main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Feelings of the Force ---- FINALLLY UPDATED 1/24/2002!!!!!1 First POST OF NEW YEAR!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rennati, Jul 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rennati

Rennati Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2001
    Okay, here it is, the final episode of Obi-Wan and Trinity... This takes place 5 years after A Torrid Affair, and the afternoon before The Phantom Menace starts...

:) :)

Spoiler Alert: There are major spoilers to Darth Maul Shadow Hunter by Michael Reaves in this segment. I have worked the ending to Shadow Hunter into the beginning of this story for consistency. Some is taken directly from the original text. Course, some has been slightly manipulated for my own needs.

Feelings of the Force

Part One

The large planes of plasteele framed a large, darkening Coruscant. The flitter and glitter of the cityscape sparkling like a bizarre jewel. Transports zoomed by, some closer than necessary to the building, but not much could be done about that. After all, the grandness of the Jedi Temple attracted a plethora of tourists, who would have given at least one appendage to be where Trinity Salka stood right now.

She continued watching out the windows, resisting the urge to open them, knowing that the owners of the apartment would be there shortly. It didn't bother her to be kept waiting, after all, matters of the Force took precedence over public interviews. Trinity had learned this very well.

She turned and seated herself on the large couch in the room, pulling a compact from her bag. She opened it long enough to make sure that she still had somewhat of an appearance left. She adjusted her makeup carefully, and began combing her long auburn hair with her fingers.

?Primping for me, Trinity?" The deep voice of Qui-Gon Jinn echoed suddenly in the small domicile. He stood before her, his hair pulled back away from his strong face. His warm eyes glittered with their usual exuberance, and he smiled at her, stretching his beard along his jaw line, framing his face.

She spun around. "Absolutely, Master Jinn," she said, beaming at him. "You almost had me convinced that you had forgotten about me," she winked at him.

"Of course I hadn't forgotten," he said, taking a seat across from her. His large size seemed to almost push the chair to its tolerance limits. "We have been busy around here," he crossed his legs. "Things are getting more and more out of control with the Trade Federation. Our intervention is becoming inevitable."

"I understand. Where is Obi-Wan?"

"You can't spend an evening with me and me alone, Miss Trinity?" Qui-Gon asked, his face serious, but his eyes filled with a mischievous twinkle of flirtation.

Trinity broke out in laughter. "Of course I can, Master Jinn," a wicked smile spread across her face, "Or should I call you 'Quiggy, the dominant Master?'" she used her most sultry voice, leaning toward him as sensually as she could.

He paused for a moment, not commenting. Then his own eyes began to twinkle just a bit as he leaned toward her. "If I told you those things, my dear Trinity, I would expect them to be used in the most appropriate context," he replied, his face serious.

She playfully arched her eyebrow. ?You must have had play names from your lovers,? she teased.

?That is privileged information, Trinity Salka. As I said, I would expect that information to be used in certain context. Special context,? His eyebrow arched, his face looking more that just casually flirtatious.

Trinity leaned back into her chair, eyeing the Jedi Master. <This is something new,> she thought to herself. <Is he really willing to push this? I bet he can?t go the distance. He?ll buckle before I do.> ?And what context would that be?? Trinity batted her eyes at him.

He stood and in one step was before her. His long robes surrounded her as he put his hands down on the arms of her chair, trapping her in the chair. His face loomed just a few centimeters from hers. ?You know the answer to that,? he whispered hoarsely.

Trinity sunk back deeper into the chair, backing away from him as much as she could. <Oh stars! He looks serious! Oh, what am I doing? Oh ka?la! Oh ka?la! Oh ka?la!> She tried lifting her leg to push

2. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Oohhhhhh boy!!!! YOu've got to post again really really soon!!

3. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Oh! How I love these stories. I love it! [face_love] You have to post soon! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great Start Rennati!!!!!

4. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    I agree is Trinity pregant?

5. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I know why Trinity feels like she is sick.... hehehehe [face_devil]

6. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it!

JediKnight-Obi-Wan -- Promise, a post will come very, very soon!

