main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Redemption from the Darkest Depths (Qui, Xanatos, POVs, Qui, Obi torture, Qui, Obi angst, Dark Qui)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Sep 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Redemption from the Darkest Depths

Qui-gon's POV
    First part

I stood there complementing the past. Where has my path taken me? Down a road that I did not want to go at the beginning. Strange how love can drive a person to the dark side. I know he would never have let me fall, but he isn't here, is he? Sigh. My life was torn from me, all because one person hated me. Why couldn't he have killed me instead of Obi-wan! Why couldn't he have killed me after he killed Obi-wan. Now I will never forget that look in Obi-wan's eyes as his life faded. All because of me. I have failed two Padawans and myself.

"Lord Harkin?" a voice called behind me.

"Yes?" I asked, not turning around.

Harkin, how appropriate. That is pure irony. When Obi-wan died, Qui-gon Jinn and his faith in the Jedi died with it. Harkin was born in the blood that had flowed from Obi-wan. The name means dark red, just as Obi-wan's blood had been. Just as mine had been.

"We are approaching the planet. What would you have us do when we get there?" the young officer asked me.

"Send out the assassins, I don't want any of those monsters left alive, understood?" I snapped.

"Yes, sir," the young man said and left.

Now I would get my revenge and destroy those who killed Obi-wan. The Jedi would not help me, but I had pulled an army together that could rival the Republic's. I would destroy those monsters, and then it was on to the next target, until everyone that had any part in it was dead. Then the Jedi would be destroyed and the Dark Jedi will take their place. I shall see to that. Once I might have actually cared what happened to the people, but now it doesn't matter. My heart was replaced by this cold but confident stone. Obi-wan would yell and cry against these actions, but I have seen what evil does to good. Now its time that the evil got its own taste of fear and pain.

2. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    so Obi is dead and Qui has turned to the dark side and wants the jedi destoryed? yes, Obi would be very displeased with him.

3. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    I'd never considered a dark Qui-Gon, but you've done a great job with him, Neon Star :) Please continue :D

4. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks for the comments!

More later!

5. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    This is looking great so far!
    Well expect for the part that Obi is dead and Qui has turned to the darkside, but the story is good and I am looking forward to the next post.

6. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    We destroyed those monsters easily. Now we continue on our way to the next target. How could I have denied myself this power? Xanatos was right in so many ways. I wonder where he is at this moment? Probably hiding on some backwater world. I don't care.

I had gone back to my quarters to meditate. My feelings were troubling me again. I wish the nightmares would leave me. I know I must confront them, and now is better then later.

I sat down and crossed my legs. I pulled my senses inward and they
    went strait for that image.

We had been on a mission when an enemy had kidnapped us. For days they tortured us both, always-in sight of the other to double the pain. Then the Jedi had come and found us. The enemies knew that they had to kill us off quickly and leave. They started with Obi-wan. They stabbed him again and again with that same cruel blade. It sank into his young beaten flesh easily and drew blood. Obi-wan was too weak to fight them. When they were certain he was almost dead, they turned to me. I struggled against them, only wishing to be with my Padawan. The blood-stained dagger bit into me as well. First in the shoulder, then the right leg, then the neck. They then dropped me as well and ran. I had crawled to Obi-wan and cradled him in my arms. I couldn't speak or hardly breathe. Obi-wan looked at me with pain filled eyes.

"Mmmmassster, it hurts," he whispered.

//I know, Padawan,// I said softly through our bond.

"Make it stop," he pleaded.

His life was waning rapidly. I reached out and tried to keep the pain at bay from Obi-wan. He relaxed slightly and sighed.

"Its all right, Master," he whispered as he brushed a tear from my bloody cheek.

I knew he wouldn't live and so did he. But he still cared about me.

//Rest, Obi-wan,// I sent.

He nodded and his glazed eyes closed. His breathing slowed then stopped. I knew he had gone on into the Force. I cried and clutched at his lifeless body. A fire lit into me then, a fire of vengeance. It steadily grew as the Jedi failed to find the murderers. I had barely survived and at times I wish I hadn't. But I had a purpose. I was going to take care of those monsters once and for all and rid this galaxy of the Jedi as well. The irony is amazing. The great Jedi Master from their order has fallen and now destroys them in one stroke. How ironic, how dark.

"You are right, Qui-gon, it is very ironic. Just like it is ironic that you now seem to be on the same dark road that I am on," a voice said from the shadows and he stepped into view.

"Xanatos," I said as I stood.

7. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Oh No! :0
    Xanatos is Back! Ths is definatley not good! By the way, that last post was really,really sad, no wonder Qui was driven by the darkside, he is out for revenge...

8. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    So, the "monsters" Qui-Gon was after were the murderers? Is Xanatos going to help get rid of the Jedi? Or did he just stop by for old times sake? ;)

9. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    OH yes this is a great story so far I don't know why but I like seeing thid side of Qui-Gon.It different or maybe I'm just weird.

10. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Xanatos's POV
    Part Two

I stepped from the shadows as I felt his emotions and memories.
    Qui-gon has never cut the bond between us nor have I. I think it isn?t just a habit of having it there. I don't want to think that it might be something deeper. The only reason I had heard him was that he had left himself completely open. Understandable, since he thinks that I am off on some backwater world. Obi-wan is dead and Julia is too far away to hear him and so is his former Master, Yoda.

"Xanatos," he said as he stood.

"Where is the warrior that told me that the dark side was wrong and dangerous? Who told me that I would bring my own destruction if I followed it?" I asked mockingly.

"That man died," he said.

"Really, now it?s Harkin, right? Well, my dear former Master, I won't call you by that name," I said.

"How did you get in here?" he asked.

"Your secretary is a disgrace, Qui-gon. A bantha could have trampled in here and killed you before they knew anything. Now back to you," I said.

"You know about me. What are you doing here?" he asked.

"You know, black suits you. Brown is so dull," I commented.

"Xanatos," he growled.

I lowered my eyelids until my eyes were slits.

"If you must know. I wanted to find out if the rumors are true. If you really turned or not," I said.

"Well, I have," he said and turned away from me.

"What would Obi-wan say?" I asked.

He turned back toward me and I could feel the anger flowing from him. His hand was on his lightsaber.

"He is dead, Xanatos, what does he have to do with this?" he growled.

"Oh, let me see. His death caused your fall to the dark side. He would have died to keep you from it. Kind of dishonoring his memory aren't you?" I asked sharply.

"I am avenging his death!" he roared.

"You are destroying what he stood for," I countered.

He pulled out his lightsaber and ignited it. The blood red blade was inches from my neck.

"What did you say?" he snarled.

"You heard me," I said calmly.

He glared at me for a few moments then shut the lightsaber down. He turned away and sighed.

"I thought you would be celebrating the thought of me falling," he said harshly.

"No, I want to destroy you, Qui-gon, I don't want you on my side of the Force. Its bad enough that one of us is in this dark nightmare," I said softly.

I would never tell him that he was my last anchor to the light. I would never tell him that somewhere inside, I still cared for him as a Father. I would never tell him that I had always thought of him as infallible and in some small corner of my soul I wanted to be like to him only know that the path has been bared from me.

"Get out," he said quietly.

"I will not follow your orders. Though I will leave for a while, I will still be on this ship, though I doubt you could find me. Maybe you should think about what I said," I said and left the room.

11. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    is Obi really dead? I hope not then he can bring Qui back

12. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    whoa Xanatos actually has a heart? this is a whole new side of him. This story is getting better and better.

13. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Qui-gon's POV
    Part Three

I slammed my fist down onto the desk beside me. How dare he! What right had he to come in here and lecture me! Especially when he is on the same path that I am on.

"Its bad enough that one of us is in this dark nightmare," he had said.

What had he meant by that? The dark side was power to do as you will. What nightmare?

I pushed the thought from me, but another thought filled its place.

"You are destroying what he stood for," he had said.

Anger and rage filled me. Obi-wan did not stand for cutthroats that killed innocent children! Obi-wan did not stand for that dark place and torture. No, Obi-wan stood for life and the Jedi!

I brought out my lightsaber and cleaved the desk in half. I then continued to slice it apart until my rage started to falter. I shut off my lightsaber and noticed that the desk was nothing more then a blackened heap at my feet.

It did not matter what Obi-wan stood for. He has joined the Force
    and now I must do what I feel is right.

I want Xanatos off the ship. I don't want to relive any more memories. Why couldn't he have disappeared or gone back to Telos. Why couldn't he stay away from me and let me do what I have to do! I would tear the ship apart and I will find him!

"Master Harkin?" the officer asked softly as he stepped in.

I can feel the fear radiating from him and that calms me slightly. I am pleased that I am a man to be feared.

"What?" I asked.

"We seem to have an intruder on the ship," the officer said.

"I know," I snapped, "I want him found."

"Yes, Master, what do we do with him after we find him?" the officer asked.

"Kill him or eject him. I don't care, I just want him gone," I growled.

The officer bowed and quickly left.

I went to another desk and looked down at the map. We were almost through. Two more missions, then we would attack the Jedi Temple. Yes, everything was exactly as planned.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I walked onto the bridge. Our next target was out in front of us. The planet looked harmless, but it held the murderers. Many people will be hurt or killed besides the murders, but oh well. Life means nothing to me now. The assassins are all ready on the planet. They are the best I could find. But even with steel like minds, they can be manipulated. I smiled darkly at the thought. Nothing could spoil this. The last target would be where the man that had personally driven that dagger into Obi-wan and myself would be. I would personally kill him.

Xanatos has not been found yet. He was right when he said I wouldn't find him. It is unnerving to know he is out there, just waiting to torment me again. But I will not let it get to me. I can't afford anything to get to me. But it so hard to not think of him. He and Obi-wan were opposite of each other, complete opposites. Why did he care what I did? He has wanted to destroy me, why does he care if I have fallen? Sith him. Why won't he leave me alone?

I turn to go to my room to prepare. We will soon leave for the last target. Then Coruscant will be mine.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    "Qui-gon! Help me! Please, Master! Don't give up! Don't give into
    the dark side!" Obi-wan screamed.

I reached out my hand to grasp his bloody one. But it is slippery and I lose my grip. He falls into the darkness.

"Master!" his scream echoed through my mind, jolting me awake.

I could feel the sweat on my skin and scorned myself for being too sensitive.

I heard a noise in the darkness and could barely make out the shape.

"Nightmare?" he asked.

"Get out, Xanatos," I snapped.

"You dreamt of Obi-wan, didn't you? You screamed his name. I caught a small trace of it," he said, ignoring me.

"Why do you torment me?" I muttered.

"Because, I am trying to redeem you," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You were not meant to walk this wretched path, Qui-gon. You were not meant to..." he stopped for a moment and I saw pain flood his eyes.

Pure pain like I have rarely seen him display. A small part of me wants to comfort him as I had when he was a boy, but my stronger

14. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    but Qui saw the dagger that went though him and said his life force died so is Xanatos lying

15. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Great post. Damn you for making care about what xanatos says J/k I really love the story so far and can't wait for the next post

16. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    The plot thickens ;)

17. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Xanatos's POV
    Part four

I could feel the anger burning around him. He did not believe me and I didn't expect him to. I waited, watching his every move.

"How? I watched him die," Qui-gon said softly, the dark side receding in his sadness for the moment.

"You thought you watched him die. But in fact, he was given a poison that would slowly kill him off, first destroying any bond he had to anyone, even you, then it slowed the heart and lungs, then after a few hours of a near death, he would just die. When you passed out from the blood loss, they grabbed Obi-wan and were going to use him to pawn their way out. It didn't work, so they ran. The ones who survived threw Obi-wan into an abandon building and left him there to die. His life force was too weak to really detect any way. Well, it so happened that I was on the same planet at the time and I stumbled upon the near dead boy. I thought I could use him against you and took him to a private medical center of mine. He has been with me for the last three months, in and out of a coma," I said and paused.

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?" he snapped and I could see his hand move to his lightsaber, "And how do I know you are telling the truth?"

"What proof could I give you? This?" I asked and pulled the lightsaber out of my robe.

Qui-gon took it from me and let out a little gasp.

"Its Obi-wan's lightsaber," he said softly.

"Yes, they abandoned it with him," I said.

"You could have just picked it up to fool me into a trap and left Obi-wan there to die," he commented.

"But I didn't," I said.

I wouldn't tell Qui-gon how his Padawan had changed me. Strange, I was going to use the boy as a pawn and yet he made me start to doubt what I did. Now I am only hoping to find some small way to make up for what I have done, though I am forever locked away from the light. It hurts, but I will have to live with it.

"Now, to the reason why I didn't tell you," I said, continuing, "Its because you have fallen and it may destroy the boy. I won't allow that to happen. But maybe his presence can redeem you," I suggested.

*Like he helped me,* I thought silently to myself.

18. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    I'm starting to feel sorry for xanatos. This is a great story. It just keeps getting better and better. can't wait for the next post!

19. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Qui-gon's POV
    Part five

The news hits me hard. I can't believe it, I won't believe it! Obi-wan alive! I would have felt it, wouldn't I?

Doubt creped into my mind. Have a been so blinded that I didn't fill it? No, I would have felt it.

