main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga At Any Cost (AU, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, drama, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthCorsa, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Title: At Any Cost

Author: Darth Corsa

Genre: Drama, Angst

Summary: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon defeated Darth Maul, and the Council agreed to train Anakin, but Kenobi still thinks that the boy is dangerous. He tries to stop his almost former at any cost.

Disclaimer: You can call me Lord Corsa, but these characters belong to Lucas, anyway.

?Obi-Wan, good news! The Council allowed me to train the boy! They?ve just commed me.? Qui-Gon, emitting happiness, came to visit his almost former Padawan. ?We will return to Coruscant in few days. And you?I think you?d better stay here for some more time and heal.?

Obi-Wan didn?t share his joy and looked at a Jedi, frowning. Since they had met Anakin on Tatooine he felt that something was not right, though he could not explain why. His Master ignored all his questions if they were about the boy.

?But Master, don?t you feel-? Kenobi started once again.

?Enough!? Qui-Gon said bluntly. ?We have already discussed everything. You can?t be my apprentice for eternity. And stop calling me Master. Just Qui-Gon. You will be knighted when you?ll return to the Temple.? He went away, shutting the door.

Even Master Yoda had not been so sure whether they should train the boy during their last meeting. And now they agreed. Probably, because of Qui-Gon had showed them the Zabrak?s corpse. For the first time, when they had met him on Tatooine they had not had enough proof. The Council had not been sure if he was a Sith. Now, they had seen enough?

The battle was not an easy one. Qui-Gon heroically (and rather foolish on Obi-Wan?s opinion) sent all loyal to Queen people to fight against Gunrey. A skilled Jedi Master and an almost knighted Padawan against one Sith. Obi-Wan had a bad feeling that that Zabrak was an apprentice himself, though the Jedi could not allow themselves to do a mistake. So how powerful a Master could be?

Finally, Master Jinn cut him into two halves. Obi-Wan bowled off some minutes ago, when he rushed to his Master to protect him from a Sith?s red laser. He took the strike on himself, saving Qui-Gon?s life.

It cost him some unconsciousness days in the medical ward of Amidala?s palace.

And now, when the Council members were sure that Zabrak had been a Sith, they remembered about the prophecy, too. And even agreed to take the boy, who had previously been considered as a very dangerous apprentice. Obi-Wan had nothing personal against Anakin; they had been getting along very well. He liked the bright and cheerful boy, but? to make him a Jedi. A grave mistake.

Qui-Gon judged all events in the view of the Living Force and lived in the present. If he considered that the boy was worth training, he could leave the Order and teach him on his own, even illegally. Kenobi himself was strong in the Unifying Force and could judge the consciences. His visions had come true very often. More often that he would prefer.

Those visions came several times. And each time, he saw adult Ani, who was burning the Temple with the legion of strange soldiers, previously killing all Jedi younglings in cold blood, choking his wife with the Force and? the duel on the Mustafar, where Obi-Wan was killed each time.

And what was worse, Qui-Gon would not believe him. Probably, he would laugh at him or would consider Obi-Wan jealous as youngling. Damn, if Qui-Gon did not listen to him, he would destroy not only the Jedi, but the Republic!

So it was, Qui-Gon even didn?t want to hear him. He only said that they would leave tonight and wished health.

Obi-Wan cheated the healers with using the Force, found his clothes and lightsaber and went to the landing ground, trying not to think about the consequence. More likely, it would be over for him tonight. Maybe, not only for him, but for him, anyway. Even if won (a Jedi could fight not feeling the terrible pain), the wounds would certainly open? That damned Sith bet him badly, the wounds had not been healed well. He knew that he loo

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, my :eek: Obi saved the galaxy with his very life - and what a twist on TPM's dying words. =D=

3. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    That's so like Obi-Wan to sacrifice himself for the greater good. :)

Wonderful job with this! =D=

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Do not train the boy?He will be a great racer? Not a Jedi. Please, protect him from the Darkness??

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now that's what I call a "shocking twist" but very nice!

I could definitely see Obi-Wan sacrificing himself for the Galaxy.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Valairy_Scot

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the story.

bek

And that's so like Qui-Gon to do what he thinks is right [face_worried]

KELIA

I appreciate your opinion :):):)

Thread Status: