main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pathetic creature, Qui-Gon and Dooku, single post vignette for the Oldies Challenge authors thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Pathetic creature
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 80 BBY
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Dooku, OC?s
    Genre: one post HC Oldies challenge
    Summary: Qui-Gon visits the healers? ward after a slight mishap and joins a birthday celebration
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.

Note 1 Novice, Devotion, and Ache are my words for the challenge
    Note 2 The healers are mentioned in my story Aaquilin and Darrin

Pathetic creature

?Orthopedic surgeon Lawrin? was on the door where the young padawan put his hand on the buzzer. All doors in the surgery wing of the healers? ward were green and the receptionist had directed him to the surgery wing when he came in holding his left wrist. He had passed two other doors and had shivered a bit when he saw the name ?Neuro surgeon Bonjar? on one of the doors.
    He had never met the man but Marcho Rorima ? one of his friends ? did after an accident in the training room. And the young padawan ? like the other padawan a novice in the form of Soresu ? had been the cause of that accident. That had been six weeks ago and his friend had met the neuro surgeon who ? due to an accident when he was just an initiate ? used an old-fashioned wheelchair to get around. And the devotion and great skill of the healer had been essential. A procedure lasting twelve hours and with healer Lawrin assisting healer Bonjar was successful in restoring the use of Marcho?s right arm.

Marcho had recovered fully and he had demonstrated that this day by challenging his friends in a friendly game of getting to the top of the large Boolin tree in the garden of a thousand fountains.
    And the young padawan ? a lover of all living creatures ? had been one of the first to get to the top. And there it happened.

- - -

?Qui-Gon?

?Yes Marcho??

?A rockhound and she appears to be trapped in one of the holes.?

?I see and yes I can get her out.?

Qui-Gon swung his long legs downward and was able to get the trapped rockhound outside with a little bit of luck and a large bit of using the Force.

His love for animals had begun when he was just an initiate in the crèche and visiting with his group the children?s farm where Master Alco Moronin ruled over the chickens and nerfs. Chickens had come to him when he began to feed the bread ? taken from his plate during breakfast ? to them and one chicken had settled on his hand when he stroked the soft yellow down. Now he was stroking the soft fur of the rockhound to keep it quiet inside his tunics during the descent from the tree. And he managed, almost.

A metre from the grassy soil it happened.

The rockhound gave a loud squeeeek and jumped out of Qui-Gon?s tunics and Qui-Gon ? startled by the sudden move ? lost his hold on the branches. He fell down on his left arm and felt the wrist bending sharply. A soft moan managed to escape his lips and he was glad that his master was not there.

He remembered a recent training when the lightsaber of his master had grazed his arm, leaving a large burn. ?Padawan continue. That ache is nothing. When I was a senior padawan I visited my parents on Serenno and my mother told me about her pastime ? saber fighting with my dad ? and I have seen the exercises.? After the training he had seen pictures of Master Dooku?s parents and seen the great likeness of Master Dooku to his father. And after that he had been allowed to take care of the burn and he had headed to the healers? ward where the friendly healer Maerhin had treated his burn.

?Bad Qui-Gon??

?Don?t know but I will go to the healers. And Marcho don?t inform my master when you are going to the training room. It might take some time.?

?I will tell him that you are bringing an injured rockhound to the healers and see you.?

Qui-Gon gave his friend a big smile, hurried to the nearest elevator and directed it to the healers? ward.

- - -

Remembering this Qui-Gon didn?t notice the opening door and a friendly voice asking ?young one come in.?
    He felt a gentle hand gripping his shoulder and guiding him to a treatment table.
    ?

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great response to the challenge. =D= Nice to see Qui-Gon in a central role. :D

3. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    I liked this story a lot! Great response to the challenge and good use of your words too!

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Well done for the challenge, Qui-Gon had a penchant for pathetic creatures early on.=D=

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I love the way you meet your challenges.

=D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you. Qui-Gon is nice to write

Thank you for the exciting challenge

He had manny friends who brought him into contact with them;)

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.