main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Don?t Forgive, Don?t Forget * Jinn is back(09/04/11)* (young Obi-Wan,Dooku,Qui-Gon, drama, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthCorsa, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Title: Don?t Forgive, Don?t Forget

Author: Darth Manul & Darth Corsa

Genre: Drama, Angst

Summary: After Melida/Daan Qui-Gon is mad with his former Padawan and doesn't want to take him back. So, the Council find a new Master for Obi-Wan - Count Dooku.

Disclaimer: The galaxy belongs to us, these characters ? to Lu?as.

A/N Leave your opinion)

PM list:

dragonobiwan

Obi-Wan respectfully bowed his head, listening to the conversation between Qui-Gon and the Council members. They were discussing his future. Honestly, he had no guesses about what they would decide and the only thing left for him was to reproach himself for misbehaving on Melida/Daan.

Qui-Gon had returned him to Coruscant (Obi-Wan suspected that it happened not without Yoda?s persuasion) and brought him to the Temple, but whether he would agree to be Kenobi?s Master was a different question. During the flight, Master Jinn had being piloting the spaceship intently (he even didn?t set up the autopilot!) without a word.

It was always difficult to read anything on his calm face. Having arrived to Coruscant, they immediately went to the meeting with the Council instead of visiting the Healer?s Ward (Kenobi?s wounds were not dangerous, but usually Qui-Gon insisted on going there, despite Padawan?s assurances of his wellness).

Obi-Wan understood perfectly that he was in fault and that he would not get away with his error in judgment easily, nevertheless the suspense frightened him. Kenobi felt remorse for insulting Master Jinn, who had not still forgotten Xanatos? betrayal. Now Obi-Wan hoped that Qui-Gon would forgive him. The Council could choose to send him away again. If they did, would they send him back to the Agricorps?

?It?s scandalous! I?m speechless!? Saesee Tiin repeated once again, looking strictly at the drooping Padawan. ?If all the Jedi did what they consider important, would the Order exist anymore??

?However, sometimes the Force suggests better solutions than the Council can. Moreover, the Council can hardly assess the situation as right as a Jedi who does the mission.? Qui-Gon shouldered, looking at Master Tiin indifferently.
    Some piece of hope brightened for Obi-Wan.

?Are you defending your Padawan as always, Master Jinn?? Mace Windu, who had been being nearly silent before that, asked. He was sitting with his fingers crossed, leaning forward.

?Certainly not. Obi-Wan isn?t my Padawan anymore, I dare remind you. It was just a thought.?

Obi-Wan chilled because of the indifferent but firm intonation of those words.

?It would be unwise and foolish to spend such abilities left to growing plants in the Agricorps or doing something not related to the Force. We?re far too outnumbered to allow every young Padawan go where he wants. Especially when he?s minor: we are responsible for his well being and his life.?

Obi-Wan listened to Master Windu carefully. Despite such strong reasons, they were not intending to send him away. Of course, there would not be special indulgence, but, at least, it seemed he would stay a Jedi.

?As the Council wish.? Master Jinn smiled a bit and bowed. ?May I go now? You see, the last mission was uneasy.?

?Are you going to leave us? Just to go away?? Adi Gallia had completely forgotten about formalities and was staring at Qui-Gon surprised.

?Yes, I am. If I may remind the Council, Obi-Wan Kenobi is no longer my Padawan. I?ve reported about the mission, and now I need rest ? well deserved rest, by the way!?

At that moment fear tightly embraced Obi-Wan. Did that mean Master Jinn really did not want to see him anymore?

Qui-Gon smiled coldly, then said, as if he had read Padawan?s mind:

?I don?t think that we?ll be able to work efficiently after everything that has happened.?

Having bowed politely, he went out of the Council Chamber.

Obi-Wan looked at the door confusedly and turned to Master Yoda, who had closed his eyes, thinking.

?Solution, the Council has made. To leave you a Padawan to Master Jinn, not the wil

2. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Dang!

You really must have a vendetta against Qui-Gon Jinn!

This is the 4th Story (I think) you've written where he is villified!

Great as always btw!!!

3. dragonobiwan

dragonobiwan Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    Awesome!!! Can you add me to the PM list? =D=

4. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    You are giving us a side of Qui-Gon I could never imagine. o_O

But I like it.

5. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    I like this. I hope to see an update soon.

6. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    Whoaaa....very interesting! =D= I like this story. Please update soon!

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I hope you can update soon! I'm interested to see where this goes. =D=

8. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    SHADOW_MASTER_W
    Vendetta? Well, you know, we really liked Jinn at the beginning, but somehow he became guilty in everything and now we just can't stop!

dragonobiwan
    Thanks! Surely.:)

JediKaren
    We're glad you liked it. But we can't update soon. Fighting with the Rebels, err... I mean, real life :oops: .

Cade_Cryocharger
    Here's the next chapter. But not so soon.

Sara_Kenobi

To be honest, we're interested how they'll survive everything, too.:) The plot is still a little bit elusive.

As you can see, we have obvious problems with English, 'cause it's not our native language.
    So, many thanks to The1stJediPrincess, who helped us to correct the first chapter. Sorry, we couldn't wait till you finish this one. [face_praying]

Chapter 2

Dooku came into the kitchen with sincere curiosity.

?Padawan abuse, Jinn, huh?? he asked, looking at Jinn and Kenobi as at some alien pathetic life forms. ?If so, I?m not surprised that two previous ones haven?t got acclimatized. Beside, a nice tea set you have here. Is it from Naboo?? he was attentively inspecting cups on the shelf.

Qui-Gon was still holding his former Padawan by the collar in one hand and raised another one, his tunic in a mess.
    ?Padawan abuse? And is there anything about the Jedi Master abuse?? he asked angrily, completely ignoring the second part.

Obi-Wan, catching a moment, when Jinn released his hold, freed himself and got on the safe distance, slightly behind Dooku?s back. The latter looked at him surprisingly, but said nothing.

?Well, considering circumstances, it?s him on the loser side, not you. Don?t you want to take pity on him? And considering some height difference? the fight was unequal.? Kenobi bended his head and looked at Jinn very reproachfully.

?Loser side? By the way, he bit me several times and kicked in? ah, never mind.? Qui-Gon winced. ?Not to mention a broken plate.? Despite his words, Jinn almost completely calmed down and was smoothing his tunic.

?If not this, you would hurt me!? Obi-Wan said for the first time since Dooku?s arrival. He also came out from Jedi Master?s broad back, considering that a not so phantom menace disappeared.

Dooku smirked.

?And what are you doing here, Master Dooku?? Qui-Gon asked, trying to clean the mess and removing the broken shards from the floor, at the same time. ?Do you want just to visit your former Padawan or anything important has happened??

Qui-Gon and Dooku barely had been visiting each other for nearly thirty years after Jinn?s apprenticeship had ended and he had been knighted. Even during Qui-Gon?s Padawan years their relationships were quite official and cold.

?The Council assigned me a new Padawan. They also said that I?d find him in your quarters. I assume that I can teach you nothing, though it?s still a vexed question, I think? And young Kenobi fits well.?

?Are you my new Master?? Obi-Wan asked stupidly and moved back to Qui-Gon. Jinn automatically put a hand on his shoulder as if he wanted to protect the boy. He didn?t tell much about his Apprentice years, but as far as Obi-Wan knew, Dooku was quite a strict and cold Master.

?It?s obvious! If you were not so occupied, you could possibly check your comlinks for new messages. I?m sure, the Council have send you something. And, Qui-Gon, why this surprising look at your face? As far as I know, you willingly rejected your Padawan, so he needs a new Master now. I don?t know, why they decided to choose my candidature, surely, I didn?t ask them. I?m not so happy about it, but I don?t have a habit to argue with them. Are you still standing here? Go and take your belongings! I don?t want to waste all the day here. We have things to do, Padawan.?

Obi-Wan went to take his bag.

Kenobi had already gathered all his possessions and now he was staring at the ship model, attached to the wall.

Then, the door creaked and Jinn came in. He leaned on the jamb and was about to say something, but paused

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Loved the instinctive protective action Qui took towards Obi-Wan - unless it was more a rejection of Dooku as a master. Nice to see an update, and I wonder how Dooku and Obi-Wan will get along.

10. JediKaren

Apr 26, 2007
    ohh good chapter. I really want to know what is really going on. Can I count on an update soon? Please? With many more good comments on top?

11. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Greetings! Sorry, we couldn't update this earlier - a lot of work now.

Valairy_Scot
    I suppose they will get along quite well [face_thinking] But we'll see.

JediKaren
    Here's the next chapter! Hope, you'll like it.

Chapter 3

Dooku, closely followed by Obi-Wan, stepped into his apartment.

?Here, your new home until your knighthood, young Kenobi. The last one, I hope.? The older Jedi shrugged his shoulders and approached the sofa. He picked up something and turned to Obi-Wan. ?This is my home lizard?Mari. If I find out that you hurt her somehow, you will face very big problems. Now, I believe, you want to unpack your things. This room is yours.? The Jedi pointed to the left and disappeared in the kitchen.

The room was the same size as one at the Jinn?s quarters, but it immediately seemed quite? abandoned to Obi-Wan. Not visually, but in the Force. Like previous inhabitant was dead. He had heard that Dooku?s previous Padawan had been killed some years ago, so it was true.

The main color of the room was neutral beige. A bed was covered with a thick blanket, chest of drawers near it, where Kenobi put his clothes, a small table on the other side, a desk near the opposite wall. Obi-Wan found some journals, holodisks, and even several girlish hairpins in it. He decided to put all of these in the box and hid it under the bed.

He had just finished putting his possessions to their new places, when he remembered about the model of the ship, which he had put on the bed in the beginning.

He was holding it, when Dooku decided to check his new Apprentice. Obi-Wan immediately remembered what Qui-Gon had said about Dooku?s temper.

?I?m sorry, Master, I was planning to put it away?? he began, but Dooku stopped Obi-Wan by raising his hand.

?Put it wherever you want, I don?t mind. What has Jinn told you? Certainly, I?m not that severe. Besides, you will have plenty of time to spend here and staring at the walls. Don?t waste all the evening, I?d like to speak with you for a while. Now.?

They returned to the common room. Dooku picked up his lizard and stroked her head. She hissed with pleasure. Then, he nodded toward the plate on the low table near an armchair: ?Help yourself. I see you?re hungry.?

?You sensed it in the Force, didn?t you?? Obi-Wan asked curiously. Was it the beginning of the new training bond, where Master and Padawan had a connection through the Force?

?No, I heard your tummy-rumbling,? Dooku answered very seriously.

Obi-Wan stared at the sandwiches on the plate; finally, hunger prevailed and he decided to take one of them. Dooku was leniently looking at him, gently stroking his lizard. Obviously, Mari liked it and was making sounds resembling cat?s purring.

?Kenobi. I?m just curious, what has my first Apprentice told you about me?? The older Jedi asked after some moments of silence.

Obi-Wan raised his head and stopped chewing his sandwich, then he quickly swallowed it.

?Master Qui-Gon sometimes told me about the discipline and usually set you as an example. He said that you?re a strict but fair Master. He didn?t tell much about his own apprenticeship.?

?Jinn and discipline? When he was my Padawan, he always got himself in different troubles. I see, he possesses such a? nice ability now too. But speaking of the discipline. Be careful here, if you even accidentally step on Mari, I?ll send you back to Qui-Gon.?

Obi-Wan was silent as he wasn?t totally sure if Dooku was joking or not. The lizard stared at him unwinkingly; she seemed to agree with the older Jedi.

Dooku slightly smiled, enjoying the expression on his Padawan?s face.

?Of course, it was a joke!? Obi-Wan thought. ?I hope.?

?Yes, Master,? Kenobi answered, visibly relaxing. ?I noticed some things in my room. A knitted scarf, some hairpins, a picture on the wall. I think I should??

?Ah, yes. They belonged to my previous Padawan learner, Comari Vosa. She was killed in action some years ago and never reached her knighting ceremony. If only I could f

12. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Nice update Corsa!

