main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Second Chance (AU, Post-TPM) 4/21, Done

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Oct 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Alright, so this is my first post. So I hope all goes well. Takes place at the end of TPM and after.

Summary: Obi-Wan and Xanatos travel to a different universe.
    Disclamer: George owns them. Wish I did. Yada, yada, yada. You know the drill.
    Spoilers: JA series, TPM.

Feed back please.
    quick note: ^thoughts^ and //telepath//
    He walked purposely through the empty ruins of the Temple halls. A cool wind blew through the rubble and what was left of the walls. Had it only been a week ago that they had been whole and full of life? A week that he had been a Jedi Knight and not a lonely, homeless man hunted down because of what he was.

He entered a courtyard and worked hard to keep from shuddering. The air smelled stale and lifeless. Yes, that was a good thing to call it. Lifeless.

For there was no life here, not anymore. In fact, this was one of the places were death was strong. Images of all the life lost in the last couple of days came unbidden to his mind.

Most of them had been here.

He figured his lightsaber in his right hand loosely. He had been using it a lot lately. More then he wished ever to, and all of it had been in vain. Especially the last one to die.

He could still feel the boy?s weight in his arms, his soft voice as he gave up his life. Gave up his life so he could live. Live to fight more and defeat the person that had done all this. ^Oh, Ani. Why? Why did you do it? You were the Chosen One, not me. You. I protected not just because he asked me to, but because? because I did care for you. Like a little brother. At least I told you that before?^

He struggle for breath as he fought for control of his emotions. He was Jedi, even if he was the last one, and he was going to honor all of his training. And the man that had trained him.

Taking another deep breath he pushed all those memories to the back of his mind. It was still too fresh and he had almost no time to come to terms with what had happened but now was not the time. One last breath and he stood up straight; bring all his Jedi calming techniques to bear, masking his face in one of peace. Well, maybe not peace but at least composed.

?Well done, little Jedi. You do your pathetic Jedi training some justice.?
    The voice cut through the silence, colder then the wind. He turned slowly toward it bring his lightsaber up but still unlit. He had come here for his person. Came to finally finish this.

?Do you really think you can beat me, little Jedi?? The older man jumped down form the outer court wall he had been standing on. ?I did kill our Master you know. And Master Yoda, Windu, Depa and the rest of that worthless Jedi Council of yours. I?ve always wondered what good that Council was for. Well, now I know it wasn?t for fighting.? The older man laughed. ?It was too bad about Qui-Gon. I didn?t want him to die, you know. At least not right away. I wanted him for last. To see all that I had done and make him pay. It?s such a pity that he had to go and jump in front of that blaster bolt like that. And here I thought he didn?t care about you, Kenobi. Ah well, what?s done, done.?

By now, he had enough of the other man. ?Are you here to fight or talk, Xanatos??
    The other laughed again. ?Well, if you feel so strongly about it.? He swept his own saber out and lit it. The blade was red and made Xanatos?s pale skin look like blood. Obi-Wan lit his in response. The white/blue blade was only a small comfort.

They stared at each other for a long moment, each knowing that this was the end. This was a last battle and only one would survive. ^I wouldn?t fail you again, Master. I?ll defeat him, even if I die with him.^

Then they moved together and it had started.
    The Force, as it was everywhere, was in the courtyard. But it had been strong there. A favorite courtyard and outside garden in the Temple, many of the Jedi had visited there to relax, talk, or meditate. It had been a place of peace and Light. But when Xanatos attacked the Temple and Jedi were killed there, the Force turned ugly and Dark. But

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Looks good. I'm not too up on JA stuff, but I think I'll keep tabs on this. Keep it up!

3. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Well here's the next post. Glad to see someone is reading this. I'm trying something new. Hopefully it will work. Thoughts are italicized.

Feed back please.

Qui-Gon Jinn sat patently in a meditative pose. His young Padawan was only a few feet behind him but it could have been kilometers for all the laser barriers between them. He knew that the laser walls would be down soon and then he would be free to fight. But something was telling him to wait.

Wait for his Padawan.

He reached out for the Force as he had done so many times in his life. It flowed through him like always, refreshing him and giving him peace. But he also felt that something was coming. What, he couldn?t tell. But he figured he would find out soon enough. Then time was up and the barrier between him and his opponent was gone and he was free.
    But he didn?t charge forward. Instead he back stepped until he was almost in the middle of the passageway. He felt as much as heard his Padawan running to catch up with him.

Qui-Gon hid a small smile. Though young and full of energy, the young one still had much to learn about fighting. Not for the first time, Qui-Gon wished his last Padawan was here. He had been a skillful fighter. His lightsaber more like an extension of himself then a weapon. Though even in the end he too still had much to learn. He pushed those sad thoughts away though. It did little good to dwell on the past, especially during a battle.

He held off the attacks easily enough, though his opponent was clearly getting mad. Then his Padawan was next to him, his own blue lightsaber helping push back the Sith into the power core. The two Jedi slowly made progressive, only stopping once to let the laser walls cycle through.

Once in the core, the Sith jumped back giving himself more room to move. Qui-Gon moved slightly to the left as his other moved to the right. Together, they moved forward ready to take up the fight once more.

The Force suddenly surged and with a bang and flash of light two more beings joined them. All three warriors were caught off guard and turned toward the newcomers. It took a moment for Qui-Gon to recognize one. But when he did he, Qui-Gon let his shock into the Force. What in the name of Kessel is going on? His hair long and black like always, Xanatos looked older then when he had last seen him, which was some years ago when the dark Jedi had been killed.

Qui-Gon then turned his attention to second person, who also had his lightsaber out and held in defense at Xanatos. He too looked familiar to the Jedi Master. He wore Jedi clothes but they were ripped and stained with both dirt and blood. His hair was grimy and growing out of what looked to be a Padawan haircut. His face looked tired and worn and streaked with dirt. His eyes looked exhausted too. The blue/green seemed dim and dull. It reminded him of when his last Padawan had died. His eyes had looked the same in fact.

The sudden thought struck Qui-Gon with intensity. The eyes. They were the same. No. He felt his heart contract as he sucked in breath. No. It can?t be. It isn?t possible. But it was him.

OBI-WAN?!

Well?

4. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    OOOOoooo INteresting indeed TheSwedishJedi. Most interesting premise. I can't wait to see what happens next. The narrative is very gripping!! Keep it up.

Knight_Obi

5. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Whoa...wait a sec...So Obi's dead in Qui universe and Obi is the only Jedi left in his? [face_shocked] How did I miss this?

6. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    OO! Interesting!

AQ

7. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I actually clicked on this one by accident, but I'm glad I'm did. :) Looking forward to the next part.

8. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Cool story so far Swede! :D Post more please?? *puppy dog eyes*

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    <a huge silly grin plastered on her face> Thanks everyone! Glad you like it. This is kinda cool, being able to post stories for others who are into SW as much as I am. My family and most friends are only casual watchers if at all.
    Anyway, on with the story. I might post more tonight, depending on how bored I am and whether or not I do any of my homework. (School is a very sithy thing.) If not, tomorrow for sure.
    Here you go. And as always, FB welcomed.

Maul was mad before. Now he was furious. All his attempts at killing the Jedi had so far failed. The cursive Jedi Master hadn?t fallen for his trap to fight him alone and was protecting the little brat enough that he couldn?t get any hits in.

Now there were two more, and though neither he had seen before, he knew that he had to deal with them. Not because they had interrupted him, but because of what he felt of them through the Force.

One Light and the other Dark. The Light one burned so bright that Maul wanted to kill him simply to extinguish it from the universe. But the other was what got the Sith?s attention. The Dark Side of the Force flowed through him and Maul hated him for it. He could be a fallen Jedi, but then again he could be another Sith.

