main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Left Behind [AU; Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin] ? Completed & Alternative endings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthManul, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthManul

DarthManul Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2010
    Title: Left Behind

Authors: DarthCorsa and DarthManul

Timeframe: TPM

Genre: Drama/angst/hurt

Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Anakin, Shmi Skywalker, Darth Maul

Summary: Master Jinn rescued Shmi and Anakin from slavery, but sold his padawan to Watto.

Authors' Note: This story was previously published on FanFiction.net, however, this variant is corrected a little.

PM list:
    littleobiwankenobi
    Icepaw_Kenobi

2. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Left Behind

Anakin was packing his small bag?a slave had not much possessions. Of course, he could not leave C3PO, his protocol droid, here. The Jedi said that they would find a work for him in the Jedi Temple on the Coruscant. Ani was excited. Soon, he, his mother, Shmi Skywalker, and Qui-Gon would abandon this Sith forsaken sand Tatooine and travel to the city-planet. It was wizard! He remembered about his childish dreams of being a Jedi ? now, they would come true; he would be a Padawan to Master Jinn. But Ani could not understand why the tall Jedi was so unhappy. Perhaps, he liked this planet and wanted to stay here a little longer? Impossible! Or did he think that young Ani could not repair the royal ship? Anakin would help with pleasure!

(Several hours before that)

"Yes, Master?" asked his apprentice, who stayed on the royal ship to protect the ?Queen? and her crew.

"Padawan...Our plans have changed a little. Seems, I will need your help here and now" said Qui-Gon, trying to hide his emotions.

"Master, what's happened?" asked Kenobi, sensing something was wrong. He could not reach his Master's mind through the Force, because Qui-Gon?s shields were raised tightly. It was a little strange, but anyway Jinn was the Jedi Knight, and it was his prerogative to do as he thought it was appropriate.

"Nothing, Padawan, everything's all right, only some unfinished business. Shopkeeper, an old friend of mine, needs our help. And, please, leave your Jedi uniform on the ship. You know, local inhabitants don?t like the Jedi. We don't need unnecessary attention. Put on farmer's clothes. And your lightsaber. Leave it, too. Jinn's out."
    Kenobi blinked, but said nothing. He was sure that Qui-Gon?s first aim was to bring Amidala to the Coruscant. And as always he was going to help another pathetic life form. Sometimes he wondered if his Master considered him as one.
    But for all these years he used to trust and follow his Master's orders, not questioning them.

So, he quickly changed and left his lightsaber in his cabin. He also left his birthday present ? Qui-Gon's river stone, not wanting to lose it on the sand planet. It was very strange feeling to go somewhere without them. Even in the Temple, his home, he always carried his lightsaber with him.

Qui-Gon sighed. Of course, that what he was doing now was very unJedi-like. But he had no choice. Anakin definitely was the Chosen One from the ancient Jedi prophecy and must be trained. And [i]he[/i] would be the one, who would train this boy. Who had known that Watto bring the dice? He said blue for boy, and red for his mother. And he, old fool, thought it would be a will of the Force... He won Shmi Skywalker. A very pleasant woman, but useless for the Jedi. Also, the Toydarian could not be fooled by using the Force. "What you think you're some kinda Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don'ta work on me-only money. No money, no parts! No deal, no boy!" he winced, remembering the conversation. Most he could do to persuade the shopkeeper to change the boy on something equal. Or somebody. So, he remembered about his apprentice, staying on the royal ship. Well, he would free the boy and his mother. And his apprentice, his soon-will-be-form apprentice would not prevent training the boy. Fair enough. And what about Obi-Wan? He knew that the whole Jedi life was full of sacrifices. He would understand. If he would not understand, anyway, it's too late.

[hr]
    Master Jinn asked Anakin and his mother to wait for him on the outskirt of Mos Eisley. He told'em he should finish some business with Watto.

Oh, and there he was coming. Obi-Wan was approaching him, wearing plain farmer's clothes, same as his Master, and without his blue-white lightsaber. He looked at his Master with worry. With his deep connection with the Living Force he could sense that something was very-very wrong.

