main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Spy Family - SiriWan AU based on J.J. Abram's Alias - Completed 3/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Toni, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    A/N Everything Galaxy Far Far Away specific is copyrighted by George Lucas. And Siri belongs to Jude Watson.

This is an AU focusing on spying in which Jedi can have attachments. Written for NaNoWriMo 2011

Those of you who know the show ?Alias? will recognize some lines and situations, especially from the episodes ?The Two? and ?There?s only one Sidney Bristow?.

I am posting this in "The Saga" as we will shortly be skipping ahead in time. Consider this the prologue. And Happy New Year everyone!

Eighteen Years before TPM

Chapter 1

?Simon Tachi, you have been found guilty of espionage against the Jedi Order.?

Simon had known this would happen one of these days, no matter how hard he tried to hide it behind Force shields. If he hadn?t been for working loyally for K-Directorate for so many years, he?d never had agreed to this in the first place. And then he?d fallen in love - or at least as close as he?d ever come to love ? with a Jedi woman. He hadn?t wanted to leave his undercover persona after that, especially when he realized that Adi wanted to be with him as well.

His greatest regret was not galactic security and any risk he?d put the Jedi in. It was that he couldn?t look his wife and daughter in the eye anymore. Adi had been so furious that she hadn?t wanted to hear an explanation. Now he was certain that she considered him the enemy for betraying her beloved Order that had taken him in. Siri was still too young to understand and only knew that her father was gone and wasn?t coming back. But they were his family, even if he hadn?t been honest with them from the very beginning.

Now that was gone, and he didn?t expect to see them ever again. Siri would grow up without him, thinking that her father was a traitor. He wasn?t sure how the other Jedi would treat his precocious, curious daughter throughout the Galaxy after this. She wanted to be a Jedi like her mother so much and Simon hoped that dream hadn?t been completely dashed by his sending information to K-Directorate.

Stars, he missed both of them already, and he hadn?t even started his sentence in galactic prison yet. This was going to be absolutely miserable.

Of course, he probably should have thought of those years before, when he?d agreed to this suicide mission. Thinking that the Jedi would be understanding when they learned about him sending information along would have been so much more naïve than Simon was capable of. But he?d practically grown up on the streets and K-Directorate had rescued him from that and trained him and given him new skills. He felt that he owed them so much for changing his life around and then giving him a family he would have never had otherwise.

But now the passion that they?d shared had given way to utter loathing. At least they were both strong feelings.

Not that he thought they would ever get back together, but it meant that perhaps they had shared something together in the past ? that their life together wasn?t a complete lie. At least he knew that his attraction to her wasn?t a complete lie ? it was by far the best part of the identity he?d been living. And it wasn?t just her looks ? it was her intelligence and passion and the way she actually didn?t seem to mind that he?d grown up on the streets. At least he?d been honest about that while pretending to be nothing more than a professor at the University of Coruscant.

Simon felt that he should say something. ?Yes, I admit I am employed by K-Directorate and have been sending them information about Order activities. I just want it known that this was just myself ? my wife was not involved.?

There, he had to get that out. He wouldn?t be able to stand it if the woman he loved, who had been thought to have a good chance of being on the Council someday, was thought to have betrayed the Jedi in any way. He had long suspected that being a Jedi was her first love, her first priority.

Well, maybe it should have been. After all, she now thought her entire marriage had been a lie. Maybe she was right about that. He certainly had never mentioned anything about K-Dir

2. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Can I just say that I am very glad to see you over here *hugs*

3. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    How very cool! A new Siriwan!! Love it! Please PM me for updates!! =D=

4. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    A/N For those of you who were concerned that this story might not get finished like so many of mine, this story is finished! I?m just uploading one chapter at a time. And can?t thank my beta LittleVampireBites enough for going on this story journey with me. Oh, and we'll be going ahead in time next chapter.

Chapter 2
    Unlike most of the five year old initiates the Jedi Council gave the puzzle test to, Siri Tachi didn?t seem that intimidated by being surrounded by the Council members. Part of this was most likely because her mother was a Jedi and had told her about many meetings she had with them and what was expected during them. But another part of it was that Siri in general rarely seemed intimidated by anything. Even though she was still young, she?d probably explored just about every corner of the Temple. Her mother would never approve, but she didn?t care.
    Or at least she didn?t care until she was caught and her mother was disappointed in her, as she knew from her voice and the way she looked at her. It was somehow worse than if she?d yelled at her, but didn?t stop Siri?s curiosity for long and she was off exploring again.

But she turned her attention to the Council and what they were saying ?Siri, we have a puzzle for you as we want to see how long it takes you to solve it. It?s the one we give to all the younglings? said Master Windu, beginning the meeting after Siri?s bow He held the puzzle out to her.

