main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alliance ( AU, Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Xanatos.) Update- A Fallen Jedi Returns

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tangled_sphere, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Title: Alliance

Author: tangled_sphere

Timeframe: AU, takes place around episode I.

Genre: Drama

Characters: Qui-Gon, Palpatine, Obi-Wan, and Xanatos

Disclaimer: No profit or anything else intended. This world belongs entirely to George Lucas, who created these wonderful characters and situations.

Hello and welcome! [face_love] I hope you'll take this journey with me. It's been awhile since I've written, and Qui-Gon is a force to be reckoned with when you try to get him down on paper. We've been wrestling a bit :p

Thanks for clicking! :cool: I hope you enjoy!

Alliance

The night sky of Coruscant was obscured by a light haze that covered the city, and obscured the tops of the skyscrapers. A few stars made their way through the low clouds, but still made an excellent cover for one who may not wish to be seen.

Keeping mainly to the shadows and less crowded thoroughfares. Sarfel made his journey to the abandoned warehouse where his benefactor had arranged to meet him. He was proud of his reputation as an assassin and it always brought him rich clientele. This patron was no different. Credits and praise flowed from him like a fountain this past year. After much mind dulling and grueling work, he had gained the trust of those he needed to. The job would soon be finished and Sarfel would have in his possession, a prize that would finally give him the wealth and status he deserved.

The evening shift was changing to night in the industrial section of Coruscant. Small beings wove their way between his legs, and humans who looked gaunt and malnourished, strode around him absently on their way to work. Sarfel wore rags, and covered his face, walking with a slight limp. He could blend in anywhere, that was his magic, and his ticket to large sums of wealth. The whirring of engines and machinery rose and fell as he walked past the many warehouses and hangars. He would not be following the crowd, and he ducked into an alleyway that led down towards the older, less populated part of the industrial area.

Sarfel stepped into the warehouse through an oversized doorway that swung sideways on a few rusty hinges. Without a sound he passed through the small opening, careful to disturb nothing.

Before his eyes could adjust to the darkness, a familiar voice called out to him in a soft hiss. "Welcome, my friend."

The assassin managed a stiff bow towards the voice. He had never actually seen his patron, but the amount of credits that reached his account were plenty to extinguish any doubt. "As you requested, sir."

There was a pause, as if his patron was considering him. "All is in place. You will finish it tonight."

Sarfel smiled to himself, finally an end. He glanced to where the voice was coming from but could see only shadows. "And my prize?"

"It shall be yours."

The prize that he had always wanted, that would be the envy of all his colleagues was now in grasp. And soon Sarfel would be retired in sheer luxury.

His patron stepped out of the shadows, his face only partially visible under a hood. "Your request has been delivered to the morgue beneath the Jedi Temple." The words seemed to express a deliberately controlled hatred. "It is the exact likeness of your prize."

"I am in your debt," Sarfel replied, pleased with his good fortune.

A constriction came suddenly to the assassin's throat. Baffled, he reached his hand up, thinking a small band had been tied around his neck and was tightening. His hand touched nothing. Certain he was imagining this sensation, Sarfel focused solely on his benefactor, eyes watering, trying to keep his fear at bay. The hatred was no longer concealed in his patron's voice. "Do not fail," his patron warned slowly. "Make sure your prize is not recognizable once you have left Coruscant."

The pressure was then released and Sarfel gasped involuntarily for air. He composed himself quickly as he did not want his patron to see any sign o

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    How fascinating...you draw a web, yourself, pulling us in with all our senses on alert...yet not sure where the danger is.

3. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Valairy

Thank you so much for reading! [:D] I'm editing the next part, but should have it served up soon.

Thanks again Valairy :D

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Soon, he would have in his possession, a Jedi padawan.

But can you handle a jedi padawan?

That will be interesting to see.

Very intriguing beginning. I look forward to seeing where you take this.

Please PM me when you update.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks Kelia! @};-

But can you handle a jedi padawan?

That will be interesting to see.

[face_laugh] I don't think he knows what he's in for!

Thank you all for reading [:D] It's been so long since I've posted here! And Qui-Gon, well, he is a challenge to write and I've been nervous about the next one.

Thanks again! @};- Now, the next part....

Part II: The Gift

The Medical Center at the Jedi Temple was always a bustle of activity, but more so today than usual. With one of their patients critically ill, and a freighter crashing outside the south hangar with the dignitaries from Karnob, there were quite a few cuts, scrapes and broken bones to deal with in addition to the usual workload. Karnobians were well known for their piercingly shrill tongue, and the usually calm Healers looked absolutely frazzled as they moved from patient to patient, a harried interpreter following reluctantly in their wake.