"Master?"

"Come on, my Padawan. I want to introduce you to somebody."

"As you say, Master."

Well, it wasn't a lie. He only did not say all truth.

They

3. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    [face_dancing]

love the story, Can´t wait for the next chapter.

4. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    This seems interesting, I am curious to see how it develops.

5. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    A/N

Ganki
    littleobiwankenobi

Thanks for reading. :) As somebody is reading this and expecting the next chapter - we decided to continue this story (This one is slightly different and corrected than on ff.net!).

A Slave

Soon the sedative was wearing off. He awakened. The familiar blue Toydarian was towering over him.

"Well, well, your former master said you're good at fixing things, aren't you?"

Obi-Wan looked at him, but said nothing. He was lying on the cold floor in the old junk shop. He sat and tried to remember last events. Qui-Gon, saying that he wanted to help his friend, shop, force-inhibiting collar, his Master?s sad smile and his last words "Forgive me, Obi-Wan." Kenobi touched the collar on his neck. Fine, he even could not reach the Force and search for answers as he often had done before. Was he a slave now? But it couldn't be true! It's an awful mistake! It was almost impossible; his Master could not do it. He suddenly remembered how Qui-Gon did not want to take him as a Padawan, but this was more than twelve years ago! Since that time their relationship much improved. He considered Qui-Gon as a father?like figure. He was sure Qui-Gon cared about him. Of course, Master Jinn could not do something like this! He could not abandon his Padawan on this distant planet! It's definitely a mistake! It was something wrong with his Master! Maybe, hot Tatooine's suns somehow damaged the head of Qui-Gon? But deep in his mind Obi-Wan somehow was sure that it was not the simple extra heat.

"Could I contact the Jedi Temple, please?" he tried to be as polite as a Jedi padawan should be.
    Toydarian laughed.

"Are you kidding, lad? You're my slave now!"

He swallowed nervously. So, was it true? Had his Master meaningly left him here? But why?

"Qui-Gon? He is Master of mine...he can never leave me?" he murmured.

"He has already done this, admit it. He changed Anakin on you. Now you will work in my shop for me. Your previous Master said you're quite good with this kind of work."

"Yes" answered Obi-Wan with dull voice. "Who is Anakin?"

What he could do now? Without the Force to support? Almost nothing. He would wait. Master Jinn would return here soon and take him back to the Temple. Probably, it was a skilful plan. Sure, it was necessary to pretend that Obi-Wan knew nothing about him being a slave, so he could act more convincing. "And if not?" the other voice, more cynical, asked in his head. What if his Master really meant all this? He remembered Qui-Gon's sad look as he was regretful, but could do nothing to change this.

It was not impossible to run away, but it was rather foolish to explode somewhere on the outskirts. And then, even if he had left this planet, could he return to the Jedi temple and face his former Master, who? betrayed him?

Some days ago, shortly after his awakening here, he sensed an agonizing pain in his head. It was so...awful, he could hardly breathe. His Master...former Master had severed their training bond, which was one of the strongest in the Temple, of course, it caused much pain.

Obi-Wan sensed that everything was alright with Qui-Gon, so he severed their training bond willingly, not as a result of an illness, unconsciousness or something. And, of course, not death!
    His hope to be rescued had gone. If Jinn left his apprentice here and even ruined the bond, surely, he would not tell the Council what?s happened. Or even worse ? they agreed with him.

As Watto said, Anakin was one of those poor slaves, but he was the best pilot and could fix almost everything. Good, but nothing special.

"Had Qui-Gon said something?" Obi-Wan asked. He wanted to understand his Master's behavior better.

"Well...he murmured something about the chosen one, pad...mmm...pada-wan. Nothing particular".

Then, it's true. He took midi-chlorian count of this boy himself. The highest anybody had seen before. Qui-Gon decided he was the Chosen One. If Qui-Gon

6. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    [image=http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/4140/60471752.jpg]

Here is the great collage made by DarthManul, while we're writing Left Behind

7. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    As of right now I am not very happy with Qui-Gon however I sadly do not expect that to change. How can he just leave his padawan and especially Obi-Wan?!?!

