main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW: I Miss You (3yrs post-TPM, Obi remembers Qui)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Jul 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000

Okay guys, here is my latest Fic, hope you like it.

Title: I Miss You (Thanks to singer Randy Newman for the title)
    Author: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    Rating: G
    Archive: Sure, why not, just drop me an e-mail.
    Summary: 3 yrs post-TPM, Obi?s POV as he remembers his master.
    Disclaimer: As usual, Qui and Obi belong to George, and I make zero dollars from this.
    =========================
    I Miss You

I shouldn?t dwell on the past. You always told me to keep my focus on the hear and now, where it belongs. I can?t help these things, these feelings of loss. There is such a void in my life.

I miss you.

Anakin is doing well; he?s grown quite a bit in the three years since your passing. He asks about you constantly, wanting to know every tiny piece that was Qui-Gon Jinn.

I share what memories I can with him. There some that I cannot speak of, they are much too emotional for me. And I fear not being able to tell them without losing myself. They are too painful, and those will continue to remain hidden from him.

It?s funny; I remember these periods in my life and have come to realize how much I miss the little things about you.

I miss your advice, even when I thought I knew all there was to know and couldn?t possibly benefit from what you had to say. I was a bit cocky at times wasn?t I ?

I miss the compassion you possessed for all living things. How many pathetic life forms did we pick up during our years of traveling from planet to planet? I lost count a long time ago. I laughed then, questioning your uncanny ability to see the good in everyone and everything. Now, I see that your actions spoke volumes about the man you were. You taught me to respect all life, and for that, I am forever grateful.

I miss our saber sparring sessions. You were always prepared to teach me something new. I defeated you a few times, though, you never would admit to it. But I saw that look of pride in your eyes on those rare occasions when I just happened to best the greatest swordsman in the Jedi Order.

I miss your legendary stubbornness and defiance when dealing with the council. I didn?t understand it then, I do today. They tell me how much of you they see in me, my actions, my opinions. I take that as a compliment and feel nothing but pride when they speak the words. Your legacy still carries me. It always will.

I miss your voice. I?d do anything to hear its soothing tone one last time. To ease my fears and calm my soul.

I miss your guidance. Do you know what?s it?s like to need a friendly face to look to for help, then turning around to find that person always there. Never once did you turn your back on me when I was sick or injured or just needed a shoulder to lean on, to cry on.

Most of all, I miss your physical presence in my life. I will never forget the comfort of the hand you would place on my shoulder. Just that simple contact was enough to give me the strength and confidence to do anything. I felt safe with you, nothing could hurt me so long as I stood by your side.

I miss you.

Your lightsaber still hangs on my belt. I have built one of my own, but haven?t yet been able to let yours go. Is that childish ? Is it unhealthy for me to hold onto the past ? Perhaps, but it gives me a feeling of home, of family. It?s all I have left of you, providing the strength I need to continue my journey. It reminds me of my training and of the role you took in shaping my life.

I wish you were here to see what I?ve become. To see how well Anakin is progressing. You?d be proud, I know you would.

Sometimes I think I feel you near. I wonder if it really is you or just my imagination and hopefulness getting the best of me. Are you watching over me as you promised you would ?

I should go now. Anakin will be home soon from classes and I promised him that I would tell him the story of our trip to Tikus IV. You remember that mission, when you tried to ?fit in?, had a few too many drinks and ended up with a 3-day hangover. I warned you about drinking that

2. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    doobie, doobie, doo....

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You write the most amazing 'shorties'. Full of incredible warmth and depth. I just love them. Keep it up!!!

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    awww, thanks HL, I've tried drafted up longer stories, but they tend to wander to much, so I thought I keep to the "shorts" for now. Thanks so much for letting me know what ya think. You don't know how much I appreciate it!!!

Obi the Kid

5. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    That was great, Obi the kid. My mother likes it as well and she doesn't even like SW very much. I agree with Healer Leona, you do write the best stories.

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Cool, Thanks Neon, so Mom's a fan too. Now if we can just get into liking Star Wars !!! :)

Obi the Kid

7. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *sniff* Raises glass...

TO Qui-Gon!

*Starts balling*

Sorry...I get emotional with these things. Great Job! Very Very Well written.

Yousa do good thing!

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    LOL !!! Cheers and thanks Renton.

9. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    that was great as usual. I (and I'm sure others) would LOVE to hear more about the 3-day hangover. And Qui-Gon whining?!? It would b great if you could write a fic about it! (hint hint!!!)

10. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    *Sniff* That was great! *Sniff*

11. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I like it, I like it.

12. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    That was just beautiful...

13. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Beautiful! Just Beuatiful

14. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999

"I've tried drafted up longer stories, but they tend to wander to much, "

Tell me about it. Same problem. Maybe I should try a "shorty"

Beautiful work, a pleasure to read. Looking forward to more of your short pieces (or longer ones.) Excellent. --AWK

15. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    I loved that story. It was just so cool. I can't think of any better way to put it, it was just great. I loved it so much. Please write something else soon.

Jedi McGregor's girl

16. Jedi Shali

Jedi Shali Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2000
    very, very touching.

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys for the feedback, it helps inspire me to write more. I'll have to work on a story about that mission to Tikus IV, several people have asked for that...it'll take some thinking though...

In the meantime, for everyone who didn't get a chance to check out my other stories, here are the addresses for them. Please let me know what you think. They are all short stories.

Thanks!! Obi the Kid

For a Short Time More (my first ever fic)
    http://boards.theforce.net/message_flat.asp?topic=221913&start=221921#221921

Beyond the Shadow (2nd fic)
    http://boards.theforce.net/message_flat.asp?topic=222669&start=222670#222670

Loss of a Friend
    http://boards.theforce.net/message_flat.asp?topic=456805&start=461436#461436

Bant's Gift (sequel to Loss)
    http://boards.theforce.net/message_flat.asp?topic=456805&replies=5

The Blue Banana (humor, my very odd fic)
    http://boards.theforce.net/message_flat.asp?topic=466074&start=469721#469721

See ya......

18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    get back there...to the top !!!

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    uppers !!!

20. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    You write great stuff Obi the Kid. I am going to go check out those other stories of yours. Keep up the great work.

Jedi McGregor's girl

21. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    This is a really touching story. I will definitely check out your other stories and I would also love to hear more about Qui-Gon's hangover and whining.

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    The story about the mission to Tikus IV has been drafted. I need to do some editing and such, and may have it posted by the end of this week.

Wow !! I made 2 pages !! Thanks guys !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.