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I hope the lizard begins to like him it will make it easier for him if she does.[face_thinking]

14. JediKaren

Apr 26, 2007
    lol I do! And I can't wait to read the next. No, seriously, I can't wait. Hurry up already. One day of rest? You should be writing, NOW!

15. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Greetings!

The1stJediPrincess
    Thanks! [:D]

Gkilkenny
    She's very friendly,really, but she doesn't like strangers.

JediKaren

Yes, we're planning and writing). I hope the next update will be in two days. But we'll see [face_whistling]

Besides, Darth Manul and me like this design with Dooku and Obi-Wan on the top.

And here is... Mari! She's really very cute and kind. [face_peace]

[image=http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5623/funpics0805200914.jpg]

16. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Here we are,

Chapter 4

Obi-Wan was aimlessly staring at the night city, full of life, through the thick lay of glass. Somehow it was like his usual daily meditations, but without that strong connection with the Force?just a perfect state to keep his mind clear and to think about something. Two speeders, as they were competing in speed, rushed through the night air. One thousand and twenty fourth and one thousand and twenty fifth per? per? Obi-Wan turned around to see the wallchrono, but the low voice said:

?One hour, ten minutes, and five seconds. Is this statistic of yours useful??

Dooku came into the common room, slowly approached the coach, covered with dark blue, and sat himself rather comfortably.

Obi-Wan frowned. He was sitting on the chair, facing the window, but finally decided that it would be more polite to face his new Master rather than to show him his rear.

Besides, if Dooku had guessed about his ?meditation?, one of his mental shields slipped and bared his thoughts. Padawan looked at Dooku and waited for some negative reaction.

To be honest, an older Jedi had said nothing bad to him during those last days, but the problem was that he had said nothing pleasant, either. He just looked at his new Apprentice rather condescendingly, hemmed sometimes, but hadn?t spared many words. Thus, Obi-Wan decided that Dooku was not satisfied with his behavior. Perhaps, it was paranoia, perhaps not.

?No, no, no. It was? predictable.? Dooku shrugged. ?You?re? ? He sighed. ?You?re too miserable. Do you think about your previous life again and again? Particularly, I suppose, about being Padawan to my former Apprentice??

Obi-Wan nodded; there was no point to deceive this from his new Master.

Indeed, he had been reflecting about the past few months.

He remembered, how they had been spending some evenings together, sitting in the common room and discussing different missions, some of them were boring, others were quite dangerous. Obi-Wan usually sat in the armchair and did his homework (he had missed much at the missions), Qui-Gon liked to read something or to write reports to the Council . Often they were meditating together. Obi-Wan felt coziness and comfort; he considered that place as his home. Here, it was completely different. The common room was quite plain, but somehow Dooku managed to make it as cold and cheerless as possible. Maybe, it just was because of dark colors, geometric forms. Obi-Wan unconsciously remembered a motley blanket lying on the worn coat, cloaks jauntily hanging near the door, a favorite cactus of Qui-Gon staying in the shattered pot on the floor, after all! Here, everything was perfectly lying on their places, no spare detail or a thing.

And Obi-Wan considered himself not fitting this décor. Maybe, that?s why he stared at the window and reflected about the past. It helped to forget the reality and imagine that everything was still the same.

Yesterday, Dooku went to Qui-Gon?s apartment and returned with Obi-Wan?s lightsaber, which a Jedi handed to his rightful owner. But he said absolutely nothing! He just rather dryly notified his Padawan that sparring session would be prolonged. In fact, Qui-Gon told Dooku about everything and an older Jedi decided to give the boy some free days to adapt (besides, he himself had some problems to be solved with the Council and not much spare time). But Obi-Wan?s fevered mind decided that Dooku was mad with him.

So, he imagined what could Qui-Gon do. Would he, after all, talk with his ne'er-do-well Padawan, explained everything once again, comforted him and forgive? On the other hand, considering their last meeting?
    Dooku cocked his head and looked around to find Mari, who was running nearby.

?I?m sorry, Master.? Obi-Wan finally answered.

?And what do you think you?ve done wrong?? Dooku asked.

A strange question. Just everything! His mistakes were discussed by the Council and Qui-Gon for many times.