I am curious to see how this all spans out with the council and what the results of that will be. thanks for the update :)

8. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Ganki

Thanks for reading, you're welcome.
    Well, the rest of the story maybe more ...odd for you. I warn once again - this is AU:)

Anyway, wait a post from Darth Manul soon :)

9. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    He Died As Hero

This was only a week ago.

"Something you have planned, Master Qui-Gon, haven't you? To hide this from us why do you want, mmm?"

After the two-hour report about the diplomatic mission and what had happened after it Qui-Gon looked miserable: it seemed that even his hair was limp and the Jedi himself looked even not so tall and imposing as he usually was. This talk was a double experience for him: on the one hand, it was necessary to convince the Council that the former apprentice was dead and Anakin should replace him, on the other hand, Qui-Gon (he was realizing this rather good) was fighting anxiously against a still small voice in his head, which was trying to make him feel a shame. Naturally, there was no reason for the latest: the first, Anakin definitely was a Chosen One, that is, to be trained for a Jedi, the second, even if Obi-Wan had still retained alive, Qui-Gon would be lost for him as a Master anyway. That is why the story about the cruel fight at the slums of Mos-Eisley, where his poor apprentice died as a hero for a possibility of getting away for all the party, sounded a little unnaturally. It seemed, however, that the Council members mostly believed him, but Ki-Adi-Mundi and Mace Windu could perhaps doubt. He could most easily guess the opinion of Saesee Tiin, who had been sleeping all the time the Jedi had been speaking.

Anakin run along the narrow beam, swinging rhythmically with a training lightsaber again. This time he did not fall at the middle of the beam and having run by the end precisely landed in front of his master. A perfect apprentice: any other one would require to practice tens times before the trick looked satisfying, when the Chosen One successfully passed the whole beam by the third trial - this was the only thought available to his Master at such minutes.

"Well done! Your training is going extremely fast. A day when we will go to a real mission is near. And now I am going to teach you to use the Force when you're jumping..."

[hr]
    For a whole minute Ki-Adi-Mundi was staring straightly at the Jedi Knight and it was very difficult for the last to keep that mind rush.

"We can...see through you!" said Ki-Adi-Mundi uncertainly. "You have told us a strange story ?"

Qui-Gon attacked once more time, preventing from further questions.

"I had no choice, you see: if I had followed the gang, I would not save my poor apprentice, but either the Chosen One would be lost or the queen would be left without any guard. I did what I had to. And I will do this for the future" he concluded efficiently.

"Well" said master Windu after a silence. "Now the queen and the Chosen One are in safe. Isn't it better for you to return to Tatooine to find the killers?"

"And to meet Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon scared in his mind. "Oh, no, shall they better suspect me in anything else!" It was a time for critical words.

[hr]
    Qui-Gon was nearly ill after eight hours of a non-stop meditation. The Chosen One turned up as a very fit to mind connection with his teacher. An over fit: his thoughts crowded Qui-Gon's own ones out, replacing them with: unclear plans of some machines, amazing views from the cab of a flying-car pilot and ? this was the most disgusting thing ? a face (no, a muzzle!) of that Toydarian. In his mind the master felt that he was a bit envy to the apprentice who, perhaps, had been having fun unlike the teacher.

"Ani, you can go...to see your mother" Qui-Gon could hardly speak these words. "Our lessons are finished for today." He grinned, not controlling himself and added: "And...meditate before going to bed!" How much time had he repeated these words to his former padawan?

[hr]
    He remembered his meeting with Council again.

Master Jinn's statement sent the entire Council in amazement.

"To train? Are you sure this is a real will of the Force - to train Anakin as a Padawan?" Master Windu broke the silence.

