main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Three Sorrows............JA

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arihana_Moonmist, Sep 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arihana_Moonmist

Arihana_Moonmist Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2001

Title: The Three Sorrows

rating: pg nonslash

Time: JA ,Obi is 14

summary: The universe is being destroyed by the three sorrows ( slaughter, famine and disease). Obi-Wan is chosen by Force created beings to fight them and he agrees despite Qui-Gon's protests. But will his decision cost him the greatest thing of all,his soul.

Disclaimer: I do not own any thing recognizable as being owned by George Lucas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is my second fanfic so please lots of reviews, also if anyone sees any major spelling or punctuation mistakes please tell me so I can fix it :) thanks.

Obi-Wan Kenobi sighed wearily as he opened the door to the rooms that he and his master shared at the Jedi Temple. He slowly made his way to the 'fresher, dropping the knapsack of empty medicine bottles on the couch as he passed it. Stumbeling over to the shower he jumped in and turned the water to ice cold, figuring that it would help him wake up. He wanted some tea before he collapsed, and his master would be even more tired when he came home. He got out of the shower and headed to he kitchen after changing back into his clothes. Halfway there a weak wave of shared grief passed through the Temple. He stumbled a bit but continued to the kitchen, the few tears he had shed already drying on his cheeks. He sighed bitterly as he started making the tea and the wave came again, slightly stronger this time but still showing the Temple's weakness. Obi-Wan sighed again and three tears fell into the tea. The grief was not an uncommon thing, almost one quarter of the Jedi had died within the past three months, wars and multiple murders were breaking out all over the universe. The grief which the Order felt when a fellow Jedi died was coming so frequently that a day without one was cause for celebration. Jedi and other peace keepers, not to mention innocents were dropping like flies from the crossfire of the wars or uncaptured murderers, that only accounted for a third of the deaths though. Worlds were suddenly becoming infested with disease carriers. Half of the planets in any galaxy but the most secluded were quarentined due to plague. The other third of the deaths was due to starvation, many planets that were main food suppliers were having droughts or bad growing weather. Animals were scrawny and weak, fruits and vegetables were withered and dry when they grew at all.

Obi-Wan took his tea into the living room after leaving a pot of water on the stove for his master. He shoved the bag over to the side as he took his seat on the couch. Glancing tiredly at the bottles he supressed a groan knowing that he would have to go to the healers to get replacements for tomorrow. He and Qui-Gon were working with the sick people on Courscant, distributing the vaccine to people not yet infected and making the sick comfortable while healers tried to find a cure for the plague on the city planet. Obi-Wan stared into his tea as he thought about the two who had just died. Master Lorna had been first, followed closely by her padawan Korin. They were so nice, they didn't deserve this, nobody deserves this. He though sadly, he had only met the team a couple of times, but he and Qui-Gon had started forming a close friendship with them. Lorna and Korin had a bond that was only rivaled in strength by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's. That's what had started their friendship. They are a great team Obi-Wan thought not are, were he reminded himself belatedly. Sighing again he gulped down his lukewarm tea and stumbled off to bed. He sighed in relief s he hit the matress. Sighing, I seem to do that a lot lately he reflected before drifting off into the sleep of one who is half dead with exhaustion.

Qui-Gon fumbled with the door, mimicking his padawan's previous actions almost exactly. He stepped into the room and dumped his bag of supplies next to Obi-Wan's. Making his way to the kitchen

2. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    I like I like!!! More please?

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Nice post, I haven't read much JA but that was a good starting point for a fic. I hope that you'll find the time to continue to write more. I know what u mean about homework, though I haven't got much let that and a numbers of fanfics to keep up...sometimes the force can demand the impossible of us ;)

Have a good day,

Am [face_love]

4. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Wonderful beginning Moonmist! I hope to see more!

5. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Whoa! How sad! Poor Jedi! Poor Qui! Poor Obi! :_|

Great start! :)

More soon please! :D

6. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    That was an outstanding beginning. Can't wait for you to continue it.

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    GREAT start! How very sad...

This sounds like it's gonna be great! :D

More soon PLEASE Arihana! :D

8. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Looks good so far

More Soon?

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A great beginning Arihana!! I'm thrilled to see you have another story.

Post often, post soon.

10. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    that was good start can't wait for more

11. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh my that was a sad beginning :( :(

I look forward to seeing more soon!!!

12. Arihana_Moonmist

Aug 17, 2001
    thanks for the feed back, sorry I can't post now but I'm absolutly buried in latin homework and the next part isn't done yet, I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to post tomorrow though. Thanks everyone :)

13. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Yay! Post tomorrow! Yippee!

Homework? *Shudders* I despise the stuff... Who wouldn't?

Can't wait for your next post! :D

14. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Umm, UP?

