main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Kelia's Drabble thread...Starring Obi-Wan/Anakin...Week 3 up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: Kelia's Drabble thread
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Akanin Skywalker...for now
    Timeframe: All will be pre -ROTS
    Genre: A mixture of everything
    A/N: This is my response to the 5th UDC. Hope you enjoy! Please let me know if you want PM's.

Doctor

?You sent for a what?? Obi-Wan gapped at his padawan in horror.

Anakin bit back a smile. ?A doctor.?

?Oh no.? Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Get me to the Temple. I?ll see a healer like always.?

?There?s not time.? Anakin gazed at Obi-Wan?s injury. ?If your leg is not set properly, it won?t heal correctly and you?ll never walk right again.?

?But I don?t trust -,?

?I do.? Ankain?s voice was firm. ?And I need you to trust me.?

Obi-Wan opened his mouth, freezing at the look on Anakin?s face. ?Fine,? he sighed. ?Just make sure -,?

?I will, Master.?

Companion

?Pleased we are a success your first mission was,? Yoda paused, smiling slightly. ?Find the Senator where did you??

?At his private residence,? Thirteen year-old Anakin Skywalker answered. ?He was with his?his?,? he paused, glancing up at his Master.

Obi-Wan coughed uncomfortably. ?His companion.?

?Right, companion.?

Mace Windu nodded. ?And do you know who this companion is??

?Just a woman he pays to have sex with him,? Anakin answered without flinching.

The entire Council was stunned into silence before bursting into laughter.

Obi-Wan?s cheeks turned bright red. ?Anakin!?

?Well she was!?

?I meant her name,? Windu gasped, in between laughs.

Time

?I?will?always?be?with?you?Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan wiped away a tear as his Master?s last words echoed in his ears. An entire year had gone by since that fateful trip to Naboo.

He could hardly believe it.

Just as he could hardly believe all the opportunities to spend more time with Qui-Gon he?d given up, naively thinking they?d have many more years together. And while he felt Qui-Gon?s presence every day, it wasn?t the same.

?I will never waste time again,? he vowed, tapping the tickets to that afternoon?s blob races in his tunic pocket.

?Anakin,? he called, rising to his feet. ?We?re going out.?

Space

Anakin gazed out the transparisteel window into the vast blackness of Space, his heart marveling as if he were seeing it for the first time. No matter how many trips he and Obi-Wan made over the years, he?d never lost his fascination with star and planet gazing.

A small shiver ran through his body, casing him to smile as he remembered that first trip from Tatooine and the beautiful Queen who?d gone out of her way to make him as comfortable as possible.

Padmé.

The though of her warmed him still. ?One day,? he solemnly whispered. ?We will be together.?

Dimensions

Anakin stood before the Jedi Temple, his eyes filled with amazement as he took in it?s vast dimensions.

?I?I?m going to live?there??

Obi-Wan smiled. ?Yes, and I promise you?ll love it.?

?But?it?s so?big.? Anakin?s face wrinkled with worry. ?What if I get lost??

?Then I?ll find you,? Obi-Wan answered, kneeling to face him. ?I promise you, no matter what happens or where you wander off to, I will always find you.?

Anakin smiled. ?Really??

?Really.? Obi-Wan stood, offering his hand to the young boy. ?Let?s go in and get settled, shall we??

Anakin quietly slipped his hand into Obi-Wan?s. ?Okay.?

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice those sweet and happy moments between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Will you please give me a PM when you continue:)

3. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    [face_laugh] Companion was gooooood!

The others were very touching as well. I loved the one with Qui-gon too.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Companion, indeed [face_laugh]

And that last one...aw, =D= [face_love]

5. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Lovely drabbles that fit their titles very well, KELIA!

"Companion"...[face_laugh] How straightforward Anakin can be! :D

I also loved the lines

?I will never waste time again,? he vowed, tapping the tickets to that afternoon?s blob races in his tunic pocket.

?Anakin,? he called, rising to his feet. ?We?re going out.?