ThatJediGirl -- You are so kind!!!

Cheryl-Kenobi -- Pregnant???? Man, that's a thought that never would have occured to me! Course, it does sound like that, doesn't it??? Maybe she is.... You just don't know do you??? Heee hee heee heee..

:D :D ;)

Later
    Rennati

7. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    How soon is soon?

8. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Soon!!!!!~!

9. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
  10. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I hope so!

11. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Okay, is this soon enough for you all??? :)

Here you go... read and enjoy! I'm gonna go in and instead of using <> for internal thoughts, I'll use italics, kay?

?Really, Obi, you don?t have to take me all the way home.? Trinity said to Obi-Wan as they reached the level where Trinity?s apartment was, deep in the belly of the Temple.

?I received an order from my Master. I cannot disobey.? He smiled at her, even though his eyes looked tired and weary. ?Are you feeling a bit better??

?A little,? she said, lying again.

?You?re lying. I can tell,? he said.

Trinity studied him as she leaned into his arm for support. It had been quite a while since she spent any real time with him, at least not since he and Master Jinn had been off on so many missions in the last four years. Obi had never really told her why all of a sudden they started heading off on all these missions, and she wasn?t sure if she wanted to know. But, just in the recent developments in the last few years with the Trade Federation and the Free Trade Zones becoming more and more volatile, Trinity did understand the need for the Jedi, including Obi and Qui to be off on a lot of missions. Still, in this case, he looked more concerned than he had ever been for any trip. ?What is the matter, Obi??

?With what happened in the Crimson Corridor, and now this trip, I am nervous.?

?Is that where you?ve been? The Crimson Corridor??

?Yes, I went there to find Darsha and Master Bondara.?

?They both will be missed,? Trinity said softly. ?If the Council will allow it, I would like a copy of your report.?

?I will ask them,? he said softly.

Trinity looked him up and down. He had grown up so completely before her eyes over the years. There were days when he still looked and acted like a twelve-year-old. Looking at him now, though, she could really see how much he had grown into a man. He had become quite mature, his once young and clumsy body now fully developed and strong. There were times, briefly, in her years of knowing him, that she had longed to be his age and be with him. He cared so deeply for her, she could feel his strong feelings even from a distance.

But most of the time, she did not allow herself the luxury of the fantasy. On occasion, when she wasn?t herself, the thought of being with him crept into her psyche, the complete perfection of the relationship. They had such a deep standing friendship, such a strong compassion for one another, they might as well have been lovers for years. But she wouldn?t have that. She could never be with someone so young. She didn?t feel right about being with someone eight years her junior, in the prime of his youth, while she, in her early thirties, was beyond such youthful lusts. But, he did have his charm, and at that moment, in muted lighting of the corridor, he looked more handsome than any man she knew.

?Did I ever tell you how handsome you are?? Trinity asked, changing the subject. Her voice was sincere, probably more sincere than she had ever been with him. She could feel his emotions swirling around inside. Or were those her own? She didn?t know.

Obi-Wan bowed his head, blushing a little. ?No, you haven?t.?

?You truly are handsome.? Trinity said. She felt a slight surge in the pit of her stomach, like butterflies. She grinned to herself. Her mind began to wander for a moment, considering what she could do to his firm body. Get a grip, Trin, he?s too young for you. The Force radiated through her mind, or was it her own conscious? Again, she was at a loss of where she received this insight.

I am most flattered, Obi?s thoughts blasted into her mind.

Knock that off! She retorted

Obi smiled at her. ?Well, you are still as beautiful as when we first met,? Obi said softly, staring into her eyes.

Trinity felt for a brief moment Obi-Wan?s mind. His thoughts in the instant bombarded her, and she felt a surge of passion that most Padawans normally didn?t have. In th

12. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    I think you're fighting a loosing battle Trin!

Great post Rennati! I hope there is more VERY soon. :D

13. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    That was so so so, touching! I feel all happy now. This story is so good. I loved that whole last post. I hope you post lots and lots and I wish I was Trinity and lots and I love this story and lots and lots more! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

14. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    that was sad they are so in love with each other but now I know she is not pregnant

15. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    This is one of the most saddest/happiest/ most touching stories ever [face_love]

16. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Okay, here's the next part, Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments!