"Everybody learned the Force in different ways" wisely said Ki-Adi-Mundi "may be others sensed something different? Master Tiin?" he saw

10. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Here we go, another chapter:

A Visitor

After several weeks as a slave nobody could recognize one of the brightest students of the Temple in this young man. Obi-Wan?s reddish spiky hair was longer and he had cut off his waist-length braid with different beads ? the last thing that had linked him with the Jedi. He remembered every bead: some of them were won on different padawan torments; others were presents from Qui-Gon. He was wearing dirty rags instead of usually neat and clean Jedi tunic and pants. His changing blue/green eyes were gray and dull now, but something?dangerous appeared in them.

Obi-Wan could not reach the Force to calm himself down and to search for the answers. He desperately wanted to meditate. Interesting, he had hated doing this before. He remembered Qui-Gon, instructing him to sit still and meditate?

He often was thinking about his current status. He was left on the wild planet, far from the Temple. Besides, Obi-Wan was sure that the Council had already believed he was dead or something like this. They had no reasons not to trust one of the most famous Jedi Knights, besides they were considered as one of the best Master/Padawan teams. So, he was distracted. Maybe, he should run away, tell everybody the truth?But should he? Did they really need another pathetic padawan? Maybe, it was the will of the Force to stay here, on the Tatooine, and it would be best to follow it?

Obi-Wan also knew that he had a slave implant in his body, so it would be rather foolish to run away ?he would only blow up. And although he didn't want to escape, he did not want to be dead either. He simply did not know what he would do. At first, he thought he was so worthless and pathetic ?that's why his former master had left him on this Sith forsaken planet. But then he realized that Jinn wanted to train a new padawan ?"the Chosen One" from the ancient Jedi fables. Of course, this Anakin was more important for the Jedi than Obi-Wan.

But they often had said that he had had a great potential. He had been one of the finest swordsmen in his age group. Master Yoda had said that someday he had been able on the Council. They wanted to knight him soon! Maybe, right now he possibly could be on his own first mission!

Slowly, he was beginning starting to hate all of them ?the Jedi, this Anakin and Qui-Gon. His apathetic of the first weeks was replacing was being replaced with hatred.

So, now he was working in Watto's shop. Obi-Wan repaired droids and fixed old ships ?a simple work for the former padawan. In the Temple he was trained not only fighting with his lightsaber. But someday he would find an escape. He would revenge.

He was heading to Mos-Eisley, loudly cursing. It was very hot this afternoon and he didn't like this kind of weather at all. If he had had a choice, he would have chosen the Hoth with its wampas and snow. But he had no choice, so he approached this damned sand city.

Oh, how he hated all this! Sand everywhere, hutts, smugglers and slaves! Awful. Small dirty houses, canteenas and some junk shops.

He passed several of them but didn't enter. He had a funny feeling that soon he would see something important, something that would change all his life. Something he had been sent here for. Funny, he was sure that he would find nothing here.
    Suddenly he stopped and entered one of these small shops, plain and gray as others.

A huge pile of broken spaceships stacked up behind it.

"What do you want?" asked blue Toydarian, flying toward him.

He surveyed this place. Absolutely nothing special, not very big, dirty, broken droids and spare parts all around. Was the evidence here? It could possibly be a mistake.

"Parts for Travk'in-1502" he hissed. He didn't really need them, but it was a good excuse. It would be quite suspicious to ask direct question.

"Well, well, you'll find everything you need" smiled Toydarian and cried "Lad! Come here! Help the customer."

When Obi-Wan appeared, and he saw the young man, he was in deep shock.

He definitely saw this young man's holopictures and r

11. Darth_Cable

Darth_Cable Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Awesome story

Can I get a pm when you update?

12. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Aww poor Obi! Curse you Qui-Gon Jinn, you bucket headed, force following, glob of bantha spit! You sorry excuse for a jedi!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway... Great story! I look forwards to seeing more!

If you have a pm list, please add me to it.

13. littleobiwankenobi

Aug 5, 2009
    =D= love the collage from Darth Manul[face_dancing]

but qho is the visitor, do´t let us wait to long

please pm-list or this story, I don´t want to miss any chapter

14. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Hangover Dream

In the hard day's night (it had been really difficult to persuade the Council to take Shmi, the Chosen One's mother, as a cook for the canteen of the Temple) Qui-Gon went to his favorite pub, which was the only thing able to help him to do for his sore memories. When the door closed after the last visitor, Dex left his bar and sat in front of the Jedi. The latest had already drunk a half-dozen glasses of ardees, waiting for his friend to free.