I can imagine blob races are certainly not Obi-Wan's usual sort of thing, so it's nice to see him making the effort to go to one for Anakin's sake. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. brokenlullaby

brokenlullaby Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2010
    Doctor: Aww. I loved this. Obi-Wan is so stubborn! I'm glad to see that Anakin actually cares. It shows a more tender side of him. Brilliant. =D=

Companion: Definitely my favorite. Anakin is so straight-forward! But, then again, aren't most children? This one had me laughing for a while... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Time: Beautiful! Very well-written, and I loved the ending. It made me smile.

Space: I picture Anakin as a young boy in this one, which almost makes it comical for me. He was always thinking about Padme, even in his youth. A love-struck little boy. That may not have been your intention, but that was what I took from it. :)

Dimensions: Awww so cute! It's nice to think of Anakin and Obi-Wan this way. They cared for each other so much. I really liked this one, too. =D=

They were all wonderful, darling. I love me some Ani/Obi love. They're so cute. If you have a PM list, put me on it, please. I'd be interested to see where this drabble contest takes you.

7. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Lovely drabbles, I really adore the relationship between Obi-Wanand Anakin here[face_love]
    And Companion was hilarious!

Please put me on your PM list!:D

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan Nice those sweet and happy moments between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Thank you! I?m hoping to keep this series focused on the lighter, happier times between the two.

HelloKelly: Companion was gooooood!

The others were very touching as well. I loved the one with Qui-gon too

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed them, and I admit, companion was my favorite to write :D

Vallairy_Scot: Companion, indeed

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Well, that is one way of putting it!

Valiowk: How straightforward Anakin can be!

Younglings have a tendency to get right to the point, don?t they? :p

Glad you enjoyed the set.

brokenlullaby: They were all wonderful, darling. I love me some Ani/Obi love

Thank you so much!

I hope you enjoy the rest of the series as well.

GeneralKenobi7: Lovely drabbles, I really adore the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin

As do I!

And I hope you find the rest of the series just as enjoyable.

9. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Island

Anakin bit his lip as he stood at the edge of the misty forest, glancing up at Obi-Wan uncertainly.

?Are you sure this is part of my training??

Obi-Wan quietly took his hand, squeezing reassuringly. ?Yes. It was part of my as well, when I was your age,? he paused as the memories flashed before his eyes. ?Jedi have been coming to this island for over two centuries to work together, learn and grow.?

?Then how come I have to go in there alone??

?You won?t be alone,? Obi-Wan corrected. ?The others you will have to find on your own.?

Survival

Anakin stood in front of a massive tree trying to calm his nerves. The second he stepped into the forest, he sensed the danger lurking everywhere. From the plants, the wildlife, even the very air he was breathing.

?Master will save me, if I?m in real danger,? he whispered, forcing himself to move forward despite his pounding heart.

A loud creak from behind had him dropping to his knees.

?Skywalker, is that you??

Anakin groaned softly. ?I?m being punished?, he thought rising to his feet and turning to face the last person he wanted to see ? his arch nemesis Ferus Olin.

Lost

?I think we?re lost,? Ferus announced, trying to sound brave.

?I?m not,? Anakin countered with a slight quiver in his voice.

Ferus starred at him arching a single eyebrow. ?Where are we then??

?In the forest,? Anakin shrugged.

?How do you suggest we get out of it?? Ferus? jaw clenched.

?By finding the edge and walking out of it.?

Ferus? fists clenched. ?Look Skywalker, smart remarks aren?t helping.? Pausing to take a deep breath, he continued, ?Do you know where -,?

?No.? Anakin?s shoulders slumped. ?But I bet if we work together, we can find it.?

Ferus nodded reluctantly.

Other

The boys walked quickly through the dense trees, not saying a word to each other.

Anakin glanced at Ferus thankful their forced partnership was a quiet one, for had nothing to say to his fellow Jedi.

From the moment they?d met, both took an instant dislike to the other and had thus far managed to keep their distance.

?Look out!?

