main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mixed Up dimensions(JA) New chapter up!!! 3rd post for 8/14!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Padme_the_Angel, Aug 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padme_the_Angel

Padme_the_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2001
    My first Star Wars fic, its not very good, and it kind of short so far, but please read anyway.

Title: Mixed Up Dimensions
    Author: Me!
    Summary: Adi, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Siri get caught in a dimension warp, and have to pose as Americans while waiting for the council to rescue them.

Mixed Up Dimensions

Siri put her hands on her hips impatiently, and asked Qui-Gon, ?Are we almost there yet??

She was not pleased with the reply, ?Another 45 minutes.?

?Be patient,? Siri?s Master, Adi Gallia told her sternly.

The girl dropped down next to Obi-Wan, who was just as bored as she was, but didn?t advertise it.

Suddenly, the starship started to slow, down, spinning in place, as Qui-Gon and Adi tried to get it to start working again, with their Padawans staring over their shoulders.

Qui-Gon frowned, ?I didn?t sense anything, did anyone else??

Obi-Wan scanned the control panels, ?Is something wrong with the ship, or is it something outside??

Adi squinted, ?The ship seems to be okay, and if we didn?t sense anything, there shouldn?t be anything wrong outside.?

Siri groaned, ?How much time is this going to add on to those 45 minutes??

Obi-Wan glared at her, ?Would you stop worrying about the time, and start worrying about our lives??

Siri was angered by this, ?Thinking about the time is much more pleasant than thinking about death!?

Qui-Gon sighed, ?Would you two please stop fighting, and start helping??

Before anyone else could say anything, the ship started to spin in circles, gradually getting faster.

?What?s going on?!? Obi-Wan shouted.

?Tornado?? Siri suggested dizzily.

?I doubt there would be a tornado out here,? Adi shouted back.

?Its strange that we didn?t sense anything,? Qui-Gon yelled.

Whoever was going to say something next was cut off by the loud noise of thewhatever it was.

2. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jedi_Knight_Jena Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2001
    Don't be so hard on yourself, I think this will make a great story. You got a very good start here.

Can't wait to see what's next, please post. :cool:

3. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Hey, you have another reader! Great Start!!

Post Soon :)

4. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    Hey I want to read :)

5. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    This looks interesting...

Post more soon!!!

6. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Great start. Keep it up. :)

7. Padme_the_Angel

Jul 18, 2001
    Thanks to everyone who reviewed! I'm probably going to make another post today.

Obi-Wan groaned, rubbed his eyes and blinked. He was lying on the ground in some kind of a park. A small crowd of people were gathered around him. ?I?m ok,? he said dizzily, standing up and wondering where the others were. ?And I?m not a little boy.?

He stood up and ran off to find Siri, Qui-Gon, and Adi, although the people who had crowded around him were calling after him, saying he should get to a doctor. Once he was out of their view, he realized what he was wearing; blue jeans, sneakers, and a blue shirt. ?Where am I, why am I wearing this, and where are the others?? he asked himself in frustration.

Obi-Wan sat down on a bench, frustrated. After looking around for a while, he had started to give up hope that he would ever find the others.

He didn?t notice the blond girl sitting next to him, wearing a jean skirt, and a pink shirt that said ?Angel?, until the girl jumped up and shouted ?Obi-Wan! Where are Adi, and Qui-Gon, do you know where we are??

Obi-Wan looked at the girl in shock, ?Siri? I never thought that you would where an outfit like that.?

?There are more important things to worry about! Where are they?!? Siri shouted, annoyed.

?Calm down, we?ll find them. Eventually. I hope.?

?Then let?s start looking!? the girl shouted, jumping up and grabbing Obi-Wan by the wrist, pulling him up.

Obi-Wan winced with pain as she grabbed him. For a 12-year-old-girl, Siri was pretty strong, and probably capable of dragging him through the park, although it would be much less painful if Obi-Wan willingly followed her.

A few minutes later, the two padawans caught sight of their masters heading towards them. After discussing what they?d seen they put to gether this much information:

They were on a planet called Earth, in the Milky Way galaxy.
    They were in a country called the United States.
    The outfits they were wearing were common in the United States.(Siri was upset that she had to wear a skirt, because Adi got to wear jeans).

