main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Master You Admire and The Padawan of Your Dreams (Obi, Big AU) Please Read.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Howdy all. Ok this is just a story I?ve been writing in my spare time. So it might be a little dodgy.

Title: The Master You Admire and The Padawan of Your Dreams.
    Author: Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal
    Rating: PG
    Time Period: Obi-Wan is 21

Authors note: Ok just some thing you?ll need to know. Obi-Wan had become a Jedi knight already. Qui-Gon is part of the Jedi Council and this is a NO Skywalker story.

All the characters belong to G.L and yada yada yada.

Ok here we go. I hope you guys like it.

Ki-Ann stepped onto the large blue duelling mat. Thoughts raced in and out of her mind. This is the last chance to prove your abilities. She thought to her self. Her opponent Harna was already there. She got into position and ignited her lightsaber. The electric blue lightsaber hummed. Master Yoda gave the word to start. Ki-Ann already knew that Harna would go to offence and make Ki-Ann go to defence.

Harna was always so over confident in offence, but she really didn?t give a sith.

They started.

Harna charged towards Ki-Ann, but Ki-Ann blocked every blow with a graceful move. She used the force well. She flipped over Harna?s head and swiped at her legs. Harna fell to the floor in pain. Ki-Ann was about to deliver the final blow when Harna wrapped her legs around her and tripped her up. As Ki-Ann fell she placed her hands in front of her and did a front flip.

Harna quickly flipped back up and charged again.

The pair of students fought full strength and full speed, but neither got the upper hand in the duel.

Ki-Ann?s electric blue lightsaber always blocked Harna?s gold/yellow lightsaber with grace. She wasted hardly any energy. Harna struck at her neck. It caught Ki-Ann by surprise. She air flipped back a few times landing on a training block.

Harna quickly force jumped onto the block. With little room to duel Ki-Ann jumped off the block rebounded herself of the wall with her leg then landed in a perfect defence position.

Harna jumped off the block. She decided to use a new strategy. She started to circle around Ki-Ann.

In that moment Ki-Ann saw Harna?s over confidence trigger. She struck a few light blows then a hard one that ended the match.

Harna lay on the ground with Ki-Ann?s lightsaber to her neck. Yoda Called out stop. Ki-Ann deactivated her lightsaber and took a step back from Harna.

Harna got up. They shock hands then bowed to the small Jedi Master who had been watching them.

Little did they know that a Jedi Knight was watching them from the shadows. He took a particular interest in Ki-Ann. He turned and walked out the side door when the duel had ended.
    ------------------
    Hope you like it.

2. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Doesn't anyone want to read this. Is it really that bad.

:(

3. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    No, it is good and interesting! Please contiue!

4. Neobi_Kenobi

Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2001
    Don't feel bad. My first post was me too. It sounds good so far. Keep it up!

~Neobi

5. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Great beginning! I like it!

More soon please! :D

6. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Thanks guys. Ok here's the next post.
    ---------------

Ki-Ann sat in the change rooms. She was trying with all her strength to hold back the tears that threaten to surface. She was 12 years old, her birthday was 4 weeks away and she had not been chosen as a Padawan yet. She got up and walked out of the change rooms not looking where she was going. Ki-Ann slammed the door shut behind her then accidentally walked straight into Obi-Wan Kenobi. She looked up into Obi-Wan?s eyes, ?I?m extremely sorry Knight Kenobi. I wasn?t looking where I was going.?

Obi-Wan frowned, but he could see that the young girl was truly sorry. He gave her a warm smile, ?That is quite alright. I was just on my way to see you.?

Ki-Ann?s eyes lit up. He, a master, was looking for her, a student who needed a master. She tried to contain all the excitement that had filled her. She had forgotten all about the sadness that she had before. ?Yes what did you want to see me for?? Her voice held little of what she felt.

Obi-Wan knew at that point that he had raised the girl?s hopes. He didn?t mean to do that and when she finds out she?ll be crushed. Obi-Wan thought about how to tell her without sounding like a complete Sith. ?I just came to say that you did an excellent job duelling today. I could not see any obvious faults.?