In a small alcove positioned away from the main medical floor, Qui-Gon sat next to his unconscious padawan. His one good hand resting lightly on the boy's arm, the other bandaged in a sling. The Jedi Master had not bothered with his appearance for weeks now, and his usually trim beard and long hair were unkempt and matted. Dark circles formed under his eyes betraying the amount of time he had spent at the bedside. All was quiet apart from the busy floor, except for the reassuring blips from the monitor, which meant for the moment, Obi-Wan was winning the fight.

Qui-Gon was content just watching his padawan's chest rise and fall. Each breath was precious now. The young man's heart had inexplicably stopped twice since they returned from their disastrous mission, and sleep for the Jedi Master was a rarity. "Stay with us padawan..." Qui-Gon whispered gently, not knowing if his young charge could hear.

It had all seemed straight forward at first. He and Obi-Wan were sent as ambassadors to the Stenness system. They were being heavily courted by the Trade Federation and the Jedi Council had hoped to sway them.

But Qui-Gon had not anticipated that there would be a trap specifically set for them. His thoughts often turned towards the enigmatic Zabrak who attacked them, his red face, black tattoos, horns and yellow, fierce eyes, all burned forever into his memory. He had tried to initiate an investigation even before he had left the Medi Center as a patient. But Yoda had quashed the thought immediately and commanded him to drop it for now. He was told that his attentions should be solely on healing himself and caring for his padawan.

But dismissing the ordeal, was not easy for Qui-Gon. Their world had turned upside down in one instant. One horrible instant. The red saber activated from around a blind corner, came flying at Obi-Wan's neck with a fury the Jedi Master had not seen for some time. Sheer hatred drove that surprise attack, and was breath taking to the Jedi Master. Perhaps most disturbing of all, the Zabrak had obviously anticipated their arrival. Qui-Gon's blade stopped the first attack from reaching Obi-Wan. But before Qui-Gon had time to assess his situation, both Jedi were pushed out onto a catwalk and the cords attached to the ceiling cut in only two swipes of their opponent's double blade. The Zabrak managed to leap away before the collapse, but he and Obi-Wan had not been so lucky. Qui-Gon himself had only suffered a crushed right arm and hand. But Obi-Wan... Obi-Wan had not awoken since that fateful day.

A timid voice called from outside the room. "Master Jinn?"

Qui-Gon turned to see a young padawan, looking frightened as his gaze shifted past the Jedi Master to the unconscious Obi-Wan lying beside him. "Y-You have a package..."

The young boy came closer and held out a small item wrapped in fine woven green linen. Qui-Gon frowned and knew immediately what it was. What it always was. It was the anniversary of Xanatos' death.

Qui-Gon looked suspiciously at the boy. "Who gave

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, golly, this is not good, not good at all. "Dead" Obi & hence an abducted Obi, it seems...and Xanatos returns? Sounds like it.

Ummm - do you update more frequently if we [face_praying] ? Curiosity killed the cat - and some readers.

7. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    =D= This is a fascinating premise, and I do love me some Xanatos. I can't wait to read more!

8. ForceForGood

ForceForGood Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2010
    Looks like this is going to be a great story! You have everyone acting perfectly in character, your OC is intriguing and you have a great sense of mystery throughout both chapters. I can't wait to read more!

9. iceaffinity

iceaffinity Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2010
    Off to an interesting first couple of chapters! =D= And a 'dead' Obi-Wan can never be a good thing. Poor Qui-Gon. (Well, also poor Obi-Wan, he's the one getting 'killed'.) I wonder what exactly Xanatos is up to....

10. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Valairy

Well, golly, this is not good, not good at all. "Dead" Obi & hence an abducted Obi, it seems...and Xanatos returns? Sounds like it.

Xanatos coming right up! Thank you so much for reading. Xanatos is giving me as much of a headache trying to write him this next chapter as Qui-Gon. O:)
    Why do they give me such a hard time, they know I get the final say! :p
    P.S. some coffee for your muse [face_coffee] :D

TheMacUnleashed

Thank you so much for reading! @};-

I do love me some Xanatos.

I haven't written Xan for so long! More coming up momentarily. I hope you enjoy!

ForceForGood

You have everyone acting perfectly in character, your OC is intriguing and you have a great sense of mystery throughout both chapters.

This means so much to me, because I haven't written much Qui-Gon. One viggie long ago, and I'm hoping to keep his certain spirit throughout this story.

iceaffinity

Thank you so much for stopping by [face_love]

And a 'dead' Obi-Wan can never be a good thing. Poor Qui-Gon. (Well, also poor Obi-Wan, he's the one getting 'killed'.) I wonder what exactly Xanatos is up to....

Xanatos `coming right up...after a little angst. [face_devil]

Thanks again for reading you guys! [:D]

And now....A Fallen Jedi Returns

11. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Part III: A Fallen Jedi Returns

The Medical Center which only moments before was in chaos, was now bathed in complete silence. It was if a moment had been frozen in time, no one wanting to move to announce what had just happened. Death was inevitable to all of them, but when it came so close, it shook all in close proximity.

The unmoving form of Obi-Wan lay in the bed, tubes still attached. It looked like he was sleeping, so peaceful he seemed. But Qui-Gon continued to hold the boy's hand, hoping for one last link that would keep him here. A hand came down on his shoulder, it was the Jedi Healer Winna Di Yuni. Her black hair was normally tied back in a severe bun, but now hung loosely. She had been swept up in the panic to save Obi-Wan's life.

A few tears came unbidden down her face. She had tried so hard to bring his padawan back. But they were all helpless in the face of the will of the Force. Qui-Gon put his arm around her, and they held each other looking down at the young man who had been through so much, and was now one with the Force.

Hardly able to talk, Winna, whispered apologetically, "we'll need to take Obi-Wan for awhile, to find out what happened..."

Qui-Gon knew she meant autopsy and was trying not to think of such things. He nodded his unspoken consent. He had to let him go but with every ounce of his being he did not want to leave his padawan's side. Something still tore at him, but he couldn't place it. Yoda had said there was a muting of the Force, that made it more difficult even for him to access. Qui-Gon made a note to talk with the ancient Jedi Master further about this.

He realized they wanted to take Obi-Wan now, and Qui-Gon allowed himself to be led out of the way. A sense of shock was overcoming his mind and body and left him numb. Winna guided him to the Medi Center's meditation room.

The Jedi Healer had left him reluctantly, and Qui-Gon reassured her he would be fine. But now alone, the waves of emotion came without mercy. The meditation room had been built with a circular opening that let light in from above. The night outside was filled with lights, and the ship traffic flying overhead made occasional shadows across the floor.

The tears came silently. He mourned what could have been, he mourned for the young man who lost his life too soon, and for the relationship they had been building. It was, Qui-Gon imagined, like losing a son. He had so many aspirations for Obi-Wan, just as he had for Xanatos. He had loved them both as his family.

He brought out the small stone with the broken circle. Ghosts of the past still haunted him today. He knew Obi-Wan's soul was no longer here, it was somewhere else now, free. He sent his love and healing towards the beautiful spirit he had known as his padawan. "Peace and be with the Force," he said quietly to Obi-Wan. There was so much that could not be controlled, even by the Jedi. Life and death danced around them and it was a final passage they would one day all face.

Someday he would see Obi-Wan again, in the after life, and he would place his arms around the boy and embrace him, never to let him go.

He sat in the silence, and let himself be one with the moment and with the Force.

The Jedi Temple still held a fascination for Xanatos Guaire. He was captivated by the memories it evoked, and how gullible he had once been. Now walking down the main hallway, his boots echoing on the mosaic floor, he felt like time was standing still. The whole place was exactly as he remembered it. Towering archways and soaring ceilings, reached up to stained transparisteel that let in the light from Coruscant. Even in the dusk, the hallways were well lit, with shadows at the edges from the holo lights.

He remembered walking by Qui-Gon's side down this very hall. His former Master had been teasing him about cutting his long locks which he stubbornly insisted on keeping. He remembered enjoying the light hearted moment, and enjoying Qui-Gon's company. He re

12. talesofyesac

talesofyesac Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2008
    Oooh, I'm hooked. And, yes, Xanatos, you'll probably regret this, although I can't understand how anyone could regret saving Obi-Wan's life. Considering Xanatos hasn't planned ahead for this at all, though, I have to wonder what he'll do next. I suppose he could return Obi-Wan before he wakes up, but I doubt that's going to happen, and once Obi-Wan has seen his face, Xanatos can't exactly just put him back where he found him. Yup, I'm intrigued. Thanks for posting.

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    So Xan can hear Obi but Qui can't? :confused: Must be the Will of the (author) Force!

(Don't spoil it by telling me it was just the elapsed, time, ok? :D )

I wonder who'll find the dead assassin? That ought to be interesting - and now Xan has Obi...veeeeerrrrryyy interesting.

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Interesting that it is Xanatos who hears Obi-Wan, now what will he do with him.[face_thinking]

15. iceaffinity

iceaffinity Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2010
    Finally got a chance to do some fun reading again. [face_peace]

Gah! Do not do an autopsy on not-dead Obi-Wan! Xanatos to the...er, rescue? Very interesting development. It's also curious that Xanatos is hearing Obi-Wan's calls for help, and not Qui-Gon. Or anyone else for that matter. How is Obi-Wan getting through to Xanatos and not anyone else? Also, somebody's going to find a dead body and figure out something odd is going on..... [face_thinking]

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    tears came silently. He mourned what could have been, he mourned for the young man who lost his life too soon, and for the relationship they had been building.

:_| :_| :_| :_|

That was beautifully written.

And Xanatos....wow. He may regret what he is doing but I hope the outcome will be a happy one...

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.