main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Wicked Dreams (Obi, Qui, Yoda ~ AU post-RoS) PRE-move update 3/18: cha. 20- Darth Sidious arrives.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Blue Ice Cream, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Title: Wicked Dreams (previously titled: "Return to Mustafar")

Author: epithree

Genre: action, adventure, drama

Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yoda, Boba, Dengar, Sidious, Vader, and young Ani

Timeline: Intertrilogy AU set 1 year post-RoS

Notes: This is an extreme AU and here is a brief mention of important events...
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan defeated Darth Maul at Naboo.

The force has granted Qui-Gon new knowledge and abilities, increasing his Jedi status beyond that of Yoda's. The circumstances surrounding this inexplicable gaining of power are explored during the latter stages of the story.

And Darth Sidious defeated the team of Qui-Gon and Yoda at the conclusion of RoS, while Obi-Wan was sent to his epic duel with Anakin.

Summary: Now being trained by the incredibly knowledgeable Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan and Yoda must face several trials, such as Obi-Wan's return to Mustafar and Yoda's brush with the dark side.

Disclaimer: Star Wars is not mine. Just playing with the sand.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

[b]Wicked Dreams[/b] by [b]epithree[/b]

[hr]

[b]Prologue: The Return[/b]

[b]T[/b]here was one place in the galaxy that Obi-Wan Kenobi wanted to avoid. It was the planet Mustafar. Yet there he was, watching turbulent lava shoot around him from the cockpit of his newly acquired ship.

As he approached the nearest landing pad, his mind reeled on about many disturbing truths, but it was particularly focused upon the confrontation he had endured here only a standard year before.

'I must be out of my mind,' Obi-Wan mused to himself. He had obtained his transportation back in Mos Espa on Tatooine, for that planet was his new home.

He cut the tiny ship's engines and activated the repulsors. Then, as gently as he could, Obi-Wan touched the durasteel of a nearby landing pad. It was no easy task with such a lemon of a craft.

Obi-Wan had been most displeased with the cheap vessel's performance up to this point. 'Never swap parts in Mos Espa,' he thought, scolding himself. "What was I thinking?" he quietly muttered.

After being in hiding for a year, the Jedi master had charted a course from Tatooine to this lava-encapsulated world. And he had made the journey droidless.

Obi-Wan doubted that the hyperdrive would cooperate with him if and when he made his way back to Tatooine. He had accepted the parts for the hyperdrive from dealers in Mos Espa. Knowing that they were a shady bunch of crooks, Obi-Wan was able to predict that the slapdash vessel would be trouble. However, if the ship made it to Mustafar, then that would be enough.

The cockpit's hatch wouldn't open until Obi-Wan gave it a swift kick. "Pitiful," he mumbled to himself. The Jedi's olfactory senses were instantly hit with the smell of burning metal.

Lava churned next to the landing pad, as an eerie orange-red river.

Obi-Wan got out of the craft slowly, while the lighter pieces of lava floated upward through the air. These particles of magma were caught by the heated air currents, swaying to and fro, around Obi-Wan.

Using the force as a shield, he prevented the larger particles from striking his skin, though he could still feel the relentless heat rising. All about the lava flow, mighty red chunks ruled the air.

Looking around uncomfortably, Obi-Wan made his way along an attached durasteel pathway. 'Again,' he thought, for he had traversed this metallic path only a year before.

The familiar landing pad and connected walkway represented key points from his horrible confrontation with Anakin Skywalker. Obi-Wan started to think about the duel. Shaking his head, he pushed away the thoughts. The Jedi returned to his prior deliberation, which was whether or not his mission was plausible.

Once he reached the end of the path, Obi-Wan took notice of the facility's damage. Barely recognizable, the whole area had been wrecked beyond belief. There was no sign of the worker droids that used to patrol the now twisted development. Obi-Wan's altercation with his former padawan had left the

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh...interesting beginning. And it's got Obi, and Yoda, and Qui...something wicked this way comes, indeed.

3. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Interesting. and Time Travel. I take it that hasn't happened yet...or did it already and we're seeing the results? Who is doing (or did) the time traveling? My guess would be Qui-Gon...but I'll see what you have planned for this...

:D

4. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Thank you for the reply. :)

Obi, Qui, and Yoda... they shall prove to be quite the trio.

5. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006

[hr]

[b]Chapter 1: Unspoken Words[/b]

[u]Mustafar[/u]

[b]O[/b]bi-Wan Kenobi had come a long way since the first time he was Qui-Gon Jinn's apprentice. Now that he had become his student once more, his skills were steadily improving. He especially began to master Qui-Gon's unique meditative techniques.

Sitting there amongst the persistent heat might have seemed foolish to the casual viewer, but Obi-Wan was deep in his meditation. As he absorbed the heat, the force converted it into raw energy. He was so engrossed in the exercise that his midichlorians were suppressing his sweat glands.

Legs crossed, and looking ahead into the spot that caused him much discomfort, Obi-Wan held his gaze. He was looking through the location, seeing things that only the force could produce in one's own psyche.

Blankets of pure stress fell off him like layers of skin. He placed his fists upon his legs and stared intently, but he no longer saw the troubling spot.

All around him, the Mustafar sky grew darker. The air suddenly became colder. His senses were no longer feeding him information about reality. He was now within a force-induced vision, looking for answers.

The valley began to feel more like a cave as clouds gathered above, enhancing the darkness. The brilliant reds from distant lava eruptions were now obscured by the thick clouds and Obi-Wan felt all color dripping away.

Now seeing things only in shades of grey, Obi-Wan stood up. He instantly took a step forward, and realized his actual body had never left where he had been sitting. He looked at himself hard, and waved a hand in front of his true form's face. No response.

Obi-Wan had never experienced a vision of this magnitude before. All color had left, and he started walking away from his seated form, towards the spot where he had left Anakin.

The now grey lava flowed as it did a year before. The spot was no longer submerged and the high bank where Obi-Wan had swung was also revealed.

As he made his way up the canyon wall, he couldn't help but look back again. Sure enough, there was Obi-Wan's sitting form at the middle of the valley base. He stopped, halfway up the steep embankment and squeezed his hand into a fist. 'Was this for real?' he questioned to himself, as a wicked breeze started to whip through the canyon. And for a moment, Obi-Wan felt lost, for he didn't understand what Qui-Gon's words had meant.

"The river... it calls to you."

Obi-Wan thought he had done the right thing by following the river of lava to the terrible spot. But now, in some kind of force-enhanced trance, he pondered about the words again.

Of course Qui-Gon Jinn had told him many other things back on Tatooine? things he was supposed to do at Mustafar.

Obi-Wan had been instructed to perform several tasks upon the volatile world, but his attempts yielded no results. He had already failed to acquire any readings with his special device.

Qui-Gon's quote about the river was the key. It was integral to Obi-Wan's mission. The force told him so.

Obi-Wan Kenobi now stood upon the high riverbank. 'Is this really me?' he inquired to himself, for he could still see the form of his body sitting at the canyon base. This ethereal form of Obi-Wan was still in its meditative position, with eyes fixed upon the spot where he had left Anakin.

Seeing another version of himself felt especially eerie for Obi-Wan. He averted his gaze slightly for a moment, and then quickly looked back. The visage was still there.

'Is this a dream?' he wondered, as he examined his hands in front of his face. They felt real, but he could see through them as if they were transparent.

The grey lava was particularly active now, and Obi-Wan looked across the molten chaos, taking notice of the opposite canyon wall. The platform that he and Anakin had used was no longer there, where it had been lodged into the soot. In fact, it wasn't anywhere near at all.

He shook his head profusely, but his surroundings did not change. Everything was grey, from the dark clouds to the churning lava. Ev

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    But can he really affect what has already happened? [face_thinking]

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow...was that real for Obi-Wan, or a vision? Nice visuals. What a strange position for Obi-Wan to find himself in.

8. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hello there.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. The character 'young Ani' appears during the story by means of 'time-travel'. That's why I wrote it there.

So... no, it hasn't happened yet. The prologue is not a result of time-travel. As for who does the time-traveling, I can't reveal that yet.

Of course, Obi gets another chance at the duel through a force vision. Is that considered time-travel? Only from a certain point of view. :D Each reader shall have his or her own opinion.

Anyway, there are many force-induced events and phenomenon during this tale. Prepare for visions, dimensional portals, and time-travel.

Hope I answered your questions adequately. Please forgive me if I confused you even more. :)

Thanks for the reply.