Ki-Ann almost fell to the floor in tears. He hadn?t come to take her as a Padawan. ?Thankyou Knight Kenobi. Your comment means a lot to me.? Was all she could say. Ki-Ann forgot that only Students and Padawans came to see her duel. No knights were there. Only Yoda. She walked past the knight and made her way to the cafeteria. Her friends were usually if they weren?t in class.

Obi-Wan watched Ki-Ann as she walked away. He wished he could tell her he knew what she was going through. He went through the same thing when he was her age. Kenobi you are an imbecile. Take her as your Padawan learner. This thought lingered in the back of his mind and didn?t go away. He walked back to his quarters. His mind still on Ki-Ann. Should he take an apprentice. After all he had been a knight for a year now.

Ki-Ann walked into the cafeteria. She glanced around. Her eyes resting on a group of her friends. She waled over to join them. She sat down on a seat at the end of the table. ?Hey what are you guys talking about?? She asked not really wanting to know the answer.

One of her friends smiled, ?Were talking about who we think is the best looking master or knight.?

Ki-Ann all of a sudden was paying attention. She was always interested in who her friends were good looking. ?Who?s winning?? She said with a smile coming over face. She sat there waiting for her friends to answer. It took them awhile.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi? The girl at the opposite end of the table said.

Obi-Wan stopped just out side of his quarters. His conscience telling him to turn around and take the girl as his padawan. He finally paid attention to that voice inside his head, but first he would check her school records just to be sure. He made his way to the library. All students? records were kept there. Obi-Wan walked to the computer and typed in Ki-Ann Kenly. All of her records came up in a few seconds. He looked through each one. She seemed to be well mannered and have a keen urge to learn as much as possible. She was one of the top students in every class. Obi-Wan seemed to be impressed. He finished reading Ki-Ann?s files and decided to do the right thing. He got up and started to look for Ki-Ann.

Ki-Ann and her friends started to have a good laugh about Master Yoda. Ki-Ann forgot all about being chosen as a Padawan for a few minutes. This is what she loved to do. Hanging around with her friends and having a good laugh. The laughter was interrupted by a coughing noise behind them. They all turned to see Obi-Wan looking at them with his arms crossed. ?Oh sith? One of the girls said.

Obi-Wan frowned, ?Ki-Ann come with me please.? He said in a blunt voice.
    ---------------

Later guys

7. Neobi_Kenobi

Dec 15, 2001
    Interesting, hope to see more soon.

~Neobi

8. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Thanks. Ok here it is.
    ---------

Ki-Ann gulped as she stood up and followed Obi-Wan out of the cafeteria. She walked behind him for a while; she had no idea where she was going and why. As they walked down a long hall way she noticed that they were walking past apartments. They kept walking. Ki-Ann read all the silver nameplates as she walked by. They finally reached the end of the hallway and stopped at a door. Ki-Ann looked up to read the nameplate. The silver plate read Kenobi/______ The second part of the plate hadn?t been filled out yet. Ki-Ann guessed that the second part was for who ever became his Padawan.

Obi-Wan punched in a code and the door opened. He motion for Ki-Ann to follow him in.

She did without any hesitation. She gazed around. She was in Obi-Wan?s apartment. Her friends would kill her if they found out. Ki-Ann couldn?t wait to tell them.

Obi-Wan told her to sit down on the sofa, while he went to the kitchen and poured her a glass of some wired coloured juice. He handed the glass to Ki-Ann then went to lean on the wall opposite her.

Ki-Ann started to feel nerves and she didn?t know why. Obi-Wan seemed to be really relaxed. She finally had the courage to say something. ?Why have you brought me here Knight Kenobi??

Obi-Wan smiled at her. His eyes locked with hers. ?Like I said earlier to you. You fought well in your duelling match today. It was most impressive.? Obi-Wan leaned on the wall in a more comfortable position and folded his arms into his cloak.

Ki-Ann didn?t know where he was going with this. She took a sip of her drink.

Obi-Wan continued, ?I would be honoured to take you as my Padawan learner Ki-Ann Kenly.? Obi-Wan sighed. That was easier then he thought it would be.

