main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends You Have Much to Learn, My Young Master (Dooku and young Qui-Gon, humor, mush)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthCorsa, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Title: ?You Have Much to Learn, My Young Master?

Author: Darth Manul & Darth Corsa

Genre: Humor, Drama, Mush...a little bit of everything

Summary: non-slash. Young Count Dooku thought that training a Padawan is an easy thing. Before he met Qui-Gon.

Disclaimer: We graciously decided to yield the Galaxy to Lucas; now it's his turn to fight the rebels...

A/N: Dooku is in his early twentieth, Qui-Gon is ten

2. DarthManul

DarthManul Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2010
    ?You Have Much to Learn, My Young Master??

A youngling with long wild blond hair, who had been looking at the windows, wandering through infinite passages of the Jedi Temple, and listening near the doors all that day (this was his clansmen concern in order to get the latest news), entered the common room and cried:

?Hurry! There?s a maypole about twenty years old at the main entrance! He?s looking so serious! He definitely came here to choose a Padawan. Enjoy that,? he added sadly: he was still too young to hope that a Master would take him as an Apprentice.

?He?s mine..! May he take me! I am talking to him first! Off, I?m the oldest here, it?s my turn!? More lucky younglings immediately started arguing.

?Shall anyone cover me this time?? Youngling Jinn, who could be expected to join their excitable chattering, asked lazily from the furthest bench. ?There are biscuits for supper tonight and it?s still an entire month before my turn to wash the floor. I?m not a pathetic life form to serve the Master every day like for a count or prince, am I??

Jedi youngling Qui-Gon Jinn was well-known as a rebel. This time he also was true to himself: what?s the difference? Someone would come and take him once. Actually, it is to say that Jinn never tried to demonstrate his abilities at Padawan competitions. Once he said: ?The Force told me, I?d be taken as a Padawan anyway. Does it worth laying myself out??

Dooku spread the cloak, which was fitting him perfectly, yet another time. It was heavy and a little darker then the Jedi usually were wearing. However, what could they know about quality clothes? This one was a present, the count had received from his family estate on Serenno, and Dooku was extremely proud of it.

That day was a special one. Today he would take his own Padawan at last. That was all right, he himself had been knighted a couple of months prior?he would cope. Impossible for the Count? Do not be ridiculous.

He had first met that short boy with long brown hair at the Youngling Challenge, where his friends dragged him. It would be dishonorable to refuse them. When Dooku saw Qui-Gon, he immediately sensed the twin soul, despite it was hard to explain. The Living Force?it was fulfilling the boy.

?Good afternoon,? he bowed politely.

A Twi?lek nurse looked at him badgered and smiled:

?Hello. Came to take a Padawan??

?If something. Is youngling Jinn here??

?Yes, of course? wait! Are you going to choose him?? She asked with an unexpected enthusiasm.

?Indeed. Any problem??

?Oh, no, it?s just? it?s a miracle!? Twi?lek was shining of happiness. ?But remember: you won?t be able to give him back!?

?Sure: a young talent, a gifted student. I suppose, you?ve taught him good habits? And cooking, as well as waiting his Master at table??

?Well?? Twi?lek hesitated. She must not tell lies to the future Masters; however, they really tried to teach Qui-Gon, did not they? ?Well, yes, we have, but? but you?ll soon see what a Padawan he is!?

?I dare say, an obedient and clever one,? Dooku supported the conversation ceremoniously. ?May I talk to him, at last??

The nurse bowed and led the Count to the small room where candidate Masters and Padawans usually checked whether they did not miss with their choice. Then, she went to bring the youngling; Dooku could hear them talking behind the door. Despite that, Qui-Gon came after rather long time, moreover, it seemed to the Count that the youngling was pushed into the room and the door was closed tightly after him. Nevertheless, being put to stalemate, youngling did not lose his courage, and immediately sat to the trestle-bed, looking at the Count expectantly.

?What a boy!? Dooku admired naively. ?He is studying the Living Force inside me first.?

?What a dandy!? Qui-Gon thought crossly, studying the Count?s cloak. ?Is he really wearing this heavy chain all the time??

?Greetings, young Qui-Gon!? Dooku bowed his head, as etiquette requested it, but not so low.

?Well? err? hello there? Master.? Jinn w

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.