main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reclaiming A Jedi's Destiny (Au, Obi , Qui)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by OBI_JEDI, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I know I shouldn?t be writing another fic considering I haven?t finished my other one yet, but I can?t help it. If you guys have any suggestion for a title I?d love to hear them. The title at the moment is only temporary.

Title: What is my destiny?
    Author: OBI_JEDI
    Time: Obi-Wan Kenobi is 27.
    Thing you should know: Qui-Gon Jinn survived episode 1 and Anakin is Qui-Gon?s apprentice.

You know the drill about the characters.

//= thoughts

Ok 1st post.

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood in the middle of the Council chamber. His former master Qui-Gon Jinn and Qui-Gon?s apprentice Anakin Skywalker stood next to him. Obi-Wan had been summoned for no reason at all. This made Obi-Wan a little worried.

?Talking about you we have Knight Kenobi.? Yoda?s expression was not pleasant. That gave the young knight a chill down his spine. ?Discussing your actions over the last two years. We have come to a conclusion.? Obi-Wan was stunned at the ancient Jedi master?s words. // What actions over the last two years? I?ve only been on two missions. //

?What have you concluded my masters?? Obi-Wan was hoping his worst fear wasn?t going to come true. Mace Windu gave Qui-Gon a look that held sorrow, sadness and a bit of asking for forgiveness. // What for? // Qui-Gon wondered.

?We have concluded.? Mace started. ?That Knight Kenobi is not fit to be a Jedi any longer. You have one hour to pack your things, hand in your lightsaber and leave the Temple.?

Obi-Wan was dumbfounded ? What have I done that deserve me to be thrown out of the order.? His voice came out harsher then he wanted. In only a matter of minutes Obi-Wan?s world fell to pieces.

Obi-Wan walked back to his quarters at an extremely fast pace. ? Obi-Wan wait up.? Obi-Wan turned to see Qui-Gon chasing after him. ?What can I do for you Qui-Gon?? Qui-Gon looked at him with surprise. ?What happened to Master Jinn??

?There is no need. I?m no longer a?a Jedi Knight.? Obi-Wan?s voice broke as he spoke the words he dreaded so much. ?But I do wish you well with Anakin Qui-Gon. I really do.?

A faint smile came over Qui-Gon?s features as he wrapped his large arms around the smaller man. ?Thankyou Obi-Wan. I will miss you greatly.?

?I?ll miss you too.? As Obi-Wan walked away he whispered ?Good bye father and may the force be with you.? under his breath.

Qui-Gon heard his former apprentice say something as he walked away. Qui-Gon used the force to hear what Obi-Wan was saying. Qui-Gon stopped in mid step. Obi-Wan?s words had shocked him. His mind was telling him to go back to Obi-Wan and wouldn?t let him do otherwise. Qui-Gon took a deep breath and turned around. He was never good at proper good-byes. He knew he had to stop this from happening. Stop Obi-Wan leaving the Temple and his life. Qui-Gon ran as fast as he could to reach Obi-Wan. As he turned the corner he saw Obi-Wan enter his quarters.

Obi-Wan stepped into his quarters. He didn?t feel at home in them like he did in his old master?s quarters. It had been this way for a while now. He looked around. His eyes resting on the spear room. // I never got to take a padawan. // Obi-Wan was about to walk to his room when the door buzzed. // Who could that be? // ?Come in.? Obi-Wan looked to see who was coming in. No one came through. All of a sudden Qui-Gon walked through the door and ran over to Obi-Wan. He had tears in his eyes, ?I?m not letting you go Obi-Wan. You are my son and my strength. If you go, I go.?

Obi-Wan buried his face into Qui-Gon?s shoulder and wept. He didn?t know he was capable of crying so much. ?You??.You can?t come with me. The order still needs you. Anakin still needs you. You will always be with me Qui-Gon. I?..I love you father.? Obi-Wan cried more and more. Eventually Obi-Wan pulled away. The two grown men looked at each other. Qui-Gon raised one hand and cupped Obi-Wan?s cheek. Then he lent forward and kissed him on the forehead.

?Wait here for a second.? Obi-Wan instructed Qui-Gon. He ran into his room, grabbed something and came back out. ?I want you to have this.?

Qui-Gon thou

2. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ahhhhhhh! What is the Council smoking???? What did Obi do???? I need answers!!! Aww... Poor Obi...

More soon please! :)

3. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    :eek:

Why is the Council kicking Obi out? :mad: What did he do? The Council is a bunch of stuck up pumpus... grrr. Stupid Council.

~Swede :p

4. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    Thanks guys. Um any suggestions for a good title?

5. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Hmm, I don't know yet. Need more of the story to come up with something.

6. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    If you say so Swede
    --------------------------

Painful memories came to Obi-Wan as he looked through his cupboards. Memories of being Qui-Gon?s apprentice and of his childhood days at the Temple. Qui-Gon placed a comforting hand on his former apprentices shoulder. ?You will always be a Jedi Obi-Wan and no one can take that from you. Not even the council.?

* 20 minutes later *

Obi-Wan stood on the landing platform. He gazed at the magnificent structure of the Jedi Temple. A long breath came. In front of him stood the council. But to one side stood Qui-Gon and Anakin. Obi-Wan had said a short good bye to Anakin. Nothing to emotional. Since he really wasn?t fond of him, but still he said good bye. Obi-Wan glanced at Qui-Gon and smiled. The Jedi master responded with his own warm smile.

Obi-Wan bowed to the council. His lightsaber-well Qui-Gon?s lightsaber-almost fell out of his tunic. He knew he shouldn?t have it, but it was what made him feel safe. He blushed as he turned back to Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon pulled back his cape to reveal the lightsaber Obi-Wan had given him. It glissaded in the dull light.

Obi-Wan turned around to watch the beautiful sunset. His heart ached with pain, but he held back the tears as hard as he could. He would not cry in front of the Jedi council and Qui-Gon. The air taxi awaited him.

Obi-Wan got into the air taxi and sat back. He still couldn?t believe this was happening. The taxi took off. Leaving Obi-Wan?s old life behind. His life as a worrier, as a guardian of the peace and as a Jedi.

* two days later *

Qui-Gon walked back to his and Anakin?s quarters. ?Master. Wait up. Your going to fast.? Qui-Gon turned to see his padawan trying to keep up with his long stride and fast pace. ?Sorry padawan. I?m worried about..?

?Obi-Wan? Anakin butted in.

?Yes.? Qui-Gon looked at his apprentice with a slight smile. ?I must talk to the council. You go back to our quarters and get some sleep.?

?Yes Master? Anakin started to run down the hall when Qui-Gon stopped him. ?That means sleep Anakin. Not play PS2, not go on the Internet. SLEEP.?

?What do you take me for master. A sneaky little boy?? Anakin started running down the hall again. ?Most of the time padawan, most of the time.? Qui-Gon yelled after him.

Qui-Gon reached the council chamber, but he was not allowed in. He paced the hall in frustration. Then a familiar came from behind him ?Careful Qui-Gon you might wear down the carpet.? Qui-Gon turned to see Mace Windu looking him. ?You can come in now Qui-Gon.?

Qui-Gon took his place in the centre of the chamber. Yoda spoke first, ?Come to talk about you former apprentice you have Qui-Gon.?

?Yes my masters? Qui-Gon kept a steady voice, but it was hard. ?I wish to know what he had done to deserve him to be thrown out of the order?? He stood tall, but appearances can be deceiving. Qui-Gon hurtted inside just speaking Obi-Wan?s name.

Plo-Koon lent forward. ?On Obi-Wan?s last mission he had killed three innocent people. The trip to the planet Kakree had been one the council will never forget.? Qui-Gon was deep in thought. That?s when it hit him.

?My masters Obi-Wan never went on a mission to a planet called Kakree. The last mission he went on was to the outer rim territories for a peace talk. Kakree is one of the planets in the centre of the republic.? Qui-Gon thought he had done it. He had brang Obi-Wan back into the order.

Mace looked at Qui-Gon without hope. ?The bodies were found with Obi-Wan's DNA on them.? Qui-Gon collapsed to his knees. He knew in his heart that Obi-Wan didn?t do anything wrong. He had to prove it to the council.
    ----------------------------------------

Please. I'm begging for suggestions for a goos title.

7. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Oh, so it's a mystery? Cool.

Hmm, title... Oh, I'm never good at these either. With the first post I was going with "Shattered" but know I don't know.

~Swede :p

8. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    ok. Well I'll write the next part and see what you come up with.

But it wont be up until. Tomorrow or the next day.

9. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    May I make a suggestion? Instead of saying that Anakin shouldn't play PS2, try holo-vids. For internet, try holonet or something. PS2 and internet sounds too Earthy!

Anyways, How dare the Council think that Obi killed three innocent people?!

More soon please! :D

10. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    Thanks for the advice KenobisGirl. :)

As for Obi......... I'm not giving any spoilers. Sorry.

11. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Great start this could be an interesting story. :)

Can't wait to see the next part.

12. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    Ok. I'm on my knees begging for poeple to help my with a title.

