main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: It's a Man's World (JA Humor...Part 2 posted 12/19/01)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    NOTE: Part 1 of this story is written by BL Anderson. Part 2 is written by Obi the Kid and will be posted within the next couple days. ENJOY!!!!

TITLE: It?s a Man?s World (PART 1 of a collaboration fic with Obi the Kid)
    AUTHOR: B. L. Lindley-Anderson
    E-MAIL: Anderson@hiwaay.net
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM, Humor. (Obi is 13) Qui gets bested in a sparring match and is unable to accept defeat.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask first.
    OBI?S WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    B.L.?S WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/al2/lneeson
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

NOTES: Part 2 of this story will be written by Obi the Kid and is the latest our series of collaboration fics.

==========================
    It?s a Man?s World (PART 1)

?Are you going to give me a sparring lesson this morning?? Obi-Wan asked as he and his master stood near the middle of the large echoing gymnasium??

?No, Padawan. I am not. This morning I am going to be teaching Bren.?

?Master Bren?? he said in surprise.

?Yes. What?s so odd about that? Everyone has to learn from someone?and I am?one of the best swordsmen at the temple,? he said proudly.

?Didn?t you tell me that Jedi shouldn?t be prideful??

?Yes. Are you trying to tell me something??

?Uh?no. I was?just asking a question??

?Hey kid. Stretch, you ready for this??

?Of course. Are you ready?? he grinned.

?Sure. Let?s get to it?unless you are waiting for your fan club,? she glanced around.

Obi-Wan snickered and tried to cover it with a cough. Qui-Gon glared at him. Then he stepped into position and turned his saber to the low power setting. He grinned an evil grin.

Bren took a stance and powered on her saber. ?Come on Stretch. Show me how it?s done.?

Obi-Wan quickly found a good place to sit and watch from. This was going to be good he could tell. A certain pride in his master filled him as others gathered around to watch the match. Poor Master Bren?but if she wanted to learn from the best, then she?d have to learn the hard way?.

Qui-Gon circled and made a couple of feigns just to test Bren?s reactions. Then, in confidence, he lunged. However, she easily sidestepped and knocked the blow aside with her saber. And while Qui-Gon was still extended from his move, she quickly brought her blade up and scored a touch. She chuckled as she withdrew and regained her defensive posture.

The Jedi told himself that she just got lucky. He would have to be mindful. A crowd was gathering and he couldn?t let her get too lucky. But that took his mind off Bren and she advanced, easily getting past his saber and striking his torso. Qui-Gon swung impulsively and Bren leaped and tumbled over his head. Before the Jedi could complete his turn, she had struck again to his side.

There were a few laughs from the spectators. ?Way to go Qui-Gon,? a master shouted. He glanced toward the crowd and saw Obi-Wan with his face buried in his hands. **My own apprentice is embarrassed. I have to stop this now.** He made a determined advance and pressed in close. Bren knocked his blade aside and then came under it and struck him again.

Qui-Gon took several steps back, cursing to himself. ?How did she get so good? She must have been practicing on her own. With who, I wonder??

?Need a break, Stretch?? she said innocently.

?I?m fine,? he muttered as he stepped forward again and tried to focus his attention. He had not even scored a single touch yet. This was making him look bad and he knew he?d never live it down. But all those thoughts just distracted him more and more. Before he realized what happened, Bren surprised him with a lunge and struck his torso yet again. But

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Box of Choclates-12 credits

Bunch of Flowers-8 Credits

Padawan Haircut- 9 credits

Qui-gon getting taken down a notch-Priceless

Good Start, Can't wait to read the next part ;)

3. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Oh look, another Obi the Kid story. :D

Haha. Poor Qui. Yes, him and his big mouth. Doesn't he know that women at better then men? [face_mischief] :D heehee

Can't wait for the next part.

~Swede :p

LOL Cow_Girl. I love those commercials. [face_laugh]

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    HAHAHA! Thanks guys! Those are great commercials. Wonder who we can get to make the Qui one. :)

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  6. TheDarth

TheDarth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Great story, ill stick with it, heh

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL!! YEAH!!! GO BREN!!!!! :D :D

Men and their egos... *sigh*

:p

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    HA! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Up! UP! UP!

10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  12. TheDarth

TheDarth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2001
  13. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    [face_laugh] WHAT!? There's *no* more???

14. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Part 2 (the final part) will be posted later this evening! UP!

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Here's part 2. This part was written by me. Thanks for reading....Obi

TITLE: It's a Man's World (Part 2 of a collaboration fic with B.L. Anderson)
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid
    E-MAIL: hlnkid@aol.com
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM, Humor. (Obi is 13) Qui gets bested in a sparring match and is unable to accept defeat.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask first.
    OBI'S WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    B.L.'S WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/al2/lneeson
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

NOTES: Part 1 of this story was written by B.L. Anderson and is the latest in our series of collaboration fics.

