main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon meets a two-year-old girl, and gets attached. Awwww.COMPLETED ON 12/11/01!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jacinta_Kenobi, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I hope this is cute. I have a niece that's two, and a lot of what Katya does, my niece has done. She's adorable! [face_love]

Title:Do you wanna dance? (1st in the Katya series) katya is the girl

Qui-Gon strode silently into the rec room, empty for the moment, but traces of laughter were inbedded in the walls. He walked around a bit, smelling the salty, buttery scent of popcern long ago eaten, and the sweet, sugary scent of Klost candy. He remembered spending many a night here with his friends when they were allowed to have a sleepover, a rare occasion for a Jedi Apprentice. The HoloVision loomed in one corner, it?s screen dark but ready to be lit up and used to tell the most exciting stories. In another corner was the siadplayer. The siadplayer was designed to play siads, little chips that had all kinds of music recorded on them. Qui-Gon smiled faintly. It was rare that he got the chance to just sit back and remember when things were simple, save for the occasional worry if someone liked you, or if you were going to pass a big test.

Suddenly, the siadplayer sprang to life, playing loudly a dance theme that had been popular when Qui-Gon was a teen. Beside the player, a petite little girl was doing a little dance to the music. Qui-Gon chuckled in spite of himself, the little girl couldn?t have been more than 24 months, so her dance was very cute. She didn?t move her feet, just kind of leaned over and rocked back and forth. Suddenly, she turned her head to him, and much to Qui-Gon?s surprise, she gave him a innocent little grin. Qui-Gon was astounded. She had known he had been there all along! Qui-Gon hadn?t expected that, thinking that if she had known, she would have run off, scared. Most children were scared of the imposing man. But this girl was different.

The girl bolted over to him in a very TaDa! Fashion, with a pleased smile plastered on her face, her lavender eyes laughing, and in no uncertain terms demanding applause. They seemed to be saying, ?You know I?m cute!?. Qui-Gon smiled at her.

Just then, the tiny human girl reached up to him, and said ? ?aance!? Qui-gon just stared at her, confused by her garbled speech. The grin on the child?s flushed face faded, and she said again, ? ?aance!? When Qui-gon did not respond, the girl stomped her foot in frustration, her black ringlets that fell to her chin flying, proclaiming as loud as her little voice would allow without shouting, ? ?AANCE!! ?AANCE!!! ?aance, ?aance, ?aance, ?aance!?

Her tiny face was now flushed not from dancing, but from anger. The child stopped screaming, and for a minute, Qui-Gon could feel the anger fading. //They?re already starting to teach her to control her anger.// When the girl looked up again, her beautiful, bright purple eyes shimmering with tears, but the anger was completely gone. Qui-gon thought with approval, //And she does a remarkably good job of it!//

The child had tears streaming down her face, but decided to try again. ?I wanna ?aance.? She declared with an undeniable pout. Qui-Gon suddenly realized what she wanted.

?Do you want to Dance, little one?? The girl nodded hard, her tears drying quickly. ?Alright, little one, we shall dance, as soon as you tell me your name.?

The girl was smiling shyly. ?Ka?ya ?ona.? She said with a raise of her chin, the shyness disappearing as soon as the words left her lips.

?Alright Kaya, I am Qui-Gon Jinn.? Qui-Gon said kneeling down next to her.

Kaya looked confused, then said triumphantly, ?Qi-Gen!?

Qui-Gon realized that that was as good as she was going to be able to pronounce it for awhile, and instead smiled secretively at her as he lifted her up. Kaya squealed with delight as she was hoisted in the air. She looked down from her new found height and giggled, before proclaiming ? ?aance!? once more. Qui-Gon obligingly twirled around the room , his forehead pressed to Kaya?s as he hummed the tune.

Suddenly, a hand reached out to grab his arm. Qui-gon spinned to see Luna, a knight about his age that, along

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'll put up some more later. Thsi story goes from this point, all the way to her becoming a knight. In case you haven't guessed, she's gonna be Qui-Gon's first padawan. [face_blush] Awwwwww.

3. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Sorry, Qui-Gon is 21.

4. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Good so far! Katya's such a cutie! Awwww... :) I have a ittle cousin who's aout two and a half, and Katya is a lot like her... :)

I'm looking forward to reading more! :)

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmmm, this looks similar to a certain story I'm doing...I'm interested to see the approaches we both take.

6. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    What's the name of yours Darth Ishtar? I'd like to read it! :D

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    'Nother post! :D

In the morning, he was awakened by a not-so-gentle tugging on his beard. He blinked the sleep from his eyes to see Katya looming above him, her ebony curls brushing his face.

Katya grinned happily. ?Qi-Gen get up!? She pulled on a fistfull of hair when Qui-Gon?s eyes began to drift shut. Qui-Gon was awake in seconds.

?Alright little one, I?m up, I?m up. Let?s get some breakfast, what do you say??

Qui-Gon ran his fingers through his hair as he set Katya on the floor. He looked down at his clothing and remembered he hadn?t changed. He walked over to his dresser and saw Katya in front of it, gleefully pulling out everything she could find. Qui-Gon realized that breakfast was going to be interesting, to say the least. He could imagine how much food was going to go in her stomach compared to everywhere else. He thought better of changing, deciding to put it off until AFTER breakfast.

Suddenly, Katya got a brilliant idea. She had spotted Qui-Gon?s lightsaber on the floor, where it must have fallen the night before. She reached for it with a declaration of ?Lisaber!? Qui-gon finally realized what she was going for. His mind screamed, //NO, KATYA!!//, but before he could react, Katya jerked back, her hand going to her forehead as she turned to look at him with a confused expression. Qui-Gon felt a little searching tendril in the back of his mind, and before he could stop himself, he grasped at it. The tendril turned into an undeniable link, forming a solid connection to something. Or someone. //Ooops.//

Now he realized what had just happened. When he had yelled at Katya, he had opened his mind for her, and when she reached out for him, he had accepted the connection. To make sure, he reached out a little to the connection, and said hesitantly in his mind, //Katya?//

A voice drifted back to him over the link, undeniably Katya?s. //Yeah? What Maser Qi-Gen?// Qui-Gon smiled. Well, he was a Knight after all. As soon as she was old enough, nobody would try to stop him from taking her as a Padawan. Matter-of-fact he had been told several times that he should take a Padawan. //The Force works in many ways.//, he reminded himself, as he scooped up Katya and headed for the kitchen.

As he headed past the his datamachine, he saw the light blinking, informing him that he had messages. He turned toward it, trying to keep the squirming Katya still. ?On!? he called to the machine.

?Greetings, Qui-Gon. You have two messages. Proceed?? It asked in a metallic voice.

?Yes.? Qui-Gon responded impatiently. Katya was getting more and more antsy.

?Alright. You received a message at 10:30 p.m. from Master Luna, Master of 11-year-old Juno, temporary crech?..?

?Yes, yes, I know who she is. What?s the message??

?Hi, Qi-Gen.? Luna?s voice came on, her tone teasing. ?Listen, I ve decided that you need to be punished for bossing me around yesterday about how YOU were going to take her, and all that. So as a surprise, you get to keep her all tomorrow, and see what I?ve been going through. Also, there?s a bag of her clothes and such just outside your door. I couldn?t wake you when I brought it. DARN! Anyway, see you at 8:30 tonight! May the force be with you! You?re gonna need it?.? She added as an afterthought.

Qui-Gon groaned before calling, ?Next message!?

?The next message was received at 8:30 this morning from Master Mace Windu.? The machine said.

?Hello, Qui-Gon. I need you to drop by the council as soon as you can. There?s something we need to discuss.? Mace signed off.

?Cripes! I?m gonna kill her, this time I AM! This means I have to take Katya with me to the council! How am I going to explain that?? Katya suddenly pulled on his hair. ?Maser Qui-Gen, I hungry!!?

Qui-Gon sighed and headed for the kitchen. As he passed his front door, he turned towards it and opened it up. Sure enough, there was a little backpack leaning against the door frame. He picked it up, and Katya grabbed for it, crying ?Bapack!? He h

8. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Cool! If only my brother was like that, I wouldn't mind him so much! :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My story is called Wayward Beings. Keme, the main character, is a girl Qui-Gon rescues from slavery on his first mission as a Jedi Knight. The Council rejects her because she's 7 years old (sound familiar), so Qui-Gon takes her as his Padawan.

10. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Cute idea, I'll read it. Hope you like mine!

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    OH MY GOSH!!!! THIS IS THE CUTEST STORY I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!! i sure do hope you're writing more soon!:D:D:D You can be sure that I will read it.:)

12. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Alright, if you like ti that much :D I'll write more as soon as possible, actually, maybe right now! If not, tomorrow morning!

13. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    This is a short post, but oh well!

