main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Going Home (post AU TFM) 1yr. after Naboo. Qui/Obi/Ani/Sideous COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by shanobi, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Quick authors note: This is my very first fic. I am quite anxious about posting it, so i've decided to stop procrastinating and just do it.

Title Going Home
    Rated hmmm...PG i guess
    Genre Drama/Angst
    Feedback Would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions and constructive criticism would be quite welcome
    Summary It has been a year since the Battle at Naboo. Obi-Wan has not returned to the temple or spoken to Qui-Gon since his masters near death. He no longer thinks of the temple or qui-gon as his home. He wonders if he will ever really find "home" again. (Oooh! I really suck at this summary stuff. Dont let it stop you from atleast checking the story out please).
    Disclaimer They dont belong to me, they belong to GL and/or JW. I just HAD to borrow them for awhile :)

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn strode through the temple corridors towards his quarters.

He was unusually preoccupied today, so much so that Anakin had managed to score a winning blow during their sparring session.

Qui-Gon smiled as he remembered the look of shock and surprise on his padawans face, which he was sure was mirrored on his own. This was the first time the apprentice had even come close to winning a match against his master. The boys look of shock was quickly replaced with a smile that lit his whole face.

Qui-Gon had to admit, the boy was good. True, he had been preoccupied and perhaps a trifle too confident in his own abilities, but he was still a jedi master. The boy had beaten him fair and square.

Suddenly in his minds eye the image of his young smiling padawan was replaced by that of another. A boy with spiked ginger hair, an impish smile and the most expressive blue/grey eyes he had ever seen. The object of his preoccupation. Obi-Wan.

He closed his eyes and tried to push the image from his mind as he always did when he thought of his former apprentice.Try as he might, he couldn't get Obi-Wan out of his mind.

Today was the one year anniversary of his near death at the hands of the Sith on Naboo. ~Has it only been one year, force it seems so much longer~ he thought.

As Qui-Gon continued to walk, various images from that fateful day ran through his mind. The look of hurt that crossed his padawans face as he offered to train Anakin in front of the council. He could feel that hurt through the training bond before shields were quickly slammed into place. That was the last time he would feel anything from Obi-Wan through their bond. His steps faultered and slowed in remembrance of the pain that HE had caused.

Quickly regaining his composure he hurried on. Still the images came. Obi-Wan running to catch up with him, his padawans agonized scream as his master was run through with the Siths saber. Obi-Wan, tears streaming down his face as he held his master.

Finally reaching his quarters Qui-Gon palmed opened the door. He stepped inside and let the door close behind him. Leaning back, he closed his eyes and let the memories overtake him.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I have some more, but I'd like to see how well received the fic is before i continue. I meant what I said if any one has any suggetions as far as the story goes. If someone gives me a good enough idea I could include it. I know there are many talented writers here. I had to lurk around for a month before I could log on :)

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I usually just lurk since I don't have the time to write anything, but it's a good start for a new writer.

I'll keep watching for new posts.

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  4. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Can I hope for a good ending in this story? Please....Please......
    I really want to see Qui and Obi fix everything and be father/son again...
    Great story so far, more please?

5. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I like what I've read so far. :)

= Clare =

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    WICKED start :D Sounds very cool so far...ooh angst!

Keep on posting :D

7. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    MORE!!!!!!!

8. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    I normally just lurk! But great start! Post more soon :)

I just love angst!

Blade :cool:

9. JoeyKenobi

JoeyKenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    I like the beginning so far. Just please post more.:)

10. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Oooooooooooo.....

This story looks good!

Of course, I don't really like Anakin *gags* but I do joy Obi-angst and insulting Qui-Gon when he deserves it.

So please post!

:D

11. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    VERY Good story!! Are you sure it's your first??

I would also love to see a happy ending to this story!! Qui-Gon is my favorite Star Wars character, it pains me every time I see him die!! I also have a lot of sympathy for Obi-Wan!!

12. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Thanks for the warm welcome. And just a little hint.....I only do happy endings. Also I just wanted to let all those obi lovers know that it will be a couple more posts before we actually see him. Gotta lay the ground work ya know. :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin Skywalker sat in his final class of the day. Outwardly he looked the model student, attentive and obedient. Inwardly he was bored. He knew the material inside and out. He never failed. In fact, he excelled at almost everything he did at the temple. His grades were excellent and his sparring technique was nearly flawless for a boy his age. None of his agemates had managed to defeat him when it came to sparring. Those who would spar with him voluntarily that is.