Well while you think here's the next part.
    -----------------------
    Mace came up next to him. ?Qui-Gon let it out. I know its heard for you, but still Obi-Wan killed three innocent people. We have the proof Qui-Gon. You must let go of Obi-Wan and concentrate on Anakin.? Qui-Gon turned to look at the Jedi master. Qui-Gon?s words were full of hate; anger and everything else a Jedi is not suppose to feel ? I can?t let go Mace. Obi-Wan is my son. Nothing in the force could change that.? Qui-Gon got up and started to walk out of the council chamber. Just before he left he turned ?Please excuse my behaviour masters.? With that Qui-Gon returned to his quarters.

As he entered he noticed the other room. Obi-Wan?s old room now Anakin?s room. His heart felt heavy. He had to sit down. // Where is my Obi-Wan? How could I have let this happen? // Qui-Gon lost all control he had. He broke down into tears for the first time since he had been Anakin?s master.

Qui-Gon went through the many memories he and his former apprentice shared. The last memory was the one at the end of Obi-Wan?s trials. When they broke the bond that made them master and apprentice. Qui-Gon sat up. The bond was never fully shattered. He never told the council. He was surprised that the council didn?t sense it. Obi-Wan could always talk to him telepathically. This proved most helpful since he was always getting into trouble.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes. He concentrated where Obi-Wan?s force signature used to be. Well still was there. Faintly. //Obi-Wan can you hear me? Son please answer. // Qui-Gon waited for what seemed like an eternity.

Obi-Wan sat in an old hotel room. He was tiered, but didn?t dare fall asleep. Something about this place told him to stay awake. // At least the council got me a place to stay. // Obi-Wan?s thoughts started to wonder. The council words stuck in his mind never the less. Things were tensing in the room. Obi-Wan started to breathe faster and faster. Then all of a sudden a voice came in side Obi-Wan?s mind // Obi-Wan can you hear me? Son please answer. //

Obi-Wan almost had a heart attack. The voice sounded familiar // M?Master. Is that you? Is it really you? //

//Yes it is. // Qui-Gon said relieved.

Obi-Wan broke down into sobs, but Qui-Gon wasn?t there to wipe his tears away. He would never be there to wipe Obi-Wan?s tears away. Obi-Wan could keep his feelings under control. Neither could Qui-Gon.

? Master are you alright?? A voice behind Qui-Gon pulled him out of his mediative state. He turned to look behind him, thou he already knew who?s voice it was. ?Yes Anakin I am fine. I was just meditating.?

? Ok, but you were mumbling words like ?I miss you? and stuff. Are you sure your ok.? Anakin looked at his master with concern. Qui-Gon got up and placed a hand on Anakin?s shoulder, ?I am fine Ani. Don?t you have to go to classes.?

Anakin looked at him puzzled, ?Master its 9:30 at night. Classes stopped three and a half hours ago.? Qui-Gon looked at the clock than shook his head. ?You should be in bed Anakin Skywalker.? Anakin gave a small smile and went to bed.

// Master whats happening? Talk to me. // Obi-Wan was growing impatent. His former master was not responding. Horrible thoughts ticked away at Obi-Wan?s mind.
    --------------------------

I'm open to any suggestions.

13. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Sorry, that I can't really help you with a title, but I would like to say tah tthe story is really good and I hope that the next part is up really soon :)

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    How about"Reclaiming A Jedis Destiny". I mean surely QGJ will have to help Obi be found innocent of those stupid charges that the council has leveled against him.PEACE Ewen

15. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    thanks ewan. Thats a great title

16. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    like the new title

17. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Good. We have a title.

Now how about a post?

18. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    Um yeah sur ok. Just 1 little problem.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE TITLE ON THE SUBJECT PAGE.

Could somebody please tell me. I would be very very very greatful.

As for the post. Its coming....soon.

19. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001

// Come on Kenobi get a grip. He?s fine. // Obi-Wan thought to himself. Obi-Wan got up and made his way to the small kitchen. He opened the cupboards. ?Great Nothing.? He said to himself. He turned to see a small note from Palpatine on the tiny caf table. Obi-Wan shook his head and picked up the note while whispering ?They think a note will help me.? As he opened it 2 000 republic credits fell out. Obi-Wan stared at the pile of money on the floor. He lifted his head and started to read the note

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    As you already know. You have been ordered to leave the Jedi order. If you fail to comply we will use what ever force necessary to make sure that you do.
    If you would like to know the reasons for your dismissal please contact Jedi Master Mace Windu or Jedi Master Yoda. They will be happy to answer any of your questions.
    As something to help you along this first part of your new way of life we have given you 2 000 republic credits. We hope that you will hold no grudges against the Senate and the Jedi Council. We had talked about this together and we all agreed on this course of action.
    All the hope in the galaxy is with you and so is the force.
    Yours sincerely
    Chancellor Palpatine

Obi-Wan was gripping the letter so tightly that it shattered. He fell to his knees and started to cry. ?All the hope in the galaxy is with me.? Obi-Wan said the words over and over. Each time they grew more and more bitter in his mouth. A dark force was beginning to rise with in the former Jedi. And he let it, not knowing what he was doing.