He knew that there could only be two Sith at any one time. Any more and it turned into a blood bath. Not that Maul was against that. Oh, no. He thought it was a good way to show who was the stronger. But if his Master had another apprentice, Maul was going to make short work of him.

He turned his back to the two Jedi, not worried that they would attack. He leapt over the pit in the middle of the room and landed near the new comers. Both turned their heads toward him, the ginger haired Jedi eyes widen in shock while the black haired man only silted his eyes.

He was about to start his attack on the older of the two when an idea hit him. When he was finished killing this Sith wannabe he would still have the two Jedi he started with plus one more. Though that one didn?t look like he was in much shape to put up much of a fight. But if he acted like he was on the dark one?s side, together they could take them out, and then he could turn around and kill him. Yes, that was a much better plan.

He turned toward Black Hair and in his low voice, ?I suggest we work together for awhile to finish them off.?

Black Hair snorted and sneered at him. ?What makes you think I need you?re help? This one isn?t much of a problem. Besides, I don?t let the dead help me kill my enemies.?

Maul?s fury rose. ?Then I?ll kill you now.?

?Ha. I?d like to see you try. You couldn?t even beat Kenobi. I?m pretty sure I can take you.?

Kenobi? Who was that?

The other man spoke up for the first time. ?Don?t you ever tire of hearing yourself talk, Xanatos.?

?Never, little Jedi.? Xanatos glanced over Maul?s shoulder and his face went white. Something that was hard to do considering how pale the man already was. ?Then again, you do have a point, Maul. I say teaming up sounds good. For the moment. After that,? He grinned, gaining his composer quickly. ?Well, after that the real fun begins.?

?Very well.? Maul said to his temporary partner. Yes, then the real fun does start. With your death.

With that both dark warriors raised their crimson blades and moved toward the lone Jedi.

10. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    That's right boys.....Gang up on the cute Jedi who hacked one of ya in half........ Did they forget about the other two Jedi in the room?

11. Knight_Obi

Jul 24, 2001
    Wait, I'm confused...

Maul is in the room or whatever it is too? What about Qui? Where is he just now? And how did Xanatos know Maul? And back to the question...Where is Qui now? WOuldn't he want to go and help OBi out??

Maul doesn't know Obi???

Answers please!!!

Knight_Obi

12. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Hehe. Sorry can't say anything yet. You'll just have to keep reading. :D [face_mischief] Qui's just a little shocked at seeing everyone. That's all.
    Here's the next post. And as always, FB.
    Obi-Wan knew he was in trouble. He had been ready and willing to fight Xanatos. Though tired, he was sure he could defeat the man, even if he died doing it. But now with Maul, who he had barely beaten before, he knew he was sunk.

He also knew he wasn?t in the Temple courtyard anymore and that there were two others in the eerily familiar room he now found himself in, however that had happened, but he was too tired to care. He had to keep his attention on the two in front of him and hope to the Force that by some miracle he would beat them. I wouldn?t fail you again, Master.

He took a step backwards, trying to think of someway to pit the two against each other. He had his back to the pit ready to jump over like Maul had done earlier, a strong sense of deja vu hitting him, when he heard an answering voice in his mind.

//You have never failed me, my Padawan.//

Obi-Wan nearly had a heart attack.

As it was, the call came just as he was about to jump. He lost his balance and fell over the edge.

?OBI-WAAANNN!!?

The cry echoed through the core. But Obi-Wan only fell a little ways before he started to rise once more.

The Force.

He breathed. Someone was lifting him with the Force. He concentrated on breathing again as he continued to rise until he was out and placed gently on the ground. He was on the other side now, away from Maul and Xanatos, but he didn?t care. It simply didn?t matter. For the person who was standing in front of him now was the last person he thought he would ever see again.

?Master?? His voice was soft and uncertain. How? Qui-Gon was dead. He had held him as he died. He was sure of it. His gaze flickered down and he did a double take as he spotted the short young boy standing next to the Jedi Master. ?Anakin!?? Now he was really confused. Maybe he had died. Maybe this was the Force. But? he didn?t remember dieing. You would know if you had died, wouldn?t you? ?How??