As soon as Ki-Ann heard what Obi-Wan had said she started to choke on her drink. Obi-Wan quickly ran across to help her. When her breathing had gone back to normal. Obi-Wan was sitting next to her. Looking at her waiting for her answer.

Ki-Ann looked into Obi-Wan?s blue eyes. She took in a long breath and smiled at the knight. ?I accept Knight Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan?s face broke into a huge smile. He leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead. This was the kiss of Master/Padawan. When Ki-Ann passes her trials he will give her the kiss of equals. Obi-Wan stood up and brushed himself off. ?We must inform the council then you must pack your things so you can move in Padawan,?

Ki-Ann?s heart skipped a beat as Obi-Wan called her Padawan. She had waited her whole life for this day and now it was finally here. ?Yes Master.? The words rolled easily off of her tongue and she felt a great joy as she spoke them.

Ki-Ann walked behind her master as they made their way to the council chamber. Just before they got there Ki-Ann stopped, ?Master.?

Obi-Wan turned around and folded his hands into his cloak once again. ?Yes Padawan.?

Ki-Ann didn?t know how to ask this. It was a difficult question for her. ?How do I behave in front of the entire Jedi Council??

Obi-Wan smile. Only a few children had been in the council chamber. He walked next to Ki-Ann and placed his hands on her shoulders. ?Just remember your training in posture. Don?t speak unless you have been asked a question or have been recognised. There are 13 members of the council in the chamber. They sit in a circle, while we stand in the middle. Ok.?

Ki-Ann nodded. She could do this. She walked a step behind Obi-Wan again. They entered the council chamber. The force in this one room hit Ki-Ann like a title wave. Obi-Wan and Ki-Ann took their position in the centre and bowed.

Obi-Wan quckly looked to his right and saw his former master Qui-Gon Jinn sitting next to Mace Windu.

Yoda spoke first. ?You have come to see us for a reason Knight Kenobi have you not??
    -----------------------

Sorry I wont be post for 10 days 'cause I'll be on holiday. But could yous just give this a little kick once in a while. Thanks

Later

9. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Hello. Anybody there.

10. Neobi_Kenobi

Dec 15, 2001
    Are you back yet? Post soon!

~Neobi

11. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Looks good so far. More please?

~Swede :p

12. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    I'M BACK

Thanks too all for giving this thread a kick every now and again. Ok I'm back and I'm posting.
    ----------

Obi-Wan seemed so relaxed in front of the Jedi Masters.

Ki-Ann was having trouble keeping her posture.

?Yes.? Obi-Wan started. ?I have come to tell you that I have taken a Padawan learner.?

The council gazed at him. Then their gazes shifted to Ki-Ann.

Obi-Wan was not fond of the council gazing at his Padawan.

Qui-Gon gave the girl a warm smile to comfort her some. ?We see that you have chosen Ki-Ann Kenly.?

Obi-Wan kept his posture and bit down on his tongue. Do they have a problem with that? He thought.

Yaddle was the next one to speak. ?Kenobi. You are no longer a knight. You have become a master. Ki-Ann you also have gone from student to Padawan. Congratulations to you both.?

At that moment every council member clapped.

Obi-Wan placed a hand on Ki-Ann?s shoulder and smiled.

When they left the council chamber they went to pack Ki-Ann?s things. She didn?t have much. Star charts, photos of her friends and some other small stuff.

Obi-Wan helped her carry the things back to his quarters.

When they got their the silver plate read Kenobi/Kenly. They walked through into the empty room that was to become Ki-Ann?s. She walked in and started putting things away. She picked up a photo of her friends she had taken a long time ago. She was the third out of the group to be chosen as a Padawan. She placed the photo on the bed side panel where the lighting panel was.

Obi-Wan walked to stand next to his padawan.

Ki-Ann looked out of her window. The sun was at leats a good hour away from setting.

Obi-Wan wrapped an arm around Ki-Ann, ?This is a big step in both our lives Ki-Ann. We should go out for tea. What do you think??

Ki-Ann stared out at the buildings that covered the capital. ?Yes we should Master.?
    -----------------------

Later guys. Keep the comments coming.