Warning! [face_shocked] Water fight! ;)

Qui-Gon picked up the messy child, who was busy rubbing purridge in her hair and giggling, and carried her to the fresher. He plugged the whole in the bath and filled it about halfway, stripping the child, and setting her in the water. She grinned, and began to wave her hands through the water, delighted, when she noticed something.

?Toy!? She cried. Qui-Gon swallowed nervously. Uh-Oh. He didn?t have any toys. He ran to the kitchen and grabbed some plastic utensils, then came back to see Katya standing up in the tub.

?Sit down Katya! You?ll hurt yourself!!? Katya merely laughed prettily and gave him the, ?Oh no, you?re gonna get me!? look. He ran over, dumping the toys in the tub, and sat her down. She began to cry, not understanding why he had reacted that way. //Shhh, Katya. Play with your toys!// Qui-Gon thought at her, praying that she would not notice what they really were.

She didn?t. Anything she could get her hands on was a toy to her. She played awhile, until Qui-Gon washed her off. He was about to take her out when she looked at him evilly and said, ?You ready??

Qui-Gon looked at her confused. She grinned and yelled, ?Get you!?, Bringing down her hands hard to make a large splash that soaked him. Qui-Gon yelled, ?Katya, stop that!? Katya ignored him, and splashed more. Finally she stopped.

Qui-Gon sat there frowning, his long hair plastered to his face. He looked for all the world like a drowned dog! Katya giggled long and hard. Finally, Qui-Gon joined in.

?Well, I needed a shower little one, and you sure gave me one!? He grabbed the towel and picked her up with it. ?Now I?m gonna get YOU!? He cried, and began tickling her through the towel. Both laughed until they could laugh no more, and collapsed in a heap to the fresher floor. Finally, Qui-Gon went and fetched her backpack.

When he came back, Katya had found one of his hair ties, and had a large portion gathered on the top of her head, sticking straight up. She had the TaDa! smile again. He laughed, and retrieved his tie from her hair, dressing her, being thankful that she didn?t wear diapers. Jedi children were toilet trained early. When he finished, he peeled off his soggy clothes and stepped into the shower.

He washed off as quick as he could, all the while playing peek-a-boo with Katya and the shower curtain. He got out, dried off, changed his clothes, and tried to put up his hair. However, Katya had insisted that she stand on the sink, and kept reaching up and untying it. He finally gave up, leaving it down. Qui-Gon picked Katya up, and headed for the council chamber.

Well? :confused:

14. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm just moving this up.

15. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    ooh! She's so cute!
    :D

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    She's such a little sweety! LOL - Qui looking like a wet dog! [face_laugh]

That was great! [face_laugh]

Looking forward to more! :D

17. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks! Expect more tomorrow, cause my niece Cassie (Cassandra Dawn Barber, cut name, huh? ;) is visiting, and I'll be inspired. The next chapter should be funnier, if not, at least as cute as this one.

Hey this is to all my regulars! Please go join my story called Flight of the Jedi and help me write it! It's kind of a cowrite type thing, you add a chapter whenever you want to, and I need a few more people. Thanks!

18. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Very cute as usual. I can't wait to see what happens next!!!:)

19. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Cute story! I'm definitely going to become a regular here.
    Keep writing. I love seeing how Qui acts with little kids. I read this with a big smile plastered all over my face!

20. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    really short Post! gotta go to school, but had to do this first! Cassie did this yesterday, so I needed to put this up first.

Qui-Gon walked down the halls towards the Council, carrying Katya. She was playing with his hair. She ran a bit of hair across the end of his nose. He sneezed. She look at him, a bit startled.

"Say cuse you, Qi-Gen." She said.

Qui-Gon turned to stare at her. "What?"

"Say cuse you, Qi-Gen! Say cuse you!" She faked sneezing.

"Oh!!!!!" Qui-Gon said, realizing what she wanted. "Excuse me, Katya."

A big, wide grin spread across her face. Then she put her hands out and shrugged her shoulders, and said "Where Maser Luna?"

"She's at the creche."

"Where Juno?"

"At the creche. Do you want to go back to the creche?"

"No!!" She cried and wrapped her arms around his neck. He smiled.

"I thought not. Don't worry, I have a feeling we're gonna be together a long time."

Qui-Gon reached the doors of the council, and prepared himself to be laughed at. He knew for certain that Mace would laugh at him for having Katya with him. Mace was a bit older than him, and had just got on the Council. Probably, his old master, Yoda, would laugh at him too. He sighed, and pushed the doors open.

Big confrontation coming up! Stick around.

21. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    OH!!!!! You are NOT leaving us there!!! I wanna see what happens!!! This should be good. When's the next part going to be up? Soon I hope.:):):)

22. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Just to let you know that I won't be able to post on this story, but that you have another deticated reader! ;)

This is really sweet! I am second oldest in a family of eight, and I have a little two year-old sister, Olivia, who does stuff just like this! Escpecially doing the rocking/dancing thing, and saying 'cuse me'.

This is really sweet. :)

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, guys, here you go! Major Confrontation here!

Qui-Gon strode to the middle of the council room, bowing as well as he could with Katya in his arms, then, as an afterthought, set Katya down and bowed again, holding her hand. Katya grinned, thinking it was a game, and bowed with him.

Mace covered his mouth with his hand to hide his smirk. What was going on? Here was Qui-Gon, hair askew, clothes thrown on messily, and slight bags under his eyes. It surprised him, since Qui-Gon was usually an impulsively neat man.

Yoda raised an eyebrow at his former padawan, noticing the man?s disheveled appearance as well. ?Padawan, hope you have an explanation for this, I do. Not often, is it, that babysitter you are.? At that, a chuckle escaped Mace.

Qui-Gon glared at his friend, then sighed. Yoda only called him padawan anymore when he was about to laugh, or reprimand. Somehow, the laughing seemed more probable, and if Yoda laughed, most likely the whole council would too. ?Uhhh?yes I do, Master Yoda. You see?.well, I found this girl in the rec room?.?

?This girl?? Adi-Gallia interrupted. ?Does she have a NAME?!?

?Oh, yes, sorry. This is Katya Iona.? Katya grinned shyly, and curtsied. The council broke into laughter at that. Qui-Gon continued. ?I met her last night, and took her to my room for the night, cause she kind of got attached to me.?

Mace couldn?t resist. ?You took her to your ROOM?!? he said loudly, and winked at Yoda. The council laughed even more at this.

?Yeah, yeah, Mace, put a lightsaber in it. Anyway, when I got up, Luna made me keep her, so we had breakfast??

?See that, I do.? Yoda said, pointing to some food in his padawan?s hair that Qui-Gon had missed in his hurry to shower. The council room was filled with guffaws.

Qui-Gon blushed. ?I was kind of in a hurry when I took my shower.?

Just then, Katya pulled on his pant leg. ?Maser Qi-Gen.....? She said, and Mace burst out laughing, almost falling out of his chair. Qui-Gon wished he would!

?I gotsa go poddy.? Katya said with a pleading look in her eye.

?What?? Qui-Gon asked, confused. He had never tended to children before.

The entire council was in an uproar now. Yoda leaned forward, and between his coughing laughs, said, ?Needs to go to the bathroom she does, Padawan.? And then he fell back in his chair, dissolving into coughs and hiccups.

Qui-Gon?s face was flaming. ?Ummmmm?..?

?Just go! Before you disrupt us anymore!? Depa Billaba said.

Qui-Gon picked up Katya and ran out the council door. I?m renouncing my position right now, he thought. I?m going to go kill Luna, and then I?m leaving for Tatooine or someplace like that!

Suddenly, Katya pulled his hair, hard! ?Maser Qi-Gen, I gotta go bad!? She was holding herself. Qui-Gon moaned. He could see her not making it and letting go, in the middle of the hall, right in front of everyone! And all over him!

He ran faster than he?d ever thought possible to the bathroom. He started to push her into the girl?s bathroom, but she tried to pull him in with her. ?Qi-Gen help me!? She said pointing to her clothes.

Qui-Gon almost screamed. Oh, gods help me! He thought as he rushed her to the boy?s bathroom. Katya?s eyes got wide as they went through the door, and it was obvious she?d never been in the boy?s bathroom before. ?What?s that?? she said, pointing, but Qui-Gon simply pulled her to the stall and helped her to go to the bathroom, then hurried to wash her hands and tried to avoid any questions. He rushed her out the door, breathing a sigh of relief. A few Jedi on their way in gave him strange looks, but walked past him.

Finally, he picked up Katya and started towards the crèche, figuring it was time for her to go back to Luna, before his face STUCK red! As he walked, he looked at Katya.

?Katya, you are a TON of trouble, do you know that?? He asked with a stern face. Katya grinned mischievously and nodded. Qui-Gon could not help but smile back.

24. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm hooked. This is so cute! I love it! Poor Qui, he has no idea what he's gotten himself into!

25. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Mcily Nochi, what you just said was the understatement of the year!

Oh, and by the way, this story is NOT SAD! Not ever, as far as I know.

She doesn't die or turn! So it's a happy story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.