?I shouldn?t let my emotions lead me. I shouldn?t leave my Master and the Jedi Order? I should fly with him? to leave t

17. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    A/N: Finally, I convinced my co-author to continue this. Still can't believe![face_whistling]

Chapter 5

Obi-Wan was was possibly wrong: he surely had to wake up early the next morning, and nevertheless, he was lying in the dark and thought over his current position.

On the one hand, he certainly should not figure on easy life with such a severe Master. On the other hand, Dooku?s firm character definitely made Kenobi feel calm and confidently. Altogether, Obi-Wan had just not to let his Master down in order to keep the situation stable.

There were some less important considerations, too. Kenobi had to admit that his primary luck was the fact the Council had not only let him stay in the Order, but also gave him a chance Obi-Wan start from scratch with Dooku. Establishing relations with Qui-Gon could be rather difficult and time-consuming. Of course, the Masters would watch him closely?but Obi-Wan was sure he would be able to return their favour. He had learnt the lesson from this all, hadn?t he? Any experience was invaluable; it made Kenobi wiser and he really had a chance to become the best among Dooku?s Padawans. Even better, than Qui-Gon himself had been! (Although it seemed, the old Jedi was rather cold with the former Apprentice.) Also, Kenobi had to learn more about that Komari Vosa?

~~~~~~

Kenobi woke up suddenly: he had heard, sleeping, that Dooku had been coughing politely, but after that Master considered that insufficient and he just threw away his Padawan?s cover.

?Wake up!? Dooku ordered Kenobi impatiently. ?Why didn?t you turn the alarm on? You?ve terribly got out of hand with
    Qui-Gon. Hurry up!?

When Obi-Wan got dressed and entered the living room, the older Jedi was already finishing his meal. The table appeared to be extensible and very long. Dooku was sitting at the farthest side of it; he was cleaning the last egg with a remarkable skill. At the other side of the table there was a plate, containing three eggs?it seemed, they were reptilian: almost round and speckled ones?for Obi-Wan.

?I have no time to wait for you,? Dooku said busily, rising from the table. ?Have your breakfast quickly and wash the dishes while I?ll go to Qui-Gon. We need to talk a little.?

?Yef, Mafta!? Kenobi said, intensively chewing the egg, which appeared to be much more viscous than he had expected.
    The Master rolled up his eyes and pursed up his lips. ?Our first lesson will be fully dedicated to the way of behaving,? he promised.

~~~~~~

Dooku had to knock at least three times before Jinn, who could hardly help yawning, opened the door.

?Nice to meet you,? he greeted the guest, inviting him to come in. ?Though I haven?t expected you to return here so soon. Let me guess? Padawan misbehaves??

Jinn?s voice was fulfilled with calmness and kindliness; Dooku decided that Qui-Gon had not got very attached to the former Padawan and, perhaps, he was having his rest lightly now.

?Someone!? Dooku emphasized that word: ?Someone didn?t teach him to wake up on time. However, now his habits are out of your concern. Besides, are you planning to keep training the young?? The elder Jedi hurried up to change the topic when he saw some signs of disgust on Jinn?s face.

?Honestly, I don?t think I?ll ever take another Padawan,? the former Apprentice answered for serious. ?The matter isn?t even in this Kenobi, although I must admit that I had a hell of a lot of trouble because of him. No. However, Xanatos? betrayal and one more now? It?s enough for me, isn?t it? And you were right finally: I have to be always alone?there?s no one I can trust all the time.?

?Brilliant! And how I only could train you, and?? Dooku stammered, because he had just been in a step from naming dead Komari. He had been avoiding talking about her since she died, and now it had already become the habit he had fallen in. ??and how am I training young Kenobi? If you don?t like total disbelief, you have to raise Knight?s you?ll be able to rely on.?

?Do you mean I failed at doing so?? Qui-Gon murmured, louring at his former Master. ?Maybe, you?

18. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Interestng story. Poor Obi-Wan, what is he going to do now? [face_worried]

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan should have learned by now not to be baited by Bruck. It is best that he leave if he cannot control his emotions.

20. DarthManul

DarthManul Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2010
    obimom,
    it?s in Corsa?s hands now. She?d been tormenting me with translation for a month at least and it?s her turn now ;).
    Gkilkenny,
    it?s difficult to leave when the opponent is looking for fight and stands on the way with his ?saber [face_devil].

21. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Greetings, finally we finished another chapter!

Chapter 6

Obi-Wan was running through the Temple. If somebody asked, he would say that he was hurrying to the Healers (besides, the burn on the hand was still painful) or it?s about the mission... Suddenly he stopped and decided it would be the best to walk casually, in order to avoid unnecessarily attention at all. All thoughts about foolishness of this ?escape? were ignored.

It wasn?t too hard?to get out of the Temple. Obi-Wan thought that he should appreciate this fact, but he suddenly felt quite unsure. Subconsciously, he expected somebody to stop him, to prevent from doing this... but there was nobody. Maybe, that?s really was the will of the Force?

Soon, he left the Temple area.

Then he ran, not bothering to understand, where. After an hour or two (he left both his wrist chrono and comlink in the Temple) of aimless wandering through Coruscant levels, Obi-Wan knew that he was far enough not to be spotted by the Jedi?even they didn?t often visit lowest levels, it was too dangerous and risky.

The evening fell too quickly; it was dark, possibly, because of sky, full of black clouds. Soon the rain was drenching the streets. At first, Obi-Wan didn?t pay any attention to water (he was a Jedi Padawan, after all), but he soon realized that he had no dry clothes or a warm place to rest. So he decided to find an awning or something like that. As ill luck would have it, there was nothing?absolutely nothing, even a hotel. Well, the last could be at least expected?who would like to stay in the area like this and locals didn?t have enough credits. Besides, Kenobi had a very small sum of money with him to stop at expansive hotels on the upper levels. There was nothing for him but walk further; if he didn?t find a place to hide, then, at least, he would keep himself warm.

It was completely dark outside; locals almost disappeared from the streets?not only because of the rain, but away from dangerous people?lower levels were full with criminals of all kinds. Obi-Wan wondered if somebody would mourn him, if he vanished here. Not Qui-Gon, certainly, not Dooku, not members of the Council. Yoda, maybe, would move his long ears, with sad expression upon his green face... Friends would miss him... perhaps. Suddenly Obi-Wan stopped in the middle of the street and said to himself that he wouldn?t give all of them this pleasure?he would survive! They would hear of him!

?Fool!? Male Zabrack on the black speeder cried. He deviated sharply to avoid the human boy and cursed in his language. Obi-Wan was lucky, but he fell on the stone, hardly hitting his back. Of course, the driver disappeared, why should he be bothered with somebody except himself?

Obi-Wan rose up, sighing and rubbing his sore back. Maybe, the survival on his own would be more difficult than he had expected. Then he felt somebody?s attention. All his Jedi senses screamed that the stranger was looking for him. Obi-Wan?s bravado abruptly disappeared and he wanted to hide himself. He was sure that a man didn?t want to say hello or help.

He started to run as fast as he could, though he was already tired. Across one street, another one... He stopped near the old abandoned storehouse, surrounded by the low wall. Most likely, the stranger was left behind. And this building could provide at least the roof under his ginger-haired head. Obi-Wan gathered himself up, jumped, and tried to climb over the wall. It?s quite difficult: concrete was wet and the boy slipped down, grazing his bare hands. When he almost managed to get over, he realized that somebody grabbed him by his cloak and pulled down.

He looked over his shoulder and saw a very tall figure in the dark clothes. Obi-Wan wanted to disappear, jumped up again?but the stranger was faster and grabbed the boy by the collar. The grasp was too firm, though Obi-Wan still dodged and kicked to get free. The man smacked him on the back of his head, rather painfully, and pressed to the wall. The stranger unclipped something metallic from his belt; Obi-Wa

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow..a severe but strangely sympathetic Master dooku! Good job!

23. AmbassadorKosh

AmbassadorKosh Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2011
    Well, I've read some of your stories and now I have a feeling that you hate some characters. Probably, Obi, 'cause he always gets in trouble... Or Qui-Gon, who's always rather evil...

Anyway, it was interesting. Good job.=D=

24. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    obimom, thank you! We hope you'll like our Dooku in this chapter, too.