The one area that Anakin seemed to have a problem with was in socialization. He had tried to make friends, but it just never seemed to work out. Qui-Gon had warned him that there may be some animosity towards him where he arrived so late to the temple and already had a master.

~So what~ he thought ~So I didnt grow up in the temple. Big Deal. They're just jealous. I've only been here a year and I'm better than any of them.~

He smiled as he thought of his sparring match with Qui-Gon earlier that day. His master had seemed distracted. Qui-Gon was usually so focused that he could easily predict any counter move Anakin could come up with. ~Not today~ Anakins smile widened.

Still, he wondered what it was that could have distracted Qui-Gon so. ~Oh Well~ he thought ~You snooze you lose. Why shouldn't I be able to hold my own with a master. I am the Chosen One after all.~

With his next thought his eyes narrowed the tiniest bit and the smile that he still wore began to look more like a smirk. ~I'll bet in 5 years my abilities will even surpass that of the great Qui-Gon Jinn.~

His musing were interrupted as he heard a familiar name mentioned.

"....Obi-Wan Kenobi. As you all know, the Sith were once considered to be extinct. Many Jedi grew up believing they were nothing but a myth...." Anaking listened as the instructor, Knight Bel'ya continued. ".....we now know that they were and are very real. This new chapter in the history of the Republic is still being written. However, we do know that the Sith CAN be defeated, thanks to our very own Knight Kenobi."

Anakin tried not to roll his eyes as the instructor continued on. "As you all may be aware, it has been one year since the battle at Naboo....." ~Of course~ thought Anakin. No wonder Qui-Gon had been distracted. His master had amlost died that day, but Qui-Gon had not been his master at the time.

Anakin mentally scowled as he thought of his masters former apprentice. Obi-Wan had never liked him. Anakin quickly tamped down on the surge of anger he felt as he remembered overhearing Obi-Wan referring to him as dangerous. He thought back to the last time he saw the knight.

He had been sitting at Qui-Gons bedside in the palace infirmary on Naboo. Qui-Gon had only just been removed from the bacta tank hours before and was still unconscious

Obi-Wan had approached Qui-Gon and had either chose to ignore Anakins presence or was so focused on his master that he just didnt notice the boy. Either way his presence went unacknowledged.

Anakin recalled thinking that there was something different about Obi-Wan, but he couldnt place what it was. Obi-Wan had stood staring down at his master for what seemed like endless moments to Anakin. Finally, Obi-Wan reached out and grasped Qui-Gons hand. In his other hand was an object that Anakin could not see.

Very gently Obi-Wan had placed the object in Qui-Gons hand and enclosed that big hand with both of his own. His eyes closed briefly. Anakin thought that he may have seen a tear escape from beneath lowered lashes. But before the thought could register, Obi-Wan turned abruptly and exited the room.

Anakin, being curious slipped from his seat and approached the sleeping

13. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Anakin! Why you little spoiled brat!!! Give Qui Obi's braid right this second!

Here I am, lurking quietly on the boards and you had to go and post this. So now I have to go and yell at that litte... Arrghhh! How can he do that? It's not even his. Doesn't he have any manners at all?!

<takes a deep breath and calms down some>
    Good story so far. Keep it up.

~Swede :p

14. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Oh, good, a happy ending. Thank You!!!
    Well, at least it was not the stone that Qui gave Obi...but still....
    I have to say, I don't like Ani at all. I think Ani's self-esteem will be his downfall. I wonder what will happen if Qui and Obi meet each other again. Not to mention when they fix their relationship...

Ani...do you know that you are walking the path that lead to the darkside? It is a no-u-turn road, and it is very very bad.

15. Jacka_Leval

Jacka_Leval Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Great so far Shanobi--I just love it when Anakin is made out to be the bad guy (evil laugh) ;)

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: Anakin... :eek: He... :mad: You give your Master the braid this very second, Anakin Skywalker! :mad:

Okay, I'm calm now... ;)

Great start! :D I'll be checking back in for new posts! :D

17. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Anakin! ooh that little brat!!! :mad:

GREAT post shanobi! Ooh where'd Obi go???

18. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Ooooooooooo....

Geez Anakin, I threaten you all through RRK's "An Uncertain Path," (Heck I even dipped you in boiling oil!) and you STILL haven't learned!

*Grins evilly*

Well, that' okay!

