main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Aftermath (Short JA, In honor of those lost on September 11, 2001. Qui and Obi talk.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Sep 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Hi guys, I haven't posted this anywhere else as of yet. I wanted to kind of test the waters so to speak and make sure you guys thought this would be okay to post on the list and elsewhere. Please be honest. Once you read it, if you think it's okay to post...or if you think that I should NOT post out of respect to others, please say so.

Thanks so much.

Obi

TITLE: Aftermath
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid
    E-MAIL: hlnkid@aol.com
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM, non-slash. (Obi-Wan is17) See NOTE below.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

WARNING NOTE: PLEASE READ: This is a short story I wrote in the wake of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 in the US. It focuses on a conversation between master and padawan after a similar attack on Coruscant. This story does NOT involve anything graphic, and is written in honor of all those who lost loved ones on that Tuesday. While I personally did not lose anyone close to me, my thoughts go out to everyone involved in any way. Part of the healing process is to write what you feel. And this is part of that process for me. Thanks for reading.

NEVER FORGET SEPTEMBER 11, 2001

===========
    Aftermath
    ===========

?Master??

?I?m alright padawan. Just thinking.?

?About what happened??

?Yes. About all those who were lost and their loved ones who are in such pain now.?

?I can?t stop thinking about it.?

?Nor can I. It?ll be okay. Everyone just needs time. Are you alright padawan??

?Yes master, I think so. Well, I don?t know. One minute I?m fine, then the next I feel so sad. I still can?t believe this happened. I keep thinking I?ll wake up and it?ll all be a dream.?

?If only it was a dream. How is your hand??

?I?ll live. Healer Terran said if the pain gets to bad, he can offer me something for it, but it?s healing okay I guess. You look tired master. Perhaps you should get some rest. We?ve been given a reprieve from the rescue effort. They don?t need us until late tomorrow.?

?They need everyone they can handle as soon as possible. Chief Rylan was just saying that to force us to take a break.?

?But I think you should rest. I can feel your fatigue master, almost as much as I feel my own. If we go back to help before we are ready, we may only hamper the efforts and could get ourselves and others hurt. I know you want to help, but please just give your mind and body a break for a few hours.?

?Obi-Wan, I understand your concern, but I will be heading back there shortly. I can?t sit here and do nothing. I am capable. I should be there.?

?Master?I??

There was a long pause before Qui-Gon spoke. He suddenly saw the confusion and fear in his student?s eyes.

?What is it padawan??

?I?this is selfish of me, I know?but I would just like a few hours for us to talk maybe. I just don?t want to be alone right now. I see what those who lost someone are going through, and I think how?what if you had been in the building today? You were there just yesterday afternoon. What if had happened then? What if?I just?I need you master. I need to be close to my family right now. That? sounds selfish, but it?s what I really feel.?

?Obi-Wan?no, you?re not being selfish. I?m sorry. I have been so focused on the recovery effort that I was not thinking of how you were affected emotionally by this. Yes, let?s you and I talk?or just be in the company of the other. We will return to the rescue operation tomorrow.?

?You were in that building master.?

?I know. I know. But I?m alright padawan. I?m here now. It?ll be okay?in time.?

?Will it? Will it ever be okay again? Will we ever truly be safe? If

2. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Awwwww... *Sniff*

NIce story! :D

3. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    I think the fic says what everyone must feel after what had happened. Personally, I feel like that too, the way Obi feels in the fic. I am glad that this fic is here because in a way, it provides some closure to everything that has happened.

Thanks Obi the Kid.

Knight_Obi

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Very touching Obi.I feel the same way,I have to turn off the news,just to get my thoughts together,not to forget the tragedy,but to gain composure,after all the things that have happened,Thank You.PEACE Ewen

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys. I was hoping others would be able to relate to this one. Thanks for taking the time to read and to comment. Much appreciated.

Obi

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    That was so very fitting and it summed up the feelings of the past week.

Nice work OTK :)

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thank you Ginger.

8. JediObi

JediObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2001
    I personally loved the story. It was touching and dealt with sensitive issues very gently. Obi-Wan's thoughts mirror my own.

Great work!

9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Jedi Obi! Appreciate it! (I like your icon by the way :))

10. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    This is a very nice story and i don't what else to say.

11. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Obi, you pretty much said what I've been thinking since since Tuesday.............. Thanks for posting this one.

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    You dont know how long it took me to get this story write. I wrote many differnt versions, then tore them all up..they just didnt feel right. But this one finally came together. Im glad it did! THANKS for the comments!!!!!!!!

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  14. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Great Story! Post it anywhere you can!!

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks K. I hope to post it to the mailing lists within the next couple days. Thanks for the encouragement!

16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Up we go!

18. the-Ewan-Pixie

the-Ewan-Pixie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    That was great. I hope no one takes it down, because ton's of people were dealing with it just like Obi.

Awesome job!

peace,
    EP

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Pixie!!!

If you guys want to read another story that deals with this...please go here, to my Tribute page.

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/September911.html

It's a story called "Why?" By BL Anderson. Please read it when you can, and let her know your feelings on it.

Thanks so much for reading.

Obi

20. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    Wow, that's so different than what you usually write! I loved it! So sweet...

21. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Sure is different! Thanks for reading!!!!

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Poignant story OTK.

Reminds me of my daughter and I sitting on the couch watching TV that fateful night. *sigh*

23. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Glad it touched a chord with you HL. Thanks so much!

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.