He never got to ask. He was suddenly pushed out of the way as Qui-Gon brought his lightsaber up to bare. Obi-Wan stumbled to the ground. He turned around and pushed himself up slowly as he watched his once dead Master battle the once dead Sith and hopefully-soon-to-be-dead former Jedi. Anakin joined him and the two fought side by side, protecting Obi-Wan.

The familiarly of the room they were in suddenly hit Obi-Wan. Oh, Force. It was the power core on Naboo. The place were his Master had almost died. Not here. Not again. I can?t watch him get hit again. I wouldn?t be able to save him this time. I don?t have enough energy. No! I can?t let it happen again!

Somehow he had kept his lightsaber and with a cry and a surge of the Force, he joined in the fight.

All four of the fighters looked up in surprise. None had thought that he was able to fight anymore. The older Jedi?s surprise quickly turned to concern. But Obi-Wan didn?t care. He had to stop the two dark ones before any of his loved ones got hurt again.

He attacked first Xanatos, kicking him away then turned to Maul. The Sith was young and much more refreshed then Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan had beaten him before and knew his style. He also knew his weaknesses. He worked quickly though, aware his energy wouldn?t last long. With a few swift stokes the young Knight was able to cut the double-bladed saber in half. With a few more, he was able to push his opponent against the wall.

?Obi-Wan!? The warning was enough for Obi-Wan to turn and move out of the way of Xanatos?s blade. He blocked it then moved back a step. The two Dark Siders once again moved in on him. But this time he had help.
    Qui-Gon and Anakin were suddenly at his sides, both lending him energy. As one, the three started forward. Maul and Xanatos fought hard, but it was becoming painfully obvious to them that they weren?t going to win this round.

Then the laser

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek:

Amazing posts Swede! WHAT HAPPENED?!?! I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Way cool story!

14. Knight_Obi

Jul 24, 2001
    Oh no!!! Obi!!!

Come on Swede, Post SOON!!!! I need to know what happened!! Too many questions!!!

Knight_Obi

15. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Need......more......soon....... 8-}

Seems like poor Obi had a bit of a shock there.... :D

Post more soon!!!!

16. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Alright, the network I'm on is being slow and stupid, os hopefully this will post.
    Not much on Obi in this one, but it might answer some questions.

Enjoy. :) :D

Qui-Gon wearily ran a hand over his face. He had been sitting in the med ward on Naboo for over two days. Going on three now. He shifted slightly in his seat, but had extinguished its comfortably a long time ago. Like ten minutes after I sat down.

The soft beeps and pings that surrounded him had long ago faded into the background, something that he had gotten good at because of all the times he had been at the healers. Mostly for one of his Padawans. But they were a comfort nonetheless. He didn?t want to be alone in silence.

Not that he was really alone. But his company wasn?t in any shape for a conversation.

Or anything else for that matter.

Obi-Wan Kenobi lay in the bed next to the Jedi Master, resting. After having collapsed from exhaustion and hunger, the healers, persuaded by the Queen, had allowed the young man to stay in the med bay to rest and recover. And Qui-Gon had stayed by his side the whole time.

When Qui-Gon had first carried the young man in, everyone wanted to know who he was and where he had come from. Qui-Gon easily supplied them the first question but, with Jedi ease, refrained from the second. Not that he didn?t want people to know, just that he wasn?t sure how to explain that while he and Anakin had been fighting the Sith, one moment it was only them and the next he was there.

The Council had, of course, heard about it and immediately wanted it confirmed. Qui-Gon knew though that this was Obi-Wan Kenobi. Maybe not his Obi-Wan, but it was him. He had felt it in the Force when he had first appeared, when the man had used their old training bond, though Qui-Gon didn?t think it had been on purpose, and later the healers confirmed it when they checked his DNA.

