main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Time for Reflection (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Nov 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    TITLE: Time for Reflection
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: G
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM, non-slash. (Obi-Wan is 17) Qui-Gon POV as he reflects during a flight from one mission to another.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

===================
    Time for Reflection
    ===================

Everything is quiet now. The hostile and annoyingly loud world of Gornun is behind us. I have never been so relieved for a mission to end, nor have I ever been so grateful to get away from a planet. For the last two weeks my apprentice and I have been in the middle of an angry dispute between three political parties. We left when all efforts had been exhausted and we felt that our presence was no longer welcomed. The Council will take things from here. Obi-Wan and I are heading to Relefar, for what should be a more peaceful mission. For now, we have a day-long journey ahead of us and it involves as much rest as possible.

I found Obi-Wan flaked out on the couch. He hadn't even enough energy to make it to his small bedroom at the rear of the ship. He's lying on his stomach, one arm hanging off the side, the other tucked under his chest. His breathing is quiet and he is, for now, at peace. I suppose I should take pity on the poor boy and find him a blanket.

It's amazing, on such a tiny ship, how easy it is for one to lose things. I know there was a blanket here when we left Coruscant. It seems to have vanished. My robe will have to do. I gently lie it over my slumbering apprentice, and watch as he stirs for a moment. Then he quiets once more. I don't recall ever seeing him this overwhelmed by fatigue. This particular mission was one of our most trying, mostly on a emotional and mental level, but that does indeed take a great deal out of one's physical state as well. I am proud of the way he handled himself during these past weeks. He held up better than I ever expected. I have to remember, he is still a boy. Just turning seventeen. There is so much potential there, but he's so young. Sometimes I forget how much growing he has yet to do. There is a strength about him that is much like that of my own.

But that strength has given out. He's sinking into a hard, deep sleep. Just what he needs actually. What we both need. I have chosen to forego sleep, and achieve my rest through meditation. For me, it's sometimes more relaxing. And with no apprentice to keep occupied, it's the perfect time.

Planting myself next to the couch, I find my meditative state easily and for the next couple hours, I am content and relaxed. When I finally open my eyes, I find that Obi-Wan has shifted his position on the couch. He's now lying on his back, his face turned into a cushion, and buried there. One arm still hangs off the side, the other across his mid-section. He snores softly. The growing padawan braid, hidden behind his neck. This is the same boy who's goal in life is to run me ragged? The same student who, when he's in the mood, is able to throw out a flood questions and inquiries that can actually drive Master Yoda to the edge? Now look at him. So innocent. So peaceful. He's like a different person.

Peaceful? There's a word that I would never normally apply to Obi-Wan.

It's been about five years now that he's spent with me. We certainly had a shaky beginning, and I think there was a time when we both questioned our decision to be master and apprentice. Now that I have time to reflect, I know that I made the right choice. After the failure that was Xanatos, I would have never expected someone like Obi-Wan to come along. So willing to learn, and so devoted to his training an

2. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow. I really liked that story. The whole "Lemme alone." bit was hilarious. Very well done.

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    That was really funny!!! And It does make you wonder if Qui-Gon had a vision of Maul.

4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    That was really funny!!! And It does make you wonder if Qui-Gon had a vision of Maul.

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hi guys! Thanks! I thought this story needed a touch of humor in there! Thanks for reading!!!!!!!

Obi

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    He He :)
    If Qui really wanted to annoy obi when he was sleeping hwat he should ahve done was gotten a glass of warm water....

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Loved this OTK :)

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Ginger and Cow-Girl. Hmmm, warm water huh? You might give me ideas with comments like that! hehehe! I'll have to write that down! :)

9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    UP we goooo!

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.