Care about that, you think I do?? Yoda squinted out into the mix. ?Outrank you, I do! Do whatever the kark I tell you to, you must.?

?Yes, Master.? He really couldn?t argue with that. ?But if I don?t really want to take one on I?ll never be able to form a bond and then that?ll not make for a nice situation growing up, as they will constantly strive for attention and love and never get any and then one day I will abandon him or her for a new, shinier Padawan and then I?ll die,? he added, angsting just a little.

?Dead, Qui-Gon is! Get over that, you must.?

?I feel as though I should be allowed my own period of time to mourn.?

?No. Anyway, picked out a Padawan for you, I have!?

?Oh, really? And who might that be?? Obi-Wan figured it was just better to pretend to say he would take a new apprentice, and then go to Jabiim and get tortured, or something.

?There, in the center of arena, is she!? He pointed a trembling, green finger to where a girl with hair so black it was as though some divine figure had poured coffee of the deepest sort onto it. ?Rhiannon Moonfire, she is called.?

?Ahh.? He wanted to comment on the foolishness of the name, but living for a decade with someone called ?Skywalker? made him stop. He watched as she stabbed an opponent with her shining silver lightsaber and squealed so loudly upon being pronounced the winner that he could hear her from where he stood. ?Two quick questions: Why does she have a silver lightsaber, and is she a good duelist??

?A silver lightsaber she has because she is special and powerful above all others, and shown, that must be! And yes, a good duelist is she. Never lost one since she came here, has she! Of course, having only come here a year ago, not hard, that is.?

?A year ago! Are we just taking in every Force-sensitive kid we find??

?Yeah, pretty much. And a kid, she is not! Fifteen, is she. Had three Masters already, the poor dear has.?

?Three Masters in a year?! How did she manage that??

?An unknown tragedy, what happened to the first two is. Lasted a full six months did the last one, before running away and screaming something about being ?unable to take it anymore.?? Yoda shrugged. ?A hard, terrible life, has this one lived! Born to poor parents and had to teach herself to read, she did, and-?

?Okay, I get the picture.? Obi-Wan nodded. ?She?s a super-special prodigy. But do I have to take her on? I thought that nobody, not even the Council, could force an unwilling Master to take on a Padawan. And I?m a member of the Council myself!?

?Want Ahsoka, Anakin did not at first! Look how beautifully they are shaping out, you must.?

?Master, she?s the most disobedient member of her age-group who has no respect for authority.?

?A teenager, you say? Agree, I do. And retconned the rules, we did! Do whatever we tell you, you must.?

?But I am the Council. Or a member, at least.?

?Oh, deal with it, you will!?

Obi-Wan sighed. ?Will anything positive come out of my arguing??

?Kriff, no!?

?Fine. I?ll try to make things work with her.? He figured he could just say he took her on and then turn all of the actual training over to Anakin. Teach him a lesson. ?I?ll pick her up from the Room o? Lost Souls in half an hour.? (For what it was worth, he hadn?t voted for that name

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

?Master Kenobi? That piece of gorgeous dreaminess?

Nods...truer words were never spoken!

There was so much I'd love to quote - the whole thing! Obi's "I am the Council" line, Yoda's snarking comments...=D=.

Just wonderful (PM me, please [face_praying] )

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    But I am the Council. Or a member, at least.?

?Oh, deal with it, you will!?

Obi-Wan sighed. ?Will anything positive come out of my arguing??

?Kriff, no!?

?Fine. I?ll try to make things work with her.? He figured he could just say he took her on and then turn all of the actual training over to Anakin. Teach him a lesson.

I just laughed thinking that Yoda would say - Kriff no![face_laugh]

Master Kenobi? That piece of georgous dreaminess. Love it.[face_love]

4. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Master Kenobi? That piece of gorgeous dreaminess?
    =P~ So true, so true...
    Great start, I lvoe your Yoda![face_laugh]
    Please PM me?[face_praying]

5. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Valairy_Scot: Thank you! I'm flattered. [face_blush] Added to the list!
    Gkilkenny: Thanks! I had a lot of fun writing this, particularly the Yoda-talk: I can make him say things you wouldn't hear him dreaming about it canon...
    GeneralKenobi7: Thanks so much for commenting, and of course! You've been added. :)

Obi-Wan sat in his apartment, angsting. How could this be happening? He couldn?t take on another Padawan! It was too dangerous, and besides, he had failed oh, so terribly with Anakin, judging from how he was currently raising Ahsoka. It had been a miracle that they had both found Ahsoka and managed to clean out his apartments before the Coruscanti Child Protection Agency arrived at the Temple. Actually, come to think about it, running away just before the yearly inspection had been rather good planning of hers.