This next post is kinda short, but I have to go to work soon... So, hopefully this will hold you over until after I get back.

Later
    Rennati

Trinity came home after ten long days at work. She had decided at the last minute to hold Qui-Gon?s interview off for next month. She had made a large and special memorial to Master Anoon Bondara and Padawan Darsha Assant for the weekend edition, including portions of an interview she had done with Master Bondara a year ago. Also, she?d used an interview with Master Evin Piell she had done a couple of weeks ago. The interview had been put on the shelf because of some technical difficulties in the holo, but she?d spent the week getting it adjusted, and even re-interviewed Master Piell for a few extra things.

She couldn?t explain her desire to hold off on the interview with Qui-Gon, except that she needed to do it.

She slumped into a chair in her apartment. She looked around, she really hadn?t been home for a couple of days except to sleep. And even then, she had slept at her office at the Coruscant Word more than she had at home. Something that she did when time was of the essence.

Her large apartment had two couches across from each other in the main living area, and chairs on each end, creating a boxed-in effect.

Perfect for interviews, she thought. Too bad no one knows I?m down here.

Silver metal tables floating on repulsorlifts sat in each corner, and a center table floated in the middle of the arrangement with some of her favorite holos on it as centerpieces. Each table was covered with holos, and she had more holos on the walls, projecting out from their displays. On the wall next to the front door sat her media center display and the central brain of her apartment. The media display sat nearly a meter tall and one and a half-meter wide. Its depth was only a few centimeters, and she kept images on it like fields of flowers or nebulas or some other esthetically pleasing image. Today, it remained dark and black. She couldn?t bring herself to put anything up on it. The darkness seemed appropriate, somehow.

Trinity glanced at the couch where she and Obi had shared their thoughts. She had not wanted to think about what all had been revealed. What she learned about him. And, most of all, how obvious the answers were.

I am such a fool! He?s been in love with me for years! How foolish am I? How could I have never seen it? Instantly, her mind ran through all the instances she could think of where Obi-Wan had been on the verge of telling her something, when he had looked at her with the eyes of a lover. At the time, she had never put much stock into it, never really paid much mind. Now, though, everything made complete sense.

When he went to Alderaan? she thought back. I was with Brine then. Trinity slapped herself upside the head. He was in love with me then! He just didn?t want to tell me because of Brine!

Her mind flickered back to before he left for Naboo and what she felt when she probed Obi-Wan?s mind. She didn?t understand all that she felt. No, that was wrong, she did understand it, she just couldn?t believe it.

How could he feel that way about me? He couldn?t. I?m so old, he?s so young; he could have any woman in the galaxy. Why would he even consider me? She glanced at her reflection in the media center screen. She looked old. She felt her thirty-three years. How could any young man want to be with her? It made no logical sense.

Not that love ever made sense.

Did I just think that? Love? Am I in love with him? She shook her head. No, it wasn?t possible. She glanced at her reflection again. She pulled the pendant that he?d given her years ago out from its hiding spot under her clothes. She ran her fingers around the edges, feeling the points and the stone in the middle. He had given that to her right

17. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Ooooooh- he is coming to her room again. Hehehe [face_love] Great Post Rennati :)

18. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Eeeek! Now I can't wait for the next post :D

19. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I hope Rennati doesn't have to work that long today.

20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    I hope not either...today is my first day off from work since I started last week so I'm here to read if she posts!

21. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    :D Tee hee hee......... :D

You all are so funny! I wish I could have had the day off...

Sorry to keep you all in suspense, but I work 10 hour days... :(

Anyway, I should have the next post up very soon, I have to go take care of some things, but I will have the next one up soon,

And by soon I mean tonight! Promise!