?Well, just drink it, buddy, and you'll get better. Instead of learning the difference between knowledge and wisdom we just?? he refilled the Jedi's glass. ?And may the great Force take him!?

Qui-Gon heavily put an empty glass on the table and he fell down himself. Dex looked around confusedly, sighed, then stood up and tried to move to the back room as quietly as a clumsy good giant could.

And the Jedi was on the Tatooine again, sun rays were burning the sand floor and the dice was falling and falling down. Green turned.

?This breaks our agreement!? Toydarian cried, then captured Qui-Gon and pulled to the store behind the shop, where large equipment was kept.

?You definitely have to take the Chosen One as a Padawan, Master? Obi-Wan said instructively standing at the door. ?That's right; however you need to learn to assemble hyper-drives first.?

That was not his padawan but himself, he was forced to stay on a desert planet and to suffer from slave's existence all his life for some great purpose. However, he did not want, he did not choose this and perhaps there was another way?

?Master Qui-Gon! Oh, Master Qui-Gon!?

?I am busy, Ani, leave me alone.?

?Master Qui-Gon?!? There was treat in the boy's voice.

The Jedi turned round: Anakin was standing with a lightsaber and his face looked extremely bad and dangerous. Qui-Gon could not stand Padawan's sight, moved back and then run through passages of the ship. Having run to the beach of the lake, he stopped to restore his breath. Suddenly, he heard a familiar sound and turned round again. Anakin was already in ten meters and two gray-blue wings were clapping at his back. Qui-Gon had nowhere to run away, there was only a lake in front of him and its opposite bank was hidden by fog.

?Wesa goen underwater, betrayer!? Padawan, elusively transforming into gungan, dived into the lake, dousing his master.

The echo started repeating ?Betrayer!? with droids' metallic voice. The small two-finger metal arm caught Qui-Gon's leg and pulled him into the water. He tried to cut it with a lightsaber, but instead of it there was only a bottle of ardees and a pocket with dice on his belt.

The underwater city was in alarm: gungans, wild bantas and a few senators were scurrying everywhere. It was necessary to find a bongo quickly, but it was not easy to pass the crowd of many creatures. ?So, you supply the Pod and the entry fee; I supply the boy,? murmured the voice in Qui-Gon's head. ?He can see things before they happen.? Of course! Jar Jar and the Jedi began to struggle to the racing pod which was standing alone, planning to float through the planet kernel on it.

?Mes'is clumsy!? Gungan cried. "Now yusa will leave mesa as a mackineeks' slave for a new pod!?

?Let me better to leave, Master!?

?Obi-Wan?!?

The former apprentice without his braid and any feelings in his eyes stood in front of Qui-Gon in strange baggy and dirty clothes. The master could physically feel the depression and hopelessness radiating from him. He was not saying anything, just looking at his former master and everything was coming clear. Qui-Gon wanted to apologize, he wanted to beg him to understand the importance of training the Chosen One, because the silence was becoming unbearable.

?Obi-Wan, please forgive me..!?

[hr]
    ?It is all right, buddy, it is all right. That is because of ardees, drink some water?? Besalisk's arm gave Qui-Gon a cup full of cold water surprisingly carefully. ?You was talking to Obi-Wan during your dream; I can understand this, but you are a Jedi and your life is connecte

15. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Another Master

He smirked. Indeed, it was not a mistake to come exactly here. Maybe, that was a will of the Force?

?Who're you?? he addressed to the young man, staring at his face.

?A slave? he mumbled, surveying the customer. Was not it obvious?

A slave? How strange. He had opposite information. And then, where was his Master? A slave too? If Qui-Gon had been dead, he would have already known about this. Everybody knew that this Master/Padawan team, Jinn-Kenobi, was inseparable. And Qui-Gon himself would do everything to save his beloved apprentice. Besides, he'd also heard that Master Jinn was at the Jedi Temple now. And he was training a padawan? Stop! This padawan was not Kenobi! Well, there was some sense in it!

