main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Who Wants to Be a Farmer? (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, JA era and terrible AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthCorsa, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Title: Who Wants to Be a Farmer?

Author: Darth Corsa

Genre: spiteful humour

Summary: TPM, AU, non-slash. Young Obi-Wan wanted to be a Jedi, didn?t he? And what if he had dreamed of being a farmer? What would Qui-Gon, eager to be his Master, do?

Disclaimer: These characters definitely are not mine.

A/N: Many thanx to Darth Manul - you know, 'Vacation' was better, anyway)

I warn you once again, this is terribly AU!

~~~~~

Obi-Wan Kenobi was an apprentice of the Jedi Temple on the Coruscant and was looking forward to his thirteenth birthday. It was a very special date in a life of every Jedi. If a young apprentice didn't become anyone's Padawan, he was sent to Agricorps on a distant planet. So, students both waited and feared this date On the one hand, it was a great honour to be a Padawan of a Jedi Knight, on the other hand, nobody wanted to be a farmer and use the Force to plant trees and flowers. Of course, it was for the Republic, but one could not seriously compare those two things.
    Obi-Wan ran into his room and looked at his possessions. No, everything already had been carefully packed in his travel bag. Tomorrow he would not be here.

~~~~~

*some hours ago*

The ancient Master moved his long ears sadly. He had been trying to persuade the boy to stay in the Temple for some years. For all those time he had had a slight hope that the student would come to his senses.

?Obi-Wan, absolutely sure you are?? Yoda asked, staring attentively at the boy.

?Yes, Master Yoda! I've already said you??

The green Master signed heavily. He himself began to believe that all of it was the will of the great Force. He was tired to beg the boy.

?Yes, pack you things, you can. Good luck to you I wish.? Master Yoda walked away to meditate on the Force's wishes.

?Thanks!!!? Obi-Wan yelled, already running to his room.

~~~~~

He would travel on Monument, an old and worn space Corellian barge, heading to the Bandomeer. There he would accept his fate and become a farmer. He had been dreaming of it from his youngling years. His classmates loved to discuss and to wonder about their future?would they be the famous Jedi or would the Jedi Masters even take them as their apprentices. They studied hard and a lot, trying to learn the ways of the Force. Obi-Wan, on the contrary, had missed his classes and had never done his homework. But the Force was so strong with him that his mentors had not given up at him and tried to make him study. He had great memory, bright intellect, but he had not wanted to do anything.

All the same, in contrast to his classmates, Obi-Wan had been asked to be an apprentice from ten years. Some councilors, even the great Master Jedi Mace Windu himself, Master Dooku, and other famous and not so famous Masters had tried their luck and had asked young Kenobi to become a Padawan. No, everybody had failed. Obi-Wan was very-very stubborn and stand his ground.

~~~~~

Some days prior a famous Master Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn appeared in the Temple. He was alone for some years?his previous apprentice Xanatos had turned to the Dark Side and Master's heart had been broken. He had sworn that he would never take another Padawan. Nevertheless, Obi-Wan was a special case. Qui-Gon was in good terms with the Living Force and sensed how powerful the boy was. He thought that the Force itself ordered him to train the boy, but Obi-Wan refused. He refused the offer of the best swordsman of the Temple! Master Jinn thought that he'd heard something wrong and asked one more time. And heard the same answer. Obi-Wan was very stubborn. Although, Qui-Gon had not much time to grieve?he already had a mission from the Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum.

~~~~~

Obi-Wan said goodbye to his friends, who tried to persuade him to stay here for the last time, but failed too, and headed to the ship. To stay here! He had been asking Yoda for about a month prior to his birthday not to wait and to send him to Agricorps immedi

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That was great to read, even though it´s way after my usual bedtime and I had trouble to move my mouse.

[:D]

3. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    AzureAngel2

Hello! Thanx for reading!

it´s way after my usual bedtime

Hey, sometimes real world takes much time, doesn't it? I-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.