By the way, I don't think I mentioned this, but this version of Feelings of the Force is completely different from the one up on my website.. :) :) So if you have read that one, you're not getting the whole story! ;)

Later,
    Rennati

22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Awwwesome. I can't wait for the next post then. :D

23. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I read feelings of the force at ff.net, but I skipped the graphic parts when they came, and it was pretty good, but I hadn't read all of the ending. One of my favorite scenes in the other version of this story was at the party for her work when the two danced.

It's 10:45pm here and I am writing this off line because my mother needed the phone and I have been offline for like a 1/2 so I could post this as soon as I got back on.

TJG

24. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    TJG -- took out the whole dance sequence, for timeline reasons, but hey, I may use some of it later.. who knows. this is a work in progress...

Okay, here's the next installment of Feelings......

It gets a bit more serious here, including a bit r - o - m - a - n - t - i - c ... enjoy.

Inside of fifteen minutes, Obi-Wan Kenobi pressed his hand against the door panel to Trinity?s home. He smiled, knowing that she had coded him into her apartment years ago, just in case, as she had told him. In case of what, he didn't know, but he felt good knowing that he was the only other person in the galaxy that could get into her apartment any time he wanted to.

The door swooshed open, and Obi-Wan stepped inside. He didn?t see Trinity anywhere, but he could hear her in one of the back bedrooms. He walked into the room, seeing her bent over a bed, changing the coverings. He stared at her form for a moment, admiring her smooth, curvy lines. He resisted every urge in his being to run to her and pull her to him. He had not been able to get her out of his mind since he left. She stayed in his thoughts, behind his eyelids when he closed them, in his soul, even during the more difficult moments of the mission thus far. Still, he had made himself a promise. He would not say anything to her unless she spoke about the other night first. He did not want to make her uncomfortable.

?Welcome home,? she said as he stepped further into the room. ?Grab that corner over there, would you??

He did as he was told, pulling the fabric taunt, and tucking it in. She instructed him through the Force with images of what to do. They worked in silence, adjusting the bed. Trinity scooped up the dirty linens and placed them in the cleaning unit on the wall and they headed back into the living area.

She didn?t speak at first, afraid of bringing up the other night. She didn?t want to make him uncomfortable. And, she didn?t want to be uncomfortable, either.

Obi-Wan broke the silence. ?I am glad to see that you are feeling better,? he said softly. ?I was worried about you.?

?I?m better.? She said. ?You both are back. I?m better now.? She smiled at him.

He reached out and tentatively touched her shoulder. ?I have missed you,? he said, almost a low whisper.

She reached up and touched his hand. ?I have missed you too,? she replied. Her fingers almost automatically laced through his, and they stood there for a few minutes, in this bizarre kind of embrace, only their hands, but it felt as if the whole world had opened up to them. Their touch brought them together in a most unique and special way. They didn?t have to speak to each other, they just connected. Neither one even had to look at the other. They just felt. And they both reveled in it.

Slowly, Obi-Wan let go of her hand. He turned to look at her, his eyes revealed his angst. ?I want to talk to you.? His eyes darkened, and he dropped his pleasant façade. He walked over to one of the couches and seated himself, shaking his head, his mind wrapped up in his own thoughts.

?Talk.? Trinity sat back down on her couch.

?I do not know what to do about Master Jinn. He is being so irrational,? his voice raising, and he paced wildly around the room.

?What?s going on?? Trinity watched his abnormal behavior. Never had she seen him so upset about anything. Nothing ever shook him this deeply.

?He found this boy on Tatooine, and he is convinced that this child is the Chosen One.?

?The Chosen One, you mean, The Chosen One??? The one from the prophecy??

?You know about the prophecy?.? Obi-Wan looked at her, confusion replacing the agitation, but only for a moment.

?I?m a scribe. I?m nosey.? Trinity smiled at him.

Obi-Wan shook his head and stood up, pacing around the living space. He sent the center table gently spinning with his pacing, it keeping time with his wild steps. His hands flew madly about him, like he wanted to hit something. ?The boy is dangerous. He is not fit to b

25. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Awww. Those two are just TOOO cute.

I read a little bit of the other Feelings of The Force as well. I just have to say, PLEASE don't do to Trinity in this version what you did to her in the other!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.