?But you haven't spent much time here?? He wanted to know all about this mystery.

?About three weeks? Do you know me?? Obi-Wan was not sure.

Maybe, he and his? former Master had met this man before, on one of their different missions, and now he recognized Obi-Wan? Or, perhaps, this man somehow recognized a Jedi padawan in him? Well, many people respected the Jedi. On the other side, many people hated them, too. Was it an unexpected salvation or cruel further misfortune?

?I don't think so, kid. But I've heard about you.? It was truth.

He already had a plan.

?You can call me Baal Baster? he decided to tell his name. One of his names. But this one was real, though he almost had forgotten it.

?Yes, Master Baster? Obi-Wan respectfully bowed. Right now he had no reasons to be rude with this man. Interesting, as long as he had been a padawan he'd used to call so his mentor Qui-Gon Jinn and now he was using the same word, too.

Baal grinned.

?So, do you have parts for??

?Yeah, best ones!? Watto returned from the nearby shed.

?Great.?

?My slave also can help you to fix your ship; he is the best mechanician in the city. For extra payment, of course.?

?Indeed. But I'm interested in something else? he said, giving Watto some money for unnecessary parts.

?Yes, what is this?? Togorian's eyes were greedy now.

?Him.? Baal nodded to the young man.

?Me?? Obi-Wan thought . It was?unexpected. ?Why? Somebody needs me? For what??

Did anybody miss him in the Temple? Of course, his best friends. But everybody in the Temple knew what a dangerous life Jedi had. He smiled sadly. Certainly, his former Master was not grieving him. He was probably training his new padawan now. But did he remembered about the previous one, Obi-Wan?

It was so?wrong. The closest person in his life betrayed him? He didn't know if he can ever forgive Qui-Gon. Maybe, some more weeks here and he would go insane. Did he care? Obi-Wan was not sure.
    Now what about this stranger? Did they run across at one of their different missions? It was possible, they visited so many places. Now, he was not able to recognize anybody in this man, wearing hood; he could not see his presence in the Force. He shrugged, feeling the steel of his collar.

?This lad?? asked Watto. The new slave was very skilled with this kind of work and brought him good money. What would the customer offer instead of him?

Baal gave Watto a bag with money without any words. He took it. Opened and whistled. It was mint of money; he even could sell the shop and live as he wanted. So, why not? The deal was fair enough.

?He is yours.?

When all formalities had been done, young Kenobi, without a slave implant, but still with Force-inhibitor collar on his neck, and Baal were heading to the 'broken' ship.

?Master Baal?? Obi-Wan tried to ask.

?Not now.? He waved his hand.

Soon they reached the ship.

16. littleobiwankenobi

Aug 5, 2009
    :_|

what want Master Baal Baster from Obi Wan.

is it good or bad !!

thanks for the pm and for two chapters

17. Icepaw_Kenobi

Jun 26, 2009
    Great updates!!! =D=

I'm glad Qui-Gon is regretting leaving Obi-Wan behind. :mad:

Thanks for the pm.

18. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Thanks everybody for your replies, we're very pleased.

Icepaw_Kenobi,
    DarthCorsa asked to notify you about a new chapter of I Will Do What I Must had been published, you had once appeared there, but vanished mysteriously)

littleobiwankenobi,
    ?is it good or bad !!?
    ?Don't center on your anxiety, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs.? (you-know-the-source-very-well) :)

19. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Chapter 7: Sold!

A/N: Any thoughts?

So I stand still
    In front of the crowd
    Excited faces
    What will be next?
    I still don't have a clue
    I still don't have a clue

Blind Guardian ?The Minstrel?

Qui-Gon was not sleeping that night. Just could not. He was remembering his apprentice, left on Tatooine, again and again. Fortunately, Anakin was not in their shared quarters and did not see his Master's torments. He allowed the boy to have a short vacation?about a week?and to stay with his mother.

The next day he was standing in front of the Jedi Council. He carefully raised some mental shields and lowered the others, uncovering some thoughts about his gone Padawan. He didn't want the Council to be suspicious. This session should be rather hard and wearing.

?Master Yoda, I'm asking about some days off. I want to visit the Tatooine again.? Well, it was true. He should keep his voice convincing. Though it was not difficult after his hang-over dreams?it sounded sadly.

?Tatooine, you want visit to?? asked the ancient Master, staring at Qui-Gon.

?Qui-Gon, are you sure?? Mace Windu asked. He was Qui-Gon's old friend, so he didn't want his fellow Jedi to grieve more. He knew that Master Jinn was very attached to his Padawan. At first, Mace was very suspicious (Obviously, he remembered Melida/Daan well), but then he understood.

?Yes, I must? (Indeed, what did he have to do?)? The Force says to me? (This lame excuse was working since reaching the knighthood)? I would like to find him? his body for a proper Jedi funeral (Yes, ?to prepare? him. For funeral.)?

?Yes, the Council gives you its permission. The boy, we will look after.? Master Yoda answered after eternity. Master Jinn even began to think that old Master had guessed about something.

Qui-Gon respectfully bowed. He instinctively wanted to turn his head and check up the apprentice, who certainly was following him, then remembered that Obi-Wan was no longer his padawan and Ani was spending time with Shmi. Then he headed to the Temple Hangar.

On the board of the fast Jedi fighter Qui-Gon was in deep meditation.

Honestly, he began to worry, whether it had been the will of the Force or only his cruel imagination.

I will land there and what then? What will I be supposed to tell my former apprentice? ?Yes, the Council allowed me to train the Chosen One and they're sure you was shot during the street fight. I only had enough time to pick up your 'saber?the sacred Jedi weapon?and to run with the boy and his mother to protect them. If they think you're dead then it soon will be so?? Or I'll ask him to live peacefully on Tatooine and do not leave it? for his entire life. Surely, my dutiful apprentice will understand and won?t prevent me. But? No, it's not an option. It will be too dangerous. So, only one choice is right. The first one. What an irony, we often dreamed about ceremony of Obi-Wan's knighthood and now I'm going to kill him in cold blood. To kill and to go away, forgetting about this.

He shut his eyes. The meditation could not help him to calm himself.

Soon, the Tatooine with its two blazing suns appeared.

Master Jinn landed the ship, put on his farmer's cloak and carefully hid his lightsaber. Hm, Obi-Wan's lightsaber now was on the shelf in his own common room. After this? he would put it away.

He headed to Mos-Eisley, trying not to think about anything, but images of the last years stubbornly appeared in his head.

Ah, the familiar shop. He pushed the door, came in, wishing that soon it all would end. He just could not bear any more. He took enough money to buy the slave. Then he would lead Obi-Wan out of the city, explain him everything and? kill him. And burry his body somewhere in the sand. Nobody on the Tatooine would remember about this accident, this kind of events happened too often here. Obi-Wan would not resist much, not with force-inhibitor collar and blind trust in his Master.

?Yes? What do you need?? the blue Toydarian asked. ?Ah! I remember you! Do y

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I gotta tell you this is really, REALLY AU because this behavior of Qui-Gon's is so out of character (killing Obi-Wan?!?) that's it actually worth a head shake or two every few thoughts or so of Qui's.

Shakes everyone out of their comfort zones, it does. ;)

21. littleobiwankenobi

Aug 5, 2009
    :_| o no Qui Gon will not kill obi wan. I don´t believe what i´m reading.

So does qui gon no the master or not. I think he will no that his thinking goe to the darkside. Also that obi with his new master goes to the darkside. So who is helping who.?

22. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    littleobiwankenobi and Valairy_Scot,
    Thank you for such a rapt attention, we?re very pleased. Sometimes the help appears whence you don?t expect it to come from. But now,??How embarrassing!??the next chapter tells about?