?All right,? she replied, and walked up carefully. She took the puzzle from his hand and watched it, fascinated.

?How do you play with it?? she asked when she couldn?t immediately figure it out.

?That?s for you to figure out,? he replied, almost ? but not quite ? cracking a smile.

Siri had the sense that was all she would learn and that she was being dismissed. So she bowed again and quickly left the Council chambers. She was still fascinated with the puzzle, which would clearly take some time to solve. So she didn?t give up, trying to move it this way and that.

And after a couple of hours or so of twisting the puzzle into every position she?d thought possible at first and more, she knew that she?d solved it. It certainly made a perfect picture for the first time since she?d been playing with it.
    So Siri ran into the Council chambers and held it out for the entire Jedi Council to see. She could tell that they were impressed, even though she watched carefully. She?d wondered before why the Council members seemed to show no emotion, but had never gotten an answer beyond ?The Code forbids emotion.? So she?d learned to look carefully at the eyes and the edge of the mouth as well as use her senses. She rarely thought she was wrong after the fact.
    And what she thought at this moment was that the Council was impressed with how fast she?d completed that puzzle.

?Why, some of us took longer to complete the puzzle when we were younglings,? one of the Masters said, confirming what Siri thought. ?Your own mother took longer when she was your age.?
    Siri burst into a smile, something she rarely did. She wanted to be a full Jedi Knight so badly, and this seemed to suggest that she was on the right track. She?d known that her sense ability wasn?t something that people outside the Temple had from her disappeared father, but she wasn?t sure if that would be enough. Now she had more reason to think she could be a Knight.

So Siri bowed politely, left the Council Chambers, and then let her face open into a huge grin. She knew she wouldn?t be able to talk about anything else for the rest of the day and maybe longer and knew she had to find her friends and her mother.

5. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Love seeing a very small Siri being very precocious...can't wait till she meets Obi-Wan [face_love]

And Adi Gallia is her mother? Interesting.

6. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    A:N: Please let me know if you would like to be put on the PM list for updates (-:
    ObiMom: Thank you for your review. Obi-Wan shows up in this chapter, so your wait wasn?t too long. And yes, I thought that Adi Gallia was the perfect ?Female Jack Bristow? if you know the show Alias.

7 Years Before TPM

Chapter 3

As Siri Tachi was walking towards the ship, she wondered what exactly she was supposed to say to Taly Fry that wouldn?t sound hollow. After all, he?d just been playing with making a homemade radio and had eavesdropped on whatever frequency he could find. How was he supposed to know he?d overhear bounty hunters planning an assassination? And when he went to the authorities, the bounty hunters quickly found out who had reported them. Now his parents had turned him over to the Jedi and she, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi were going to be protecting him while he was waiting to testify against the bounty hunters.

At least Taly had a father. Hers had only sent letters for almost as long as she could remember. Oh, she vaguely remembered that she?d liked playing with him and that he was as blond as she was, but that was about all she remembered from the time he?d actually been living with them. Sometimes it was hard to fathom that they?d ever been a somewhat normal family with a mom, dad, and daughter.

She?d learned why he?d disappeared years later, when her mother felt that she was old enough to understand. Siri was actually rather disgusted at the whole thing, even though she did want to get to know her own father at the same time. It was all as complicated as it sounded.

Then there was Obi-Wan. She hadn?t spoken to him much since she?d told him exactly what she?d thought of such a promising Padawan even thinking about leaving the Order. She hadn?t understood all the reasons why at the time, but she?d assumed that there was no reason good enough to completely change his life when he?d been doing so well.
    By the time she reached the ship, everyone else was already there. Taly and Qui-Gon were talking and she could sense Obi-Wan inside the ship.

?Taly Fry, meet Siri Tachi,? said Master Qui-Gon, indicating her to the skinny dark-haired boy. ?She?ll be with us while we find some place to stay until the trial starts.?

?Nice to meet you, Siri,? Taly said quickly before turning back to Qui-Gon.

?And what about afterwards?? Taly asked him. ?Do you really think the bounty hunters will get off my trail after I testify against them? I?m never going to be safe.?

This was probably true. ?He does have a point, Master Qui-Gon,? Siri said. ?Has the Order been thinking about his future??

?We?ll find a safe place for Taly,? Gui-Gon said. He then turned to Taly. ?I promise.?

The three of them walked onto the ship to join Obi-Wan. When he turned to look at her, he seemed almost embarrassed that Siri was there at all.

So he hadn?t forgotten about what they?d talked about the last time they?d met either. This could make for a long mission. Siri was starting to regret telling him how stupid he was that he could even think about leaving the Jedi.
    ?I?m glad you?re still here, Obi-Wan,? said Siri, trying to lessen the tension. He nodded and she could tell he was glad she was at least making an effort.