13. Neobi_Kenobi

Dec 15, 2001
    Glade your back. Good post so keep it coming.

~Neobi

14. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    keep going. ;)

15. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    *Walks into thread. Sees Neobi and waves. Looks around sees a new comer.*

Thanks Neobi.

Welcome jedi7 to my fic. Any question you have. Don't be afraid to ask. I'm always happy yo answer them.

16. Neobi_Kenobi

Dec 15, 2001
    ~*~Waves back~*~

So can we hope for a new post soon?

~Neobi

17. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll have to get back to you about that Neobi.

18. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    *Walks back into thread. Notices everynoe pacing around and getting angry.*

Sorry I'm late guys. Here's the post.
    ---------------------

Obi-Wan and Ki-Ann sat in a formal restaurant. Hardly a word was spoken all night. Yet the silence wasn?t awkward. It was pleasant. Obi-wan spent most pf the night just looking at his apprentice. To know that he will pass on what Qui-Gon had taught him. Soft music played in the background.

Ki-Ann played around with the food on her plate. She could feel Obi-Wan?s eyes staring at her. She didn?t mind the slightest. Boys had never paid attention to her so it was kinda nice to have a master looking at you.

Obi-Wan broke the silence, ?Are you enjoying your meal Padawan?? he asked. His voice came out a lot calmer, softer and nicer then he had expected.

Ki-Ann looked up her green eyes looking straight into Obi-Wan?s blue eyes. Force he has nice eyes. She thought. ?Yes master.? Ki-Ann replied.

Obi-Wan blushed bright red. He gave Ki-Ann a nerves smile. How did I red her thoughts?

Ki-Ann shot her master a glance. What in the name of the force was going on? She swallowed and decided to ask. After all, she was an apprentice and that?s what apprentices did. ?Master what do you mean you can read my thoughts??

Obi-Wan got a questioning look on his face. ?I never said that Padawan.?

Ki-Ann raised an eyebrow. ?I know you?? She didn?t finish the sentence.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes for a few seconds and went into deep thought. A few seconds later he opened his eyes and smiled. ?It seems that we have formed a master/padawan bond without even trying to.?

Ki-Ann dropped her jaw. She felt so embarrassed now. She would never live this down.

Obi-Wan?s smile got wider, ?Oh and Padawan. Thankyou for the nice comment about my eyes.? Obi-Wan placed some credits on the table and got up.

Ki-Ann dumped her elbows onto the table and buried her face into her hands. She turned bright red and felt like she just got stabbed with a lightsaber.

Obi-Wan noticed that Ki-Ann wasn?t moving. He knew exactly why as well. He knelt down next to her and placed a soothing hand on her back and rubbed it gently. ?Ki-Ann it was a compliment that you gave me and I thankyou for it. It mean?s that I can be proud of part of my body.?

Ki-Ann looked up, her face returning to normal colour then gave her master a weak smile. She got up and the pair walked out of the restaurant.

Obi-Wan decided to go for a walk through the Temple gardens. He asked if Ki-Ann would like to join him.

Ki-Ann yawned // I Think I?ll just go to bed. I?m heaps tired. // She said testing the bond.

Obi-Wan smiled and said goodnight. As he walked through the peaceful gardens he saw another Jedi walking around. To his surprise it was Qui-Gon. He quickly walked over to join the new council member. ?Qui-Gon. Nice to see you old friend.?

Qui-Gon sat on a boulder, ?Nice to see you too Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan bowed his head and smiled.

Qui-Gon continued, ?A mission the council has for you and Ki-Ann.? He sighed.

Obi-Wan was taken back by this news. ?A mission??.Already.?

Qui-Gon shook his head at the shocked man that stood in front of him, ?You?ll be briefed in the morning. Good night Obi-Wan.? With that Qui-Gon left. He knew that he and Obi-Wan should talk more but he didn?t know how to face his former student anymore. He had changed. They both had changed.