?The Way to the Dark Side

Although Obi-Wan could repair almost any space ship (thanks to his padawan training), he had never seen the Travk'in-1502 models before that. It was not rather big, and being made of dark metal, fitted excellently for its owner being as rude and having such a combat view as he did. Soon he found the orientation regulator looking like fish scales because of shining brightly on the sun; it had no significant failures and Obi-Wan was wondering what his new owner needed the bought parts for.

Anyway, it was the chance; the chance to leave this awful planet, to return to the Republic, to meet Qui-Gon. What for? He did not know it exactly. The Jedi had to control their feelings and passions, but Obi-Wan was not sure whether he would be able to forgive his former master or not. And there was also a pretty little thought, naturally, an ugly and inglorious one: to revenge Qui-Gon somehow. The more Obi-Wan tried to overcome it to keep himself the Jedi, the more attractive it became. In fact, the main revenge would be in his return itself. He imagined Master Qui-Gon?s face after his fairy tale (surely, he had composed one) would be broken. It would be exciting! So great that his nomination as a Master for the Chosen One (how could it come another way?) seemed not so significant. Damn to this all! It was better not to remember where this way led!

?Go to that capsule and take the instruments,? Baal ordered, when they came into the ship, pointing to the small door.

Obi-Wan obediently went there, but as soon as he entered the capsule the door closed automatically. What did this mean?

Baal Baster smiled sweetly, used the Force to throw away the box with needless parts and went to the cabin, going to leave the planet quickly.

When Obi-Wan convinced that the door was not going to open, he soon overcame his fear and started thinking what could all that mean.

Firstly, who was his new owner and whom did he serve? Since the moment Obi-Wan saw him, it had been clear that Baal was not a common Tatooine inhabitant. Of cause, he could be an extraordinary person who could afford himself, on the one hand, to differ from others and, on the other hand, to have his own slave. However, it was more likely that Baal was not connected to any gang or criminal world at all, but this did not make the things better. The Jedi Order had lots of enemies and it easily could happen that they learned about the lonely padawan and decided to capture him; their purposes could be various, but certainly unfair and evil. There was also a chance that Qui-Gon sent someone to free him (though it was rather an impossible option), but the way Baal was executing it did not seem to be a rescue operation; and, even if that was true, why did not master came himself? Now Obi-Wan was ready to any trick from him.

Secondly, what could he do to persuade Baal to help him? Watto refused having any deals with his slave even when Obi-Wan promised him a fine fee for the connection with Coruscant. He only laughed and thought that his new slave had his head damaged with the hot Tatooine sun. He did not know that Qui-Gon and him were the Jedi (?You? A Jedi? Ha!?) As far as his new owner could pay for needless parts only to buy a desired slave, it seemed that he was not interested in money much. Maybe promising him the patronage of the Jedi Order would help? Also, there was the last way, a mean and dirty one, but he did not want to remain a slave so much that?

Suddenly, the door opened and Baal Baster came into the capsule. Obi-Wan flinched. Now Baal was without the hood; his face was covered by strange and threatening tattoos. He did not seem to be a good person or to serve such ones.

?Do you know who am I?? Baal asked.

?Yes, master Baster,? Obi-Wan answered, but the Zabrak only lau

23. Icepaw_Kenobi

Jun 26, 2009
    Ooh, very good. So suspensful! I look forward to seeing what Obi-Wan decides!

Thanks for the pm.

24. Icepaw_Kenobi

Jun 26, 2009
    Ooh, very good. So suspensful! I look forward to seeing what Obi-Wan decides!

Thanks for the pm.

25. littleobiwankenobi

Aug 5, 2009
    [face_skull] so what will it be [face_frustrated]

Don´t do it obi. ifen the darkside couln´t find a name for the very good and strong in the light of the force padawan obi wan

Obi-Wan could not think clearly. He had enough time to do it, but the answer had come immediately. The former Jedi breathed heavily.

So what will it be, I hope he will stay one the light side, and want join the DarkMaster ( Maul ??)

Yes Palpatine has to look out or he will, not have a apprentice anymore.

please up date soon, can´t wait what really will happend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.