His ponderings were interrupted by the gentle chime of a doorbell. He glanced up at the chrono, surprised; was it time for Rhiannon to arrive all ready?

Before he could wonder further, though, the durasteel door slid open and a young, feminine figure entered. ?I am a bit early, Master Kenobi. I?m so very sorry if that caused some inconvenience!?

?No, no, of course not!? Obi-Wan frowned suddenly, his comprehension of the happenings suddenly catching up to him, kind of in the same way that a train catches up to the poor person who happens to be crossing its tracks. ?Wait a minute! I didn?t mention to you my personal feelings about your time of arrival! Also, I?m pretty sure I didn?t open the door for you.?

?Oh, don?t worry about that!? She gave him an all-knowing, angelic smile. ?I opened the door myself, despite your numerous locks which I know you put on to keep Anakin out once he was knighted ?I?ve been watching you for some time, you see- and I read your mind.?

?That?s?? he was torn between ?impressive? and ?creepy,? and decided to say neither. ??impossible.?

She chuckled, a sound like a silver sunset, like a kitten walking upon a bed of roses carved from gold. ?Nothing is impossible, Master! You simply must learn from the student, just as the student must learn from the Master.?

?Right. I?m sure that?s it.? He nodded vigorously, wondering if this was one of those creatures that leave if you back away slowly, and then felt horrible for thinking that about his own student. ?Why don?t you go and settle in ?your room is the one on the left?and I?ll make some tea and we can get to know each other.?

?Tea? How delightedly old fashion! Your plan is a very good one, Master Kenobi, and I?ll be sure to be as fast and as graceful as a Nubian gazelle when putting my items away, so that I can enjoy this ?tea? with you!? With that having been said she skipped away, black hair fanning out like a cloud of locusts, of the most beautiful sort, around her.

Obi-Wan watched as she pirouetted into her bedroom, wondering just what in all of the however-many-there-were Corellian Hells he had gotten himself into.

?So?? Obi-Wan poured a steaming cup of carefully brewed rosefoot tea and set it before his new Padawan. ?Tell me about yourself.?

?Well, there really isn?t much to say.? She sniffed the liquid. ?I was brought to the Temple about a year ago. I was an orphan, living on the streets of a terrible desert planet. Tatooine, perhaps you?ve heard of it? I was Anakin Skywalker?s best friend; you see, even though I was five and he was nine I was a prodigy and he was dreadfully normal compared to me. But then I left for a week, because I had to go face Jabba the Hutt and some creatures called Vogons in a poetry reading contest ?I write the most beautiful poems; did I mention that??and when I came back he was gone. Oh, and I won the poetry reading contest.?

?Er? that?s good.? He really wasn?t sure how to respond; Anakin?s story had been so much more straightforward! ?How did you get to be on Tatooine? I heard you were Asajj Ventress?s sister.?

?Oh, well! That?s a tragic tale of woe.? She looked so sad that it was as if someone had just strangled a puppy in front of her.

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ?Wait a minute! I didn?t mention to you my personal feelings about your time of arrival! Also, I?m pretty sure I didn?t open the door for you.?

?Oh, don?t worry about that!? She gave him an all-knowing, angelic smile. ?I opened the door myself, despite your numerous locks which I know you put on to keep Anakin out once he was knighted ?I?ve been watching you for some time, you see- and I read your mind.?

?That?s?? he was torn between ?impressive? and ?creepy,? and decided to say neither. ??impossible.?

She chuckled, a sound like a silver sunset, like a kitten walking upon a bed of roses carved from gold. ?Nothing is impossible, Master! You simply must learn from the student, just as the student must learn from the Master.?

?Right. I?m sure that?s it.? He nodded vigorously, wondering if this was one of those creatures that leave if you back away slowly, and then felt horrible for thinking that about his own student

That, and the "Tumultuous Events" - and everything, really - is just so spot on for this story.

Loved this:

He couldn?t take on another Padawan! It was too dangerous, and besides, he had failed oh, so terribly with Anakin, judging from how he was currently raising Ahsoka. It had been a miracle that they had both found Ahsoka and managed to clean out his apartments before the Coruscanti Child Protection Agency arrived at the Temple. Actually, come to think about it, running away just before the yearly inspection had been rather good planning of hers.