But that didn?t stop Qui-Gon?s many questions.

The main one being where did Obi-Wan (and Xanatos) come from?

The battle ran through Qui-Gon?s head like it had done so many times in the last few days. Obi-Wan falling after Qui-Gon had answered him; he nearly had a heart attack when he disappeared over the edge. He and Anakin using the Force to lift him back up. The look of stunned shock on his face, much like what Qui-Gon had felt when he first realized who he was. Then he had to push the young man aside as Xanatos and the Sith attacked. He still remembered the surprise then concern that turned to wonder when Obi-Wan joined in the battle.

He had always known that his last Padawan was a skillful fighter, but in the power core he was truly amazing. Every move had a purpose behind it; no misused steps, no mistakes. So catch up in the fight though, Qui-Gon never sensed how exhausted Obi-Wan was until he had collapsed. Qui-Gon had done the only thing he could do; he took care of him.

The sound of a door opening brought the Jedi Master back and he turned and offered a small smile to the person who entered. Anakin smiled back as he walked to his Master?s side. The boy had been dividing his time between Qui-Gon and the Queen. Qui-Gon was slightly amused by the boy?s crush on her Highness, but he didn?t say anything about it. His Padawan had been enthusiastic about his attachment to her and Qui-Gon knew that there were some things that had to be taken seriously from the boy.

?Good afternoon, Padawan.?

?Good afternoon, Master.?

The boy looked nervously at Obi-Wan then flicked his eyes back to him.

?Yes, Anakin??

?Um, he will be ok, won?t he, Master sir??

Qui-Gon hid a smile. When he took Anakin as his Padawan, it had taken him almost two months to break him of ?Master Qui-Gon Sir?. But whenever he got nervous or worried, the boy tended to revert to his old ways.

?Yes, he should be fine.? Qui-Gon answered. ?He wasn?t injured badly. Just exhausted.?

Anakin nodded in understa

17. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    LOL on the fan fic part!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

So did Maul kill Obi before Qui and Ani got back to the ship, or was it another mission? Will we get to see a flashback to his "death"?

18. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    After reading red_rose_knight's "An Uncertain Path," it's nice to see a NICE Qui-Gon Jinn again. I've never really liked the guy, and red_rose_knight's story hasn't helped my opinion at all. Up on both stories!
    :D

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    And here is your daily dose.

ApprenticeM ~ yeah, I like that part too. I thought people would really appreciate it. Maul didn't kill Obi. Remember, Maul's never seen him before the power core fight. But, yes you'll find out how he died.
    Seeker2 ~ I know. I'm reading that too, and I'm really getting mad at Qui. And I usually like him.

But on with the story. Beware, Obi-angish.
    Obi-Wan knew that he had felt worst before but at the moment he couldn?t remember when. His whole body ached, the kind from strained muscles that hadn?t been moving for some time. His head throbbed, muffled making it hard to concentrate. He was partially able to stifle another moan.

Slowly, he pulled his mind out of the calm bliss that he had been in for? how long had he been out? Memories flashed by but they weren?t making much sense. One?s where he held Qui-Gon and Anakin as they died were quickly followed by ones where he was fighting next to them against Xanatos and Maul. Was it a dream? They seemed so real. The need to get answers brought him out of unconscious fast.

He flinched at the brightness when he opened his eyes. He quickly closed them again fighting back tears. He felt panic crawl up his spine. Where was he? What had happened? Where was Xanatos? He couldn?t have failed again, could he? He gasped as he tried to calm down. He felt a warm hand on his forehead and the Force flowed through him, helping calm him. A low voice spoke soothing words.

A familiar voice.

But it did nothing to calm him.

?No?? He gasped. This couldn?t be happening. That man was dead. He had held him in his arms. Felt his blood in his hands. Heard his last breath. This was a dream. It had to be.

It was just too good to be true.

??shh, it?s alright Obi-Wan. It?s alright.? The warm voice finally broke its way through his confused thoughts.