8. Padme_the_Angel

Jul 18, 2001
    I'm not sure what state this should take place in. Any ideas?

9. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    probably the best guess is like California or New York or something like that. No I don't live in those States.

GREAT POST

10. Padme_the_Angel

Jul 18, 2001
  11. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Great post!

Going along with Cheryl_Kenobi, I think New York would be cool (biased favoritism :D), but California might work better, depending on where you're going with the story...

12. Padme_the_Angel

Jul 18, 2001
    I know this is very short, but I'm going to post later today. Sorry about the last chapter, it was really horrible.

Qui-Gon reached for the Republic Credits that he was carrying, ?I wonder if Credits are accepted- wait a minute!!!! What happened to the Credits?! They look like green paper with numbers on them, and coins!!!?

?I guess that?s the money used here,? Adi said with a shrug.

?If we?re stranded here, at least we have money,? Siri added.

?I think credits look neater,? Obi-Wan added unnecessarily.

Before anyone else could say anything, a man walked up to Obi-Wan and said, ?Are you feeling better, little boy??

Obi-Wan turned red as everyone turned and looked at him expectantly. ?I?m fine,? he mumbled.

?I?m not even going to ask,? Qui-Gon said with raised eyebrows.

?I will,? Siri said with false innocence. As Adi shot her a look, she rephrased that. ?I?ll ask later.?

Adi nodded, ?Right now, lets get something to eat first.?

They went into the nearest restaurant and saw a counter with people lined up near it and tables. They got in line and read the menu.

Qui-Gon read it out loud, ?What are these things? I?ve never heard of a hamburger, a McFlurry, or chicken nuggets.?

?Next!? they were up next to order.

?Only one way to find out,? Obi-Wan mumbled to the rest.

Five minutes later, they were seated at a table. Qui-Gon was eating a Mighty Kids meal, much to the surprise of the person who waited on them. Adi was eating a fish sandwich, Obi-Wan was eating a cheeseburger, and Siri was eating a McFlurry (Adi commented, ?That doesn?t look too healthy.? Siri?s reply? ?I don?t care? ).

Can anyone guess where they went to eat?

13. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Nothing says Earth food like McDonalds... :D

Good post, up!!!

14. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Oh my my my my! McDonalds- lol!

15. Padme_the_Angel

Jul 18, 2001
    Thanls for replying! Sorry there was no post yesterday, but I had to go canoeing. And yes it was McDonalds. Sorry if this is short, but I have to go swimming.

?I think we should find a hotel of some sort. Who knows how long we?ll be stuck here. We should also probably buy some clothes so that we fit in,? Qui-gon told Adi, Obi-Wan, and Siri.

?I?ll go into that store over there and ask someone where the nearest hotel is,? Adi said thoughtfully, pointing to a small café labeled ?Starbucks? in green.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan choked on the horrible tasting brown liquid called coffee. Next to him, Siri was turning as green as the Starbucks sign.

?How do you drink this stuff?? she faintly asked Adi and Qui-Gon, who seemed to be the only ones who liked the coffee.

The two shrugged, ?Maybe it?s a little strong for your taste buds.?

?A little!? the two apprentices shouted.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~

That night, in Adi and Siri?s hotel room, Obi-Wan and Siri sat on Siri?s bed, while Adi and Qui-Gon sat on Adi?s bed.

?Have you been able to contact the Jedi council yet?? Obi-Wan asked.

?I?m afraid not,? Adi replied. ?But it shouldn?t take them long to realize that we disappeared.?

Siri frowned, ?But they could get stuck here too. And I can?t imagine Yoda wearing jeans and a t-shirt.?

Adi raised her eyebrows at this, while Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan stifled their laughter.

?We?ll work more on this tommorrow,? Qui-Gon said. The others nodded, and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan went to their own room.

16. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Funny! LOL! I love it!

17. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    This is a very cute story, Padme!!! Looking forward to more! :)

18. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Very funny!!! :D

Post more soon!!!

19. Padme_the_Angel

Jul 18, 2001
    How is this one? Thank you
    for replying! :)

?I? can?t believe they actually like that stuff,? Obi-Wan whispered to Siri.