9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    epithree Not at all and I understand portals, visions and such...I've been a sci fi fan long before I was a SW fan [face_blush] and my son is into different sci fi stuff, and he has a game called portals which is kind of fascinating to watch him play.

I had a feeling when I read the next chapter that we weren't talking about the kind of time travel one usually sees on FF.

I'll be really interested in seeing where you go with this.

10. DarthCambius

DarthCambius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2007
    This is interesting...put me on a PM list for updates please.

11. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Hmmmmmmm, this story sounds familiar [face_thinking]

Can you PM me with updates?

12. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006

[hr]

[b]Chapter 2: A Cold Wind[/b]

[u]Dagobah[/u]

[b]Q[/b]ui-Gon Jinn used the force to navigate through the murky stratosphere of Dagobah. Zero visibility made landing on the planet nearly impossible. However, Qui-Gon's simple one-man craft somehow landed delicately upon the soft mud.

Knowing the subtleties of the force, Qui-Gon had landed the ship with relative ease. It was as if the atmosphere hadn't even existed for the Jedi master.

The entire approach was made with little effort, from planetary insertion to the landing cycle. Qui-Gon Jinn possessed knowledge of the force like no other being. He had been afforded deep comprehension. The force enveloped him, and its soothing undulations guided him through the planet's thick layer of fog. During the flight, Qui-Gon had hardly touched the ship's controls.

As Qui-Gon searched his feelings, he felt as if the force was working independently. The Jedi master was still getting used to the powers he had acquired upon that fateful day? the day he and Yoda had battled Sidious.

The tiny vessel was now nestled gently against a gnarled tree. Dark brown mud layered the surface of the dank planet. The force caressed Qui-Gon and the ship.

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn exited the craft swiftly, and his astromech droid followed.

Surrounded by swamp on three sides, Qui-Gon began to walk across the peninsula towards the dark jungle.

Airborne creatures screeched at Qui-Gon and the droid. The Jedi master hardly took notice, for he had been to Dagobah quite often recently. Bubbles floated to the top of the adjacent swamp, proving that the planet was loaded with aquatic beings as well.

When he reached a group of knotted trees, Qui-Gon spoke to the droid. "Eethree, stay here."

He entered the wet, murky jungle with one thing on his mind... whether or not Obi-Wan was heeding his words at Mustafar.

Qui-Gon Jinn had told his apprentice much on Tatooine, and he knew that Obi-Wan would not retain all of the information. That's because Obi-Wan was still preoccupied with guilt about Anakin's fate. Even though it had been a standard year now, Qui-Gon still found it increasingly difficult to capture his padawan's attention.

This new arrangement was strange for all involved. Yoda and Obi-Wan, both Jedi masters, were now apprenticed to Qui-Gon, the new grand master of the Jedi. It was Yoda who had bestowed the title upon him.

Ever since the defeat by Sidious, Yoda knew this was how it had to be, for Qui-Gon had become inexplicably more powerful that day. This fact was confirmed for Yoda by the force itself. However, Qui-Gon wasn't the only one to gain knowledge that day. Yoda had learned a skill too, unbeknownst to his fellow Jedi.

It seemed as though Qui-Gon Jinn was getting a taste of his own medicine when issuing orders to Yoda. The diminutive Jedi master was quite defiant, finding it hard to give up his long tenure of authority.

Up ahead, through the wet jungle, yellow beams of light siphoned out from Yoda's hut. Qui-Gon traversed the marshland and got there rather quickly.

"Master Yoda... I have returned," Qui-Gon said through the mist of the planet. He made it a point to call Yoda 'master' even though the hierarchy had changed.

"Yes... master Qui-Gon. Eat now we must. Hmmm?" was Yoda's response, which echoed outward from the small hut.

Qui-Gon allowed himself to display the smallest of smiles. Yoda's first year as a recluse on Dagobah had made the diminutive Jedi a bit more playful. And Qui-Gon knew the difficulties associated with exile, so he went along with Yoda's artificial merriment. Any other sentient being might have really gone stir crazy becoming a hermit. Yoda was holding up well.

"Now master Yoda, you know there's no room for me," Qui-Gon said plainly.

"Hmmm. Eat outside we must... good food." Yoda let out a unique laugh.

The light mist was turning into rain as Yoda came out of his small makeshift hut. "Getting wet matters not." He handed Qui-Gon a cup and spoon. With his other hand, Yoda held his own so-called food. He had

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Cool. A portal. What is Yoda doing? Surely even though he has touched the dark side, he's not going there, right? He only used it to try to get to Obi-Wan...

Portals sure would save on space flight, wouldn't they? ;)

14. DarthCambius

Jul 12, 2007
    I like the switching of roles between Qui Gon and Yoda. Keep it coming!!

15. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Excellent question. :D

16. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006

[hr]

[b]Chapter 3: Altered Journey[/b]

[u]Mustafar[/u]

[b]A[/b]lthough he was locked in dangerous combat, Obi-Wan Kenobi let himself smile. He was thinking about how he had just changed the outcome of the duel.

This infuriated Anakin, as their blades clashed several times. He thought Obi-Wan was taunting him.

Both combatants were upon the platform, which was still hovering motionless at the shore. Lava spilled out of the canyon walls.

Obi-Wan had charged Anakin instead of waiting for him to jump, changing the result of the battle. He thought the miraculous alteration would please Qui-Gon. However, as clever as the move was, it wasn't what the grand master had intended for Kenobi to do.

And so, little did Obi-Wan know that he was in the process of failing this trial.

Anakin attacked swiftly. His former master dodged each strike as the boy spoke. "Do you find this funny?" Another high and powerful swing forced Obi-Wan to block. "Does this amuse you?" Anakin added.

Then, Obi-Wan intentionally removed his smile. "No Anakin... I won't harm you. This fight is over." He deactivated his lightsaber.

Kenobi looked into the yellow eyes of his former apprentice. He could feel Anakin's dark side aura penetrating him. The boy wore a sinister face. "You are unwise to lower your defenses!" Anakin spoke the warning loudly.

With a snap-hiss, Obi-Wan's saber ignited just in time to counter a hard lunge from Anakin. They exchanged blows again. The crackling of the blue against blue was powerful, and it reverberated throughout the entire canyon.

Anakin motioned towards the edge of the platform with his hand, and force-pulled it back into the river of lava.

Once again, they were headed upstream. Enveloped by writhing lava blasts, the platform shook violently.

With his balance compromised, Obi-Wan could do nothing but defend as Anakin continued to strike.

This was a new situation. One year earlier, the platform had never traveled beyond the spot where Obi-Wan walked away from Anakin. However, today was different. Kenobi had changed his actions, and Skywalker had force-pulled the platform back into the lava. Consequently, they were much further along the river this time.

Their previous journey was not as perilous. The lava was far more volatile now. It churned around the platform, and little hot pieces made contact with both combatants. Obi-Wan still felt nothing, but he noticed that Anakin was reeling each time a particle touched him.

The pace of the swordfight had slowed considerably. Anakin was trying to avoid the drifting pieces of lava and Obi-Wan was holding back. The bearded Jedi had wanted to hold back since the start of the duel, but Anakin's onslaught forced him to fight hard. Now, he had no intention of continuing the bout.

Obi-Wan Kenobi held his lightsaber aloft and spoke. "Anakin... come back to the light!" He then proceeded to swat the lava bits with his blade so they would no longer strike Anakin.

Now Anakin held his lightsaber in a defensive position. He seemed surprised and confused. "Why... why are you helping me?"

Obi-Wan felt the dark side relent ever so slightly as the intense flaring of Anakin's yellow eyes diminished.

Oddly enough, they had reached a calmer section of the river. This caused a significant decrease in the number of lava pieces drifting through the air.

Neither Jedi was swinging anymore. Somehow, Anakin was seeing the goodness in Obi-Wan. The boy felt regret for what he had done.

"Own up to what you've done!" Obi-Wan pleaded. "I can help!"

Anakin Skywalker stared at the platform, shying away from his former master. "No," he muttered. "No? I can't be helped."

Suddenly, a nasty eruption of lava shot out from the canyon wall. The majority of the ooze hit Obi-Wan squarely against his left arm, but he didn't even flinch. Anakin watched in wonderment. This strange distraction seemed to snap the boy out of his temporary calm.

Shadows began to play off of Anakin's face in an ominous motif. The dark side grabbed hold and transformed the boy int

17. DarthCambius

Jul 12, 2007
    ooohhh...interesting

keep it up!

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    wow, all that that is happening is just a vision? Pretty real for Obi-Wan and Yoda it seems.

Interesting...wondering where this is all leading.

19. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    The forthcoming chapters shall answer your question.

Thrilled that you liked the visuals.

Thanks so much for the reply. :)

20. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    What type of game is 'portals'?

Yes, there's a twist to the time travel.

Thanks for posting. :)

21. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006

[hr]

[b]Chapter 4: Dark Truth[/b]

[u]Mustafar[/u]

[b]O[/b]bi-Wan Kenobi continued to battle with Anakin Skywalker. After their chaotic clash atop the high riverbank, they had made their way back to the sooty shore. As cyan blades met, they once again boarded the motionless platform. Now surrounding three sides of the metallic dais, lava bubbled and spurted around them.

Balanced effectively upon the platform, Anakin was using a strong style of lightsaber combat, where he would push his opponent back with powerful upper blows.

Obi-Wan knew his former apprentice well, so he was able to withstand the onslaught. However, each thrust from Anakin brought Obi-Wan closer to the superheated magma surrounding the platform. With little room left before the edge, Obi-Wan had to lunge forward with a strong blow of his own.

This forced Anakin to employ a side attack as he adjusted. The simpler technique was an easy parry for Obi-Wan.

Advantage regained, Obi-Wan pushed Anakin back towards the shore. The Jedi master held back just enough to avoid harming his opponent. With no intention of striking his former padawan, Obi-Wan pondered Anakin?s combat style. ?Is Anakin holding back as well??

Soon, young Anakin gained the upper hand once more. Obi-Wan countered much quicker this time, and the result was a stalemate. With lightsabers locked, both combatants stood at the center of the platform.

"Anakin... I'm not your enemy!" Obi-Wan shouted above the sound of the raging lava.

"If you're not with me, then you?re my enemy!" Anakin shot back. Blazing fires spread up the canyon walls.

Both competitors had stopped swinging, for they were close to absolute exhaustion. The fiery lava bubbled around them, and there was a large eruption at the top of the canyon wall.

Distracted for the slightest moment, Anakin broke the saber lock and shielded his eyes from the volcanic discharge.

Obi-Wan was quick, for within a split second, he had severed Anakin's lightsaber hilt. The blue blade cut Anakin?s weapon cleanly in half. The pieces clanked against the platform, and then rolled into the lava. One of the halves exploded, causing sparks to shoot out from the unstable magma.

Now Anakin just gazed at his former master, eyes blazing yellow, and his face even darker than before. It was all he could do after being disarmed. His hatred burned.

Obi-Wan was a bit intimidated, but he hid his emotions well. He deactivated his lightsaber and spoke. "It's over Anakin." He exhaled. "It's over."

Then, as Anakin stared menacingly at Obi-Wan, the Jedi master looked back to the canyon base where he had started this incredible trek. His sitting form was still there, gazing ahead in a meditative state, just like before.

Obi-Wan remembered that he had walked outside of his ethereal self, and came to a conclusion. "This is just a dream," he said quietly to himself. "It's a vision that's not real." Then he yelled at his former student. "Anakin... you're not real!"

Slowly, Obi-Wan's surroundings began to spin. ?What?s happening now?? he questioned. Just before dizziness took hold, Obi-Wan noticed another lightsaber shoot out from Anakin's tunic sleeve. The weapon ignited and the blade was bright red.

Anakin was laughing maniacally and Obi-Wan had lost his bearings, tumbling to the platform's surface. The Mustafar surroundings intermingled within Obi-Wan's mind. Anakin had just become a mere shadow, wielding a Sith lightsaber.

Obi-Wan recomposed himself when the spinning stopped and realized that the platform was still wedged into the shore?s soot. He ran back towards the high riverbank. The clouds seemed darker than before. Sitting upon the canyon base, Obi-Wan's other guise continued to meditate.

Lightning flashed and lava shot upwards. Anakin Skywalker was transforming. Kenobi could hardly believe what he was seeing.

The shadowy Anakin grew, larger and larger, until he had morphed into a dark machine.

It looked like Obi-Wan wasn't going to get another chance, for Anakin was no more.

?It?s

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yikes! That sounds like a nightmare!!

Glad to see an update - it's been awhile.

The Portals game - I've seen my son play it, but how do I describe it? It's a first person puzzle game.

In a futuristic earth, machines from another world have taken over the earth and have begun doing experiments on humans. Most are dead.