?Are you ready to take off?? asked Qui-Gon.

The three of them nodded, took their seats, and before they knew it, they were in space. However, they were not sure if they were being followed or not. So after they went into hyperspace, they all started talking about what their plan was and where they were going to go and what they were going to do if they got caught.

?We should fake a crash,? suggested Obi-Wan. ?Then any bounty hunters after Taly will think we?re dead or at least won?t be able to make the trial.?

?Not a bad idea,? said Gui-Gon. ?We?ll just have to find a suitable planet.?

After some time looking over start charts of the area and debating the good parts and bad parts of each, they picked one named Quadrant Seven . It was habitable, but had a low population and some caves they could stay in.

?Hang on,? s

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Nice twist on a familiar story...where is Adi? She didn't come this time?

And for she and Obi-Wan to be in love is ok in this story - no against the code or anything...nice. :)

8. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I love Alias and I love this Star Wars twist, and it being a Siriwan makes it SO much better! I would love to be on the pm list, I can't wait for more!

9. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    A/N: Sorry this is a short update, but this is all I have before we jump ahead in time again. Last one before we enter Saga timeline. Oh, and I?m going out of town for the weekend, but will update Sunday.

Obi-Mom: Unfortunately I forgot to decide who Siri?s Master is in this version. And there?s no code forbidding a relationship per se here, but there are still a lot of twists and turns to go.

LilyHobbitJedi: Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! I just find so many Siri/Sydney parallels I had to write this.

Chapter 4

Soon enough, Taly had returned with the news that he?d found many trees somewhere nearby which had managed to thrive even though the soil was poor in the mountains. Siri and Obi-Wan took off to collect some wood for the fire. This would actually be interesting as they were never able to have campfires on Coruscant. The two of them glanced at each other whenever Taly, who had insisted on coming with them, wasn?t looking.

?Have you ever done anything like this?? Siri asked Obi-Wan.

?What do you mean?? he asked. Sometimes Obi-Wan could answer a question with a question. Somehow that didn?t bother her as much now that they were ? well, whatever it was that they were.

?Having a campfire in the middle of nowhere.?

?No, actually. Has your mother or your Master ever taken you camping??

?Not at all. That?s what makes this special.?

They stopped and got back to work as Taly approached, and before they knew it, they were back at the campsite and the four of them were cooking for the first time in a while.

?How much longer do we have here?? asked Taly. He?d actually been good before that about not whining.

?Actually, we should be getting back tomorrow to start preparing your testimony,? Answered Qui-Gon.

This made Siri start to wonder what going back to normal life would be like after this mission. Would she and Ob-Wan ever want to be a couple that everyone knew about? Although she had never thought of herself as in a secret relationship, she didn?t feel ready to tell anyone yet about the two of them.

And looking at Obi-Wan, neither did he. And maybe the two of them weren?t even sure why yet, but they just wanted to keep something so special to themselves for a while.

Or maybe they thought Qui-Gon and Adi would tell them it was only a crush and not to take it too seriously. They didn?t want anyone say anything that would, so to speak, burst their bubble.

And Jedi Masters were so predictable when it came to what they would say when two teenagers announced that they?d fallen in love.

In any case, the next day they started back to the ship to find that they?d have trouble before they?d even arrived. Qui-Gon was the first to sense the bounty hunters. Soon the padawans could as well.

?I?m sure they?re waiting for us near the ship,? he told the three.

?What are we going to do?? asked Taly.

?We don?t have any other way off planet,? said Qui-Gon. ?We?ll have to fight them and then take off as quickly as we can.?

?What about using the Jedi Mind Trick?? asked Obi-Wan.

?We can try, but they could be too strong-minded,? replied Qui-Gon.

They started walking more slowly and the Jedi tried to learn what they could from what they could sense from the bounty hunters. Siri thought that if they tried as hard as they could, they might be able to get them to leave the area around the ship long enough to allow them to take off without getting shot at.

So they did, and it worked. Or at least it seemed too until they returned just as they entered the ship. Of course, they started shooting at the ship, but even blaster bullets couldn?t affect it much. Still, their take-off turned out to be a rocky as their landing had been, but at least they made it off planet with minimal damage to their ship and were soon on their way back to testify against the friends of those bounty hunters.

10. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Another great update, I'm curious to see what happens next. Thanks for the pm!

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Another good chapter with interesting twist to the original story. I can understand them wanting to keep it secret for now...masters must be much like parents...:p

12. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    A/N: Yes, I know we?re doing a lot of skipping ahead. I?ll be stopping that soon. We?re also revisiting a familiar story, but that will stop soon too. Thanks for the reviews!

