main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Guilty? [Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan is 13; AU; drama, adventure, humour] 2nd Chapter

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthCorsa, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Title: Guilty?

Authors: Darth Corsa & Darth Manul

Genre: Drama, Adventure, Humour

Summary: AU after Melida/Daan, non-slash, Obi-Wan is 13. Qui-Gon is accused of something he hasn?t done. The Council and the Senate are sure he is guilty. Will his Padawan believe him and help to escape despite their strined relationship?

Disclaimer: The galaxy belongs to us, these characters?to Lu?as.

Author's Note: We?re very sorry for our English)

PM LIST:

littleobiwankenobi
    JediKaren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Obi-Wan sighed deeply and continued watching a boiling kettle. He was waiting for Qui-Gon?s return and decided to drink some tee, just to calm himself down. It was another awful day. Or, perhaps, he should get into the habit of such days for the last month.

Everything had started on Melida/Daan, when Obi-Wan had preferred to stay with the Young and leave the Jedi Order and Qui-Gon. Of course, a Jedi Master just could not let him stay there and had returned for him after a few days. He took it as a personal betrayal but though he was still Obi-Wan?s Master officially, their relationship had changed a lot. Now Qui-Gon didn't miss a chance to criticize his own Padawan, even for some small misdeeds, like bad marks, small tardiness, or clothes that were lying on the floor in Obi-Wan?s room and were not in the chest of drawers.

Obi-Wan thought that it was not fair, but once again, after all he had done? Well, he felt very sorry and wished his Master would forgive him, but it had not happened yet.

Today he could be given a special prize?a medal for his own stupidity. He somehow managed to break his lightsaber during sparring. To be more exact, it was a fight. Bruck once again provoked him. And he didn't know how he would explain this to Qui-Gon! He was not afraid of extra meditation, long lectures, or some chores like working in the crèche or washing the floor in the Temple. How could he make it up with Qui-Gon, if he disappointed him once again?

He felt a familiar presence in the Force and heard the open door. So, his Master returned. He turned off the kettle and went to the common room.

?Umm? Hello, Master.? Obi-Wan started shyly, not realizing, how much Qui-Gon had already knew about that accident .

?Umm!? Jinn said, mimicking his Padawan. ?Have you taken my comlink from repair??

?C-comlink? I?m sorry, I forgot? there were so many lessons today?? Obi-Wan answered, trying to save himself from Master?s wrath.
    'Why can?t you take it by yourself?? He thought and immediately raised his mental shields. But it was too late.

?Great! Many lessons? And where did you, poor thing, find some spare time for fighting?! How many reprimands from Mace Windu will I get in the future? I believe they already consider me a bad Master! Do you want to turn to the Dark Side by your actions?!? Qui-Gon yelled angrily.

?Master! I?ll explain everything! I really didn?t want to fight, Bruck provoked me once again! I?m very sorry! He started this!? Obi-Wan tried to prove his innocence, but remembered that it was Xanatos? favourite excuse by the look in Master?s darkened blue eyes .

?Oh! You?re sorry! Should I be pleased? ?He started this?, you ?was provoked?, but you have been fighting anyway! I was told that three Masters were required to pull you apart. And what about your lightsaber? It was provoked to break, too? What are you going to do with it??

?I? I will repair it! I promise!? Padawan added shyly: ?I?m a Jedi, right? Mater, forgive me, I won?t do it again!?

?Are you sure? How many promises have you already made and departed from them? Do you know that sometimes the lightsaber can be broken and can?t be repaired? Maybe, they were right about sending you to the Agricorps? If I were not your Master, you would get a thrashing with the belt. How exactly are you planning to repair you weapon??

Obi-Wan swallowed nervously. He was sure that his Maste

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    No.

:D

Okay, yes. :)

You seem to be on a nasty Qui-Gon streak lately. (So, look who's talking [face_talk_hand] ). Hopefully Obi-Wan will save the day and his relationship with his master.

3. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    what an start for a story,

please I want more.(PM)

4. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    I know. I like it. Please update soon and send me a pm when you do.

5. DarthManul

DarthManul Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2010
    Valairy_Scot,
    we rather have nasty Qui-Gon habit :). Maybe, this chapter will break a dogmatic rule?

Chapter 2. Not a Dangerous Rescue. Part 1: Qui-Gon'n POV

Now I?m both depressed and confused at the same time, to be honest. See it yourself: up to the last moment, I?ve been being sure that all this absurdity was just some kind of a foolish didactic Yoda?s plan?until we reached the Temple vault and I was pushed into this dark, cold, uncomfortable cell (I?ve never thought they exist here!). Of course, this turnaround could already be considered serious; even the Grand Master can never afford such a deal to himself. That?s why I wasn?t surprised at all when Windu the traitor, Master Koth, and Yoda himself appeared in front of me after half-an-hour and began blaming me. All of their charges were impossible slanders, of course: as though I had sometime conspired somewhere with someone, and then the Vicegerent, the Viceroy, and dozens of other Force-forgotten beings had mixed in some terrible way?I even couldn?t object to all those nonsenses?but the point was, I somehow turned guilty in everything, due to their words, I am now the traitor, the Code violator, and the root of all evil. Moreover, they even didn?t allow me to prove my innocence in spite of my desperate tries: they said, the source of evidences (irrefutable ones, of course) was none of my business. At last, they added that the Galaxy Security Department required me for questions, but they?d never afford alive? They literally didn?t finish the phrase and left me with no word more! I was drumming the door, asking, what had they planned to do with me instead?without the answer, of course. Unfortunately, it was too easy to guess it!