In the game, one character, a female named Chell is a prisoner (the gamer plays her in a first person format) in an aperture lab being controlled by a mechanical female named Glados whose sarcastic comments and dry humor instructs her throughout the game. She is a large part of what makes the game so fun and interesting. Portals 2 is even more fun. It could be the game of the year.

Here is the official trailor for the first game to give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cO_DIVuSyQ

That's why when you mentioned portals, that's what I thought of. :)

Can't wait to see what happens next ( in your story).

23. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006

[hr]

[b]Chapter 5: An Extended Stay[/b]

[u]Dagobah[/u]

[b]Y[/b]oda trekked onward, using his gimer stick to knock away much foliage. A thick mist had been produced by Dagobah?s constant rain. The diminutive Jedi master had been walking about a standard hour since he chose to go around the cave.

At a smooth rock formation, Yoda stopped to sit. He grabbed a nutrient module from his backpack and began to eat. While sitting upon the rock, the Jedi master felt a great disturbance in the force. He instantly put his hand to his forehead and concentrated. There was no doubt in his mind that the dark sensation had something to do with Obi-Wan and Mustafar.

Yoda's experience in the force-induced portal had shaken him a bit. He had used force lightning against Anakin, a power usually associated with the dark side. Yoda had decided that there was no choice. Obi-Wan had spared Anakin during the bizarre vision, and the Sith had to be stopped at any cost.

Detaching a cubical artifact from his utility belt, Yoda continued to sit upon the smooth, wet rock. Not even Qui-Gon Jinn had known about Yoda's new possession. Yoda looked at the device in his hand and sighed. He wished it didn't have to be this way. Able to conquer the initial shock, Yoda now accepted the fact that he was holding a Sith holocron.

The cool mist thickened as the heavy rains picked up once more. Soon, Yoda would be at the sacred place, where he could put the holocron to good use. He had concluded that the vast knowledge offered by the Jedi Order wasn?t enough to defeat the Sith. This conclusion was due to Yoda and Qui-Gon's defeat at the hands of Darth Sidious. Now Yoda thirsted for knowledge from both the light and dark aspects of the force. Dissatisfied, he could no longer rely solely upon the light.

It bothered Yoda that in essence, Darth Sidious had been right. Seemingly, a force-user needed an all-encompassing knowledge to truly master the subtleties of the force. And that's precisely why things had been so strained between Yoda and Qui-Gon recently. Yoda had adopted many new methods rather quickly and Qui-Gon would have none of it. Of all the force-sensitive beings to be studying Sith heritage, Yoda was the last person that Qui-Gon would have chosen.

A pack of mynocks flew by as Yoda deliberated some more. Everything had changed. Yoda knew the whereabouts of only three Jedi, and this trio would have to devise a way to bring forth a new hope.

Qui-Gon and Yoda seemed to be in much disagreement about the plans. Yoda had already stated firmly that he would not start Luke?s training during adulthood. He insisted, rather, that the training should have started already, much earlier than Qui-Gon's request. And stuck in the middle of all this was Obi-Wan.

It had been a standard year since Yoda sent Obi-Wan into exile on Tatooine. However, Kenobi was now on Mustafar as Qui-Gon Jinn had ordered. Yoda felt that it was putting the three of them in danger.

Dagobah was plentiful. Yoda could now detect hundreds of jungle creatures surrounding him through the force. Again, tendrils of blue electricity cycled across Yoda's fingertips. This newfound power, which Yoda had always known how to absorb and deflect, was starting to engulf him. And at Mustafar, he had unknowingly offered the Sith more power by blasting Anakin with the force lightning.

Being bested by Darth Sidious had damaged Yoda's pride. This is why he would stop at nothing to gain more knowledge about the force. He got up from the smooth rock and continued his journey through the misty rain of the Dagobah jungle.

[hr]

[u]Mustafar[/u]

[b]T[/b]he last image Obi-Wan had seen was Yoda's head attached to the form of that dark machine? the one that had called itself Darth Vader. Then, scorching lava had erupted all around the colossal being. When the superheated magma cleared, the entity was gone. Once again, the Mustafar surroundings intermingled within the kaleidoscope of Obi-Wan's mind. As the spinning dissipated, he let out a sigh of relief. The visio

24. DarthCambius

Jul 12, 2007
    Obi Wan has to go through all of that again?

yikes

25. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    No problem. :D