8 years later

Chapter 5

As Obi-Wan and Anakin went through the ?borrowed? ship getting excited over every little detail, Siri couldn?t help but smile. This sounded like this perfect mission ? use the ship that was currently in custody, pretend to be the owners for a while, and talk someone from the Covenant on Ronin into going with them off planet so they could be extradited. How they were going to do this would be the hardest part, but for now they were going to have fun using Slam and Valadon?s things, which were very different from their own. Although this made sense, considering that Slam and Valadon were thieves who supposedly had very different personalities from Obi-Wan and Siri, it was still something to actually see in person.

Siri realized just how different the things that Slam and Valadon owned were when Obi-Wan found Valadon?s wardrobe and starting going through the clothes he found in there.

?I think you?d look good in this,? he said, handing her a miniskirt. He was attempting to keep a straight face, even when Siri rolled her eyes. She?d heard Valadon was a major flirt, and her wardrobe seemed to confirm it.

?Is there anything better in there?? she asked, trying not to sound like she was whining. She just couldn?t imagine going around Ronin wearing that and looking even somewhat comfortable.

?It?s all just as bad,? answered Obi-Wan, trying to sound apologetic. Siri knew very well that he liked the idea of seeing her in these types of clothes. She, however, was thinking Valadon was an absolute embarrassment to their gender as she went through Valadon?s wardrobe herself and confirmed that Obi-Wan was right.

Before long, though, she?d found Slam?s wardrobe. It was her turn to snort as it was, in its way, just as good for Obi-Wan as Valadon?s was for her.

?Look at this,? she called, tossing Obi-Wan a brightly colored tunic. He turned up his nose, but put it on afterwards. Trying to be a good sport, Siri put on the miniskirt and one of the matching entirely too revealing tops. And as soon as the two calmed down, which took a little longer than it should have according to the ?No emotion? Jedi ideals, they got together with Anakin to decide what they were going to do when they reached Ronin in a couple of days.

?First, we?ve got to let everyone on Ronin know the Slam gang is here,? said Siri. ?And then comes the tricky part.?

?How to get Jenna Van Arbor to agree to go on a joyride with us,? finished Obi-Wan.

?And what do we do if we meet somebody who?s met the Slams before?? asked Anakin.

?The Slams have never been to Ronin before, their reputation is just known there, so hopefully we won?t,? said Obi-Wan. ?But we?d have to make a run for it in that case. Most of the beings living there aren?t exactly supportive of the Jedi.? Which would be explained by so many being on the run from the law.

?Let?s pretend we need Van Arbor to get past some sort of biometics security scan,? Started Anakin. ?I know she?s supposed to be about the best at getting through fingerprint and retina scans.?

Obi-Wan and Siri thought that was a good idea, and they started searching the Holonet, trying to find the perfect place that used biometric scans and where the Slam gang would want to go. It didn?t take long to find a bank vault near Ronin that would only answer to the retina scan of someone who worked there or had an account there. They?d have to promise Jenna Van Arbor a piece of the profits and ask her help in overriding the scans. Hopefully they wouldn?t do anything that would make her suspicious before getting off the planet, which, as it was their first time undercover and Van Arbor didn?t exactly have a reputation for being gullible, seemed likely.

Before they knew it, they had received permission to land on a docking bay on Ronin, which never asked too many questions about business there. Not having rendition to any other pl

13. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998

Chapter 6

After spending some time going over their options, they decided that the best thing to do would be to somehow convince Zan Arbor that she was being called back to the offices of The Covenant.

?It?ll get her of this planet so that she can get arrested,? said Siri, ?But we?d need The Covenant?s password and know how they word messages if we want to be convincing.?

?Let?s take advantage of still being able to be Slam and Valadon,? said Obi-Wan. ?We can ask The Covenant for a partnership of some kind and use that to get into their offices. Then we get their password and send a message to Zan Arbor. Then we arrest her when she gets to wherever she?s supposedly going on a mission.?

It still seemed like a long shot, but Siri and Anakin agreed that it was the best chance they had at this point. And with Anakin?s skills and midicholorian count, they had a hunch that they could get the password if they were left alone near one of The Covenant?s computers. It was really a shame that they would be sure to be too strong minded to use a Jedi mind trick to make sure that happened. But they didn?t suppose an organization like the Covenant would have someone that weak minded - they appreciated having people who couldn?t be talked into going against them easily.

The three of them took their time writing the message to make sure The Covenant would be interested as well as to make sure of course that it sounded as though it actually came from the Slam gang. They then waited for a response. When none came right away, they spent time doing what they had been, although Siri was getting even more tired of having to be Valadon all the time and was starting to wonder what would happen if the Covenant didn?t get back to them. It wasn?t like they had several alternate plans in mind.
    However, they did get a cautious reply from them eventually. The message didn?t promise anything, naturally, but it was an invitation to go to their offices and talk to them at least, and if everything went well, perhaps they could work together if it was a good deal for everyone.
    They knew they would have to prepare for this. After all, they would only get one chance. So they decided to have one of their contacts get a hold of the Covenant when they were inside. Hopefully this would create enough of a distraction that they would be alone next to a computer for a minute ? as that was all the time they needed. He was just happy to have a chance to get revenge on The Covenant and liked the idea that he could play an important part in bringing it down.
    And at first, everything seemed to be just fine. Siri was nervous as they were approaching the Covenant building. Here it was, a keep cover or risk being shot at situation, and she didn?t think for a minute that they wouldn?t be at all suspicious. Even though nobody on Ronin had appeared to suspect that they were not actually the Slam Gang, this would be harder as anyone who went into Covenant buildings could obtain evidence necessary to get a warrant for their buildings.

Sure enough, the first thing they heard at the entrance was ?Please show your identification,? from the guard droid. They were able to show
    Slam and Valadon?s actual IDs, which had been confiscated by Coruscant law enforcement when they were arrested. The droid led them into a room with bars on the windows and of course, with no computer. Then they were told to wait until the Covenant representative was ready to talk to them. From what Siri could sense from Obi-Wan and Anakin, they were just as nervous as she was, and that didn?t happen easily. They had no way of knowing what was going to happen next, and in a place like this, that was rarely a good thing.
    Finally, one of the Covenant agents came in to talk to them. ?The Slam gang. I must admit the idea working with such a well-known gang of thieves is intriguing. We could use people like you. But we need more details of the plan you have ? that is, how exactly we can help each other.?

?Of course,? said Obi-Wan. ?As we explained to Jenna Zan Arbor, we?re looking for someone who can disabl

14. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Chapter 7

The three of them tried to think of a reason why the Covenant?s mysterious client couldn?t go to Ronin to meet Zan Arbor. After thinking of several ideas, they decided to explain that this was such an important client that they didn?t want him to have to travel. The Covenant was concerned that they would lose this client if they insisted that he go to Ronin. This would, of course, involve losing all the money they had invested towards Zan Arbor?s invention until they could find a new client. So would Zan Arbor be able to leave the planet just for a brief period and help her employers, without whom the invention wouldn?t be possible?

?That should do it,? said Obi-Wan after they had written it down and revised it. ?I think we?re ready to send that reply back to Zan Arbor.?

While holding her breath, Siri sent the latest message. This time, as she?d at least responded before, they weren?t as worried about her not responding again and leaving them with no idea of what she was thinking. They even took a break from being undercover as they were now some distance away from Covenant facilities. This was great as they could finally be themselves and use the computer to get caught up on some non-mission related business.

?I?m sure you?re missing being Slam,? she told Obi-Wan.

?About as much as you?re missing being Valadon,? he told her with a smirk.

But soon enough, there was a reply from Zan Arbor. They all were more nervous than they cared to admit as they checked the message. But sure enough, Zan Arbor was in fact willing to leave Ronin after all, if she could do it at this moment. She explained that this was to avoid having other spy agencies and such find out she was leaving. They replied that was fine and instantly started preparing for her arrival at the alley. Obviously things would start moving fast when Zan Arbor realized that they weren?t actually interested in buying something from her. They had to have people there to arrest her who were actually prepared to deal with her, just out of sight.

Seemingly five minutes before Zan Arbor was scheduled to arrive for the sale, they were as ready as they could be for her. There were going to be blasters pointed at her from every hidden corner while one of the agents was going to pretend to be buying from her. The three Jedi were going to be in the area in case Zan Arbor tried anything while the agents were trying to arrest her. At least they?d be able to show up with their lightsabers going momentarily if it proved necessary. And somehow the Jedi thought that it might be necessary, even though they weren?t exactly sure if she was Force-sensitive or not. She was well trained by the Covenant or someone like them at least, and she would be fighting and desperate not to get caught. There was a saying that a caged animal was just about the most dangerous thing in the Galaxy, and they hoped they hadn?t made a mistake by turning Jenna Zan Arbor into a caged animal.

As for Zan Arbor, she arrived at the alleyway right on schedule, apparently ready to sell her invention. She seemed suspicious, though, or at least moving slowly with her eyes everywhere.
    However, she at least approached the man who was posing as the buyer and started to appear to talk to him. She took the invention out of her speeder and showed it to the man who inspected it. After that he gave the motion that the team should start moving in to arrest her. They then proceeded to speak some more, but the Jedi couldn?t hear what was being said from that distance. They wished that they could so they would know exactly what was going on and just how suspicious Zan Arbor was.
    Of course, that was when events started happening more quickly than Siri could have thought possible. As the team came closer, Zan Arbor noticed one of them and started shooting. Siri tried to call Zan Arbor?s blaster to her, but had more trouble than she thought she should. Whether the difficulty was because she was nervous or because Zan Arbor was actually doing something to manipulate the Force wasn?t ever perfectly clear.