*Grabs Anakin by his ear*

*Plunks him down in front of the TV with The Teletubbies on*

You can just watch that and think about what you did!

*Anakin* NOOOOOO!

19. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon sat in his quarters staring down at his cup of tea that had long since gone cold.

It was dusk now and since he had turned no lights on upon his arrival his quarters were grey and shadowed. The lighting seemed to reflect his mood perfectly.

He had not spoken to Obi-Wan or seen him, well atleast in person, for over a year. Qui-Gon had learned upon his recovery on Naboo that his padawan had been Knighted and had requested a mission as soon as possible.

He didnt find out until a couple months later that it hadnt really been that simple. As he laid dying on the floor of that melting pit on Naboo, his apprentice had fed him his own life force to keep him alive.

That in itself isnt necessarily dangerous. All Jedi are taught the basic techniques of healing. The danger laid in the extent of Qui-Gons injury. By all rights he should have died in that melting pit. Obi-Wan had fed him so much of his own life force and energy that the padawan had nearly joined the Force right along with him.

Mace had told Qui-Gon that they had both been found unconscious with Obi-Wan slumped over his master. It had taken some quick work on part of the healers, but somehow they managed to stabilize the pair. What Obi-Wan had started was enough for the healers to use to pull Qui-Gon through.

It was days into his recovery before Qui-Gon would recall those last few moments with Obi-Wan in the melting pit. He remembered that he had come to terms with the fact that it was his time to join the Force. The only thing stopping him was the beautiful, weeping young man that held his head in his lap.

There were so many things he wanted to say to this boy whom he loved like a son. Things he should have said a long time ago. But he was growing weak and knew he must speak quickly. Thinking first of his duty as a Jedi he had told Obi-Wan to train Anakin, that he WAS the Chosen One.

He had seen the brief flash of pain in those beautiful tear washed eyes. He wanted to reassure, to comfort but he was so tired. All he could manage was a brief whisper of a caress to his padawans tear streaked face.

He closed his eyes and awaited the will of the Force. Almost immediately he felt a warmth spread throughout his entire body. A warmth infused with such love and purity of light that he gasped at the sensation.

It was wonderful, and so peaceful. He had never felt such love just for him. It felt so right, it felt like home, it felt....familiar. He realized that instead of his life force leaving his body, he was being anchored to it.

~Obi-Wan! No!~ he thought. He knew what his padawan was trying to do and he knew the danger involved. Obi-Wan was giving too much, if Qui-Gon didnt stop him he would be lost as well.

Already Qui-Gon could feel the apprentice beginning to lose consciousness. He had to stop this. It humbled him to know that Obi-Wan would do this for him, but he loved the boy too much to let him sacrifice himself. With his last ounce of strength, he had forcibly pushed Obi-Wan from his consciousness.

Qui-Gon was startled from his memories as his comlink beeped. He debated not answering it, but as always duty won out.

"Qui-Gon" he spoke into the comlink

"Qui-Gon" he recognized the voice of his friend Mace Windu, "Your presence and that of your apprentice is requested immediately in council chambers."

"Am I to assume that I am no longer on inactive field duty?" Qui-Gon said dryly.

"Qui-Gon" Mace repeated somewhat hesitantly, "This concerns Obi-Wan."

"On my way."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well i notice I have some readers. Which makes me very happy. Thank You all for the wonderful feedback. Many of them made me smile :) I have a question though. Does anyone feel the story is moving too slow? I wanted to lay groundwork, but its taking forever to get to the good stuff. Opinions??

20. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Ok, so now I'm worried. What's wrong with Obi? And I want to know he reacted to Qui pushing him away when he was dying.

And one more thing: keep Ani away from me or something... unpleasent might happen to him. And I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

~Swede :p

21. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ooooo! This is good! Can I kill Anakin? Pleeeease? Goodness, he's such a brat!

More soon please! :D

22. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    reader reporting in, nice story, post soon?
    I don't think this story is move too slow, but I assume you will post often right?

I am worrying about Obi-Wan now, is he hurt?

23. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Oh good, a story where Qui-Gon doesn't die at Naboo and a happy ending to look forward to, with a bit of angst in between. :) Makes me a happy reader, now what is up with Obi and why did Anakin keep the braid?

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    It concerns Obi!?!? Let it be good news!

MORE SOON!!!! :D

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You've started the story a much better way then George left it! :) :) Plus I like your Anakin... he's the little brat I always thought him to be. So arrogant and full of himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.