Ferus grabbed Anakin?s arm, yanking him away from the crumbling ground where he?d been walking.

Anakin gapped at him in surprise.

?We may not like each other,? Ferus began with a shrug. ?But I?d never let anything happen to a brother.?

Flashback

Obi-Wan did not react when Anakin casually strolled from the forest, Ferus Olin by his side, the two chatting easily as if they were the best of friends for the island had a way of bringing the most unlikely of pairs together.

He bit back a smile as the image of his most precious memory flashed before him.

Qui-Gon was just as stoic when he stepped from the forest half-carrying Bruck Chun, gently setting the inured initiate on the soft grass as his Master approached.

Qui-Gon placed a gentle hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?I?m very proud of you, padawan mine. ?

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice lesson for Anakin, having to team up with Ferus.
    And the same was for Obi-Wan and Bruck.

Great update=D=[face_dancing]=D=

11. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    The idea of an exercise to bring 'enemies' closer is quite good...I really love the idea of Obi-Wan helping Bruck despite everything (would be quite Obi-Wan, too).

I always wished Anakin and Ferus had gotten along better:(

12. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Love the way you let the drabbles build on each previous one so as to form a coherent story. Flashback was especially touching. [face_love] Putting people who do not get along well with each other to work on a task can be tricky - the outcome could either be really good or really bad - so I'm glad to know that the exercise on the island had a positive impact on two generations of Jedi. If only it had actually worked out this way in canon! :(

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Gapes - Ferus and Anakin speaking!! Wow. The Island is great. :D

Great sequence and I love the last one and how it ties all in together.

14. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    =D= =D= =D=

These are fantastic!!!

I really liked Doctor and the ongoing story for set two. Awesome! :D

Great job!

~Celeste

15. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I love these. So much is said and conveyed in very few lines. Great work! I can't wait for more.

16. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    =D= great job

17. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Nice lesson for Anakin, having to team up with Ferus.
    And the same was for Obi-Wan and Bruck.

Thank you! I thought it would be a perfect lesson to have had Obi-Wan experience a very similar learning experience as Anakin.

GeneralKenobi7: I really love the idea of Obi-Wan helping Bruck despite everything (would be quite Obi-Wan, too)

I did as well! And I agree, it would be very typical of Obi-Wan to help anyone in need, never mind his personal feelings for that person.

Valiowk: Putting people who do not get along well with each other to work on a task can be tricky - the outcome could either be really good or really bad

Indeed it can and I?m sure such an exercise would have it?s share of failures but with the Jedi, I?m betting there were more successes than failures.

Valairy_Scot: Gapes - Ferus and Anakin speaking!! Wow. The Island is great.

And magical! :p

If only such a place actually existed?.

CelseteAntola: I really liked Doctor and the ongoing story for set two. Awesome!

Thank you! I?m glad you?ve enjoyed the first two sets and I hope you like the rest as well :)

Kelli_LB: I love these. So much is said and conveyed in very few lines

Thank you for stopping by! [:D]

I hope you like the rest of the drabbles.

Maggy: great job

Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment and I hope you enjoy the rest of the series. :)

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Far

?Master Qui-Gon, sir, how far away is Coruscant?? Anakin swallowed the lump in his throat as he gazed up into Qui-Gon?s eyes.

The Jedi was silent for a moment as he pondered the best way to answer. While he hated having to disappoint Anakin, he couldn?t lie to him either. ?Very far,? he finally answered his voice barely above a whisper.

Anakin turned away, tears filling his eyes. ?Then I really won?t be able to feel mom.?

?We talked about that, Anakin.?

?I know,? the boy sighed. ?But I still hoped.

Qui-Gon nodded, gently squeezing Anakin?s shoulder. ?I?m sorry, Ani.?

Prisoners

?Master Obi-Wan!? Anakin?s voice quivered as his small room filled with light.

?What is it?? Obi-Wan raced to his side, his eyes scanning the room.

?You forgot to lock the door.?

?What?? Obi-Wan replied in confusion.

Anakin looked away.