After a few

15. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I loved Alias, and I love Obi-Wan [face_love] Their kiss was very sweet and I like the twist with her parents, definitely looking forward to more!

16. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Thank you so much, and we'll be getting back to her dad now. SiriWan will be back next chapter.

Two Years Later

Chapter 8

It wasn't long after Simon Tachi was finally released from prison and rejoined his old life with K-Directorate than they were in an absolute panic. The tension was palpable from every sterile white hall, from the offices to the meeting rooms to the laboratories. Their greatest invention so far, Project Helix, had been stolen and they weren't even sure who had taken it out of their laboratory. Project Helix was a method that could turn a person into a physical likeness of another if the second person's DNA was available. All you had to do was get in a liquid made with a formula known only to the scientists there for some time. The scientists had been working on it for years and had come up with what materials were needed for this after painstaking trial and error.

Simon didn't want to think about what the results of those errors were. He hadn't asked anyone and K-Directorate about it, and they hadn't volunteered the information.

Although it hadn't been used successfully yet, everyone at K-Directorate was excited as this invention could potentially make it the most valuable spy agency in the Galaxy. After all, if their agents could impersonate others so easily, how could they be stopped? K-Directorate was concerned that their greatest weapon could now be used against them. And this was just before the scientists were sure their next test would be successful. Nobody seemed to think that timing was just a coincidence, and probably everyone working with K-Directorate, from the highest to the lowest, would be under at least some suspicion for some time.

"I've got some prints from the lab," Simon announced to the scientist at the meeting that had been called to decide what to do about this horrible development. "If he's got a criminal record, we've got our thief."

"And we'll have his head," Simon's supervisor said. "And Simon, I'd like you to be the one to do it."

"Of course," said Simon. "I'll get this back for you in no time." It was great to finally be back in action. It was like the past twenty years had never happened at all, except for the aging and horrible memories of course.

"Who would know about this to steal it? I thought this was a top secret project of ours," said one man who Simon had only recently met.

"It's supposed to be," spat out Simon's boss. "But you know how underworld rumors travel so fast."

Also, there was a lot more complaining about how lax security must be at K-Directorate and how the security would have to be enhanced. Following the brainstorming over how many alarms and biometric devices were necessary, Simon was more than ready to be out of there and find this thief of theirs. This would let him know exactly what sort of trouble they were in.

So as soon as the meeting was over, Simon ran the prints he'd found through the galactic criminal database. It was a simple entry into the computer. Before long, a match came up from the database.

What he found when the computer spit out the results was an absolute shock to his system.

It was the man who his daughter had spent the last two years tracking down. It was the type of man he'd despised for having no respect for other sentient beings and having factories that only existed to sell addictive substances. This was before the way he'd treated his Siri ? for he was still protective of her. He could only imagine what she'd been through as a part of that world, where right was wrong and wrong was right.

It was Krayn. He'd be more than happy to kill him even if it didn't mean getting Project Helix back. And he was planning on killing him before Krayn or any of his men could put Project Helix to use. He couldn't waste any time, or he was afraid of what might happen. Who knows what someone like Krayn could do with this technology? Simon didn't even wan

17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Jack Bristow was my fav :D

Great job here! An exciting new mission, and something involving Krayn. Looking forward to more Obi-Wan too!

18. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Thank you, but you might not like Obi-Wan's behavior in this chapter. Please keep reading anyway (-: you know it won't last too long.

Chapter 9

Siri could never remember being so upset as she stormed into her mother?s apartment. She didn?t understand how her mother could have failed to mention to Obi-Wan where she was when she knew Obi-Wan believed Siri had turned to the Dark Side. This secret had been kept even when Obi-Wan announced that he was engaged to someone else. This news just crushed her. After all, just about all that had gotten Siri through that hellhole of a mission was thinking that she?d come back to the Temple to find Obi-Wan waiting for her.

She also planned on telling Obi-Wan exactly what she thought of this development she had discovered on her arrival home, but that would have to come later. She could sense that her mother was home, which she rarely was, and Siri somehow felt like telling her exactly what she thought of this situation first. So she knocked on the door, not even attempting to keep her shields up when her mother answered.

?You let Obi-Wan get engaged to Rosaline.? There, Siri felt like getting to the point of why she was so upset. It wasn?t like her mother had no idea what was wrong or couldn?t have predicted this when she found out that Obi-Wan was with someone else.

Her mother did not seem to be apologetic. ?He has to make decisions about his own life.?