[face_laugh] =D=

7. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Well, I?ve been in the Temple for as long as I can remember. After a series of Tumultuous Events, Master Qui-Gon Jinn took me as his apprentice and we had many an adventure together. When I was twenty-five he died and left me with a kid that I wasn?t ready to raise but tried to, to the best of my abilities. Said kid helped to start the Clone Wars. That?s it.?

?What a tale!? Rhiannon clapped her hands enthusiastically. ?And I?m sure it will prove that you don?t need to have lived and experienced too much to be a good Master!?

HaHa! Started the Clone Wars! I guess thats true from a certain point of view. Kids experiences always outrank the adult dont they? I m surprised Obi-Wan didnt run screamng from the apt when she said she was Anakin's best friend from Tatooine.

Very entertaining!

8. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan! It seems none of his student suffer of minor self-confidence...
    Loved the part about Ashoka running away (Anakin probably had a fit:p ).
    Great writing!=D=

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    With that having been said she skipped away, black hair fanning out like a cloud of locusts, of the most beautiful sort, around her. A cloud of locusts?!? :eek: Too funny....[face_laugh]

This whole thing is a real hoot so far, I love how over the top your Sue character is! :rolleyes:

10. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Valairy_Scot: Thank you! I loved writing this, and I'm glad your enjoying it.
    obsessedwithSW: Yes, it does seem to be true that a child gets noticed more for their experiences than an adult. Strange... thanks for commenting!
    GeneralKenobi7: Obi-Wan has no luck at all, poor dear. Thanks for reviewing!
    dm1: Thanks! Writing this has given me a new-found love for animal similes.
    Note: This is the last chapter I actually pre-wrote before attempting NaNoWriMo. Sense I've sworn off writing fanfic this month, in an attempt to jack up words on the original-fiction story that's killing me right now, there will be a bit of a hiatus until December, when this will be one of my main priorities.

This is why you should pre-write all chapters before posting.[face_beatup]

Obi-Wan was able to get a fairly accurate reading of Rhiannon?s character on the walk down to the Salle to spar. She seemed to be, in all categories, a perfect Jedi ?she carried herself statuesquely through the hallways but remained a proper one step behind him. She was able to keep up a steady conversation, though he had absolutely no idea what they were talking about seeing as he was too busy analyzing her to say anything other than ?Yes,? ?No,? and ?Yes, I hate Master Yoda as well,? at the appropriate moments.

Rhiannon seemed to be popular as well ?every Jedi they passed gasped and bowed down as she carefully stepped by them. Of course, the vain part of him insisted that they were bowing to him and not to his Padawan-of-approximately-one-hour, but the logical part of him played the mean old Lightsaber instructor that nobody liked and told him to shut-the-kriff-up and stop being so arrogant. So, unfortunately, he was to conclude that his Padawan was a proper and angelic young woman whom everyone loved.

That is, until the two arrived at the Salle and had changed, Obi-Wan wearing no shirt and a pair of very flattering leather pants to spar in, and Rhiannon in a skimpy little outfit that was all the rage among Padawans, even the ones who were supposed to be wearing proper tribal clothing that reflected their rich heritage as Togrutas. Not that he was going to name anyone, of course.

The trouble began when he spotted Anakin sparring with Ahsoka, and beating the Living Force out of her in their duel. He sighed; clearly, his first Padawan had learned no lessons from him about teaching. ?Padawan, would you wait here for a moment? I need to go lecture Anakin about doing the polite thing and letting his Padawan beat him.?

?Master, I am your obedient servant, but could I come over with you and meet Anakin and that apprentice of his? I would love to meet him.? She gave him a kind, beautiful smile, her teeth even whiter than her skin, which was paler than the coat of a sacrificial lamb.

?Well, okay. I guess so.? Obi-Wan shrugged. ?He?s not exactly the most pleasant person to be around and for the life of me I can?t imagine why anyone would voluntarily spend time with him, but sure.?

?Oh, goody!? She skipped along beside him, her long hair flowing out like velveteen black roses, attracting many stares that cost the lookers the duels they were in.

Once they became close enough to be heard by Anakin, Obi-Wan spoke. ?Anakin, stop the duel. I?m your old Master and I need to tell you what the proper way to be a Master is, because trust me, there?s only one.?

