main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Tired Eyes (JA, minor angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Aug 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    TITLE: Tired Eyes
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: G
    SUMMARY: 6 years Pre-TPM. Qui-Gon POV. A master reflects during a flight home.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

===========
    Tired Eyes
    ===========

His eyes show the strain and exhaustion of the last few months. Mission after mission. Mediation after mediation. Sleepless night after sleepless night. The bloodshot eyes of my brave apprentice tell the story of our recent journey's.

Now on our way home, we have been promised a reprieve. I will speak with the Council and request that our downtime be granted immediately.

He insisted on piloting us home, ordering me to rest. I argued with him briefly, until my body gave out. I rest here on the couch, lying quietly and keeping watch on my padawan. Every so often his head nods forward and he catches himself. Soon, he will no longer be able to fight the inevitable.

In the past four months we have traveled into the far reaches of the galaxy. From Denra to Nalus. I believe it to be more than ten missions during this time. Some simple, others requiring everything we had to give. My student is becoming a fine Jedi. There is still much more to teach him, but at the young age of nineteen, Obi-Wan has shown more courage and ability than any student in memory. I am proud to lead him on his journey to Knighthood.

Fingers working the keypad controls, I observe him setting the automatic pilot. His pride prevents him from admitting his fatigue. But I can feel his thoughts. He fears that I will think less of him if he gives in. Yet his mind and body can go no longer. Neither of us has slept in three days, yet somehow we are still able to push ourselves.

Now, however, the weariness is everywhere. Resistance is no longer an option. He turns to look at me, and his tired eyes beg for comfort. A silent request for relief.

I offer him a weak smile, pick myself up, and stand at his side.

"I've set a course for Coruscant master. We should arrive in several hours." His voice is worn.

Placing a hand on his shoulder, I give a reaffirming squeeze. "You've done well my padawan. I am very proud of you. You have performed beyond expectations. Now you must rest."

He blushes slightly at my words and gives a small bow. "Thank you master."

The eyes tell the tale of these latest missions. Never have I seen my young student so in need of time away from the stressful Jedi life. Perhaps we will take a vacation off-planet. Time away for the two of us. Time to share in the company of the other. Time to talk. Time to enjoy life once again. It's been so long since we've had that chance to relax and to bond as master and padawan. We will take advantage of the time that awaits.

Our course set for home, I accompany my apprentice to the small room at the end of the hall. He offers no protest as I sit him down, pull his boots off and tuck him under the blanket.

His weary blue/green eyes find mine before he drifts off. "So tired master." With a gentle hand to his forehead, I encourage his mind and body into the unconscious world that beckons.

"Rest my Obi-Wan. Close your tired eyes, find peace in the Force." Within minutes he is snoring quietly.

As I turn to take my leave, I pause for a moment. I am content to watch my padawan sleep.

A strange feeling comes over me at times like these. A parental feeling. This boy is my student, and my closest friend. He is for all intensive purposes, my son. I cannot deny how much he means to me at this point in my life.

I wonder what he feels. My impatient and stubborn apprentice.

My ow

2. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Love it! Very sweet, OTK!

3. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    LOVE IT!

Minor Angst? I don't argee....

That was so so so so touching.

One thing.... SEQUEL!

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Sorry guys...no sequel!!! I have sequels to other stories planned though! Thanks for the comments!

5. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw

6. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I loved it.

7. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Oh just beautiful Obi the Kid! Wonderful! And yeah, minor angst? jeez, hate to see what you call full-force, both barrels loaded angst!

Great story, hope you have LOTS more to share! Here's an Obi-bear and a Rob Thomas pillowcase for your troubles!

8. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Oooooh, I like it very much. Very descriptive. I hope you write other stories soon.

9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Just what I needed to read this morning! Something to make me smile! Thanks guys for the great comments. Uh..Lina? I might take you up on that...hehehe! Gimme that pillowcase!!!! :)

10. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Oh that was so sweet. I tell you Obi the Kid you write stories with such emotion. I am awe stricken.

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks P3! I have more to come!!!!

12. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    a plesent little blip. more planned? cool! can't wait were is it? pleeeeeasse!

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Patience Kaylla!!! :) Well, more stories planned...but nothing more for this story. I have a few stories to edit before I post.

THANKS!~

14. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    That was so sweet. I can't wait to read those other stories that you mentioned!

15. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    *puts the Obi-Bear in the Rob Thomas pillowcase and shakes it a little*

Heeeeeeeere Obi the Kid Story, story, story, story! Heeeeeeere Obi the Kid Story, story, story!!

16. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Very nice.

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks greecat! Now Lina...as for you...gimme that pillow case!!!! You should share those things. BAD LINA!! Teasing me like that...Poor Rob. Being flattened out on a pillow case like that. :)

18. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    I will also add that I have seen (please note that I say "seen" not "have") Rob Thomas Magnets, Rob Thomas Alarm Clocks, and Rob Thomas Aprons (I kid you not)

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    HAHAH! I hope it's a good pic of him, because he can be a scary looking guy sometimes!!!! Alarm clock? heheehe

20. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Imagine waking up and rolling over to shut off the alarm and seeing those HUGE eyes staring at you. It'd definitely wake me up.

Okay, aaaaaanyways, to the people reading this who might be a tad bit confused or not care, back to the point:

WRITE MORE, OBI THE KID!!

21. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    HAHAHA!!! That means we dont have to share Rob with anyone! Oh yeah..the story!! THANKS!

22. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    "Well, I feel stupid...but I know it won't last for long...."

Hmm...could I REALLY be able to cook wearing an apron w/Rob's face on it? I'd feel bad if something spit off the grill and hit his face. I'd wince.

Haha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.