?Yes, but that life is- or at least was - supposed to be with me, and you know it very well.? Siri was getting more frustrated by the minute. ?You didn?t even give him all the information he needs to make his decision.? That was the heart of why she was so upset ? well, at least the part that was upset with her mother and the entre Jedi Council. Obi-Wan was another matter, but she?d have to deal with that another time.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi is just a boy who was never good enough for you anyway.?

Siri could not believe what she was hearing. That was supposed to make her feel better? ?Just because you don?t seem to want me with anyone doesn?t mean you can just ignore what we have! I was so sure we were going to get married when I returned from that mission.?

Her mother sighed. ?Honey, the Force may have other plans. But why don?t you talk to him and see what you two can do if you?re so insistent that he?s the one??

?Oh, I plan to.? Siri was absolutely seething before this point, but somehow the anger was replaced by sadness. ?It?s not just him. It?s that thinking I had him to return to helped me survive that mission.?

?And his memory still helped you do that. And I?m so grateful it did and my girl is back safe and sound.?

?I might be safe, but I?m doing horribly.?

?Siri, you?re going to have to find some way to live with yourself and be a Jedi, with or without Obi-Wan.?

?I?m really not sure how that?s going to happen right now, mom.? This was just getting to be a worse and worse conversation.

It wasn?t long afterwards that Siri left her mother?s apartment and was trying to think of what she was going to say to Obi-Wan. She thought that he might be looking for her if she didn?t find him soon, and then she wouldn?t have a choice but to talk to him.
    She didn?t want to give him the idea that she was just fine with what he had done and make him feel better about giving up on her. How could his opinion of her be so low that he would think she would turn to the Dark Side like that? And after all they?d been through together.

She?d gotten him through Qui-Gon?s death and the taking of the Chosen One as a padawan. They?d been on several missions together. And most importantly, they?d been a couple for years. And this was how the two of them were supposed to end?

Sure enough, Obi-Wan went and found her the day after she talked with her mother. He certainly did have a sympathetic look, but that didn?t help any. She didn?t want him to feel sorry for her.

She sti

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Awwwww... even Obi-Wan can make mistakes. Au contraire! I don't mind a bit of angst ;) For angst should always lead to comfort. And honestly, as long as Obi-Wan doesn't end up alone, I'm okay with any type of journey to true love [face_love] I'm not even picky who with, it's all about Obi-Wan.

But in this story, we have Siri, and I do feel bad for her. Of course, I've been through this with Alias, and I understand both of them, though if I were Siri, I would be so disappointed to feel like he lost faith as well. I can definitely see what she's going through :( Can't wait for more!

20. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    My heart broke for Siri reading this first time round and it did again! *hugs for Siri*

21. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    More is here - and thanks for understanding and Obi-Wan will definitely not be alone at the end of this story. And I'm not going to be quoting Alias nearly as much from here on out.

22. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Thanks for reading again, and Siri appreciates your hugs (-:

A/N: We?ll be getting back to Simon?s mission, I promise!

Chapter 10

It was a few months afterwards that Siri was summoned to a council meeting to prepare for a new mission. She could sense Obi-Wan and his padawan Anakin even before she entered the chambers.
    She was going on this mission with them, then. She was going to be a Jedi and survive this. She took a deep breath and walked in, trying to be as calm as possible. She bowed to the council and tried to sense as much as possible about what was to come.

?We have called you here as a decoder has been stolen from Taly Fry.? Her mother said. ?It?s valuable for breaking codes that the galactic spy agencies use. And as you and Master Kenobi have worked with him before, we?d like you two and Padawan Skywalker to work with him to find it before the wrong hands use it.?

This was going to be ? well, Siri wasn?t actually sure what this was going to be. As far as she knew, Obi-Wan and Rosaline?s engagement was still on. They hadn?t spoken since she?d told him exactly what she thought of that development.
    Still, he didn?t look nearly as cold as he had the last time they had spoken. And the feelings she?d had for him were staring to come back. He really was an attractive man, and as he spoke, she was reminded of how wonderful his voice was to listen to. That is, when he wasn?t telling her he didn?t regret moving on with his life.

?Does Taly have any idea who has taken it?? he asked.

?He saw the thief as he was escaping. He?s sure the thief would sell it to someone on the black market, but doesn?t know who in the underworld has it now.?

Siri would have to remember to ask her father about this. He seemed to know all the underworld rumors quite well for someone who was not technically a part of the underworld.

Actually, Siri hadn?t heard from him in some time. It would be good to talk to him again, although she wouldn?t admit that to any Jedi.

?And where is Taly now?? she asked. She didn?t see or sense him anywhere.

?He?s at his home on his new home planet of Cirrus. You three are to meet him there and learn what you can about how the decoder may be recovered.?

It was hard to think of Taly as an adult, living on his own. She hadn?t seen him since he was given a new identity after giving testimony about those bounty hunters. And apparently he was still the genius inventor. She was finding herself having some interest in what this decoder could do in spite of everything.