It's a Man's World (PART 2)

Obi-Wan had been making every attempt to avoid his friends since his master's humiliating sparring match the day before. He assumed that they knew what had happened. Master Qui-Gon, one of the Order's greatest swordsmen, was beaten in a sparring match. But he was bested by a woman, his close friend, Master Bren Anders. If that wasn't enough, Qui-Gon had been so cocky about a sure victory, that when he lost, he made a complete fool of himself by essentially saying that he was embarrassed to have lost to a 'mere woman.' There had been a large group of masters present to watch the duel, and they were quick to heckle the tall master about his loss. With Master Brazo's help, Qui-Gon had gotten back on Bren's good side, only to say something stupid once more, and was again rejected. The student wondered at his master's inability to keep his mouth shut about this. Usually it was Obi-Wan who had the flying lips problem.

**Maybe I am rubbing off on him. When the apprentice teaches the master...no wait, this is a bad thing. The Council already hates him. If Master Bren hates him, then he'll take everything out on me. This is not good Kenobi. You have to do something.**

His thoughts were interrupted by giggles that turned into laughter. Voices from behind made him cringe.

"Beaten by a woman. I don't know, Obi, you might have a better chance to become a knight if you trained with Master Brazo. Sure, he'd hug you to death, but at least he'd never get beaten by a FEMALE!"

"The great Qui-Gon Jinn and his legendary apprentice. Can't even defeat a woman in sparring."

"Way to go, Kenobi! You know, MY master would never lose to...to...to...I can't say it...to a..."

Obi-Wan turned to face his so called friends, Reeft and Garen. They were shadowed by three other padawans. "Okay guys, that's really funny...ha ha ha. Master Bren is no slouch with a saber, and she just caught Master Qui-Gon off guard is all. And I know he wasn't doing his best. I've seen him perform moves that would leave most Jedi speechless. Just a bad day is all."

"Whatever, Kenobi," Reeft snickered. "He lost, fair and square. You'll have to deal with it the rest of your life. Every time you face him, you'll know that he is weak. That he got beat by a woman!" With that, the small group erupted into a laughing fit and couldn't stop. Several of them were holding their stomachs they were laughing so hard.

Obi-Wan frowned, and took one last look at them. "You guys go ahead and think what you want. My master is a great swordsman. I am proud to train with him." He stomped off leaving them to their hysterics.

Obi-Wan continued wandering the halls. Each time he heard a familiar voice, he would hide until that person had passed. Several older knights and masters made joking comments about Qui-Gon, just loud enough so that the boy could hear them. He was becoming so frustrated that he started running and didn't look back. Turning one blind corner as he glanced behind him, he ran head o

16. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    *giggle* THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks SiriG!

18. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    lol [face_laugh]

Oh that was good, Obi. Nice way to end a day. Expecully one where I had two finals. But I also saw LOTR, so it turned ok. And you posted on this so now it's even better. :D

~Swede :p

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    HA! Thanks Swede! Hope finals went okay :)

20. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    "Why do I always get caught in the middle of their domestic squabbles? I am just an apprentice. And only thirteen years old at that. I'm much to young for this type of stress.

I loved this line, Obi!

[face_laugh] :D [face_love] I LOVED the ending! MUSH! Yummy. Awwww the ending was so so cute!

21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    L [face_laugh] L!!! Loved it OTK! And yay!!! MUSH!!! :D

22. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    I really liked the part about how Bren had 'made him look like an initiate, sent him packing etc.' THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!

Oh, I have 3 questions:

1. When was Bren first introduced? (what was the first fic with her in it?)

2. When did she start calling Qui-Gon, Stretch and why?

3. When was Brazo first introduced?

Any way GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAT
    Story!!! Can't wait for more :)

23. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    HAHAHAHA! you guys are killing me! hahaahaahah! Thanks!!!!

Siri in answer to your questions:

1. Bren was first MENTIONED in a humor fic SOMEWHERE, I dont recall it..BUT the first story she was actualy a character in was called: Houseguest (It's on my website)

2. Cant remember when she started calling him stretch, but it's because he's SO tall and the friend who I based Bren off of, is MUCH shorter than Qui.

3. Brazo, is based of off a friend of a friend, and he first occured in one of my River Bank fics. Not sure which one, but I'll try and find out for you. Since then he's made it into my regular humor stories because he's so much fun to write. And believe it or not, the person he is based in is JUST LIKE HIM! HUGS all the time!

Just for some info, the character of Master Bren Anders will be appearing in some more serious angst type fics. I have several writen already that just have yet to post. I took a shot and tried to expand her character a bit and it worked. But dont worry, she'll be in just about every humor fic I write anytime soon! THANKS GUYS!

Obi

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Angst? GREAT!!! My favourite!

Wow, that sounds odd... [face_blush]

Post soon please? *puppy dog eyes*

25. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Angst is good for the soul!!!!!

Thread Status: