main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Searching For Remembrance (JA Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Jul 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, I am asking for SOOOO much trouble for starting this when my other story isn't done. But I've got time and I'm impatient.

Basically, this story is an alternative to JA #7, the Captive Temple. It'll start off with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon leaving Melinda/Daan to rush back to the Temple where some evil force has attempted to kill Master Yoda. The enemy will NOT be Xanatos but something else that'll threaten the lives of everyone at the Temple.

For those who have been reading my other stories, none of my previous characters exist in this universe. (In case you were wondering.)

Hope people will read this thread and leave comments! You guys have been absolutely awesome so far!

2. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    A new JA story!
    Life just got better. :)
    Post soon!

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Being the JA Fic-Aholic that I am (and darn proud) you know I will be reading. Many angsty moments where missed in "The Captive Temple", I hope you explore them all, including Obi-Wan dealing with the death of one of my all time favorite charaters Cerasi.

4. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Yeah, I can't wait either!

5. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Hey Lina, will there be any Obi torture or mush in this one, you know how we all love those things!!!

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Obi-Wan torture? Obi-Wan angst?
    What kind of writer do you think I am??

Of course there will be!

7. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    WOO HOO !!! I am doing the happy dance now !! anyone else....poor Obi, it's all at his expense.

Oh, well....

8. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    You know I am doing the Happy Dance!!!! How could this go wrong a JA by H. Lina, I see much angst, torture and mush in our Obi-Wans future. I couldn't be happier :D :D

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Another JA-aholic reporting in to let you know I can't wait for the mush, torture and everything else you write so well Lina.

10. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Sooooooooo..... Where's the story? I'm waiting. (and waiting and waiting and ....)

11. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    The story will get here. I"m just trying to finish my other thread first.

12. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, I was going to wait until I was done with the other thread but....aw, Sith, what the heck! The other story is nearly done anyway. Or done for. Which ever one. Here's the first bit.

Searching For Remembrance

Obi-Wan Kenobi had never been completely comfortable around Qui-Gon Jinn. Ever since the intimidating Master sternly reprimanded him for letting his anger get the best of him defeating Bruck Chun during a duel, Obi-Wan always felt a bit awkward around the tall Jedi. He thought the discomfort would melt away after Master Jinn accepted him as a padawan. And for awhile Obi-Wan thought progress was being made. Bit by bit, Qui-Gon seemed to slowly open up to his student. Allow Obi-Wan to take a peek behind his stoic mask.

But Obi-Wan now realized that the discomfort had never gone away. It had just become something both of them had grown used to. Like an old wound whose pain was hardly awknowledged because it had been there for so long. It didn't mean it still didn't hurt.

Now, the awkwardness was making itself known inside Obi-Wan by about 10 fold as he readied to board the transport back to the Temple. In cases when he was unsure of what to do or say around Master Jinn, the teenager had usually remained silent and followed the Master a few paces behind him like an obedient padawan.

*But I'm not his padawan anymore.*

He wasn't sure if he should continue behaving as if he was. Should he walk a few paces behind? Would Master Jinn think he was being insolent for doing this? But he didn't want Qui-Gon to think he didn't want to be his padawan. *I desperately do. More than anything else!*

While the thoughts rolled around in Obi-Wan's head, the tall Jedi moved swiftly past him and boarded. "Hurry up" he ordered stiffly and disappeared into the transport.

*Guess that gets rid of my question* Obi-Wan thought miserably. Shouldering his one bag, the teenager began to walk up ramp. A sudden chill made Obi-Wan shiver and pull the cloak around him tighter. He lingered at the final step. Turning around, his eyes took in the Melida/Daan landscape.

He was leaving behind this place for good. A place he had once given up everything for. A person he had given up everything for. He was leaving behind Cerasi. The memory of the life dying behind her eyes burned in Obi-Wan's mind. The feeling of horror as he felt her slip and fade away from her place in the Force. That would follow him where ever he went, even if Cerasi did not.

"Now, Obi-Wan!" The frustrated shout from Qui-Gon broke Obi-Wan from his trance. Forcing his eyes to focus ahead, the student stepped in. The sound of the door sliding shut, quickly behind seemed to ring in his ears. They were leaving and going home.

*No, Master Jinn is going home. I'm just leaving. Leaving everything.*

As the transport rose into the skies and lifted the Jedi into the atmosphere, Obi-Wan felt his heart remain strangely grounded below.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Beautiful start Lina!!!! I already can tell how good this will be.

Post often, popst soon.

14. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    You've got me hooked. Now post again soon!

Please?!?!

15. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    WOW, only one post into this and I am already hooked!!!!!!!! Poor Obi-Wan, he is such a sad young boy, I hope Qui-Gon goes easy on him.

One question, are we going to get Qui-Gons POV on this. It would be interesting to see how different, yet the same Qui is feeling about the situation.

I hope you posts as frequently on this thread as you have on your others, you are a JA fic-aholics dream, regular fixes!!!!!

16. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Thanks for the replies, Leona, mouse2 and Kelly!

Hey mouse2, I really like your signature!

To answer your question, Kelly Kenobi, yes, a Qui-Gon POV will come soon.

17. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    That was a perfect beginning. It drew me in anyway, and now I'm hooked as well. Please post more soon. This story really shows promise!

18. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    WOW I really like this, Lina! I'm going to have to read your other stories. I've been meaning to, but I've been caught up in other things. While Captive Temple did have some good angst moments, there still should have been more. "Reckoning" hardly had any, which was a big disappointment. I love the JA. I hope #9 is in my bookstore now!!!

MORE?

19. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Wow! New post-ers! Hi!
    I agree. I don't think that the JA series really deals with enough angst. Others must feel the same considering the huge number of JA stories that are written on this board just loaded with angst!

Nice to see you, Amidolee! I'll be honored if you read my other stories! Honored and cringing since my last one ended rather iffy-ly.

Darth Iffy attacks me frequently these days.

20. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Cool! I have to feel sorry for Obi in that first post, after all, he is leaving behind so much on Melida/Daan. Friends who he fought along their side. A world he would have died to save, and a world for which one of his Best friends DID die.
    Next post coming soon?

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    You better post as often here as you do USJS, Lina! I agree that JA didn't deal with Obi's angst enough over Cerasi (but the author is limited to a certain amount of pages, I think) The kid loved that girl, left the Order for her, and is now being rejected by one of his friends he fought with. Qui-Gon doesn't show much sympathy for him (the jerk, yeah, I know he's dealing with his own insecurity, but he could at least try to comfort the boy!)

I wonder who the intruder at the Temple be?

Awhile back, a friend and I wondered if Bruck Chun would end up being Darth Maul, but then Obi had to push him off the waterfall, so I guess that's out. (we thought we were pretty smart about it too :(

22. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Amidolee I couldn't agree more with you about the JA books. I realize that Ms. Watson is limited in the # of pages she can write and the target audience for these books are young boys who don't really go for much mush, but please, the boy went through a lot of very traumatic experiences in a very short period of time. What with Qui-Gon not accepting him sooner and all the events on Bandomeer and then Qui not being very open to him, then everything on Melida/Daan, the poor boy is just barely 13 years old.

I can hardly wait for you to post more Lina and BTW your stories remain excellent from top to bottom so stop saying your threads end up iffy because it is simply not true!!!!!!

23. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Poor old Obi-wan. During one short life time he has had more things happen to him then most people have had in their entire lives.

What I really wanted to say however is...MOOOOOREEEEE!

Kithera

24. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

YES !!! MORE JA!!! Yes!!!!!

more story would be hot!

aa :D

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    You can't have a post like that, then make us wait!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.