After three of them left the Council chambers, they knew they had to talk before they prepared to leave for Cirrus. Or at least two of the three did.

?We want this to be a successful mission,? said Anakin before walking off.

When they were alone, Obi-Wan looked like he was trying hard to decide how to word something. ?I?d like to think that we can work together at least, even with what?s happened.?

?I?d like to think that too. We?ve worked together so well before. I?m not quite ready to be friends yet, but I promise I won?t get in the way of us working together.? It felt so mature to say that. ?And I?m glad you feel the same way.? It felt good to be working together somehow, even if they weren?t a couple anymore.

?It?s a start,? Obi-Wan said. ?I?d hate to think you were completely out of my life when you didn?t have to be.?

?I don?t think we?ll ever be out of each other?s lives for good. It?s the Will of the Force.?
    Siri was relieved when Simon answered his comm. Now that he was out of prison and she was fairly sure that he was working for K-Directorate again, she wasn?t sure how hard it would be to get a hold of him. But there he was, his holo right there right away.

?Siri! I?m so sorry I haven?t contacted you since you came back from that mission. Congratulations! How have you been??

?I?m about to go on a mission with my ex-boyfriend that I thought you could help with.?

There was a pause. ?You ex-boyfriend? Obi-Wan? He was so go

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I really enjoyed their attempts at trying to be friendly, can't wait to see where that gets them ;) But Obi is so so charming, I can't blame her. It does seem they will be drawn together again. Love seeing them working together on an exciting mission! Good fun to read :)

24. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    Yes, they know they have to work together and will make the best of it. Gee, think it could lead to more (-:

Chapter 11

Back to Simon?s mission [But don?t worry, Siri, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Taly will be back next chapter]

Simon arrived at Krayn?s office and factory not knowing what to expect except for it supposedly being empty. He had blasters in both hands although he knew that the place had finally been shut down by the authorities. What he needed was a forwarding address, or at least a plan of where to find him. There wasn?t anything, however, except a computer that might have an address on one of the encrypted files. He took it, thinking he?d have one of K-Directorate?s droids check it later.
    He was starting to come up with a plan involving the Covenant, as he thought they just might be the type to be working with someone like Krayn. He?d have to pretend to be a member and contact Krayn, claiming he wanted to meet him somewhere. Luckily he knew enough about them from his years in the Covenant and K-Directorate to be able to convincingly pretend to be one.

All Simon needed was another comm and an explanation of why the Covenant wanted to talk to him. He decided that they were interested in more political connections and didn?t want to simply bribe. And this was where that computer could come in handy ? it might mention which political figures he?d been bribing to stay quiet about his highly illegal factory. Simon would have asked Siri, but didn?t want to have to explain the whole mission to her. She?d only either worry about him or be right down to find Simon and Krayn herself. That is, if the Jedi Council didn?t keep her busy. They usually did.

After a more thorough search and not finding anything else interesting, Simon went back to his ship with the computer. His droid was able to find a list of connections. Now the next step was to convince the Covenant to buy this list from him in return for the knowledge of where Krayn and Project Helix were.

As it turned out, they needed a lot of convincing. The Covenant wasn?t particularly interested in working with the Covenant, although Simon knew that they certainly would be interested in a list of politicians. Using that was the only way he would get through with them and make a deal that both of them would like. He had to offer to go on a mission for them and pay them more credits than what he thought reasonable to get them to take the list and tell them where Krayn was. Simon was hoping his boss at K-Directorate wouldn?t be too angry he?d had to offer to work for the enemy to get this deal. He promised himself this would be a onetime event and he was especially desperate.

When he reached the Covenant offices, he felt like a prisoner from the moment they got there. Not only did he have to show ID, there were metal detectors and he knew he wouldn?t be let out of sight for a moment. He didn?t know how Siri and Obi-Wan had been left alone with a computer the last time they were there.

Still, it was worth it when the head of the Covenant came in and Simon realized that he was happy with this deal. He didn?t seem to mind giving up an underworlder?s location if he was well compensated for it. And Simon could tell that he was excited about getting this list, although he tried not to show him that. So they were willing to work together after all, even though they could be rivals much of the time. After all, those with a common enemy can often work together even if they don?t have much in common or don?t like each other very much.

?I?m glad that the Covenant and K-Directorate can work together occasionally if it can get us both what we want,? he was saying. ?And as we both officially want underworlders to be put away, I can tell you that Krayn is on Ron

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ok, had a few minutes and read up to chapter eight. This is the first time I've seen an AU of the Slam and Valadon episodes from the book. And the first time I've seen Jenna Van Arbor in FF. Interesting version you wrote there.

Glad they were able to capture her finally - If I remember right, that didn't happen in the original book.

Will read more later, but enjoying it! :)