?Anakin, why would you think I?d lock your door??

?Watto always locked our house at night,? Anakin explained. ?So we wouldn?t try to run away.?

Obi-Wan resisted the urge to pull Anakin into his embrace, sensing the boy wasn?t ready. ?I?m sorry you went through that, Anakin,? he began in a gentle tone. ?But you will never be a prisoner here.?

Peacekeepers

?What do you mean a Jedi?s main job is being a peacekeeper? Anakin asked, gazing at Obi-Wan in confusion. ?I?ve heard about all kinds of adventure and excitement Jedi have.?

?Much of it exaggerated or made up,? Obi-Wan replied.

?You mean you?ve never had any fun??

Obi-Wan bit back a smile. ?Of course I have,? he admitted. ?But rarely while I was on a mission.

Anakin was silent for a moment. ?What about battles?? he finally asked. ?Have you been in many??

?Yes,? Obi-Wan nodded. ?And it taught me why peacekeeping is the most important job a Jedi can perform.?

Uncharted

?Master Obi-Wan, how come you have to record all my training sessions when none of the other Masters do? Am I that bad??

?Of course not,? Obi-Wan reassured him

?Then why -,?

?Because the Order has never trained someone your age before,? he explained. ?And the Council would like a record in case they decide to do it again.?

Anakin thought quietly for a moment. ?I don?t think they should.?

?Oh??

?It?s too hard,? Anakin replied. ?Giving up your entire life to train,? he paused. ?I can do it because it?s my destiny, but I don?t think anyone else can.?

A/N: I had to look up the definition of Scape and there were several so the one I chose to use relates to the Botany definition.

Scape

Anakin slowly drifted into consciousness, smiling when he spotted Obi-Wan by his side.

?Feeling better??

?What happened?? Anakin frowned, looking around. ?Am I in the healer?s ward again??

?You don?t remember our walk through Master Yoda?s private garden??

Anakin?s brows furrowed together as he remembered the brown leafy stalk he?d nibbled on. ?Oh yeah, with all the weird plants.?

?Weird and inedible,? Obi-Wan gently corrected. ?Not that you took my word for it.?

?You said Master Yoda cooks with those plants!? Anakin exclaimed.

?He does,? Obi-Wan replied. ?And now you know why he?s the only one who cooks with them.?

19. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
  20. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    =D= All of these drabbles have been wonderful: you've written perfect, short moments in the lives of Obi-Wan and Anakin. Week Three's set really struck a chord in me: The simple truths stated in "Peacekeepers" and "Uncharted" were phrased powerfully and earnestly, and I think that those have been my favorites so far. I did like "Scape" as well, though; the last line -[face_laugh]

Would you kindly add me to your PM list, if you're keeping one? :D

21. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Lovely snapshots of Anakin's first days at the temple. Prisoners was really heartbreaking - it's no wonder that there was so much fear in Anakin when he first arrived at the Temple. And how much pressure he must have felt on his shoulders, to be labelled the Chosen One... Scape was really funny - Obi-Wan may sometimes err on the strict side at times, but Anakin should definitely listen to his advice when a matter involves Master Yoda, and especially when a matter involves both Master Yoda and food. [face_shame_on_you]

Great work! :)

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005

?Weird and inedible,? Obi-Wan gently corrected. ?Not that you took my word for it.?

?You said Master Yoda cooks with those plants!? Anakin exclaimed.

?He does,? Obi-Wan replied. ?And now you know why he?s the only one who cooks with them.?
    [face_laugh]

Too bad Anakin didn't learn he should listen to Obi-Wan! Excellent!

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Scape [face_sick] the last one an ingredient of the famous stew[face_sick]
    Loved these little looks in Anakin's life.
    Prisoners was very sweet.

Great set=D==D=

24. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Well done Kelia, your drabbles are a great read.=D=

25. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    LOL! at the last (Yoda:rolleyes:)

I really loved Peacekeepers - that was one thing, I think, Anakin always had trouble understanding. And uncharted *shakes head* sad truth...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.