main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Protector of the One (Drama/Angst/Romance) Qui-gon, Shimi, Anakin, OCs

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Raphire, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Title: Protector of the One
    Author: Raphire
    Summary: His coming changed the galaxy. Why didn?t someone stop it? The Force was strong with him. Why did he go unnoticed? His fate was set. Why didn?t someone try and change it?
    Additional Notes: I don?t own Star Wars that?s George Lucas? Surprise!

Bright, so very bright.

The child glowed with radiance when all around him was dark.

She walked among the darkness and watched as tiny pockets of light appeared.

A boy... A girl... A Jedi... A husband and wife... They stood against the darkness.

But ultimately they all failed and their lights flickered out.

The darkness was too strong and too oppressive.

She could see shapes starting to form in the dark.

An army, growing massive in number; each wearing the same face? An old man wrinkled with age upon a black throne? A towering beast of a man, breathing in the fear and chaos through a black mask?

She saw her friends fall before them like animals. She saw a twi?lek in the grasp of the man-beast and could hear her cries. They echoed in her ear, slowing joining with the roar of agony that clogged her hearing.

But the younglings? Their cries pierced her heart. She saw the one who would be the man-beast slaughtering them in their temple home.

Then she saw the child? His sister had joined him and their laughter rang throughout the dark spaces? And the darkness trembled at the sound.

She saw them teach the man-beast to love and through him the reign of the black throne crumbled.

She watched them grow and face terrible foes, overthrow the empire, and ultimately teach a new generation the powers of the Force.

She saw the love that grew between the man twin and the one sent to kill him and it warmed her heart.

She laughed when he wooed her and brought her to the light and cried as they faced yet another peril. This time from outside their galaxy.

Then everything changed.

The old man on his black throne was never killed. He ruled his empire and darkness filled the galaxy.

The man beast was gone but the younglings still were killed. The old man found a new man-beast, one without a mask and together they ruled the galaxy.

Until the outsiders came and waged war on them.

The invaders demolished the reign of the black throne and killed all in their way, enslaving everyone else.

Because this time there were no Jedi to stop them, only the old man and his two apprentices. They were crushed beneath their foes and the galaxy fell.

Because the man-beast was never born.

She saw the slave woman cry out in labor but the baby never grew. A visitor had come to the slave woman?s house and touched the child.

They reached their dark talons into the woman?s womb and silenced the child forever.

This child yet to be conceived would hold the fate of the galaxy in his hands.

It was her job to make sure he lived past conception.

Shanti?s eyes snapped open. For a moment she couldn?t figure out where she was? Who she was.

She fought to relax herself and shut her eyes again. She was in bed, at the temple. Nothing was wrong, she just needed to get herself together somehow before?

Qui-gon stirred beside her.

?Shanti? You ok??

Shanti didn?t answer, her whole body still shaking.

Qui-gon slowly sat up and flicked on the lights. He took one look at her and then pulled her into his arms.

?Tell me about it.?
    Shanti nodded and swallowed.

?I had a vision and it? It was terrible. One of the strongest ones I?ve ever had. And? There was this man; this monster. He was with the younglings and he? He??

Tears slid down her cheeks and Qui-gon held her tighter.

?It?s alright Shanti. Just take your time.?

She closed her eyes and took in his embrace, so tight and warm. He made her feel safe; secure in his arms.

?There was a kid, he is the key to overthrowing the monster?s empire and he will be born to a slave on tatooine.?

She didn?t tell him everything, didn?t tell him that the child would become the beast that slaughtered the younglings or that without him th

2. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    You've got a good start here! It's piqued my interest, anyhow. I always wondered why nobody else saw the darkness coming, with Anakin's turning. Surely the Dark Side isn't so powerful so as to obscure the entire Jedi council, right?

Keep this going and if you're running a PM list, please send me one when you update. :)

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Interesting. Dark times are coming, but a hint of light is in the distance.[face_worried]
    Please PM me.=D=

4. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Interesting. I like how you are starting this story. Will we have nice Qui-gon mush in it?

PM list please.