Qui-Gon paced back and forth in the common area of his and Anakin?s living quarters. Something was ticking in the back of his mind. The force was telling him to get out of the Temple. Find his son. // Where would I start looking? There are a billion hotels, motels and flats where he could be. // Qui-Gon looked at the far end of the quarters ?10:00?.

Qui-Gon paced for half an hour. Thoughts racing through his mind. Finally he came to a conclusion. He will inform the council in the morning. He and Ani were going to search for Obi-Wan. They will leave in the middle of the night and inform the council by com-link or a holo-message. Qui-Gon let Anakin sleep for another hour. He went to his room and packed all the supplies he and his apprentice would require.

Obi-Wan got up off the floor. His eyes had changed from a warm light blue, to an icy cold blue. Obi-Wan walked out of the door grabbing his cape
    ----------------
    sorry its really short. I'll post again tomorrow.

20. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor Obi!!!!!! :_|

More soon please! :D

If you want to change the title in the subject line, go to your first post and edit the subject with the new title. :)

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I am really loving this story.It is just too bad that QGJ couldn't leave the little brat at home.I can tolerate thinking of Anakin as Hayden,but I get ill when of think of Jake as Anakin.PEACE Ewen

22. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    I agree with you ewan. I can't stand Anakin as Jake, but as Hayden....well I can put up with him for a while.

It was a stormy night on Coruscant. Though no rain was falling, lighting struck and thunder came and went. Obi-Wan walked the dark streets of the second quadrant. Drug addicts were to his left, women selling their bodies to his right. Crime everywhere. Yet he didn?t pay the slightest attention to them.

?Hey dude.? A voice called out from behind him. Obi-Wan just kept walking. The voice called to him again, ?Hey Jedi looking guy. I?m talking to you. Answer me.? Obi-Wan stopped. With out turning around he answered the person who was trying to get his attention, ?What.? He snapped.

?You want some death sticks. It?s the latest drug.?

Obi-Wan turned and looked at the person behind him. To his surprise it was a young girl. No more than about 16 Obi-Wan guessed. She was dressed in black boots that went just below her knees. A short navy blue skirt with four buckles on one side holding it together. A sand coloured top that was just a few centimetres above her belly button, well that?s what he thought it was. Her jacket though looked very unusual. It changed colour with the light. It was red, then green, then blue, then black.

?I don?t take drugs.? Obi-Wan said toning his voice down a bit. He moved closer to the young girl. Obi-Wan glazed into her eyes. He was surprised that she didn?t back away. She didn?t even show any signs of fear.

She raised one hand and placed it on Obi-Wan?s cheek, ?Your eyes have no warmth in them, no love. Why??

Obi-Wan stared coldly at the girl, ?Why do you want to know?? Obi-Wan asked grabbing the girl and holding her firmly to his body. He wrapped his arms around her. She was terrifyingly cold. Obi-Wan quickly whirled around and pinned her to the ground. ?Stay here? he instructed her.

Several blaster fires came from one direction. The were all heading towards Obi-Wan and the girl. Obi-Wan dodged each and every one of them. A blaster shot. It headed straight for the girl. Obi-Wan panicked for a second. His hand fell to his hip. Something touched his hand. Obi-Wan quickly recognised what he had touched. His lightsaber. In a quick motion Obi-Wan had it activated and blocked the bolts.

The opposition had no chance. They eventually gave up and ran away. Obi-Wan turned his attention back to the girl on the ground, ?Are you ok?? he asked in a concerned voice. The girl looked at him with loving eyes and nodded. ? You saved my life. You?re a Jedi aren?t you? Only Jedi carry lightsabers.? Obi-Wan turned away and dropped his head, ?I used to be a Jedi.? A stray tear fell down Obi-Wan?s cheek. The girl stood up and placed a hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder, ?What?s your name?? she asked. Obi-Wan looked at her puzzled. She looked at him with amusement, ?Your name. Like my name is Casay Realn. So what?s yours??

?Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

?Nice yo meet you Obi-Wan. Hey your eyes are different.? Obi-Wan gazed at the girl // What in the force is she talking about. // Casay picked up on Obi-Wan?s thought, ? They?ve changed, there warm and comforting.?
    -------------------------

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

23. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor Obi! Hopefully this girl will help him get over this fate.

Anyway, more soon please! :D

24. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Great posts, I like the new title.

Interesting description of Obi's eyes.

Can't wait for the next post. :)

25. Midnightetak

Midnightetak Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    doodaahdoodaahhh...doodoodooooDOOOO...!
    HEY!

hello OJ!
    Interesting fic, i will watch it's progress with great interest!

-mid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.