Siri nodded, and whispered back, ?I think its really, really gross.?

?I heard that,? Adi said, raising her eyebrows at her apprentice.

?It?s the truth!? Siri protested.

Qui-Gon looked at Obi-Wan and told him, ?Somehow, I think you said something very, very similar to what Siri said.?

Obi-Wan just widened his eyes innocently.
    ~*~*~*~*~

15 minutes later, the group was sitting at a table in Starbucks. While The two Jedi masters had chosen to have coffee, their apprentices opted for hot chocolate, which they agreed was much better than coffee.

?I think we?d better find some jeans for Yoda, if he gets stuck here, it?ll be hard to find some jeans his size,? Obi-Wan declared. Once again, Qui-Gon gave a him a look that clearly said ?be respectful?.

Siri missed this look and decided to add her own input, ?I don?t think he?d fit in. I haven?t seen anyone who looks like him. So we?d better find him a disguise. I hope the rescue team is only humans, that would be much easier. ? This comment earned her the same look Obi-Wan had gotten, only from Adi.
    ~*~*~*~*~

Once they were finished, they left the café. On the way out, they were stopped by a guy holding a microphone, surrounded by other people carrying similar equipment.

?Pick a ball, any ball,? he said, ?a winning ball could earn you tickets.?

Sirir and Obi-Wan each grabbed a ball. Siri?s said ?canoe trip? and Obi-Wan?s said ?Yankees?.

?We have winners!? the ticket guy shouted into his microphone. His assistants handed Siri and Obi-Wan each a packet, before stopping someone else.

The group sat down a few feet away and opened the packets. In Obi-Wan?s, there were tickets to something called a baseball game, along with tons of other info, and in Siri?s there was the same stuff, only it was called canoeing.

They realized that that day they had to go canoeing, and that night they had to go to a baseball game. They also realized that they would have to rent a form of transportation called a car.

20. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    This is getting interesting, and still very funny!

21. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Yoda in Jeans, why is that image so funny?

Bring on the Obi torture!!!

Great story!!!!

22. Padme_the_Angel

Jul 18, 2001
    2nd post of the day! I couldn't stop writing! No Obi torture yet, but I have something planned for the canoe ride.

P_stotts: Thanks, my sister thinks so too!

Sci Fi: I think so too. Maybe I'll add that in later.................

Qui-Gon strapped himself into the driver?s seat of a bright red convertible. Adi was next to him, Siri was behind him and Obi-Wan was behind Adi. ?Let?s go canoeing!? he told the others cheerfully.

?Um, aren?t you forgetting something?? Siri asked him.

?Like what??

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, ?Like you don?t know how to drive.?

?Well, we can use mind tricks to keep out of trouble, but we?d better strap up tight,? Adi said, slightly worried.

Qui-Gon looked at them, ?Well it can?t be that hard.?

Siri cocked her head thoughtfully, ?If you can?t drive, can I try??

?NO!!!!?

The girl threw her hands up in alarm, ?Ok, Ok, don?t bite my head off.?

Obi-Wan stifled his laughter, but Siri glared at him anyway. Once again, he widened his eyes in an attempt to seem innocent, only accomplishing looking more guilty.

?Let?s get the show on the road!? Qui-Gon shouted. He turned the ignition, and the car took off at 75mph.

Siri screamed in shock, and closed her eyes. When she opened them a few minutes later, Adi was giving directions to Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan was laughing at her, and the car was speeding towards an intersection. And another car. ?Watch out!? she shouted. But it was too late. They crashed into the other car. Qui-Gon kept driving, sending the other car spinning. As they passed the intersection, 3 police cars came chasing after them.

Obi-Wan also saw this. ?Um, Master, we?re being chased. And you might have injured someone in that car that we crashed into a few minutes ago.?

?I?ve got it all under control,? his master said. ?We?ll out run them in no time.?

Siri groaned and closed her eyes. It was going to be a long, well at the speed they were going not too long, and VERY wild ride.

23. Padme_the_Angel

Jul 18, 2001
    anyone there?

24. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Hilarious!

25. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    LOL!!! Qui-Gon feels the need for speed!!! :D