main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: If You're Gone (Jedi Apprentice)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Jul 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000

Okay guys, I know this story will beg for a sequel, and I have a plan to do one if you like this one. It'll be about Obi's recovery. So let me know if you are up for it. No time frame as to when I will get it written though. A few weeks probably.

Title: If You're Gone
    Author: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    Rating: PG (non-slash)
    Archive: Sure, just drop me e-mail.
    Summary: 5 years pre-TPM, (angst, H/C) Obi is lost on a mission, Qui is left on Courascant to wonder what happened.
    Disclaimer: The boys belong to George, as usual. Healer Tren, Knight Bental and the Planet of Ventar 6 are mine.

NOTE: This was inspired by Obi, who is a regular on the Jedi Towers and Ewan/Obi boards. I took the idea and ran with it. Thanks Obi!!!

A huge thank you to all you guys who have offered me suggestions, story ideas, and any kind of feedback, I really appreciate it !!!

// indicates telepathy
    ** indicate thoughts
    ===========================

If You're Gone

"If you're gone
    Maybe it's time to come home
    There's a little bit of something me
    in everything in you."-----Rob Thomas
    (Matchbox Twenty)

**If you're gone, how do I move on?"
    If you're gone, why do I still feel you at
    my side?**

Qui-Gon Jinn moved his large frame slowly to the balcony of his Jedi Temple quarters. Unable to walk without pain, and without the assistance of a cane, he struggled to where he needed to be. A month ago he had taken a shot in the back from enemy blaster fire. He had spent these last weeks learning how to walk again, while also fighting another demon; the disappearance of his beloved student,
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.

After searching the stars with his eyes for a few moments, he came to a decision. Packing for the trip to Ventar 6 would take some time, but he could no longer sit back and wait. The one person, who meant more to him than his own life was missing and presumed dead.

//Hold on padawan, I will find you.//

As Qui-Gon was packing, there was a chime at the door.

"Come."

The door hissed open and Mace Windu walked in. Mace saw his friend preparing the travel bag,

"Where in Sith's hell do you think you are going?"

Qui-Gon continued his task. "I am going to that blasted planet to find Obi-Wan. He's alive, I can feel it."

"You are not serious. Qui-Gon, you took blaster fire in the back, you can barely walk, much less join a search team."

"I am fine Mace. I need to find him."

The dark-skinned Jedi Master was losing his patience with Jinn. Kenobi was dead; Yoda had felt his death. For the past three weeks Qui-Gon had been nothing but a thorn in the Council's side about his missing apprentice.

The Council had sent a 5-member search team to the planet, but there was no sign of the young Jedi. The Knight who had been assigned to the mission with Kenobi, Knight Bental, had been found two weeks ago. From what the team could tell, he had been tortured and then killed. The search team believed that whoever killed Bental, had taken young Kenobi with them. After seeing what the savages had done to Bental, they held out little hope that Obi-Wan would be found. But the search continued, for Qui-Gon's sake if nothing else. The search team leader, Master Nef Sudra was an old friend of Jinn's and was aware of how important Kenobi was to him. So he vowed to find the young Jedi, dead or alive.

Mace moved closer to his friend. "Qui-Gon, you know you are on light duty for the next month, the healers will not allow you to leave the planet. I will not allow it."

"Mace please, I need to do this?" Qui-Gon's eyes pleaded.

As his tone softened, Mace sat down next to his fellow Jedi on the couch.
    "Qui, he's gone...Yoda felt his passing, as did I. You need to let him go,
    move on."

Ignoring the pain in his back, Qui-Gon stood up, reaching for his full height. "NO!!! He is not dead!! I don't know whose death you felt, but it was not Obi-Wan's. I can still feel him Mace. I would have known if he was gone. Why can I still feel him
    near if?"

Mace stoo

2. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Boy, it doesnt take long to get pushed off of page 1 does it ?

3. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    This is very well written, and I must say I'm very impressed. You handled the angst bit very well without descending into melodrama, and you created a very believable relationship between Master and Padawan which truly shows how much they meant to each other without too much sentimentality. Very well balanced. Great stuff! Keep it up!

4. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    Obi the Kid, how do you do it? You always write such awesome stories. And they just keep getting better and better. I can't wait until you write you next one. This one was just so good. I loved it. There is nothing else to say, except it was just great!! Please write more soon.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved it Obi the Kid. The angst, the mush all quite wonderful. And yes I fully expect a sequel dealing with Obi-Wan's emotional/mental recovery.

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thank so much guys for the quick feedback !!! Puts the pressure on for the sequel though.

I havent decided how much mush to include in the sequel, I have a vague idea of the beginning of it right now, but there will be some mush for you peeps. Cause I love the stuff too!!!

7. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Woo Hoo indeed!

8. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    That was awesome, Obi the Kid!
    Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon H/C at its best!

9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Takin it to the top once more before i sign off for the evening !!!

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Good! I liked the way that Qui-Gon managed to reach out through the Force to Obi-Wan by using the rock, and the way that they expressed their feelings for each other by bantering about it. I also expect a sequel, if only to find out what exactly happened to Obi-Wan, and how he deals with it.

12. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I would also love to see a sequel to this, Obi the Kid! So please write one!

13. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wonderful and touching Obi the Kid!

Now on with the sequel! It is a must! :D

14. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Another great story by Obi the Kid. How does she do it? I have NO idea.
    I loved the mush, and the 'Yes Dad," was a cool touch! Can't wait for the sequel!!!
    More, more, more, more, more, more ,more ,more...
    (I think you get the hint.)

15. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    I agree with all of those who are clamoring for a sequel. If you've got the notion for it in your head, then by all means, post it, Kid!

And soon. I'm going on a week-long camping trip. . .no computers, no Force.net forums to keep me going. eeeek!

Joins the throng: more! more! more!

16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Finally got home from work !!!

I promise that a sequel will follow, just not quite yet. My next fic is about Obi and his wisdom teeth.

I have also got another planned that deals with this fic here, it'll be an Obi POV fic, his thoughs while he is imprisioned hoping to be rescued. I just thought of the idea today, so it's still in the thought stage, but I am pretty sure that this one will follow the sequel.

Title for the sequel will be called "Bent" and the title for the Obi POV will be called "Will you Remember Me." All things subject to change of course, because none of them have even been started as of yet. But I believe those are my next 3 fics, look for the Wisdom Teeth one, hopefully next week sometime.

Thanks you guys !!!!

Obi the Kid

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Up we go !!!

18. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Hey, Obi the Kid, I just have to say that as a person who is going through wisdom teeth problems at the moment, I am making a request: Don't write anything that is going to scare me. I may seem old enough to handle pain, but I'm really a wimp. And I am not looking forward to having my wisdom teeth pulled in August.

So please, place warnings before you employ dental Obi-torture in your next story.

:)

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    I promise Knight Mara,

Nothing to severe...i had mine out in 89, it's not too bad. had all 4 out at once. It's bleeds for a while and you have to keep guaze in your mouth, then play with the stitches with your tongue, but as I recall, there wasnt a great deal of pain. I react badly to anesthesia and so I felt like crap for a day, but everyone is different.

Don't worry, it wont be as bad as you think. I still have a hole in my bottom right side and every so often food gets stuck in there...okay so that's a bit disgusting!!

But seriously, it's not as bad as you think.

Keep watch for it!!!

20. JEDIMASTERYU

JEDIMASTERYU Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2000
    That was Great, Obi the kid, the sequel is coming soon right?

21. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Thanks for the pep-talk, Obi. Of course, I'm also scared because a) I react poorly to anesthesia too, and b) I also can't take any narcotic pain killers (like percoset, darvoset, percodan, or even codeine --in other words all the medications they prescribe for wisdom teeth extraction). Guess it's time to practice my use of the Force and it's pain-suppression techniques.

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    WOO HOO, I made page 2...what a rhyme...

Maybe if they just hit you over the head with a brick, pull them suckers out and stuff some gauze in your mouth ?? That's another alternative I guess.

Or maybe numb your whole head !!

i think the anesthesia was alot worse than the teeth part. Blood I can deal with, that feeling after surgery is toooooo much.

Sequel, i promise !!!

23. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Another triumph Obi the Kid!!! You certainly have a way with words. I will add my voice to those who look for the sequel, your ideas seem wonderful, I can?t wait. Of course the wisdom teeth story is also much anticipated.

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    See what I've gotten myself into....

The pressure is on now, the sequel better be good.

Thanks Kelly !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.