main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Whispers in the Glass (Adventure, Siriwan, Slightly AU, 40 BBY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Burning_Endor, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning_Endor

Burning_Endor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2008
    Title: Whispers in the Glass
    Author: Burning_Endor
    Timeframe: 40 BBY [Sometime after the New Apsolon Trilogy]
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Siri Tachi, Adi Gallia, OCs
    Genre: Adventure, a dash of humor, all with a side of much-needed Siriwan, veers AU (possibly. You'll just have to read [face_whistling])
    Summary: An investigation into pollutants being dumped into the natural wonders that are the waters of Acryllis V turns into the discovery of something much more, something evil and more sinister than they could have imagined. In the midst of the darkness, two padawan Jedi try to come to terms with their emotions... and question the very code by which they live their lives.

CHAPTER ONE - A WONDER PALED IN COMPARISON

?This,? Obi-Wan said with growing anxiety, ?is not what I meant when I said I wanted to get out of the temple for a mission, master.? The wind picked up a bit more as he spoke, sand blowing off the beach and into the young padawan?s eyes.

As beautiful as the landscape looked - a golden beach and an off-blue ocean, completed by an vibrant archipelago ecosystem, all but a few clicks from the planet?s capital city - actually being in it was an ordeal. Constant winds, violent shrill calls from the local avis, and the smell! Salt water and crustacean carried on the wind. Disgusting.

?You didn?t specify padawan. It?s your fault,? Qui-Gon replied with a suppressed grin. Both knew as well as any other that they would do whatever the council asked, but neither had expected the location to be so contradictory; beautiful and undesirable.

Obi-Wan stopped and looked around. This was pointless. They weren?t going to find out who was dumping the pollutants by trudging over every beach on the planet, what was his master thinking? They were better off in a council chamber, talking to the bureaucrats or something, anything but the sand and that blasted smell!

?Obi-Wan, pick your feet up, we?re almost there.? Qui-Gon was already well ahead of him now, but his powerful voice carried easily on the wind past them.

?Almost where master??

?You?ll see.?

Obi-Wan sighed and did his best to catch up this master as they passed under a giant palm?s thick canopy. The planet was well known for their flora, especially the giant palms; the oldest and largest grew their trunks to be nearly a quarter mile long, and their foliage spread out for extreme distances. Those trees were almost single-handedly responsible for the reason the planet had developed the way it had.

After a bit more walking, his master stopped ahead of him. Obi-Wan sighed. He hoped this was where they were stopping. As he came up beside his master he looked over at the water?

?and realized it was far below him. What had happened to the beach?

?This, my young padawan, is one of the galaxy?s greatest wonders,? Qui-Gon said, gazing out in as much admiration as his padawan had awe, ?These are the grand waterfalls of Acryllis V.?

Obi-Wan looked over the edge to see that some paces ago the water had fallen straight down below from alongside. In the distance, he saw that this happened in several other places, for miles upon miles. All the water flowed down to what looked like a huge lake. He hadn?t heard the sound of the waterfall for all the racket the high winds were making, and hadn?t really looked as he had been keeping his gaze down, to keep the sand out.

?All that water runs through the honeycomb of the planet?s core, feeding the other oceans. There?s nothing like this in the rest of the galaxy. It?s why we?re here to find out who?s polluting the waters.?

Obi-Wan nodded. He hadn?t been enthusiastic about the mission before, and he still wasn?t thrilled; but now, he had to admit, he had a lot more respect for the cause. He didn?t much care for water, not like he used to. But he had to admit, this spectacle had a certain quality of beauty. It almost reminded him of Siri. But no, it was too bland. Not quite like her.

Obi-Wan sighed. A Jedi wasn?t allowed to act on his emotions. He knew that. They had made a commitment to the code. He k

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Yay!! Another Siriwan!! [face_dancing] We can't have too much Siriwan. I really like how this started.

The planet sounds beautiful, I hope they can find out who is doing the polluting...that is..if Obi and Siri don't get too distracted...[face_whistling]

I'll look forward to the next chapter!!

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice beginning.

Loved Qui-Gon teasing Obi over his feelings for Siri. Of course, he noticed and it seems, for now at least, he trusts Obi-Wan not to cross the line.

I do feel bad for Obi have to go grocery shopping. Men hate that!

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Siri-the-Vixen

Siri-the-Vixen Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2011
    hey i'm a women and i hate shopping unless it's for books

great start by the way =D=

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I dislike grocery shopping, too - though the results are nice.

This promises much goodness ahead; I hope you will update frequently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.