"I don't need redemption," I growled.

"Everyone needs redemption, especially the cruel twisted sadistic creatures like us," Xanatos said softly.

What had changed him so? He had once been cool and calculating. He had no care for life, only for power.

"I can't trust you," I said.

"I don't expect you to. But come with me, for the boy's sake if nothing else. Or do you not have a heart left in you, Qui-gon?" he asked.

I looked at him. He shows so much pain. To think, I have only seen him show true emotional pain was when she died. I thought silently, turning my thoughts from that time. Even though she had been his reason.

I could not trust him but what if he was telling the truth? I could feel no lie from him, but Xanatos had always been able to hide the truth when he wanted to. I finally made up my mind.

"All right, Xanatos, but we will be taking my shuttle," I said.

"Agreed," he said.

I nodded and switched on the comm at my desk.

"Yes, Lord Harkin?" the officer said.

"I will be leaving for a little while, Officer Doran. Return the fleet to base and wait for my orders," I said.

"Of course, Master," the officer said and the comm shut off.

"Come," I told Xanatos and led him to my personal vessel.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    We avoided each other as much as possible on the way to his small base. Nether of us wanted to talk about anything, because everything reminded both of us of our pasts. I clung to the dark side for power, but lately it has been failing me. I do not know why, maybe it is because my emotions are in turmoil. What if Obi-wan is alive?

We arrived there five standard days after we left my fleet. That was when Xanatos finally broke the silence.

"I must warn you. He is bad shape still. We couldn't repair everything," he said.

"What do you mean in bad shape?" I asked.

"I can't explain, you are just going to have to see for yourself," he sighed.

We landed and he led me to the medical part of the base. We met few people along the way and they kept their heads down. We entered the Healers ward and stopped at a door.

"Brace yourself," he said and opened the door.

20. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    What does Xanatos mean by "BAd shape"? Is obi-Wan gonna be disfigured or missing a limb or somthing? Wonderful place to stop really. Let our imaginations run away with us, trying to think of what Xanatos means.

21. mialia

mialia Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2000
    oh my god...neon, you are the godess of fanfiction ::bows:: you gotta write more soon.

22. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Ooh, Goddess of Fanfiction? I like it!
    Here's a post!

Obi-wan's POV
    Part six

Master is finally here; I can sense it through my slowly returning Force sense. Even with the broken bond between us, I can feel him, like I can still feel my non-existing right hand. Xanatos had promised to bring him back and he did. I opened my eyes and smiled at him. My vision is blurry, but I can see him. It hurts to open my eyes but I have all ready gotten used to it. Pain, emotional as well as physical, has been etched into his face. I wish I could erase the lines and pain I see there. But something is terribly wrong. My Master's sense is dark and cold. It hits me like a dagger. My Master has fallen to the dark side, because of me. My heart shatters. Tears flood my eyes. I first raise my right arm slightly but switched it quickly to my left and reached out to him.

"Master," I whispered.

Xanatos and the Healers told me I may never be able to gain my voice again, that I would be whispering for the rest of my life, because my vocal cords had been ripped apart by poison that had almost killed me

He just looks at me.

"Master," I called again.

He continues to stare at me. I want him to come back to me. To hold my hand and tell me it?s all right. I close my eyes in despair.

"Please," I cried, my voice breaking.

Another presence nearby is starting to get angry. Its Xanatos, but he won't interfere yet.

Qui-gon just turned around and left. I could sense it when he did and I could hear his dying footsteps. Tears ran down my cheeks. Have I just lost my Master, my Father?

Another hand grips mine, which is still reaching toward where Qui-gon had been. I open my eyes.

"Xanatos, he turned because of me, hasn't he?" I asked softly.

"Don't blame yourself, Obi-wan. Don't you dare blame yourself. Your Master is just to bantha headed to comprehend. It?s a shock. He will come back, its not too late for him," Xanatos said.

I know what is going through his mind, "Its not too late for you either. Help me," I whispered.

"I will go talk to him, Obi-wan. But you need to rest," he said softly.

I felt him send a Force suggestion to me and that was the last thing I felt as I drifted off into sleep.

23. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    This story is so good I need more fast! please!

24. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    That was so sad!
    I cannot belive that Xanatos is being so...NICE!, Well this is an alternate universe afterall...
    More soon please!

25. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jedi_Knight_Jena Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey, this is really good!
    I can't wait to read the next post...
    I wonder what happened to poor Obi-Wan? But at least he's alive... even if Xanatos makes it sound like it's not such a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.