?I feel as though your statement represents all the repression society puts on individuals these days, Master, and I ask that you give me the freedom to develop my own style and way of teaching.?

?You call that teaching? All I?ve learned under you are swear words, and the idea that revenge is a perfectly acceptable thing. Which it is, but you?re supposed to tell me otherwise!? Ahsoka glared.

?Teenagers. So disobedient.? Anakin shook his head. ?But Master, will you consider my request for you to stop repressing me??

?No. Now, here?s what you?re doing wrong: Well, actually, a lot of things, but mainly, you?re not letting your Padawan win! You have to do that or she?ll develop no self c

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Dangnabit - I almost have to quote this entire post back at you!

Of course, the vain part of him insisted that they were bowing to him and not to his Padawan-of-approximately-one-hour, but the logical part of him played the mean old Lightsaber instructor that nobody liked and told him to shut-the-kriff-up and stop being so arrogant.

Poor Obi.

Obi-Wan wearing no shirt and a pair of very flattering leather pants to spar in
    [face_love] Couldn't you get Earlybird to illustrate this?:confused:

and Rhiannon in a skimpy little outfit that was all the rage among Padawans, even the ones who were supposed to be wearing proper tribal clothing that reflected their rich heritage as Togrutas. Not that he was going to name anyone, of course.

Hmm, that discussion over the other section of the board, right? ;) (I agree)

?Actually?? he hadn?t planned to let him know until he was on his death bed ?he wanted his last words to the boy he had spent a decade with to be as out-of-place and insensitive as his Master?s had been to him?but right now seemed like a pretty good time to let him know. ??I sort of did??
    =D=

Anakin stared at him. ?You got a new Padawan? You replaced me? How could you?? He looked like he was about to do what normal people did when they burst into tears, which for him equated to killing something.

?Obi-Wan likes me better,? snarled Anakin.

Rhiannon tossed her hair. ?Wanna bet??

Obi-Wan sighed. This mission would not be fun.

What a fantastic chapter! Great job - but you're going to make me wait for more? No!!!!!!

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Ha! I can't believe Anakin even has a Padawan.

Poor Ashoka, poor Obi-wan he has to put up with them all!

Well done=D=

13. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    I laughed myself throuight this, really I did![face_laugh]

?You can?t trust either.? He might as well be honest.
    So true...
    Will you continue this? I recall reading somewhere that this was a three-part piece...[face_thinking]

14. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Valairy_Scot: Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have any illustrations solely for this fic, but I do have this one that my sister made for me some time ago:

[image=http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/Shadowstar_Racing/obiwan.jpg] The scanner she was using wasn't top-quality, but you can see most of it.

Gkilkenny: Thanks! How Ahsoka made her way into canon is beyond me as well. :p
    GeneralKenobi7: Thank you! [face_peace] Yes, there's an indefinite amount of chapters ahead -along as the muse inspires, I'll keep writing (although I do have an idea of where I want to end.)

Which reminds me, I apologize for the lack of updates. [face_blush] I really must plan ahead better.

The walk to the Council Chambers was short, for which Obi-Wan was thankful for, as all of the skipping that he was having to do in order to keep up with Rhiannon, who seemed to be gliding through the air, was doing quite a number on his knees.

Unfortunately, this walk was about as eventful as it was short, mostly do to the two irritated followers that were walking at their own paces behind him and Rhiannon.

Ahsoka was the first person who was sulking along in his tracks, which was of considerable surprise to him, seeing as she was almost always leaping and bounding with great joy along the twisted roads composing her own path. For instance, there had been that instance when their roads diverged and she decided that she just had to go see the Galactic premiere of the holo-movie ?Old Celestial Body? (the second in a series about a girl and her angsty relationship with her zombie boyfriend.) Or perhaps that time she had chosen to lock herself up in a room for a week with only chocolate and a few bottles of water to sustain her, and had said, in between sobs and moans that tended to go somewhere along the lines of ?he never loved me,? that she would not come out until Anakin finally admitted to being married to Padmé, a thought so bizarre that Obi-Wan wasn?t really sure where it had come from.

Anakin was walking behind his Padawan, and considering that he was pouting so deeply that his lower lip seemed ready to need some sort of complicated brassiere to hold it back, he probably wasn?t setting the greatest example.