More soon please! :D

15. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Great start...you must post more...

JediCandy

16. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Lovely!!! Absolutely Lovely. I hope that you CAN post more soon, and good luck with your homework. Believe me, I know your pain;););)

17. Arihana_Moonmist

Aug 17, 2001
    Hi, once again thanks for the feedback everyone, here's the next part, it's a little short but I will have a longer post up this weekend. :)

Qui-Gon slowly drifted into conciousness, pulled out of sleep by a pounding on the door. Moaning, he dragged himself out of bed and lurched over to the hallway.

" Who is it?"
    He called grumpily, to tired to even pretend civility.

" It's Mace, c'mon Jinn open up it's importent."

Qui-Gon opened the door to find himself face to face with an extremely apologetic council member. Mace Windu looked up and down his rather disheveled friend and gave a sympathetic sigh, at the same time forcing down a rather rude and sarcastic remark. He knew that Qui-Gon had to be exhausted, he would never normally look like this. Even after being stuck in a dungeon cell, nearly losing his apprentice and saving planets from war, he managed to have an aura which commanded such respect that you would automatically overlook any blemishes on his personal appearence. Heck, the man could go through weeks of neer starvation and running through a jungle while being hunted by Jedi hateing natives and still come out the other side looking like he had just taken a simple stroll around the temple. Now he just looked tired.

" What is it Mace?" Qui-Gon asked with a resigned expression

" I'm really very sorry to disturb you and Obi-Wan, I know you've been working the hardest of us not out on missions. All of the Jedi currently in the Temple have been called to the main training room, and before you ask, no I don't know what it's about, right now I'm just the message boy."

With another apologetic glance Mace moved on to the next door and began pounding on the door. Qui-Gon softly shut the door and retraced his steps to the bedroom where he began his long task of waking Obi-Wan.

//Padawan come on you have to get up.//

Obi-Wan groaned and one eye opened halfway to peer out at him from underneath Qui-Gon's robe.

// Is there another plague?//

//No padawan//

The eye closed.

//Have we been called off to mediate a war?//

// No Obi-Wan.//

The last remaining visible piece of head dissapeared as Obi-Wan pulled his master's robe over his head and curled up underneath it with a defiant show of stubborness.

//If it isn't a plague and it isn't a war then it had better be the end of the universe 'cause that's the only other possible reason I could have for opening my eyes before tomorow morning.//

Qui-Gon sighed and put his head in his hands, this was going to take a while.

alright I should have the next post up by saturday and it will definitly be longer. thanks.
    Till the next post, safe journeys
    Arihana
    Moonmist
    >(^..^)<

an interesting note: for my Latin class I have invented a mnemonic ( is that how it's spelled?) device which works well for me and makes my family members laugh. For the word 'where' in latin which is Ubi ,I simply think to myself, where is Ubi-Wan now ( has he been captured by pirates or perhaps Xanatoes has made another appearence, one never knows, the poor padawan is lost and kidnapped so often.)
    ok I know that was kinda weird but I'm on a sugar high so it's excusable :D

18. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    AHHH this is great Arihana_Moonmist!!!

Please continue soon. I love Obi being so stubborn at waking up. REminds me of myself!!! Anyways, I hear ya...Obi or should I say Ubi gets beat up so often it's amazing the boy still lives. Hehe...but I don't mind since I do most of that in my fics too!!

Knight_Obi

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Uh oh, they're gathering everyone together??? That is not a good sign. Poor Qui-Gon, as tired as he is, he still has to deal with a stubborn Padawan. :) :)

Excellent post Arihana!!

20. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Ah, great little touch of humor there!

21. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Obi's reply to getting up was cute!! :)

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Ah, great little touch of humor there!

23. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    The last remaining visible piece of head dissapeared as Obi-Wan pulled his master's robe over his head and curled up underneath it with a defiant show of stubborness.

//If it isn't a plague and it isn't a war then it had better be the end of the universe 'cause that's the only other possible reason I could have for opening my eyes before tomorow morning.//

ROFLOL I Love it. More Please!

24. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    How CUTE! :D Good post Arihana_Moonmist! I LOVE mush! I'm finally back after a very nasty computer virus that killed my computer for about a month. I also just purchased JA #15, but I have no comment about it yet because I don't want to give the theme away (thought most of you probably already know the plot) and I have not read it yet. My twin is STILL reading it. Geez. I can't find any of the stories I liked now! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

25. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    How CUTE! :D Good post Arihana_Moonmist! I LOVE mush! I'm finally back after a very nasty computer virus that killed my computer for about a month. I also just purchased JA #15, but I have no comment about it yet because I don't want to give the theme away (thought most of you probably already know the plot) and I have not read it yet. My twin is STILL reading it. Geez. I can't find any of the stories I liked now! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.