?Mmas? He coughed. ?Masser?? He slurred his throat dry. He opened his eyes slowly as his head was lifted slightly and he felt a glass on his lips. He managed a couple sips, the water feeling like cool bliss on his tongue and throat. ?Thank you.? He whispered.

His vision was clearer now but he still couldn?t believe what he was seeing. Qui-Gon Jinn and Anakin Skywalker, alive and well.

?What???

?How are you feeling Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon asked, worry clear in his voice and face.

?I? I?m fine.? He said not sure what was going on. Looking around, he found himself in a med bay. One that was very familiar. ?We?re on? Naboo?? He had been in this hospital too much the last time he had been here.

The Jedi Master nodded.

?What happened??

Qui-Gon signed. ?I?m not all that sure of it myself.?

?Is this real?? He asked suddenly. Qui-Gon frowned at him, puzzled.

?Yes. This is real.?

?But? how? You?re? you died. I saw you.? The Knight shook his head. ?I don?t understand.?

?Like I said, Obi-Wan, I don?t understand it either.? Qui-Gon replied disturbed by what the young man had said. ?Why don?t you tell me what you remember.?

?Alright.? Obi-Wan said softly. He pulled himself up so he was sitting before he started talking.

He ran through the mission to Naboo, how Qui-Gon had been hit but Obi-Wan had been able to heal it enough for the Master to live. After they had returned to the Temple, Obi-Wan had been knighted and Qui-Gon took Anakin as his Padawan. He briefly went over the next couple of months. He and Qui-Gon hadn?t been on the best of terms for a while, over what happened in the Council about Anakin. But they finally worked it out.

Then Xanatos appeared.

?It all happened at once.? Obi-Wan paused to drink more water. His throat was still pretty dry. ?But he didn?t start with the Jedi. He killed Chancellor Palpatine first. Why? I?m not sure. Maybe to keep the Republic from coming to our aid. Anyway, he hired mercenaries. They stormed the Temple. We didn?t have much warning. We fought as best we could, but there were too many. It went on for over a week.?

He stopped to gather his quickly diminishing control. He ran a hand over his

20. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Oh man...Qui died protecting Obi? :( No wonder the boy felt so bad! And then Ani died..... So will Qui tell Obi how he died? Cause that's gotta be something you never thought you'd hear.......

21. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Lovely story, I am looking forward to more.

JediCandy

(must find out how Obi died....must find out how Obi died.......<<<oh, I'm not obsessing....much>>>>>>)

22. Knight_Obi

Jul 24, 2001
    OOOooo cool Swede!!

Hmm..so Qui died trying to save Obi?? Awww...no wonder Obi feels so guilty!! WIll we have flashbacks of what happened? I'd love to see more Obi angst :)

Hmm..wonder what kind of trouble Maul and Xanatos will stir up.

And don't worry Swede, I understand your pain. Mesa got lots of tests coming up too
    :(

Knight_Obi

23. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    LOL, I guess there are a lot of us reading An Uncertain Path. I love both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan so it's hard to read Qui-Gon acting less than Jedi like, but I'm holding in there cuz I'm sure RRK will pull it all together in the end. (I hope) Besides, I just love all that angst. ;)

Poor Obi, what a tough time he's had, and he still hasn't gotten to the part where Ani dies. I can't see why Xanatos killed Palpatine, was he a good guy there and not a Sith or... hmmm, starting to get an idea. And I can't wait to find out what happened to this universe's Obi. :)

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Amazing posts Swede! :D Oh gosh darn it I'm crying again! Poor Obi! :eek: No wonder he was so upset.

Want more, a lot more, very soon! ;)

25. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Hey all. I'm back. Finally done with my mid-terms (for now)and ready to post again. :D
    I'll have the next one up in few minutes.

I'm listening to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack and Ewan has such a great voice. [face_love] [face_love] SO, it might take longer 'cause I'm singing with it. [face_mischief]
    K, I'll got on it on with it before a mob starts. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.