main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Being a Friend (Very short JA story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I just kinda wrote this yesteday based on a personal experience. It's actually not meant to be a posted story, but I thought I would go ahead and as least post it here.

TITLE: Being a Friend
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid
    E-MAIL: hlnkid@aol.com
    RATING: G
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM, non-slash. (Obi is 17) Obi-Wan feels ignored.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

==============
    Being a Friend
    ==============

?Master, he won?t he even say hi to me or acknowledge me anymore. We used to talk about everything. Now, it?s like I don?t exist.?

?You have to give him time padawan. Taj will come around eventually. I just think he?s having a hard time dealing with all that?s happened on in the last six months or so. His illness and his masters illness. The death his friend Jelan. Long and demanding missions. This life takes its toll on everyone and some handle it better than others. I think Taj is just worn out and he needs a break from all this.?

?It hurts that he won?t talk to me. Have I done something wrong to make him angry with me? Can I do anything to make this up to him??

?I doubt that you had anything to do with this. But, yes there is something you can do.?

?What?s that master??

?Remain supportive and be there for him when he comes around.?

?I can do that, but that doesn?t make my pain go away. I feel like I?ve been abandoned by my best friend. Doesn?t he realize how hurtful this is to me??

?I am sure he does padawan, but he has to deal with himself right now. That?s what?s most important. His own well-being. If it will make you feel any better, I will speak to his master and ask how Taj is. Okay??

?Yes master, I would appreciate that. I want to make sure he?s okay, even if he doesn?t want to talk to me right now. I am still his friend and I?m worried about him.?

?You are a good friend Obi-Wan. I know he?ll be pleased to know that he has a friend who is so supportive.?

?I wish I could do something else for him.?

?Give him space and time. That?s what he needs more than anything. Okay??

?Yes master, I can do that.?

?Good. Now, let?s you and I get to our meeting with Master Yoda before we are late, and he ends up lecturing me on the importance of timeliness when training a padawan.?

?Yes master.?

END

2. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  3. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    That was good.

Liked Qui's last line. :D

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :) Short but sweet. Very nice OTK :)

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks for reading guys!!!! :)

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I know exactly how Obi felt in this

It very very short but very nice all the same Obi the kid. :)

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Cow Girl! Appreciate you reading!

8. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    :( that was sad, but good! :)

9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Yeah, a little sad! Thanks!!!!!!

10. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I too know how Obi feels in this story. I liked it OTK, you did a good job, without making it overly gushy.

Shaden

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hi Shaden! Thanks for reading. Yeah, didnt want to go the gushy route with this one! Just wanted to get Obi's feeling across because they mirrored my own in this situation. THANKS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.