Well, despair can help nothing for now. Be calm, Jedi?oh, you?re welcome, I won?t drum the walls anymore, besides, my fists are already aching a little. This also doesn?t mean anything, when I?m face-to-face with such deadly troubles.

What I really need to do is thinking about how to get out of here. I don?t like this place: at the Outer Rim, where the situation is still much worse than here, at the Core, cells like this one are called ?stone bags?. It has several steps in width and same is in depth, there?s a hard bed and a washstand at the opposite wall. Also, it seems, there?s no way to switch the ceiling lamp off and I have to endure this flickering pale light even falling asleep. However, how many times left for me are there?

Having looked around, I was able to find a small hole, covered by a lattice made of ultrachrome, which I recognized by its unique silver shine. However, I suppose the shaft to be too narrow for me even if I was able to overcome the collar and break it by means of the Force. That time I first realized how much I get used to rely on my ability to use the Force: never being considered weak, I?ve found these walls very proof, although there can be only cold ground behind them anyway.

My only real option to escape is to use the moment they?ll open the door properly. I remembered a narrow passage, lightened brightly, which leads to the higher levels. It was rather easy to determine a single guardian there, who was patrolling the section, passing along the door of my cell every two minutes (I?ve counted the seconds in mind). How disgusting! I need to gain the strength, but there?s always a danger to be unawares: the only chance I can rely on is to attack the guardians at the doors, then run away from cells section, and after that? well, my dear friend Mace, you know, the force isn?t always begun from the capital letter, and Qui-Gon Jinn is still one of the strongest Masters of the Temple?

Now I?m trying to relax a bit, marking the time by guardian?s steps outside the cell automatically, but some unnecessary thoughts are annoying me. For example, one of them is about Obi-Wan. The Masters lied much today; nevertheless, they were right in one point: after this all, my Padawan is going to be left alone. Poor boy, what a Jedi can he become now, when his Master is going to be conside

6. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Not Dangerous Rescue pt.2

I ran to the repair centre as fast as I could and took Qui-Gon?s comlink. Then, I spent at least four hours searching for missing details for my poor broken lightsaber and tried to return my weapon to life. It was an epic fail. Maximum effect was random turning on and almost immediate turning off. As much as I hated to admit it, I will need Master?s help. Besides, where was Qui-Gon?

I was pacing in our common room, then (it was evening!) took my comlink and commed Master Windu, who said that it was nothing of my concern and I must wait as obedient Padawan should do. Obedient? Has he forgotten who my Master was?
    Suddenly, I had a very bad feeling about this. What was happening? Was it something about me and my future destiny? Or directly about Master Jinn himself? Or both? What was worse, I cannot ask anybody about what?s going on. It was dangerous for my life to annoy them.

So, I went to the kitchen and settled the kettle to boil. Then I prepared dinner, ate it (having left Qui-Gon?s portion in the cooling unit), washed the dishes, swept the floor, watered Qui-Gon?s cactuses, and did my homework just as Qui-Gon had said.

Tree more hours, beginning of the night and still nothing from nobody.

It was time to go to bed, but I could not as I was uneasy with Master?s mysterious absence. So, I took my old mat for meditations and reached the Force. This time it was absolutely silent.

What options did I have? To wait for Qui-Gon?s return, though something was troubling me about that. Or? wander through the Temple in hope to learn something. Maybe, it was not as awful as I thought and Qui-Gon had his reasons to be late ? to test his Padawan?s patience, for example.

I put on the hood of the Jedi robe and automatically clipped the lightsaber on my belt. Maybe, a short walk would be in order, just to calm down my shattered nerves. The problem was that it was already some hours after curfew and the chances to meet some unhappy Councilors were very high. It was dangerous to annoy them more than they already were, but the Force whispered that it was right. And who am I not to listen to it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was wandering through the night Temple with no particular aim and collected my thoughts. Where was Qui-Gon ? was it about another Jinn?s argument with the Council - was it something about my awful behavior ? what they were going to do with him?and with me? I was going to turn around the corner, but suddenly heard familiar voices and quickly hid my presence in the Force.

?? will be executed tomorrow.? Master Windu said. ?I?m so sorry to say these words. But his dark deeds cannot be excused. Not in front of the Senate!?

?Good Jedi Qui-Gon is. How could he be guilty in such things I understand not. But the fact they have, true they are.? Yoda sighed.

?He is on the lower levels now and tomorrow? Well, what will be with his Padawan??

?Another Master, perhaps??

?They match ideally with Qui-Gon. I don?t know, how I will tell him. I think I should meditate before it. Now, excuse me, Master Yoda??

The voices faded, Masters went away. I licked my suddenly dry lips. So, they wanted to execute Qui-Gon?! No, it could not be true, it?s impossible!

I ran to the jail on the lower levels, avoiding not sleeping Jedi. Long ago it was used for the Sith ? prisoners and now, in very rare cases, for the defaulter Jedi. There must be Qui-Gon. According to Mace Windu, they were going to kill my Master tomorrow. So, I had not much time and I should hurry now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An old Master from Corellia was pacing in front of only not empty cell, where (as I could sense) was Qui-Gon. It was dangerous, but I managed to convenience him to patrol somewhere else. Now I had a terrible headache because of using the Force (it was very difficult for my young age), but the hall was empty.

I ran toward the cell. The door was large and could not be opened easy. Obviously, the Force could not help either. I saw a small window on the top of the door and tried to reach it, but failed because of my short

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.