AmbassadorKosh, I suppose you're not the first one to admit it. ;) Anyway, thanks for reading!
    Should I PM you?

Chapter 7

It was the early evening and the light colored the room into the beautiful shadows. However, Obi-Wan didn?t pay much attention to it: he was sitting on the floor and reading something on his datapad. Most likely, it was for his upcoming classes. Mari was sneaking around, messing with studies, but didn?t help, to Obi-Wan?s displeasure. He and Master Dooku had been on a mission for about a week; absolutely nothing important, but the local government wanted the Jedi to attend the negotiations. Obi-Wan discovered his Master had an ability to sit with an expression upon his face that he was doing a great favor to those pathetic people. He was tall and looked noble even in plain Jedi uniform and black cloak. Kenobi himself couldn?t pay much attention to a dull conversation for a long time and he was dismissed by Dooku with a sigh since there was nothing really important.

The Council seemed neutral about him (Dooku had already spoken with them about Bruck, but said nothing else); Master also said nothing about the fruitless and unprofessional attempt to run away (not counting that he gave Obi-Wan some extra studies?to make the next one professional, Padawan supposed). Thus, Obi-Wan had nothing to worry about, but he promised himself not to disappoint his mentor in the future. Now he was studying missing lessons and tried to understand a topic about politics. He failed. However, Obi-Wan didn?t want to bother Dooku with this (to be honest, he felt shy), though, most likely, his Master would help.

The door opened. Obi-Wan even didn?t raise his head to see who came in; it should be Dooku returning from the Council briefing.

But it wasn?t him.

?Greetings, Obi-Wan. Is your Master here?? Jinn asked. Obi-Wan noticed that he was carrying the travel bag on the shoulder. As he had heard, Xanatos, Qui-Gon?s previous Apprentice, tried to penetrate the Temple, using Bruck. Luckily, nothing serious had happened. The boy was sent straight at home, but the Dark Jedi managed to escape.

?Good evening, Master Jinn.? Obi-Wan tried to be as polite as possible. At heart, he still hoped that Qui-Gon would change his decision and would take his Padawan back. This hope faded day by day and what?s more?Obi-Wan started to appreciate the new life. ?I?m sorry, but he?s not at home. Can I help you??

?I?m afraid, you can?t. I wanted to talk to him. Unfortunately, my transport will be leaving soon and I have no time to wait for him.? Jinn studied the wrist chrono, wrinkling disapprovingly.

?Another mission?? Obi-Wan asked out of politeness. He had already learned that many missions were just the routine. And others were quite dangerous for the life.

?Well, I can?t call it a mission I suppose.? Qui-Gon shook his shoulders. ?The Council do not approve it.?
    Obi-Wan nodded. It just was Jinn?s way of doing most of things. Padawan tried to read another sentence on datapad and not to look absent.

?Tell Dooku, please, that I?m going to find Xanatos.?

?What?!? If Obi-Wan wasn?t sitting on the floor, he would definitely drop something on it. ?I mean? why??

?It?s alright, Obi-Wan. I want to speak with him? and return him in the Temple.? Qui-Gon took Obi-Wan?s datapad and frowned.

?That makes sense,? Obi-Wan thought. ?He?s dangerous and even tried to kill Yoda!?

??as my Padawan,? Qui-Gon continued. ?Oh, I?m almost late! It was nice to see you, pass my regards to Dooku. Besides, your work is full of mistakes.?

Qui-Gon left the flat, leaving Obi-Wan with opened mouth.

How could he do this? Obi-Wan still remembered their last meeting with the Dark Jedi. He wasn?t sure he would like to see him again. No?

?Is anything wrong, Padawan?? Dooku raised his left brow with an unspoken question.

Kenobi mentally stoke himself on the forehead: he even didn?t notice Master?s arrival.

?Has something happened?? Dooku asked again, sitting himself

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Now, Obi-wan isn't going to leave the temple to try to help Qui-Gon is he? But it would be just like him to do so, I think. He's starting to get used to Dooku, but if you keep this AU pretty much to standard, Obi's heart is with Qui-Gon and he wouldn't want to see him hurt. We'll see, heh..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.