Actually, Rhiannon seemed to be the only person in a good mood as she skipped along ahead of Obi-Wan. Her hair flew out behind her, like a wave of midnight snow, and her skin was practically translucent in the bright lights of Coruscant?s sun as it poured into the windows, lighting the Temple?s hall. She would probably have been beautiful to him, if not for the fact that she was young, his apprentice, and that he had been repressing his emotions for so many years that he wasn?t really sure what beautiful meant.

Still, the Council Chambers were but a short distance from the sparring arena (supposedly due to the fact that when the Temple was first built, Padawans were wont to get overenthusiastic when fighting one another, and ?accidents? were so frequent that the Council spent more of their time yelling at the perpetrators than discussing important matters, so it had simply made sense to have the metaphorical crime scene located near to the metaphorical prison.), and the walk was over blissfully soon.

Obi-Wan turned to the Padawans. ?Ahsoka, Rhiannon, please wait outside for a minute. Anakin-?

?That?s ?Master Skywalker? to you,? interrupted Anakin, glaring and crossing his arms in defiance. ?Or is the title just some strange joke that you plan to strip me of as soon as my Padawan is gone, thus explaining my visions of myself complaining about how I don?t have the label of ?Master? in the future??

?-Master Skywalker and myself will be briefed on the mission alone, and give you the details afterwards.? Obi-Wan ignored his former Padawan?s rantings. Over the course of his life, he had found that many things weren?t worth paying attention to, and often enough Anakin was one of them (others included expiration dates, his Master, the High Council ?according to his Master?and the Force ?according t

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You crack me up, you do.

?That?s ?Master Skywalker? to you,? interrupted Anakin, glaring and crossing his arms in defiance. ?Or is the title just some strange joke that you plan to strip me of as soon as my Padawan is gone, thus explaining my visions of myself complaining about how I don?t have the label of ?Master? in the future??

?-Master Skywalker and myself will be briefed on the mission alone, and give you the details afterwards.? Obi-Wan ignored his former Padawan?s rantings. Over the course of his life, he had found that many things weren?t worth paying attention to, and often enough Anakin was one of them (others included expiration dates, his Master, the High Council ?according to his Master?and the Force ?according to the Council).

?I?ll obey you, or my name isn?t Rhiannon Guinevere Winchester Avalon Ventress Moonfire!? Obi-Wan?s current, better Padawan gave him a cheerful, chipper smile which displayed her angelic white teeth, lined up like tall, straight sentinels made of calcium and enamel.

?Thank you. And Ahsoka? I trust you?ll behave appropriately as well?? Force knew that there would be no consequences if she didn?t ?she was able to get off lightly most of the time since most of the Council members felt so bad about sticking her under such an incompetent teacher that they just let her do what she chose to?but he liked to pretend that she wasn?t any more special than any of the other Padawans.

And you know...

"Shouldn't you have put on a shirt before you left the sparring arena?" Mace raised an eyebrow at Obi-Wan's smoothly sculpted chest, which shone in the dim golden light splashing down from the ceiling of the Council Chambers, and reflecting in from Coruscant.

It shines! (For how long - does it need polishing? How often?@[face_batting] )

16. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    Shirtless Obi-Wan??=P~

Loved

?-Master Skywalker and myself will be briefed on the mission alone, and give you the details afterwards.? Obi-Wan ignored his former Padawan?s rantings. Over the course of his life, he had found that many things weren?t worth paying attention to, and often enough Anakin was one of them (others included expiration dates, his Master, the High Council ?according to his Master?and the Force ?according to the Council).

[face_laugh][face_laugh] This is so hilarious!

17. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Valairy_Scot: It shines from a light which springs forth of its own eternal will. :p Thanks for reading!
    GeneralKenobi7: :D Thank you!

Obi-Wan looked at the ship, at the docking information, and back again. ?There must be some mistake.?

Rhiannon slid up to his slide, as graceful as a mermaid in a crystal-clear pond on a beautiful summer day. ?Let me see, Master. My vision is high above that of most humans.? She looked down at the letters on the datapad, not even needing to squint her bright, swirling orbs, and shook her head. ?No, we?re definitely at the right place.?

?No, we aren?t. Don?t be silly.? Anakin shook his head. ?Nobody in their right mind would send us on a mission to Hoth in a ship that size.? He frowned, reconsidering his words. ?Although no one on the Council is in their right minds in the first place, so...?

