main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Alternate Duel of the Fates

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Xen, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    My first fan fic that I'm posting. Much thanks to Jedi Merkurian for giving me the idea.

Part 1: Anakins fate

Anakin stood before the Jedi Council again, this time with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon at his side. This meeting would be different than the last, this meeting would decide his fate as a Jedi.

Leaning back in his chair Mace Windu broke the silence "The force is strong with him."

Qui-Gon folded his arms, sure that the council was about to grant him permission to train Anakin. "He is to be trained then?"

Cocking his head slightly Mace looked Qui-Gon firmly in the eye "No he is not to be trained."

Throwing his arms down in frustration "He is the chosen one! Surely you must see this?" Qui-Gon questioned in his typical rebellious nature.

Yoda's frustration spoke out "Clouded this boys future is."

"Very well, I shall take Anakin as my Padawan learner." Qui-Gon stepped forward placing his hands on Anakins shoulder. Sensing the hurt from Obi-Wan he glanced over at his apprentice.

Shocked Yoda reprimanded the Jedi Master "An apprentice you have Qui-Gon impossible to take a second."

"The Code forbids it." Mace agreed.

Looking over to Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon took a chance knowing it was a long shot, still he felt what he was about to say is true. "Obi-Wan is ready for the trials."

Obi-Wan stepped forward with eagerness "I am ready"

Feeling the need to further justify his beliefs Qui-Gon spoke on behalf of Obi-Wan. "He is headstrong and has much to learn of the living force, but he is capable. There is little more he can learn from me."
    Once again Obi-Wan gave his master a hurtful look, this time Qui-Gon didn't bother to face his apprentice.

Growing tired of Qui-Gon's defiance Yoda started to speak up against Qui-Gon's decision. Feeling his peers stare at him in agreeing with Qui-Gon, Yoda calmly sighed "Face the trials Obi-Wan shall. If he succeeds a Jedi Knight he will become."

A victory came over Qui-Gon, he knew Anakin was the chosen one, and he knew Obi-Wan could pass the trials, once again he spoke of training Anakin. "Very well, then I will take Anakin as my Padawan-."

Mace interrupted "Now is not the time for this, the Senate is electing a new Chancellor and the Queen is returning to Naboo. Which could heighten the situation."

"And draw out the Queen's attacker." Ki-Adi who had been silent so far reminded Qui-Gon.

"Qui-Gon you and I will go to Naboo with the Queen, this could be the clue we need to unravel the mystery of the Sith." Mace stood from his chair and approached Qui-Gon.

Yoda too stood. "May the force be with you."

Anakin and the Jedi trio bowed and left the Council chamber.

A few hours later Anakin, Jar-Jar, Mace and Qui-Gon stood on the landing platform waiting for Queen Amidala to arrive from Senator Palpatine's quarters. Mace locked himself in conversation with Jar Jar, finding the Gungan amusing and annoying at the same time. Anakin was studying Artoo, the youngster had taken a liking to the droid, as had the droid to him. Qui-Gon watched Anakin with a slightly amused look, though he had brought up apprentices before and been like a father to them, there was something different about Anakin, even more his mother.

The Queens taxi arrived at the platform Qui-Gon greeted her. "Your highness it is my honor to serve and protect you, Obi-Wan won't join me on this trip, this is Mace Windu he will join us on this trip."

Mace bowed "Your highness it is a pleasure to meet you atlast."

Amidala smiled "The honor is mine Master Windu." she eyed both Jedi, "I welcome your help, and I am grateful for it." Boarding her ship, the Queen gave Anakin a smile.

Mace put a hand on Jar Jar's shoulder "So tell me what do Gungan's call a Bantha Burger." He led the Gungan onto the ship speaking what Jar Jar found as important talk.

Qui-Gon looked to Anakin "Come on Ani." Slowly approaching Anakin looked up at Qui-Gon "Qui-Gon sir I don't want to be a problem."

Smiling Qui-Gon knelt to face the youngster "You wo

2. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    I hope people liked it. More to come.

3. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Hey, this looks good so far. Just one thing, Obi-Wan's going to be in this more, right? Hope so. :D

I'll keep an eye on this one.

~Swede :p

4. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    Yeah I can't take Obi-Wan out of his role of a major player in the things to come.

5. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    up. you must not kill off Mace Windu !!!!.....ahem, sorry for that outburst. Please?

6. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Post?

Please?

~Swede :)

7. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Yousa better post soon.

And don't you dare kick Obi out or I will kill you. only joking. But still. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.