Obi-Wan walked back to his quarters. A mission was the last thing on his mind, but he was glad as well. A mission would get him away from the Temple and away from the council?s watch. He walked into his room and fell onto his bed. He sent some comforting vibes to his padawan. It didn?t take long for the darkness that was sleep to claim him. He slept peacefully all night. Not knowing and caring what the future held for him and his apprentice.
    ---------------

*Runs out of the thread before everyone starts yelling for more*

19. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
  20. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I just started reading this story, it is cute. Waiting to see what the mission is.

21. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    up

Hello jodiwent and welcome to my fic. Any questions just PM me and I'll be happy to answer them.

Until the next post please help yourself to the free drinks and snacks.

22. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    up up and away

23. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    OK I have finally posted.
    -------------

Ki-Ann tossed in her sleep. Her peaceful dreams had turn into horrible nightmares. She saw things that she would never want to see in real life. She woke up tangled in her sheets and blankets and she was in cold sweat. Ki-Ann looked at her surroundings. Everything was where she had left it. She laid back down hoping to get back to sleep, but she had no such luck. Ki-Ann lay there for force know how long just staring at the white ceiling. She finally sat up and swung her legs to the side of the bed. Quietly getting up she made her way to her master?s bedroom. The door slide open with a quite swoosh. Ki-Ann careful crept in side and knelt down next to her master?s bed.

Obi-Wan felt someone shaking him gently. He opened his eyes and flicked a switch on the lighting panel next to his bed. A small light came on. To his surprise Ki-Ann was knelling next to him. Her face held some guilt about waking him up. ?Padawan are you ok?? he asked looking concerned.

Ki-Ann shrugged and raised her eyebrows, ?I couldn?t get back to sleep. I had a pretty bad nightmare.?

Obi-Wan smile kindly. Well at least she didn?t come in here saying a sith was in her room. Obi-Wan thought to himself since he had done that to Qui-Gon on many accessions. He could see Ki-Ann was shaken servilely by he nightmare. Obi-Wan sat up and motion for Ki-Ann to sit next to him. As soon as Ki-Ann sat next to him he hugged her and started saying soft words of comfort into her ear like ?Don?t worry? and ?Dreams can?t hurt you.?

Ki-Ann fell into her master embrace. She felt Obi-Wan kiss the top of her head.

?You can stay here for the rest of the night.? Obi-Wan said as he pulled back his blanket.

Ki-Ann went under the blanket straight away.

Obi-Wan wrapped his arms around his apprentice as she snuggled closer to him for comfort. The two slept peacefully all night.

The next morning Ki-Ann opened her eyes. The first thing she saw was her master sleeping peacefully next to her. She got up hoping not to disturb Obi-Wan and went to the fresher. When Ki-Ann got out and had got dressed she went into the small kitchen. She was shocked to see Obi-Wan up and fully dressed putting breakfast on the table.

?Morning Ki-Ann. I trust you slept well for the last part of the night.? Obi-Wan said with a huge smile on his face.

Ki-Ann walked over to the small table and sat down. She didn?t know how to take her master?s attitude yet.

Obi-Wan joined her at the table. They ate in silence for a moment. That was until the Jedi master broke the silence. ?The council wishes to speak with us this morning.?

Ki-Ann gave her master a confused look. ?What for?? She finally asked.

?A mission.? Obi-Wan replied.

After breakfast they went to the council chamber. Obi-Wan and Ki-Ann bowed.

Yoda spoke. ?A peace talk mission we have for you Obi-Wan and Ki-Ann. Simple it seems, but know for sure we do not.?

For the next half an hour Obi-Wan and Ki-Ann were filled in on what they had to do. ?Your transport leaves in 30 minutes.? Mace Windu said plainly.

Obi-Wan raced back to their quarters. Ki-Ann was right behind him. They gathered a few things they thought they would need then went to the docking platform.

Ki-Ann had given her friends a note telling them what had happened in the last 48 hours.

They boarded the ship and were soon in hyperspace. It would take 5 hours to get to their destination.
    -------------

Bye guys. The next post will be soon....... I hope.

24. OBI-JINN-ANI

OBI-JINN-ANI Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2001
    Come on post the rest, I can't wait

25. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.