?Come now, Anakin. Don?t speak out of jealousy; you know how desperately you want us to offer you Mastership and a seat.? Still, he had to wonder if his former Padawan was actually right. This was a rather small ship. And a rather old one, judging by how long it took durasteel to corrode. ?Let?s go inside and check the flight plan. If it?s going to Hoth, then we take it, and if not??

?But Master Kenobi, haven?t you said that the Council is never wrong?? Ahsoka somehow managed to sound innocent as she piped up. ?Wouldn?t there being a mistake disprove your words??

?Well, we don?t know that there is any problem. Let?s take this one step at a time.? That was a wise decision, he felt; Qui-Gon had taught him very early on in his apprenticeship that skipping steps could cause vital details (or ingredients, as had been the case that time) to be left out. ?First, we enter the ship. Then we pause and look around. After that, we will determine that, indeed, a mistake has been made, and we had best contact the Council so that it can be rectified immediately. Are there any questions as to our approach??

A chorus of ?No? came up from the group, in Anakin?s moody, teenager-like way, in Ahsoka?s perky-but-annoyed voice, and in Rhiannon?s sweet, breathy tones.

Speaking of his new Padawan, she was tossing her hair as they walked to the ship, shaking her head and letting it ripple like the ink upon which ancient stories had been written on. While on some the gesture would have appeared remarkably shallow, Obi-Wan noted that that was somehow not the case for Rhiannon. It was a simple second nature for her, and actually, she hardly looked as though she was aware of what she was doing.

Ahsoka, never one to be outdone, glared and tossed her head-tails, which flopped back onto her shoulders in a frumpy sort of fashion. ?Nerf-herding Sith supporter,? she muttered in Rhiannon?s direction.

?Petty, jealous, Agri-Corp farmer,? she replied, never allowing her lips to move from their perpetual half-smile.

?I?m so bringing you down.? Ahsoka and Rhiannon had fallen behind him, but he was easily able to picture her lips curled down to reveal predatory Togruta teeth.

?I?d like to see you try.?

This was the point at which Obi-Wan decided it would be wise to intervene. He was fine with a little bit of teasing between Padawans ?just as with Anakin and Ferus, it was perfectly healthy?but this looked as though it could get out of hand fairly quickly.

However, it was also the moment at which the cheerful quartet arrived at the ship, which gave him a much more important task to focus upon than to seeing that the two youths didn?t kill each other. ?Well, let?s see if the code works.? He walked to the small panel attached to the ship?s side, and quickly punched in a series of numbers.

The door creaked as it began to slowly rise, protesting like a bored senator. Actually, mused Obi-Wan, slowly was a bit kind. This was like waiting for a person to ascend to the top of Hoth?s tallest mountain, like waiting for Anakin to pick up his com-link.

?I think it?s up high enough for us to crawl under,? muttered Anakin. ?Although I?m not sure if I want my clothes to be wiping this floor.?

?Patie

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Very funny...poor Obi and his trio of one perfect and two imperfect sidekicks, er companions.

The door creaked as it began to slowly rise, protesting like a bored senator. Actually, mused Obi-Wan, slowly was a bit kind. This was like waiting for a person to ascend to the top of Hoth?s tallest mountain, like waiting for Anakin to pick up his com-link.

That Anakin - bet he picks up quickly when it's Padme.

?Both of you, shut up for a minute.? That was Anakin, depicting his stellar abilities to negotiate a deal between two parties, although actually, it was a lot more subtle than he had been that time with the Gungans.

You mean Obi still hasn't been able to teach Anakin anything!?

19. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    ROFL!! This gets funnier every time[face_laugh][face_laugh]

The overall theme appears to be 'Poor Obi':p

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan will be going grey very quickly,:oops: How is it that he gets stuck with all the brats
    in the temple.[face_laugh]=D=

21. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great fic so far.

Can I have a PM when you update this?

Thanks

EG

22. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Valairy_Scot: Thank you! I think that Anakin tries very hard not to learn anything. It's a skill.
    GeneralKenobi7: Thanks! We must all feel sympathy for Obi-Wan, for he is not perfect. Not like Rhiannon! :p
    Gkilkenny: Thank you! No worries, though; Obi-Wan ages in a very dignified manner. :D
    EGKenobi: Sure! You're on the list. :)

?Master Yoda, this is entirely illogical.? Obi-Wan frowned as he stared down at the com-link. This situation was starting to seem desperate, although it might just have been Rhiannon?s perfume that was making him think that way (it wasn?t overpowering; in fact, it smelled perfectly right on her, like the odor of the first sweet spring breeze to sweep across the moors at wintertime, but with such little distance between them, it smelled rather strong. Of course, if he had a decent com-link that could project an image higher than a few centimeters, then he wouldn?t have to have three other people crowding around him in the first place ?but of course, he didn?t run the Jedi?s budget.)

?Illogical, it is now? Illogical, giving your Padawan a Padawan as a Knighting present, is!? Yoda glared at them, somehow managing to sum up nine-hundred years of repressed wrath in one, miniscule expression.

?That doesn?t make sense ?never mind.? It would be most illogical to bother explaining to Yoda that offering another example of the Council?s foolery wasn?t going to help him to win his case. ?My point is, how are we supposed to stage a decent fight against the supposed droid factories on Hoth when there will be many of them, and four of us??

?Matter not, numbers do!?

?Two of us are untrained Padawans, one is newly-knighted, and the other-? [i]has a head that will be adding to the décor in a few moments [/i]?-isn?t sure he?s capable of pulling off such a mission.?

?Have some self-confidence, you must! Just because implied, Qui-Gon did, that worthless, you are, does not mean that true, it is!? Yoda pounded his gimer stick on the ground, and Obi-Wan was almost able to see the shockwaves move through the control panel upon which his com-link was set. ?Prove him wrong, you must now!?

?What? Qui-Gon said I was ?I thought that was just my teenage angst!- never mind.? That could be just another thing to keep him up at night when he wondered whether he would ever truly accomplish anything in his life. ?Would you at least be kind enough to tell me why we?re taking a ship that was made before I was born to fight a potential dangerous battle on a distant planet??

?Fighting the battle, the ship will not be! Your job, that is, if slipped your mind, that detail did.?

?But why is it so old? Usually, the ones you send us in are only around as old as Anakin.?

?Not that that?s in their prime youth,? said Ahsoka helpfully ?but nobody bothered to pay attention to her.

?Downsized the budget, the Republic did! Buying our ships from a secondhand dealer, we are forced to know. My problem, it is not.?

?But-?

?My problem, it is not! If get you to Hoth, it does, than working, it is.?

?Well, what if it doesn?t??

?Positive thinking, you must have!?

In that moment, Obi-Wan realized that for all he had fought and defeated Sith, droids and sewer rats, this was one battle that he simply could not win. Relenting, he began to pursue the other issue at hand. Not the one that involved having an irate former Padawan of course, or the one that involved his talented new Padawan, who, judging by the skills she had demonstrated thus far, had very little left to learn. This was the one that involved the apparent lack of clones. ?Well, what about the clones?"

"Indeed! What about the clones, I ask?"

"Where are they? I should have realized it before, but you neglected to mention how large a garrison we would be leading during the briefing."

"Neglect? Neglect, I did not! Think me to be just a senile fool, you do?"

"Of course not. But it's hardly unreasonable to say that, maybe, it slipped your mind. We are in a war. It can be hard to keep track of the small details." He co

23. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    No extra clothing on Hoth?? Is Ashoka suicidal?!

Yoda was PERFECT! Really:p

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: Thank you! I think that Anakin tries very hard not to learn anything. It's a skill.

Nah, I think it comes naturally.

?Yeah, well, courtesy may go a long way, but lightsabers are the shortcut.? Ahsoka uncrossed her arms and patted the hilt which was currently attached to her belt.

That sounds like something Ahsoka OR Anakin would say - great line!

Ahsoka broke the awestruck silence as they gazed at how astonishing space could be in its beauty. ?So, is it really cold on Hoth? Because I didn?t pack any extra clothing.?

See why dressing in a miniskirt and tube top may not be the best idea!?

I love each and every update!

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Asking? Asking nothing, I am! Telling you to take your new and old Padawans to go and blow the place up, I am! Optional, it is not."

"That sounds... unreasonable." Obi-Wan spread out his palm in a helpless gesture. "How can we take on a droid factory of the size you're estimating simply on our own? Getting in will be an issue, let alone blowing it up."

May the Force be with at least one of you!"

Anakin summed up the elephant in the ship nicely. "Well, we're kriffed

I pity poor Obi-Wan very time Yoda opens his mouth... BTW what is Yoda on,o_O does he have a stash of spice somewhere[face_laugh]

So funny.[face_laugh] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.